Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Field Day... Week... Month(s)?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

Beata Bucks : 12433

Field Day... Week... Month(s)? Empty
PostSubject: Field Day... Week... Month(s)?   Field Day... Week... Month(s)? EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 3:51 am

Something that came to me while I was doing the sport thing.

Beata has a handful of awesome active members, but it's hard to call it bustling... so why don't we change that with an extended Field Day/Week/Eternity thing?

It could be a succession of fun, simple competitions between Houses (maybe with initiates getting "drafted" by House representatives).

Possible events:

• Capture the flag.
  • Kick the can.
  • Piggyback/three legged/sack/wheelbarrow races.
  • Tug of war.
  • Dodgeball.
  • Chicken fighting.
  • I don't know if this was just unique to my elementary school, but we played a game called "Infected" which was essentially tag, except way more intense. Once you were tagged, you stayed tagged, and then you had to help hunt down the rest of the survivors with all your fellow infected-people. There were a couple safe-zones, and there was a "peace symbol" which could only be used by non-infected people. When recess was over, you had to make a mad dash to this undercover area, and you weren't safe until you touched this wall. It was crazy. Did anybody else ever do anything like this?
  • Kickball.
  • Other things you guys can help me think up. I am so tired and it's 4 AM and aghghgh why am I up

What do you guys think? Yea? Nay?
Back to top Go down
Stormi
The Slenderman
Stormi

Beata Bucks : 10354

PostSubject: Re: Field Day... Week... Month(s)?   Field Day... Week... Month(s)? EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 7:23 am

When I was in fifth grade we played a ton of really random games usually involving chasing each other down like hungry creatures of the night.

We had something similar to your "Infected" but didn't really have a name for it and the taggers would be "monsters" that when they bit you you'd turn into one as well.
But there were no safe spots. You just kind of had to hide.

I want to ask Sand if she remembers anything from that game now.

For some suggestions, I remember last year when I was in FFA we had a few events throughout the year and two or three of them involved a ton of random games that the teachers just made up from their strange minds. Or maybe just found on the web I don't know. They were all generally partner activities though.
One was where you were basically a penguin trying to waddle your way across a grass field to your partner while carrying a miniature watermelon on your feet. You'd have to pass the watermelon on by pushing it onto your partner's feet. With your feet. Somehow. You couldn't drop the watermelon on the way or when switching roles with your partner. Then your partner would do the same back across the field. It was basically a confused penguin race.
There was another one that I know they didn't make up because I've played it before elsewhere. You may have as well, I have no idea. Anyways, you'd prop yourself up in like a push-up position and your partner would grab your ankles and lift your legs up. They'd walk forward and you'd crawl forward like some kind of demented slave-lawnmower. Again, you'd go to the end of the field, turn around, and come back. It didn't matter if you had to stop for a second or if one of you tripped. You'd just have to get back into formation and continue on your way. Another weird racing game.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

Beata Bucks : 12433

PostSubject: Re: Field Day... Week... Month(s)?   Field Day... Week... Month(s)? EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 1:12 am

Stormi wrote:
One was where you were basically a penguin trying to waddle your way across a grass field to your partner while carrying a miniature watermelon on your feet. You'd have to pass the watermelon on by pushing it onto your partner's feet. With your feet. Somehow. You couldn't drop the watermelon on the way or when switching roles with your partner. Then your partner would do the same back across the field. It was basically a confused penguin race.

Ooh, I remember doing something like that, except we did it with eggs and foam balls I think

Stormi wrote:
There was another one that I know they didn't make up because I've played it before elsewhere. You may have as well, I have no idea. Anyways, you'd prop yourself up in like a push-up position and your partner would grab your ankles and lift your legs up. They'd walk forward and you'd crawl forward like some kind of demented slave-lawnmower. Again, you'd go to the end of the field, turn around, and come back. It didn't matter if you had to stop for a second or if one of you tripped. You'd just have to get back into formation and continue on your way. Another weird racing game.

Stormi wrote:
demented slave lawn-mower

Field Day... Week... Month(s)? 4d640z8

I've done that too, and eaten dirt far too many times.

Some how ideas to add onto those:

• An obstacle course.
  • Various water balloon games. I'm sure there's at least a couple, but if we can't think of any, we could just have people pelt each other with water balloons in some bizarre bouncy-house Battle Royale.
  • I don't know what it's called, but once we did this thing where two people would stand on this narrow board above a kiddy pool and whack on each other with these giant foam toothpick things until someone fell off. Like two socker boppers stuck on both ends of a plastic pole. That was in first grade, so for Beata we could turn it up a notch.
  • Chicken fighting, but on the ground. In a large group. With all the Houses. Then give the people riding on top giant foam toothpicks to better murder their opponents.
  • Archery competitions, horse races?
  • Some kind of Hunger Games-esque competition. Maybe with paintballs? Giant foam toothpicks? Just let people slap each other until there's only one left standing.
  • Red Light/Green Light |D No, I'm not immature, ahahaha ;_;
  • I forgot its name. It was called Minnows, Sharks, or something along those lines. On the word 'go!', everyone ran across the gym while our 6'5", 55 year old, fully grown, black gym teacher did his damnedest to floor us with dodgeballs. If you reached the other side of the gym unscathed, then you were safe until he said 'go!' again. If you were one of the unlucky SOBs who got iced, then you sat down where you were hit and assisted in the murder of your fellow classmates. The people sitting on the ground couldn't move, but they could tag people as they ran passed, or they could pick up nearby dodgeballs off the floor and pelt people with them. No, I'm definitely not just immature and nostalgic.
  • Everyone dousing Montare with silly string. No, this is not a game I had in mind. This is just what I think people should be doing all the time.

If not some sort of Field Day thing, then I think we should at least be doing some sort of monthly event just to keep people interested.
Back to top Go down
Stormi
The Slenderman
Stormi

Beata Bucks : 10354

PostSubject: Re: Field Day... Week... Month(s)?   Field Day... Week... Month(s)? EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 7:36 am

An obstacle course while playing Red Light Green Light? |D?

I can imagine if there was a student who could just freeze themselves in motion would just be stuck in mid-air when the person running the game yells "red light".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Field Day... Week... Month(s)?   Field Day... Week... Month(s)? Empty

Back to top Go down

Field Day... Week... Month(s)?
Page 1 of 1