Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

First Impressions

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rainy

Rainy

Beata Bucks : 11274

First Impressions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Impressions   First Impressions - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 1:39 pm

Evelyn smiled back when Gage smiled at her. It comforted her a little, and she was glad he had offered to give her a small tour. She liked the sound of the setup for dorms; it made it so that she could have privacy, but also interact with other students in her house.

She noticed Gage glance at his watch, and it suddenly occurred to her that he had somewhere else to be, and she was taking up a lot of his time.
"Is there someone you need to be?" she asked politely. "I still have to visit the offices, and we could always meet up later. If you wanted to, I mean," she added hastily, her cheeks heating a little.
Back to top Go down
Bloop

Bloop

Beata Bucks : 9067

PostSubject: Re: First Impressions   First Impressions - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 3:17 pm

"Why do you say that? Trying to get rid of me, huh? That's cold Eve." He said in a jokingly manner. "But no, I don't have anywhere to be right now." That wasn't true. There was about 24 minutes left til the next class. Gage didn't mind being late. He was never one for being early. Especially when it came to classes.

He was a bit shocked when she said they could always meet up later. Not many people were that open to him. Probably because he typically wasn't as friendly to most people. Evelyn was lucky to catch him on a good day. He would have just bumped into her and walked away, but today was different. "how about this, once you take care of business in the office, I'll walk you to where the dorms are.. I just remembered class starts back up in a bit but I can at least take you there." He looked down at the floor. He was having trouble saying this next part. He felt his face get warm and knew immediately why. "And maybe...if you don't mind.. I can show you the rest of the campus later....If that's okay with you." why was he having trouble saying that? All he could think of was how stupid he must have looked and sounded.
Back to top Go down
Rainy

Rainy

PostSubject: Re: First Impressions   First Impressions - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 4:41 pm

"Oh, no, that's not what I meant at all!" Evelyn said, laughing nervously. She was caught off guard by his offer to take her all the way to the dorms, despite having class soon. When he offered to finish the tour later, she felt her own cheeks redden, if only because his had taken on a slight blush first.

"Sure!" Evelyn agreed brightly. She started to turn, but paused, motioning for him to wait. "I'm going to go get my information really fast, it shouldn't take very long." With a wave, she turned away and walked towards the offices.

She could feel her mood improving significantly. As she waited for the secretary there to collect the papers, she felt that she could easily be an optimist about this whole school, even though she was still terrified of where it would be going. Plus, she was sure that she had already made a friend, and that was one of the best things about being away from home, was meeting new people. Evelyn left the offices again, papers in hand, and walked quickly back to Gage, worried that she had kept him waiting too long.

"Alright, we should go so you're not late," she said, leafing through the papers. She looked at the dorm room assignment number on the third paper she held, which listed all the dorm rules.
Back to top Go down
Bloop

Bloop

PostSubject: Re: First Impressions   First Impressions - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 6:37 pm

Gage nodded at her response. A feeling if relief that she didn't say no. "Okay. I'll be right here." He said with a smile on his face and waved back at her. Watching as she entered the office, he let out a yawn and sat down on one of the benches near the building.

Gage watched the other students walking by, it still amazed him how each one of these students all possessed a gift. How is this place not burned down or anything? Not one of these students were destructive? From the outside it probably seemed like a normal school. He began to wonder what Evelyn's gift was. Was it powerful like his? Or was it something opposite of that? Questions began filling his head about this academy and it's occupants.

Few minutes past by, Still sitting on the bench, Gage watched as the office door had opened and Evelyn had stepped out. He got up from the bench to meet up with her. "Well let's get going shall we?" he said turning his body to the direction of where they would be going. Motioning her to follow.

After about two minutes of walking, they arrived at the entrance of the courtyard. A nice scenic area that was filled with flowers and a water fountain in the center of it. "This is the courtyard. I thought we would take a shortcut through here. Pretty Nice, isn't it?" He said toward the girl as he walked onto the brick path of the courtyard. The courtyard had some students hanging out within it.
Back to top Go down
Rainy

Rainy

PostSubject: Re: First Impressions   First Impressions - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 9:59 pm

Though they walked primarily in silence, Evelyn didn't mind; there was so much for her to take in, all her senses were going crazy, she didn't have much to say anyway. They reached a courtyard with a fountain and plenty of flowers. She gazed around at them, taking in all the colors.
"It's very nice," she agreed. "I'll have to come back later."

It reminded Evelyn of a spot in a park that was near her home. She loved the flowers and the smells and the sounds that filled the air. This would be a comforting place to visit often.
Back to top Go down
Bloop

Bloop

PostSubject: Re: First Impressions   First Impressions - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 10:53 pm

He watched in silence as Evelyn was admiring the courtyard scenery. "I thought you might like this place." He said happily. Gage liked it to but not for the view. It was filled with a bunch of plants and trees. Those were two of the many natural things that help fuel his power. Just by walking into the courtyard he can sense all the natural energy flowing in the wind. He stopped midway through the courtyard, a grin slowing coming across his face. Staring at Evelyn, "You want to see something neat?" No matter what the answer he was going to do it anyway. He held out his hands in front of him. Palms facing up. Gage took a deep breathe  and slowly exhaled. He focused his eyes on his hands; a blue light started emitting from the center of them. The light started to condense itself into a small orb. Slowly, the orb started to grow in size and began shaping into an oval-like shape. After a few seconds it stopped growing. It was about the length of a water bottle and the width of 3/4 of that same bottle: a decent size. He focused on it more, taking one more breathe before exhaling. Two flaps had opened itself up from oval and a bird like head appeared at the top. He had done it. He created a dove-like construct made entirely of energy.

"Pretty neat, right?" The Dove began flapping its wings and then flew out of his hands and into the sky above them. He watched as it circled the courtyard.
Back to top Go down
Rainy

Rainy

PostSubject: Re: First Impressions   First Impressions - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 11:43 pm

Evelyn tore her gaze from the flowers and fountain a bit reluctantly, unsure of what exactly it was Gage wanted to show her. As she watched, her blue eyes widened, seemingly reflecting what he was creating in his hands. She was surprised to see somebody else's power. Here was irrefutable proof that other people had powers just like her, and they were all living in this school together. The dove flew away, and Evelyn suddenly felt a pressure to tell Gage about what her power was.

"What was that made of?" she asked him, hoping to distract from what seemed to be a loudly unspoken question hanging between the two of them.

Last edited by Rain on Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bloop

Bloop

PostSubject: Re: First Impressions   First Impressions - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 12:01 am

The dove slowly dissolved in the bright blue sky. Gage looked back at Evelyn. "Energy from the plants and trees. Natural Energy to be more specific. That's my gift. I harness the energy from nature and use it to my own will." He replied back to her question. She was the first person he showed his power to. With that, he wanted to ask the obvious question. "So what's your gift Evelyn?" He asked her with a curious tone. His head filling up with possible ideas of what it could be.
Back to top Go down
Rainy

Rainy

PostSubject: Re: First Impressions   First Impressions - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 1:41 pm

They had arrived at what Evelyn had no desire to discuss. She cleared her throat, looking around at the flowers and the fountain again, but no longer noticing the beauty in them. She was always scared of telling others about her powers, primarily because of her friends at home who never fully accepted it was true. Taking a deep breath, she told Gage, "I can turn invisible. I'm not good at controlling it right now. It happens accidentally sometimes. It's usually just my hands or feet." She glanced at her hands now, expecting them to disappear like she had said, but they stayed perfectly visible.
Back to top Go down
Bloop

Bloop

PostSubject: Re: First Impressions   First Impressions - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 3:16 pm

"Really? That's cool. They have classes here that help you specifically with your gift. Sooner or later you'll be able to do it whenever you feel like it." He said In an upbeat tone. His eyes drifted toward her hands. A bit confused as to why she held them out. Gage let out a small chuckled and then looked back at the path. "The dorms are just over there." Pointing in front of him, the end of the courtyard was near. He began walking slowly toward it. "Let's go."

Once they were already out of the courtyard, they reached four buildings. The main dorms. Two of the dorms on the left, two on the right, all facing inward. "Well here are the seasonal dorms. On the right, closest to us is the Winter dorm. The spring dorm just right next to it in the back." He held his right hand up as if he was announcing someone. "and to the left, we have the Summer and Autumn dorms." Bringing his right hand down and raising his left to the dorms.
Back to top Go down
Rainy

Rainy

PostSubject: Re: First Impressions   First Impressions - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 3:35 pm

"Oh, thank goodness," Evelyn breathed. She wanted to be able to control it instead of having to deal with it happening at random intervals. She was glad the school helped them with it.

Quietly, she followed Gage to the dorms, and smiled when she saw them.
"Is there a dorm for the, uh, initiates?" she asked, pausing to remember the name of those who were unSorted. Evelyn was looking forward to moving into a proper dorm instead of a temporary one, but for now, she was glad to have a place to stay.
Back to top Go down
Bloop

Bloop

PostSubject: Re: First Impressions   First Impressions - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 3:53 pm

He paused for a second, oh yeah, she needed the initiates' dorm. "it's just right around the corner of the spring dorm." Motioning for Evelyn to follow him, he began walking down the walkway. Passing by each of the four dorms. Slowly rounding the corner of the spring dorm. "That reminds me, you didn't bring any luggage. Were you going to have them sent to you some other day?" it was odd to him. Usually new students had brought some type of luggage with them. Some change of clothes or other necessities they may need to bring.
Back to top Go down
Rainy

Rainy

PostSubject: Re: First Impressions   First Impressions - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 6:11 pm

"Oh, I just realized I left my suitcase at the gate!" A flash of panic coursed through Evelyn. She hadn't even thought about her belongings due to meeting Gage and trying to cover up her hands. SHe had already started to run off before she remembered Gage was still standing there. She stopped, several feet from him, sort of skipping backwards while she called to him.

"Thank you for showing me around! I'll see you later, alright? Get to class!" With a smile and a wave, she turned around and ran back the way they had come.

ooc: thank you for RPing with me! we'll have to do another topic some time! c:
Back to top Go down
Bloop

Bloop

PostSubject: Re: First Impressions   First Impressions - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 7:00 pm

"Are you serious?" How do you forget something like that? He watched Evelyn as panic ran throughout her entire body. It's not like anyone would actually steal her luggage, right? Staring blankly at Evelyn as she darted toward the main entrance. "Um sure...no problem" his voice trailed. She most likely didn't hear it.

"I guess I should be on my way to class." Looking back down at his watch. "Damn.... Oh Well." He threw his arms behind his head and began walking toward the classrooms.

ooc: No problem. Thank you as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Impressions   First Impressions - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

First Impressions
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2