Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Fortunate Son [PLOT - OPTIONAL]

Go down 
+6
Cricket
Crystal
Ebony
Stormi
Tart
Sleepy
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

Beata Bucks : 12433

Fortunate Son [PLOT - OPTIONAL] Empty
PostSubject: Fortunate Son [PLOT - OPTIONAL]   Fortunate Son [PLOT - OPTIONAL] EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 4:32 am

OOC: So this is a completely optional topic related to the site plot. This takes place after Part Three, in which Nate declares for some good old-fashioned American liberation. This topic is mainly meant for everybody who's going to Europe, but if you're not involved in that, you can still post here for... moral support, I guess?

The students who'd volunteered milled around the gym, gathered in a tenuous semi-circle around the two coaches, all chattering among themselves as they began their warm-ups for the day. It'd be their last chance to talk, most likely. Harris ran a tight ship and never went easy on anyone, ever. The fact that she hadn't sentenced them all to three years of nonstop pull-ups yet for speaking was a miracle. From the benches, Evelyn watched them all, chewing on her lip.

Coach Harris never seemed to stop moving. She was always stretching her arms, her legs, her back, cracking her neck or running in place, and she always did it with a cigarette hanging limply from her lips and a look on her face like someone had just keyed her car. It didn't take much for her students to provoke random barks of anger, usually ending in strenuous and bizarre punishments for the next six months. Kayla wondered if she had been a drill sergeant in a previous life.

Booming hearty laughter rumbled around the gym as the Coach warmed up in black silence. A great big bear of a man stood close by, talking closely with a young blonde girl in a white school uniform, trimmed with blue. She held a hand to her mouth to stifle her giggles. "Mon, mon, Monsieur," Elodie chided in a light teasing tone. "Such a joke is not meant for young children's ears..."

Coach Parker clapped her on the back with another burst of laughter, as sudden as a storm and as loud as a thunder clap. He towered over everyone else in the room, with hairy arms as thick as tree trunks, a scarred face, and warm brown eyes. It wasn't a wonder that he was called 'Bear', by students and teachers alike. "But you laughed!" he said. "You're not as innocent as you're acting!"

Elodie mockingly pursed her lips. "I do not like your implication, sir."

He clapped her on the back again, laughing. Harris growled something under her breath. "Right, so, a dwarf walks into a bar..."

"Oh, stop it, Simon." For once the Coach finally came to a stop, pulling the cigarette from her mouth and breathing a puff of smoke. Kayla turned away from it, a dark look suddenly on her face. Evelyn's eyes, full of worry, were reserved for someone else, however. "You're talking to a teenage girl."

"Kids these days think of worse things," Bear countered, grinning. The scars might have given him a fearsome look, but smiles came easily to his face. "And Ellie here likes my jokes, don't you?" He gave her a playful nudge with his elbow. "Now, think carefully before you answer..."

Harris just rolled her eyes, taking the cigarette back into her mouth, and turned to face the gathered students. She clapped her hands to catch their attention, but Kayla didn't raise her eyes from the ground, her face looking somewhere between fury and grief. "Right!" she shouted,. Her voice cracked like a whip, instantly ending the chatter in the room. "You're all here 'cause you're volunteers on Mr. Wright's mission, and it's our job to make sure you're ready." The Coach took another drag off her cigarette. "The Headmaster's saying this is like any other mission. Well, it's not. You're not fighting dragons or spiders this time. You're fighting gifteds." Harris began to frantically tap her foot, making up for the last few moments of stillness. "The animals you usually fight are nothing compared to a person with powers. If you think this was just going to be some easy-breezy vacation with some guard duty on the side, you were wrong. Get all those comfy thoughts of rewards and field trips out of your head if you're serious about this. You're not going to leave the kids at Sofia with a bad impression about us, or you're going to wish you hadn't come back."

She flicked her cigarette to knock off a pillar of stubbornly clinging ash. Kayla's mouth curled into a snarl. Harris kept talking. "Push your limits today in training. Your trip to Athens is soon, and we don't have a lot of time to prepare. No messing around. Got it?"

Last edited by Sleepy on Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tart

Tart

Beata Bucks : 10651

PostSubject: Re: Fortunate Son [PLOT - OPTIONAL]   Fortunate Son [PLOT - OPTIONAL] EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 8:47 am

Amy Rose lit up. It would be tough, but exciting! And they'd be training hard- she only regretted that she'd have to fight other people. But Amaya was watching from the doorway, and she had to at least prove to her sister that she was ready. Amy had copped out of training with Amaya because she loved her. She wouldn't cop out of hurting those who would and may have hurt others.

Xander, on the other hand, was a little worried. He shrunk, and it wasn't the greatest power. He was sure his forearm blades could help make up for that. He hoped.
He took hold of Amber's hand and gave it a light squeeze. They'd be fine, even if it hurt.
Back to top Go down
Stormi
The Slenderman
Stormi

Beata Bucks : 10354

PostSubject: Re: Fortunate Son [PLOT - OPTIONAL]   Fortunate Son [PLOT - OPTIONAL] EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 10:35 am

Aiko was ecstatic about the trip, listening to "Harris"'s every word and only boiling up more excitement. Dangerous? Sure, it probably was really dangerous! But that's what made it fun, like an adventure! Suspense, thrills, action...She couldn't wait! Katsuo already gave a similar talk to her before they came here(he was over in the back to listen, like a few other students might be), though she didn't mind the warnings too much. She wasn't scared! She's gone through a ghost forest once on a mission, and knew that if she practiced some more, she'd be ready to go!
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

Beata Bucks : 9679

PostSubject: Re: Fortunate Son [PLOT - OPTIONAL]   Fortunate Son [PLOT - OPTIONAL] EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 4:02 pm

Jason stood at the end of the group's little semi-circle, glancing lazily around at the others, noting that very few of them were actually familiar faces. A good number of them had to be new to thr school. Untrained. Fresh meat. Normally, this was something that he imagined Coach Harris would get a kick out of, but when all the experienced kids were volunteering to fly out to Europe and represent Beata, he imagined amatuer was the last impression she wanted to give. It was no wonder she was in a sour mood and it could only mean they'd be crawling out of the gym fatigued by the time the day was done. In a strange way, he could only smile. What first then, he wanted to ask. Bring it on.

Ethan, however, looked far more wary standing next to the Autumn. He was a healer and a scholar, not a fighter! And to say that he hadn't moved around in months was a literal statement, not just a lazy exaggeration. The Winter stared down at the ground, crossing his well. This was wonderful, just wonderful...
Back to top Go down
https://beataacademy.rpg-board.net
Crystal
Princess Cry Cry
Crystal

Beata Bucks : 8768

PostSubject: Re: Fortunate Son [PLOT - OPTIONAL]   Fortunate Son [PLOT - OPTIONAL] EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 4:14 pm

Amber beamed at the sound of danger, glancing around at the others who formed the circle, wondering what they were thinking. The autumn blinked looking back at Xander who tightly squeezed her hand. Smiling she gave him a nudge and laughed, "Nervous?" She asked him in slight ammusment. "Don't worry i'll protect you in Europe." The brunette said towards him giving a small smile and wink.

As the coach mentioned tough training Amber jumped a little, Right lots and lots of training, they had some work to do! Pulling Xanders hand slightly she gave him a little nod. "Come on we have a lot of training to do if we want to protect their school! The girl said eagerly rushing off somewhere dragging Xander along with her.

Now lets see what they can do.

Cameron frowned a little watching Amber bound off with her new boyfriend Xander, He wasn't very found of the idea of his little sister going to Europe with a guy that didn't even look tough. He didn't even like the idea of the two dating, but Amber never listened to him at all. Walking after the couple he gave a fake smile. "I Expect you too take good care of my sister in Europe.

The spring said towards him giving him a slight push, as he looked at the boy quite sternly. Cameron acted more like Ambers father then her brother. " And Amber Behave and becarefull, your battling other people with much different gifts. I dont want you coming back in a cast or something." Cameron told her as he walked off towards a chair near them wanting to see them train to see how well they will do in Europe.
Back to top Go down
Cricket

Cricket

Beata Bucks : 10352

PostSubject: Re: Fortunate Son [PLOT - OPTIONAL]   Fortunate Son [PLOT - OPTIONAL] EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 3:37 am

OOC: short and simple is how I like itI just can't think of anything

Grant stood there, feeling a bit lonely. No one was talking to him, he almost thought they were all ignoring him. Why do I care, i've been through this before... Ooh, I can't wait for some of that nice exotic food! Hope I used that word right... Not like anyone would know, i;m just thinking to myself. He sat down on the floor, and started to search through his suitcase for anything that could pass the time.
Back to top Go down
Falcon

Falcon

Beata Bucks : 11668

PostSubject: Re: Fortunate Son [PLOT - OPTIONAL]   Fortunate Son [PLOT - OPTIONAL] EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 6:30 am

Her arrogance was showing as Ashleigh allowed Coach Harris' barking voice to end her conversation with another student, her green eyes looking at the coach with a bit of disdain. It wasn't like she was oblivious to the danger of what they were to face, or stupid enough to not put her abilities to the test in order to finish this mission, but that was the entire reason she was barely paying attention, tapping her foot to a non-existent beat. There wasn't many things she disliked, considering how bubbly she was all the time, but one of those few things she disliked was someone assuming the worst. This tough-as-nails coach assumed that they'd embarrass the school by underestimating their opponents, and it annoyed her. Admittedly, that attitude could be seen as very self-centered, but it wasn't like she was going to announce those thoughts to the audience at large. She would just stand there and internally roll her eyes. Bitch.
Back to top Go down
Tart

Tart

PostSubject: Re: Fortunate Son [PLOT - OPTIONAL]   Fortunate Son [PLOT - OPTIONAL] EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 1:17 pm

Xander gave a bit of a smile. "Just a little nervous," he told Amber, "but mainly because I don't know what Greece is like. I like knowing the area." Then he smiled at her brother. "Don't worry, dude, I'll protect her with my life! I'd do that anywhere!"
Back to top Go down
Crystal
Princess Cry Cry
Crystal

Beata Bucks : 8768

PostSubject: Re: Fortunate Son [PLOT - OPTIONAL]   Fortunate Son [PLOT - OPTIONAL] EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 12:43 am

Giving Xander a slight smile and nod she laughed. "Thats what makes the trip fun! you don't have to be worried about it, plus i'm sure it's going to be everyones first time in Europe." She said grinning widely. Giving Cameron the annoyed eye-roll "Oh Cameron who says you needed to act like dad when he's not around? Amber called after him teasingly. before she caught a glimpse of one of her Best and trusted friends Grant. "Hey Grant! Come over here you look a bit lonely!"

The Autumn called out a little too loudly, but its alright she wanted him to train with Xander and her and i'm sure Xander would understand. Looking around the gym she blinked a bit surprised as she noticed people training. "Okay pipsqueaks let's see what you can do!" Amber said quickly crouching down onto the gym floor and transforming into a meduim wolf that was brown.

Giving a slight bark, the wolf hurried at Grant almost racing at him full speed ahead.
Back to top Go down
Tart

Tart

PostSubject: Re: Fortunate Son [PLOT - OPTIONAL]   Fortunate Son [PLOT - OPTIONAL] EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 4:35 pm

Xander took up his training nightsticks, and twirled them. He'd wait to attack, perhaps see what Grant did. But whatever he did, Xander was damn sure he loved that Amber turned into a wolf. If there was one thing he didn't like about some other girls, it was that they couldn't take care of themselves.

OOC: Nice siggy! Perhaps Xanber or Xamber would word for a ship name?
Back to top Go down
Cricket

Cricket

Beata Bucks : 10352

PostSubject: Re: Fortunate Son [PLOT - OPTIONAL]   Fortunate Son [PLOT - OPTIONAL] EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 7:44 pm

"I'm fine." he called back to her. It's not like he hadn't done this before. Who're you calling pipsqueak? He hated being called small, height was one thing that matter to him. He turned back to the couple, noticing Amber was missing from the group. Is she the wolf or something?Well, No one would just rush at him for no reason, it had to be her, she was missing. Or did the wolf eat her?! Haha, how stupid is that? Oh, I think I have a shield. Searching around in his bag, he finally pulled out a small circular looking wooden disk, and raised it in front of Amber, hoping she would run into it. It looked like she was going fast, could she even stop herself? He gave Xander a smile, it seemed like he was the lady in the relationship.

OOC: Just saying, I like RegOrdan...
Back to top Go down
Sandly

Sandly

Beata Bucks : 11828

PostSubject: Re: Fortunate Son [PLOT - OPTIONAL]   Fortunate Son [PLOT - OPTIONAL] EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 8:38 pm

Regina quickly found herself approaching the small group of three that seemed to be sparring, almost immediately recognizing Grant as one of them. "Hey Grant! Mind if I join in?" she hoped that by bringing up the fact that she knew Grant it would make the people she didn't know yet be more accepting of her, at least she had seen something similar work for other people in the past.

Sebastian dug his hands deeper into the pockets of his lavender skinny-jeans, having to mentally tell himself to stop the ringing of his hands before he wore a hole into one of his favorite items of clothing. But his nerves were all about and he was extremely anxious. L-Look at all of these people...! he thought as he let his widened eyes scan around the room full of other gifted students. He had had hopes of sticking next to Regina, but the orange haired girl had disappeared almost as quickly as he had first seen her. Sure, he was used to not knowing anyone- other than his parents, staff, and fellow designers- but was certainly not used to anyone not knowing him.

OOC: Dammit, why hadn't I though of that...! XD Idk, Jrogina is like a legit name...I think, lol!
Back to top Go down
Rose

Rose

Beata Bucks : 11152

PostSubject: Re: Fortunate Son [PLOT - OPTIONAL]   Fortunate Son [PLOT - OPTIONAL] EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 6:50 pm

OOC: Shhh, I was gone somewhere. Short post is horrible

IC: Staring around the gym, Rosie stood away the the slowly forming group of people. She chose to stick to the sides rather that be swarmed by people whom she didn't know. They were talking so loud and it was starting to hurt her ears. Growling lowly, she took notice of the small brown wolf that was suddenly turned into. So there is another wolf gifted student here? She felt tempted herself to turn and just tackle the student, wanting to half scare them to death. If anyone would be alpha here, it would be her.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

Beata Bucks : 12433

PostSubject: Re: Fortunate Son [PLOT - OPTIONAL]   Fortunate Son [PLOT - OPTIONAL] EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 4:15 am

Misty nodded in something that might have very vaguely looked like satisfaction when some of the students took initiative, breaking off into groups to train among themselves... she did not share her almost-halfway-pleased feelings with the rest, however. She took another drag, tapping her foot. "Well? The rest of you going to sit there on your asses? Get a move on! Hustle! Hustle!" She stuffed the cigarette back in her mouth and clapped her gloved hands together. "Fifty laps around the gym, and I'll double it if you're still standing here in the next three seconds. Go! Go!"

Kayla didn't move, even as the other stragglers scurried off around her like roaches. Her gaze was glued to the ground.

"One hundred, Croft. And take your hat off."

A lone spark raced across the bill of her cap, and Kayla still didn't move. Her hands clenched into fists. "No."

Coach Harris knitted her brow together and opened her mouth, no doubt ready to condemn her to sixteen years of detention, fifteen hundred laps around the state of North Dakota, and a sentence on Death Row, when Elodie moved forward, graceful as a dancer. "Madame," she called in a voice as sweet as a song, wrenching the woman's attention away. Kayla whirled and marched stiffly toward the doors without another word, and Coach Bear seemed too distracted giving instructions on how best to break somebody's ribs to stop her. "Monsieur Parker tells me you and I are sisters."

Misty seemed taken aback enough to temporarily forget the delinquent currently storming out into the hall, singing the expensive tiled floor with random lightning bolts. "Sisters?"

"We both are blessed with the gift to glimpse into the future, Madame," Elodie explained with a serene smile.

"Oh, is that so?" Harris said, puffing on her cigarette and casting a glance over her shoulder where Kayla had disappeared. She gave a contemptuous snort and looked back into the crowds of students, any interest she had in the conversation quickly fled. It was well known that Coach Harris was more invested in suppressing her gift than taming it.

"It is, although my own gift differs in... some ways." Elodie clasped her hands together. "But a different branch of the same family tree, no? It is a pleasure to meet someone who shares the gift of prophecy."
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

Beata Bucks : 10115

PostSubject: Re: Fortunate Son [PLOT - OPTIONAL]   Fortunate Son [PLOT - OPTIONAL] EmptyTue Aug 12, 2014 6:47 pm

Yet another previously unmentioned student was in the gymnasium. He was leaning against the stony wall, bouncing a rouge tennis ball that had a hole right to it's empty core. Pausing to look into said hole, he stuck a pair of fingers inside for seemingly no reason. After a few minutes, the ball was overflowing with what seemed to be fog. He would have used smoke, but you know what isn't fun? Smoke detectors.

Grinning, he threw it to the nearest wall, about ten feet away. The Spring student watched with glee how to ball left a ghostly trail of grey mist in its wake. When it came back, he refilled it and threw it at a different angle, creating new arches across the floor. Rhett sure knew how to have fun.

Except when the coach started yelling at them to start running laps. Looking around to be sure everyone else was going to jog too, the Spring began his laps slightly sheepish.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fortunate Son [PLOT - OPTIONAL]   Fortunate Son [PLOT - OPTIONAL] Empty

Back to top Go down

Fortunate Son [PLOT - OPTIONAL]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next