Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Help Please!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ice
Ice Ice Baby
Ice

Beata Bucks : 9491

Help Please! Empty
PostSubject: Help Please!   Help Please! EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 1:07 pm

I have some ideas on powers for Renji but can't decide. Would ya'll mind taking a look at what I have and commenting what your thoughts are? Thanks!

Musical Empathy: The ability to gain various abilities based on the type of music one listens to or plays. Alternatively, the user can utilize high-tech instruments to achieve special effects.

Limitations:
~May be rendered powerless in the absence of music.
~Some may be unexpected effects from a variety of music.
~May require an instrument to use.

Music Combat: The user is able to infuse music with physical attacks, using musical sound waves to influence and disorient opponents and strengthen attacks.

Limitations:
~He would only be able to use his power with his saxophone?

Hypnotic Call: User is capable of emitting astonishingly beautiful and enchanting music is capable of summoning/luring anyone who hears it to come towards him. This is somewhat like a Siren but he has to use his saxophone instead of his voice.

Limitations:
~Target must hear the music to be affected.
~May require specific songs.

Lexiconcy: The ability to transform a written word into the actual object/thing.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

Beata Bucks : 10671

Help Please! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Please!   Help Please! EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 2:34 pm

Just my two cents here.

• Musical Empathy: I addressed this with you earlier on Skype. >< While you put in some limitations, you still haven't named what abilities he's able to use. For all we know, him playing a bit of music here and there can revive someone from the dead or give him fire powers or something. You should really put in what effects him using his saxophone or something does because it's too vague currently.
  • Musical Combat: This one's a little hard to work with since it's more on the fact of fusing sound waves with their combat, which quite frankly, is what Magic does. You'd have to run this by with Coon since the gifts are kind of similar. And that kind of sounds odd, using his gift with his saxophone. He's going to carry his saxophone around during combat? It'd work if he was more of a supportive character, but this gift literally requires him to be in the front lines. It wouldn't really work.
  • Hypnotic Call: Too similar to Siren Song and Hypnosis. You'd have to run this one by with Ebs since she owns the monopoly on these, especially with the Delangelo and Meyers families. It's not a bad gift, but it's really really similar to what's already taken.
  • Lexiconcy: Personally, I think this is the most creative one in the bunch. It's fun and kind of quirky to work with. Seeing as you want the gift to be music-oriented, you'd just have the notes that he plays solidify and surfing on an eighth note seems chill as feck. |D I'm biased, though. I just think this one's super entertaining. It's a lot more unique compared out of the ones you've listed imo. This shouldn't really be a problem if you don't want him to have an offensive gift and just thinking about it, a solidified note could be made of stone or marble or something. That could hurt a lot.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

Beata Bucks : 12433

Help Please! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Please!   Help Please! EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 2:44 pm

Ice wrote:
I have some ideas on powers for Renji but can't decide. Would ya'll mind taking a look at what I have and commenting what your thoughts are? Thanks!

Musical Empathy: The ability to gain various abilities based on the type of music one listens to or plays. Alternatively, the user can utilize high-tech instruments to achieve special effects.

Limitations:
~May be rendered powerless in the absence of music.
~Some may be unexpected effects from a variety of music.
~May require an instrument to use.

This is an ability unique to the Wright family (specifically Jason). You'd have to ask Ebs about sharing it, but I don't think she'd budge on this one.

Ice wrote:
Music Combat: The user is able to infuse music with physical attacks, using musical sound waves to influence and disorient opponents and strengthen attacks.

Limitations:
~He would only be able to use his power with his saxophone?

Could be interesting, but from the description you gave, I'm not exactly sure what this power lets you actually do. It's best to avoid ambiguity when it comes to your exact abilities. Also, slightly overlaps with the Wrights once again.

Ice wrote:
Hypnotic Call: User is capable of emitting astonishingly beautiful and enchanting music is capable of summoning/luring anyone who hears it to come towards him. This is somewhat like a Siren but he has to use his saxophone instead of his voice.

Limitations:
~Target must hear the music to be affected.
~May require specific songs.

Bill Clinton?

Ice wrote:
Lexiconcy: The ability to transform a written word into the actual object/thing.

Interesting... You'd need set limitations though, or some sort of drawback, otherwise it'd be too OP.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Help Please! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Please!   Help Please! Empty

Back to top Go down

Help Please!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Beata Academy :: Off-Topic :: Random Stuff-
Jump to: