Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

News and Nicknames [Closed]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Badger
The Almighty Badger Goddess
Badger

Beata Bucks : 11268

News and Nicknames [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: News and Nicknames [Closed]   News and Nicknames [Closed] EmptySun Sep 13, 2015 2:42 pm

Inari had no idea how to feel. Her fingers mindlessly tapped on the arm of the couch as she sat there, her legs half-tucked under her body. Her tail was curled around the side, the tip of it twitching every once in a while but remaining rather still as the remote to the television rested on it. As for the television itself, it was on but it was more of a background noise for her - the sound being turned almost all the way down as a random cartoon played on the screen. Her eyes instead stared off into space, her fox ears somewhat flicking at the sound as her face twisted with different emotions as she tried to figure out which one she really felt. Perhaps asking herself how she really felt wasn't the best question...Maybe the right one was how her half-sister had manged to get expelled from Beata. The moments leading up to getting that sudden news - like everything else in her life - was crystal clear in her memory. So she kept replaying it over and over, still trying to figure out how she felt about the news.

She loved her half-sister, she really did but though her whole life it always seemed her sister never felt the same way about her. Every horrible, harsh word that was spat in her direction was easy enough to recall. She doubt Rajia never knew - or cared - how much those words affected her even thought she would act like they never happened or hurt her. But it did, it always hurt and truth be told, Inari partly believed she was completely right. She was annoying at times with how excitable she could be. The way she knew everything she ever learned could prove to light in her a know-it-all fashion and...Inari found herself almost relieved that her sister had been expelled somehow. But still, she had always hoped to one day stand up to her half-sister's mean ways but it seemed that day would never happen. But at least she could finally escape those mean-spirited words that were spat her way whenever they were together.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

Beata Bucks : 9418

PostSubject: Re: News and Nicknames [Closed]   News and Nicknames [Closed] EmptySun Sep 13, 2015 3:00 pm

Magic was kind of strolling down the hallway on the way back to his dorm. It was late into the night some time around 10:30 or so. Most students were already in there dorms by now so they didn't get caught out when it reached 11. The winter prefect was doing something when he realized how late it was. Even though he was the prefect he still didn't want to be caught out too late. Actually he didn't really care that much. The closer her walked to the lounge door the louder a noise from inside of it got. He assumed another student had left the tv on, but it was too quiet for someone to leave it on.. Someone must have been in there...

Magic approached the door silently, and then opened it, and saw a girl sitting inside, quietly. She seemed to be lost in thought. The tv was no more than background noise for her. The boy walked inside letting the door close behind him. "Hey." Maybe she didn't know how late it was.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: News and Nicknames [Closed]   News and Nicknames [Closed] EmptySun Sep 13, 2015 3:18 pm

Inari flinched slightly when the door closed and a voice shook her from her thoughts. Her fox ears perked up as she glanced over her shoulders, her golden eyes holding a slightly confused look in them until they landed on Magic. She easily knew who he was, second-place winner of the Summer tournament, prefect of the Winter house. But why was he here? She titled her head slightly as she turned her body so she wasn't glancing over her shoulder but more or less facing him, before raising a hand in a small wave. "Hello," she said, giving him a soft smile.

However, something else popped into her head and that small smile faded. It was late, wasn't it? Well, she knew it was but how long she had been in here was lost to her. She spared a glance at the TV, hoping to see if she was on the same episode of the cartoon she was on when she got lost in her thoughts, but she had no clue what was going on. So she decided to do the reasonable thing and glanced at a grandfather clock that rested off to the side. It was hard making out the time, but she could tell that it was not past eleven, causing her to let out a sigh of relief before she turned her gaze back to Magic. "Ah...Sorry, I thought I was going to get in trouble - I totally lost track of time there."
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: News and Nicknames [Closed]   News and Nicknames [Closed] EmptySun Sep 13, 2015 4:10 pm

Magic shook his head. "No, no. Your fine. I just figured most of the others were in their dorms by now, so it kind of surprised me to hear the tv on. And I'm not really one to get others into trouble. If anything I'm probably the one you want to find if you are in trouble." He said with a slight chuckle. Magic was supposed to be one to enforce rules yet all of his life he broke them. He would probably help others do the same unless it risked the life of another student or something.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: News and Nicknames [Closed]   News and Nicknames [Closed] EmptySun Sep 13, 2015 4:23 pm

She spared a glance at the TV when he mentioned that he was surprised to hear it on. She gave him a soft shrug as she reached down toward the remote and picked it up, making no move to turn off the TV however. "Oh, yeah, that. I just had turned it on as like...Background noise. Sorry if that bothered you," she said, before blinking as she glanced at him. "Cause of your gift, sound manipulation," she stated, thinking it would be better to explain why she thought the low sound would bother him. "I mean, I am well aware of who you are. Isn't hard to know that when the person is the second-place winner of the summer tournament and Winter prefect and having a photographic memory doesn't hurt..." she drifted off, softly cursing at herself for rambling on. Rajia would of already snapped at her for doing that. She thought about apologizing, but found herself saying nothing more. She just kinda stared at Magic to see how he would react. She did have something she wanted to ask him, but thought it would be better to wait for a moment.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: News and Nicknames [Closed]   News and Nicknames [Closed] EmptySun Sep 13, 2015 5:03 pm

"Yep that's me. Magic the second place winner in the tournament, and the winter prefect who broke rules a lot before in his life. Kind of funny to think about." Magic said keeping a small friendly smile, and tone. He didn't know exactly we she explained the tv situation but he didn't mind. " Don't worry. I wouldn't have heard it if I wasn't in the hallway, so there isn't much to worry about there." Something in her voice made her sound a bit worried.. like something else was going to happen, but he couldn't quite tell what that was.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: News and Nicknames [Closed]   News and Nicknames [Closed] EmptySun Sep 13, 2015 5:10 pm

Inari just kind of nodded as he went on, a bit relieved that it wasn't bothering him. Perhaps it was silly for her to even be worry about it, but she just wanted to make sure. But now she was left without an idea of what to say, other than her question but it seemed like a silly and maybe personal question. But, what else was she doing to do so she cleared her throat in a nervous manner as she looked at the older student. "Say...Magic isn't your real name is it? I mean, I think its rather clear its a nickname but...Why do you go by that and not your real name?"
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: News and Nicknames [Closed]   News and Nicknames [Closed] EmptySun Sep 13, 2015 6:04 pm

Magic stiffened a bit. Someone had finally asked.. Most people passed it off.. but here someone finally asked. "Uhmmm..." He didn't exactly know how to answer this without putting more questions into her head. "Ah.. Well... you see.. umm.. My real name kind of links.. to a uh.. bad past.. of mine.." That was really the only way he could explain it. "I just prefer.. to go by Magic.." His smile from before faded.. No one asked, and no one had to explain.. But now she had asked, and he had to explain.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: News and Nicknames [Closed]   News and Nicknames [Closed] EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 4:02 am

Her fox ears fell back on her head when she saw Magic stiffen at that question - not meaning to startle him. And sadly, the way he did put it put questions into her head anyways. She suddenly wanted to ask all about the bad past, but she knew better to do so and held her tongue as her tail flickered at her side. She wanted to go all on about how she didn't see how - to the students of Beata at least - that going by his real name would link to to his 'bad past' that nobody knew about unless he told them of it. But...She couldn't say much about if he just simply preferred to go by it. Really, maybe he should of just said that and she wouldn't have so many questions. "I see," she simply said after a few moments of silence, being unsure of what to say otherwise. "I've always liked the idea of having a nickname." That part was true. A lot of people seemed to always have a nickname, but she could never think of one that truly fit. People would always go with shorter versions of their names, things that went with their name or...Other stuff, but her name was rather short as it was and there wasn't a whole lot that went nicely with Inari. She shifted where she sat, before clearing her throat slightly. "Say, how did you even get your nickname? I-I mean you don't have to tell me if you don't want, I am just curious."
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: News and Nicknames [Closed]   News and Nicknames [Closed] EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 12:47 pm

Yeah he didn't think of that.. Magic isn't exactly the smartest when it comes to communicating with people. He wasn't really a people person.. though he tried to be really kind to people despite that. Having a nickname was nice, it made you name sound less formal, or it replaced their first name if to many people shared the first name, or it covered up a bad name. "Oh that. I don't mind telling. A really good friend of mine gave me the nickname after I helped him." He said, he hated the event that caused it but he was thankful for the nickname. "I kind of accidentally used my gift that time I helped him, and he thought I was magical.. hence the nickname Magic." He said a bit embarrassed at the thought, and rubbed the back of his head a little bit.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: News and Nicknames [Closed]   News and Nicknames [Closed] EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 6:19 pm

Inari's fox ears quickly perked up in excitement the moment Magic stated that he was willing to share how he got his nickname, squeezing the remote slightly in her joy that she ended up changing the channel to some late night news show - not that she noticed as it was still simply background noise to her. As he explained, she just nodded her head before she leaned over the edge of the couch as he finished, resting one arm on the backrest and the other one - the one holding the remote still - hung limply. A silly smile was on her face as she stared up at him. "That's cool! And kinda sweet I guess. I dunno what kind of nickname I would have if I had one..." she drifted off, trying to think of ones that would work. Really, not a whole lot came to mind other than one that really made no sense, but she loved it so.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: News and Nicknames [Closed]   News and Nicknames [Closed] EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 7:59 pm

Magic nodded rubbing the back of his head a little bit more before dropping his hand back to his side. "Anyone can have a nickname if they want one. Just have to ask people to call you that name instead, unless it just kind of happens automatically." Magic said. The winter moved, and sat down in a chair not really paying attention to the time. "Do you have any ideas for a nickname you would like to be called?"
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: News and Nicknames [Closed]   News and Nicknames [Closed] EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 5:54 am

Inari turned her head to follow the prefect as he sat down, her tail flicking as she thought about his words. While she loved her name, she always felt it held to much...Power, she guessed, with it being the name of a goddess as well. She had always wanted a simple nickname, so after a few moments to debate within her head, she gave Magic a soft nod. "I like the nickname of...Fly. Flying...Its a freedom, not being restrained by the ground or silly things like gravity." She giggled at that. "Ever since I came to Beata, I've felt a freedom similar to that - where I can be myself with my gift and not restrained by things like common sense. Our gifts simply don't make any sense how you look at them and that's why I love them. So why not have a nickname that makes little sense anyways?" She laid her head onto her arm that was draped on the edge of the couch back, one of her ears flicking as she mused over the name. "But yeah, I think if I had a nickname, it would totally be Fly."
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: News and Nicknames [Closed]   News and Nicknames [Closed] EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 6:09 pm

Magic nodded kind of understanding where she was coming from. Though he didn't quite know exactly.. There was only one place he could be himself and that was back in the ghetto of Chicago. Here he couldn't quite be himself though.. He had to hold back a lot... and act a lot friendlier.. Yeah.. Well oh well it's what he choose to do. "Well it's up to you if you want the nickname or not, just have to ask people to call you it. I mean I don't know you first name so I could call you Fly if you want." Mason said. He felt a little bad he couldn't share his first name with her, but he would rather not drag her into the drama that came with it.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: News and Nicknames [Closed]   News and Nicknames [Closed] EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 5:15 pm

Inari's ears perked when Magic spoke up before a soft giggle escaped her when he agreed to call her by that. "I suppose that is only fair, Mister Magic, seeing how I don't know your first name either!" She pushed herself up from where she was lying over the side, turning so she faced him better as her fox tail flickered at her side. "So...Prefect of the Winter house. How does it feel to be in such a spot of power? I don't think I would ever be good with a title like that...I would prefer reading books then trying to take charge."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News and Nicknames [Closed]   News and Nicknames [Closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

News and Nicknames [Closed]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next