Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

NES Games Make Enemies [CLOSED]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Icee

Icee

Beata Bucks : 8103

NES Games Make Enemies [CLOSED] Empty
PostSubject: NES Games Make Enemies [CLOSED]   NES Games Make Enemies [CLOSED] EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 11:14 am

The cicadas hummed loudly in the heat of the afternoon. A light breeze ruffled the town's trees but nothing could defeat the humidity. The young girl glanced at the suffering townspeople as she passed by, heading towards one of the many air conditioned buildings.

Kyou Nakamura, 15. The brunette wiped the growing sweat from her brow and strode down the street towards the lit game center. A small, pink Game Boy sat at her hip, the small charms jingling with every step. Sighing in content, she opened the Game Lounge door and stepped into the cold arcade. A small gasp escaped her lips at the sight of the many arcade games decorating the room. This, was heaven. The Japanese girl let her thin fingers glide over old and new, enjoying the sensation of button pressing. A glowing old game stood alone in the corner, inviting her to play it. She had only played it once before with her old friends, but those many hours spent fighting enemies and jumping across gaps were some of her fondest memories. "Mega Man 2," she whispered and approached the machine.

Hours later she found herself in front of the infamous Quick Man's boss room. Kyou paused outside the door and stretched before jumping right in to fight one of the most annoying bosses in the game.
Back to top Go down
Fish

Fish

Beata Bucks : 10088

PostSubject: Re: NES Games Make Enemies [CLOSED]   NES Games Make Enemies [CLOSED] EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 11:57 am

The day's heat didn't bother Noah. In fact, at the speed he was going, it was almost a little chilly. Grass, buildings and asphalt went by in a blurry mixture of greys, greens and reds. Despite the airport being six hour away away from his destination, it had only taken the ginger approximately two hours (if he was being honest, two hours and a bit) to near the final stretch of roads until arrival. A little ways ahead, Noah spotted a group of men atop their motorcycles, and reduced his running speed enough to match their rather.. Sluggish pace.

"Hey, fellas." He offered them a small wave of greeting.

The two men closest to Noah nearly jumped out of their seats in alarm, causing their bikes to wobble around unsteadily.

"Those are some sweet rides," he observed, a smirk crossing his lips, "but they're a little slow for my taste!" And with that, he took off ahead of them, leaving them gaping in shock. God, I love doing that.

In no time, Noah arrived at Rosebury. It wasn't exactly where he was supposed to be, but he figured he'd make a pit-stop before his ultimate destination. Noah veered off to the right, slowing down a little, and came to a skidding halt in a parking lot. As he slid forward, Noah could feel the bottoms of his shoes wearing down underneath him. When he came to a complete stop, he bent over for a moment to catch his breath. A slight dizzying sensation came over him, and he shook his head to try and rid himself of it. "Maybe I pushed it.. Just a little.." he huffed to himself.

Lifting one shoe up, Noah sighed. He'd worn the bottoms paper-thin. Looks like I'll be needing a new pair of shoes again.

Ten minutes went by, and Noah discovered a shoe store. He purchased a brand-new, shining pair of runners, and then proceeded to wander around the town. It was quaint and peaceful, from what he'd seen so far. He didn't like it.

As his boredom seemed to brim over, Noah stumbled upon "The Game Lounge". His eyes lit up. Finally, something interesting had turned up! He eagerly pushed through the glass doorway and was relieved to find that it was air-conditioned. People were sitting all around, playing strategy games on the tables, engaged in furious LAN sessions, and sitting by themselves, enjoying solo adventures. As he perused the many different activities going on, he spotted a girl sitting by herself before a moderately large television, absorbed into Mega Man II. Curious, he wandered closer, and as he approached her, he saw that she was battling the nefarious Quick Man.

Without thinking, Noah blurted out, "You do know Metal Blades don't do any damage to him, right?"

Last edited by Fish on Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Icee

Icee

PostSubject: Re: NES Games Make Enemies [CLOSED]   NES Games Make Enemies [CLOSED] EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 12:17 pm

Kyou's attention was drawn from the battle and to a tall boy staring over her shoulder. In the moment she took to acknowledge the red-head, Quick Man had already attacked and killed Mega Man. The familiar death sound erupted from the television. The brunette whipped her head around fast enough to watch the little blue dots flutter off the screen. She threw the controller onto the ground in anger. "That was my last life!" she exclaimed.

Turning to the stranger with narrowed brown eyes, she stood and crossed her arms, glaring up at him. "Excuse me for not beating Flash Man's stage first. I wanted to save the best for last," she growled, her frustration clear in her voice.
Back to top Go down
Fish

Fish

PostSubject: Re: NES Games Make Enemies [CLOSED]   NES Games Make Enemies [CLOSED] EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 1:57 pm

Noah sniffed, clearly amused that the girl had failed at the hands of his favourite Robot Master. She stood up and whiled around to face him, eyes burning with frustration. She barked a comment at Noah and he laughed, voice lined with contempt.  

"Flash Man? The best for last? He's such a push-over. You could defeat him in seconds with nothing but the Mega Buster." Noah crossed his arms over his chest. "Besides, the Time Stopper just makes the battle too easy. If you had played this game before, you'd know that Quick Man is weak to the Crash Bomb and a charged Atomic Fire blast." He turned around on his heel and made for a vacant television with an N64 hooked up to it.

"Have fun doing that level all over again," he called over his shoulder, the slightest of grins touching his features.
Back to top Go down
Icee

Icee

PostSubject: Re: NES Games Make Enemies [CLOSED]   NES Games Make Enemies [CLOSED] EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 2:47 pm

"Obviously you know everything there is to know about Mega Man," she said rhetorically. Who was this guy, prancing around and ruining games, acting like a know-it-all and then refusing to apologize. She glowered at him as he turned away, taking a chair in front of the N64 and starting his game. She couldn't make out the game's name, but watched as he flew around in a ship, shooting and barrel rolling his way across the map. Angered by his insensitivity, she closed her eyes and concentrated on her thoughts. An image appeared in her mind, one of the Game Lounge frozen in time. And when she opened her eyes, it was. She walked up to the system and calmly flicked the off switch.

"How does it feel?" she giggled, poking his frozen face. She walked around so she was behind him and returned time to it's original pace. She let out a huff and wiped some sweat off of her forehead. Freezing time, even for a minute, always took her breath away.
Back to top Go down
Fish

Fish

PostSubject: Re: NES Games Make Enemies [CLOSED]   NES Games Make Enemies [CLOSED] EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 5:50 pm

One minute Noah had been soaring through the Lylat System, dodging enemies and trying to protect Slippy, and the next, the N64 spontaneously lost power. Noah blinked, bewildered, at the black screen before him.

"What the hell?" He growled, shooting upwards. Noah swivelled around and came face-to-face with Kyou once more. She was smirking up at him, looking quite satisfied with herself. “Oh-ho-ho, I see. You’re salty because you died and I pointed out your errors, and now you’re trying to ruin my fun,” he chuckled, rife with satire. He raised his hands in mock surrender. “Sorry, but it it isn’t exactly my fault that you suck at Mega Man.”

With that, Noah sat back down in his designated bean bag and flicked the N64 back on to resume playing Star Fox.
Back to top Go down
Icee

Icee

PostSubject: Re: NES Games Make Enemies [CLOSED]   NES Games Make Enemies [CLOSED] EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 10:43 am

This time around Kyou didn't even bother messing with the space-time continuum. She strolled right up to the console and turned it off, pulling her hands up to rest on her hip. "I don't think I said we're finished here, buddy," the girl scolded, her brown eyes burning with irritation.

"I doubt you've ever heard of common courtesy, judging by your lack of consideration for newer players," the brown-haired teen stated, her voice filled with malice. "Not everyone can sit around all day memorizing the level like you apparently have," she added. Obviously this boy had too much time on his hands. Not that Kyou didn't. But the Japanese girl would rather spend her time working, exercising, or chatting with her friends, not messing around on Mega Man.
Back to top Go down
Fish

Fish

PostSubject: Re: NES Games Make Enemies [CLOSED]   NES Games Make Enemies [CLOSED] EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 12:04 pm

Yet again, the screen flickered to black, but this time, it was before Noah could even get past the title screen. He rose to his feet once more and stepped right up to the impudent Japanese girl, nose-to-nose. Now she was really starting to get on his nerves.

"I don't know about you, but.." He waved one hand in front of his face, as if to waft a stench away from him. "I can smell hypocrisy." Noah narrowed his eyes, locking their gazes. "I'm not responsible for your failure, you little twit. You are. You're complaining about my lack of common courtesy, and here you are, switching my system off repeatedly because you're blaming your stupidity on me."

Noah turned towards the juice bar, nearer to the front of the store. "Excuse me?" He called to one of the lounge's employees, "This N64 doesn't seem to be turning on. Could you come have a look at it?"

The woman raised an eyebrow and began approaching. As she walked, the sides of Noah's lips tugged upwards in a grin. Now it was his turn to exact revenge.

Noah sprang forward and ran as fast as he could to the juice bar. He leapt into the booth and tore open the cash register, and with one hand, snatched up as many bills out of it as he could. Before the employee had even reached the N64, Noah sprinted back, placed the money in Kyou's handbag (even if she doesn't have one, just pretend she did all along aklkdajhsd) and was back to the very spot he'd been a split second ago. Neither Kyo or the employee had even noticed Noah had been gone.

The employee switched the N64 back on and then turned to face Noah, frowning. "It.. Seems to be working fine."

Noah shrugged. "Oh.. Well, it wasn't working a second ago. Getting old, I guess."

"Just let me know if it has that problem again," the employee said, beginning to make her way back to the till.

Any second now..

"Hey! Someone's been into the cash register!" the woman shouted, seething with rage. "There's two hundred dollars missing from it!"

Heads perked up at the sounds of her anger. Noah slit his eyes and pretended to look around for the culprit, and then he glanced down at Kyou's handbag. His eyes widened in false surprise. "She took it! Look! She has loads of money in her purse!"
Back to top Go down
Icee

Icee

PostSubject: Re: NES Games Make Enemies [CLOSED]   NES Games Make Enemies [CLOSED] EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 1:39 pm

Kyou froze in horror as Noah exclaimed. She stared down at her handbag, it suddenly being stuffed with cash. "H-how.." she muttered, her expression filled with terror. She swore she caught a glimpse of a smirk on the boy's face for a split second before it was replaced with the same fake, terrified expression.

And suddenly, it clicked.

This boy had abilities too. He could have been a time traveler like herself, or a teleporter, or who knows what else, but it didn't matter to the 15 year old. He wasn't the only one who could play a trick. She once again slowed time down to freezing point, a smiled at Noah gingerly. She grabbed some of the cash and shoving it into his pockets. Making sure it was visable, she returned to her spot and clicked the off switch on her abilities. Anger clouded her face.

"Don't act innocent! You helped me!" she spat, pointing at the cash spilling out of his pants. She quickly dumped the remaining cash out of her handbag and stared him down. "Go on, take it. It was your idea anyways," the brunette said aggressively.
Back to top Go down
Fish

Fish

PostSubject: Re: NES Games Make Enemies [CLOSED]   NES Games Make Enemies [CLOSED] EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 2:14 pm

Noah looked down, reached into his pocket and pulled out a wad of money. His eyes stretched wide, incredulous and full of fury. "What the--" His eyes snapped to Kyou and his frown deepened. This little shit was more than she seemed. Perhaps she could teleport, or perhaps she was a speedster, as well.. Noah didn't really care, though. She'd turned his own plot against him, and he would not stand for it. No one tricked the trickster and got away with it.

"You planted that on me!" he spat, thrusting his index finger into her face. He whirled around to face the management woman. "She planted that on me! Did you see my go up to the cash register and take anything? No, because I didn't take your damn money! I just got here!" He shoved his hand into his pocket, gathered up all the money and let it flutter down onto the floor. "Here, take back the money that I didn't steal." He focused his attention back on Kyou and glowered down at her. "Now I don't know what kind of game you're playing, but I--"

"ENOUGH!" screeched the woman at the till. She marched right up to Kyou and Noah and hooked her fingers around the back of their shirts. "Either you two freaks leave this instant, or I call the authorities!" She dragged them to the entrance, threw the doors open and--quite literally--tossed them onto the side-walk. "I never want to see your faces in here again!" And with that, she slammed the doors shut and stomped away.

Noah, who had fallen backwards and hit his head on the pavement, sat up and held his head, which was spinning. People nearby were staring at the duo in bewilderment.

"Look what you did!" he hissed at Kyou, grimacing at the pain. "If you knew how to act maturely when you die in a video game, we wouldn't have been kicked out!"
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

Beata Bucks : 9373

PostSubject: Re: NES Games Make Enemies [CLOSED]   NES Games Make Enemies [CLOSED] EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 2:56 pm

Magic heard the two shouting from a mile away.. well he could because of his hearing. The two sounded around the age of students so the winter prefect decided it would be a good idea to see what was going on, and maybe try to stop it.. after all it was kind of his job.

As he walked up the path he saw the two people that were responsible for all of the yelling. He used his sound to boost his speed a little so he could get to the two faster so that way they didn't go into a fight. "Woah calm down you two.." He said to them. "There is no need to fight."
Back to top Go down
Icee

Icee

PostSubject: Re: NES Games Make Enemies [CLOSED]   NES Games Make Enemies [CLOSED] EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 3:57 pm

Obviously he could dish it, but not take it. That or his sense of humour disappeared within seconds. "Did you see me steal money from the till?" she growled back, slapping away his finger. She was about ready to sucker punch this red-headed boy right in the gut when the worker screamed from behind the counter. Kyou froze in spot, her brown eyes filled with shame and guilt. Feeling a strong tug on her shirt collar, she reluctantly tripped her way along with Noah to the entrance. The brunette fell unceremoniously to the ground, landing hard on her hip. Rubbing her side, the initiate coughed and stood, staring at the closing door with longing. "I just wanted to pla-" the slam of the doors cut the girl off before she could finish. Her eyes narrowed and she whipped around, glaring at Noah with distaste.

"If you had any respect for anyone, none of this would have happened!" the teen retorted, crossing her arms. A young boy approached to the arguing pair, his calm tone a sudden change of pace. She turned and stared directly at the newcomer. To her surprise, she recognized the black-haired boy. If she remembered correctly, he was a Winter Prefect. Kyou took a step away from Noah, her arms uncrossing as she shifted her gaze from boy to boy. She let out a small sigh and hung her head slightly.

"Magic, right?" she remarked, trying to lower her voice and rid her tone of any anger. It wasn't like her to act aggressively. At least to those she thought deserved her best attitude. Not this troublemaker in front of her.
Back to top Go down
Fish

Fish

PostSubject: Re: NES Games Make Enemies [CLOSED]   NES Games Make Enemies [CLOSED] EmptySat Sep 12, 2015 6:55 pm

Noah, who was now 65% sure he'd received a concussion from the impact, looked up and spotted a raven-haired young man standing before him. He observed Kyou and Noah with one eyebrow arched upwards.

Kyou was the one to address the stranger, revealing his name to be Magic. Magic..? Strange name.

Noah stood and patted the dust off of his shirt. How did this guy know about their argument? Noah hadn’t seen him in the lounge.. Is this whole town full of superpowered people.. ? “Hey, I didn’t want any trouble. I was just making a pit-stop before heading off to the academy a little walk away from here. You can thank Ms. I Get Offended Too Easily over here for all the commotion.” He jabbed a thumb in Kyou’s general direction. Pulling out the brochure that displayed the academy’s directions on it, Noah crossed the street and began strolling down the sidewalk. Hopefully that’s the last time I’ll ever see that cheeky little shit of a girl again.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

Beata Bucks : 9373

PostSubject: Re: NES Games Make Enemies [CLOSED]   NES Games Make Enemies [CLOSED] EmptySun Sep 13, 2015 11:28 am

Magic turned and looked at the boy who was a bit ways down the street. He wasn't quite finished with either of them yet. Magic gave off a sigh. The boy used a bit of sound to carry himself down to Noah in a short amount of time. "I wasn't done with either of you yet, and seeing how you are heading to the academy, you are my responsibility. And I know that this wasn't all of her fault." He said to the boy. Either of them could have stopped, but they didn't and it resulted with both of them getting kicked out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NES Games Make Enemies [CLOSED]   NES Games Make Enemies [CLOSED] Empty

Back to top Go down

NES Games Make Enemies [CLOSED]
Page 1 of 1