Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Little Talks [closed]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

Beata Bucks : 9667

Little Talks [closed] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little Talks [closed]   Little Talks [closed] - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 28, 2017 6:42 pm

Brailynn stared the girl down, letting the silence hang in the air as she looked her over. She apologized, but the blonde be white certain for what. Did she think that Lynn would be disappointed in her answer? (She was, a bit, but that was besides the point.) Instead of accepting her sorry and moving on, she merely shrugged. "I don't believe you," she said, stretching her arms up. "Or, at least, the romantic in me doesn't want to believe you." Maybe it was just her as a whole. She had always been the dreamer type, hoping for the best. It was how she was raised.

"I've heard tons of stories from when my parents were our age. My mom was the meanest, scariest person around - and my dad was probably the last person who would ever be her type; silly, sarcastic, flirty - all those fuckboy traits, I've heard." Not to say he still wasn't those things, she thought with a hint of a smile. "But he managed to get close to her. They're still happy and married. So there's definitely some sort of guy out there for you, yeah?" She didn't want to ramble off into some life story, but she liked to be encouraging. Or try anyways.

She rolled back forward. "You never know what'll happen. Love and all that cheesy stuff works pretty weird." Lynn slid open her drawer, turning her back to Kayla and blocking her line of sight as she began to rummage through. "Just in case..."
Back to top Go down
https://beataacademy.rpg-board.net
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

Beata Bucks : 12421

PostSubject: Re: Little Talks [closed]   Little Talks [closed] - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 28, 2017 9:12 pm

Your mom is still the meanest, scariest person around. She didn't let the bitter words pass through her lips, but she came that close. Mrs. Moore was even more of a hardass than Ms. Miller, and that was saying something. Was Lynn saying she was that bad? Kayla allowed a razor thin hint of a smile to touch the corner of her lips, glancing back down into her lap, sparks skittering across the bare skin. Okay. Fair enough, maybe that was the case...

Silly, sarcastic, flirty. Fuckboy.

Yeah. She knew who that described. The face drifted in front of her mind's eye, unbidden, stupid smiles, corny jokes...

It made her nauseous. Kayla just rolled her eyes. This was way too much sap for something so, so, so fucking stupid... "Knock it off." How many times did she have to tell her—... hey, wait. She arched an eyebrow, craning her neck to try and get a glimpse inside the drawer, but she couldn't get a decent look from this angle. The Autumn leaned in, flustered all over again. "Hey, just in case what?"
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: Little Talks [closed]   Little Talks [closed] - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 30, 2017 12:13 am

It wasn't just Kayla who was flustered this time around. Even Lynn herself held a slight pink to her cheeks. "Don't run off on me yet," She said with a light chuckle. Beata's education, well, it was pretty lacking in some crucial areas. She knew this for her own as a former student, and she doubted that the younger girl knew much more than most people about the sort of sketchy subjects. They taught them to flee, how to fight, how to make the very earth around them bend and change to their own wills; but there was something they never quite figured out how to touch on.

The Spring slipped out a small, sleek package, holding it between the tips of her fingers. There were no markings on it, and little else but a ring-shape inside. "You know what this is, don't you?"
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Little Talks [closed]   Little Talks [closed] - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 30, 2017 1:41 am

She should've expected something like this. Deep down, in the back of her head, maybe she had expected this, and exactly this, but she didn't let her mind jump to the conclusion, because she couldn't even start to prepare herself for how to react to just the implication. But just like a bad horror movie, she saw the scene play over in her head before Lynn even whipped the thin plastic packaging out from the drawer.

Electricity burst out, scattering sparks out across the room.

Kayla almost slapped the thing out from between Lynn's fingers. Did that answer her question? She fumbled for the words, but the only thing she could manage at first was a light shriek, color blooming across her cheeks. "Wh-what?!" she finally managed. "Oh my god, no. No, no, not ever, not in a million years, I would never let him—...!"

Even if she was right. Even if she—... ugh. Even if, from time to time, she caught a glimpse of him out of the corner of her eye, in just the right light, and she thought to herself that maybe he wasn't so bad-looking, at least... Even if that was the case, just the remotest idea sent her head into a tailspin.

"What kind of person do you think I am?!"
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: Little Talks [closed]   Little Talks [closed] - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 30, 2017 10:10 pm

Brailynn's arm reflexively shot up before her eyes, holding her breath as bright sparks shot off around the room. While it did little to the Guardian herself, every small lash evaporating into yellow smoke, she couldn't say quite the same for her blankets. There was the slight smell of singed cotton in the air, but Lynn chose to ignore it. "You're taking me the wrong way here!" She said quickly, trying to wave down the girl's sharp glares. "Have you seen the Daycare lately? It's just a talk that every girl needs."

She pulled her leg up onto the bed, resting her cheek flat on her knee as she looked the girl over. "You've lived alone with him so long, I'm amazed no one's brought it up before. And now this cruise..." She shrugged, trying to offer her a smile. "I just wanted to make sure you're safe. You'd be surprised at the shit that happens. Like, how it works and all that." Because of the implication.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Little Talks [closed]   Little Talks [closed] - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 01, 2017 2:06 am

What did never ever ever mean to her? Lynn didn't have to make sure of anything; she was pretty sure she had this locked down and safe and good to go. Just mentioning the daycare in that kind of context made her shudder. Children, ugh... Put a bunch of zoo freaks together in a box with not much else to do and yeah, maybe you'd get a few little accidents running around. But not her. Never her. It didn't matter if she was sixteen or twenty six, that was the last thing she'd ever want in the world, and there was one sure way to make sure it never happened. And it wasn't the stupid plain square in Brailynn's hand.

You're pissing me off! Even if she didn't say it out loud, she was sure the message was written plain and clear across her face, drawing the blanket closer over her shoulders. "Dude, stop." Did she think she was fucking around here? No. No meant no. Never meant never. Not with him. Not with anybody, on this whole planet. "This is fucking disgusting."
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: Little Talks [closed]   Little Talks [closed] - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 01, 2017 3:45 pm

Alright. Maybe she really should slow her roll before Kayla went to fry up her pillows and curtains next. She chewed away at the inside of her cheek, tossing the the square back in the drawer and sliding it closed with the edge of her foot. "Alright. Alright, sorry." She pushed her palms out apologetically, and supposed hoped that if the day ever did come between her and some lucky guy that he would at least bother to be a gentleman about it. "I was just looking out for you."

Brailynn sat up straight and pulled herself back off the bed cushion, heading back to her deep jungle of a closet, shuffling through the hangers. "Do one more thing for me, yeah? Then we can go eat some pizza or something."
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Little Talks [closed]   Little Talks [closed] - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 01, 2017 8:06 pm

She blew out a sigh as the steam between her ears evaporated, dropping her head in her hand, pinching the bridge of her nose between her fingers. "Shit," she muttered. Kayla should've just let it go, or better yet, cut it short, grabbed her clothes, and bolted out the door, but she felt like she owed Lynn more than that after all this trouble. Even if it was fucking torture. It was stupid, but a cold stone of guilt settled in the pit of her stomach where white hot anger had burning just a few moments before. "Sorry. I'm just... pretty uncomfortable with this kind of thing." There was a creeping embarrassment just forcing out the words, but at this point, she had to say something. "A guy's never liked me like that. I don't know how to act like a girl. I feel like I'd look like a dumbass if I tried." And Lynn wasn't the only one who could smell that singed cotton.

Yeah. Pizza sounded nice.

Fuck it.

"Alright. Go ahead. Shoot. I won't say no."

She fought her every inch of the way with the Formal thing too. Even if it was misplaced, she couldn't. Her mind drifted back to Myles and Grace. Most people would've lost their patience way before Lynn did.
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: Little Talks [closed]   Little Talks [closed] - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 02, 2017 6:35 pm

A grin immediately touched onto the girl's lips. " You won't say no? No matter what it is?" Brailynn mused, lacing her hand around one slick piece of fabric. "If I had known you'd be so open, I might have chosen something better but -" The Guardian flicked the hair out of her eyes, stepping away and pulling out an old dress of hers. It wasn't ancient or anything, merely one of her old formal gowns that she'd never gotten the chance to wear again. A bright red thing, with small ruffles around the skirt and delicate laced sleeves. She held it up, bringing it closer to the girl to inspect. "Take this with you, is all. There's bound to be a few fancy things you'll need to gussy up for." And maybe let her teach Kayla how to put on some eyeliner, at least.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Little Talks [closed]   Little Talks [closed] - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 03, 2017 10:52 pm

And she regretted it. She opened a chink in her armor and Lynn didn't hesitate to pounce with the teasing, like a real trueborn killer. Kayla just sighed again, averting her eyes as Lynn kept rooting through the closet. Was it too late to walk that all back?

She had to force herself to look up when Lynn finally whipped it out. And fuck. Her first thought, and the thought that made her hate herself right then, was that it was pretty. Her second thought tacked on a 'too pretty for her.' The only reason she didn't look like a painted clown last winter was because of Lynn's careful care and expertise. Just looking at it, Kayla felt like she'd manage to rip the fabric just trying to slip it on.

This just wasn't her style, if she even had a style. Was there any way to make her see that, even if she wouldn't admit it? Reluctantly, but with a burning curiosity that just sharpened the embarrassment in her gut, she reached out, running her fingers over the thin gossamer sleeves. Delicate. "Alright," she muttered, like some impossible challenge had been just tossed into her lap. "I'll take the fucking thing."
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: Little Talks [closed]   Little Talks [closed] - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 07, 2017 6:32 pm

Brailynn beamed, her smile triumphant. That was the spirit! She spun back on her heal and closed her closet back up. Enough of all that for one day, she supposed. There was probably only so much more that Kayla could take before all her lightbulbs went breaking out into a frizz. "Great!" She stepped back up to the girl, tilting her head and looking over her curiously. It was amazing in away. She had admired the younger student for so long from afar, thought her as big and bad as the rest of the school did, and yeah - she was prickly - but she wasn't at all scary when you got close to her. Funny how things had worked out between them. "You just get on dressed again and I'll go start on dinner."

With a slight wave, Brailynn strode out if the room, light on her toes - shutting the door firmly behind her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Little Talks [closed]   Little Talks [closed] - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Little Talks [closed]
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3