Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Splotch's One-Shots

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

Beata Bucks : 10061

Splotch's One-Shots Empty
PostSubject: Splotch's One-Shots   Splotch's One-Shots EmptyMon May 23, 2016 9:53 pm

I would appreciate it if you guys did not post in this topic, and instead direct any comments about it in chat or PM me.

A silver light made it’s way past the drapes of the nursery. The walls were a baby blue, and section of wall paper covered the wall opposite of the window. Animals from the circus stood frozen in a mid dance. The fan overhead spun lazily on, it’s white blades were easily seen at the pace it was taking. A white rocking chair was in the far corner, adorned with a blue cushion to match the walls of the room. There was a simple white rug laid across the oak wood floors. A shelf hung not too far from the rocking chair. On it were stuffed animals, children books and a noise maker. Sounds of crickets filled the room, the noise maker showing a green glowing number of a ‘1’. Track one.  The ceiling was illuminated by a night light, which glowed passed the covering, and stars rose high across the room. In perfect sight of the child.

The baby lay in the crib across from the rocking chair. The wood painted white enclosed him from falling out. He wore a white onsie, the footies were shaped to look like rabbits, and on his torso, words spelled out; “Rad like dad!” He had blond hair that stuck up in all directions, it’s light color turned almost a platinum shade when the moonlight touched it.

The rabbit footies twitched.

A pair of round eyes opened, revealing soft blue eyes. They peered up at the ceiling, watching the light that was casted above. For the longest time he stared up at them. Eventually, he shifted his body, brows knitting together. The baby kicked his feet and let out a whine of frustration. A few moments later, a wail broke out.

It did not take long for the door to the room to open. A concerned looking man passed through the threshold to approach the crib. His figure blocked the starry light for a brief moment, before hovering over the child. A similar color of eyes looked down at the child below, they were kind and meant well.

The baby recognised the man, his father and his only parental figure he had. The wailing slowed to a stop, the only evidence of his crying was the occasional hiccup that wracked his body. Wishing for comfort, the baby raised his arms upward with his bottom lip quivering. In response, a loving smile was shown, and a pair of strong arms lifted him from the crib.  

”Can’t sleep, Shepard?” The father whispered, resting the year old against his chest. There was a coo of response, and he nuzzled against Leo’s chest. One hand gripped the grey shirt he wore, and the other was in his mouth, the thumb propped up in his mouth. The blue eyes were hidden behind eyelashes, basking in the comfort that his father had round him.

The bunnies continued to wiggle.

Leo shifted, sitting down on the white rocking chair. Slowly, he began rocking. It was as if he had done this a million times before. Shepard as well, the child looked up from his father’s chest and stared up at him expectantly. Waiting. Leo’s smile widened.
Leo couldn’t explain in words how he felt about his son. It was impossible even saying ‘To the moon and back.’ Was not enough. It was more than that. There was no end to it, it was pure love. It was, infinite. No matter what, the father knew he would love his son though the mistakes that he would make, and the paths that he would take. The older blond was certain that this was how his own father got past him making a mistake. If anything, the new grandfather was proud that his son took responsibility for his actions.

Leo couldn’t be more happier with himself when he did. So what if he didn’t get to sleep that much? Or a good majority of his time was spent taking care of Shepard? All of his stress was relieved when he heard Shepard laugh, or saw him smile.

A gentle kiss was laid on the child’s head. Keirsta did not know what she was missing taking care of this child. A hum filled Leo’s chest, creating noise for Shepard to hear. A smile crossed the child’s face, eyes turning upward. Chubby cheeks bunching up to the sides.

”Amazing grace! How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost but now am found
Was blind but now I see”

The father began, a lilt to his voice. As to be expected from an angel. Not that he sang that often.

”'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear
And grace my fears relieved
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed”

It was only recently that he began to sing as often as the past few months.

”Through many dangers, toils and snares
I have already come
'Tis grace hath brought me safe thus far
And grace will lead me home”

Leo only sung for Shepard, his voice being the lone reason the child could fall back asleep on restless nights such as this.

”How sweet the name of Jesus sounds
In a believer's ear
It soothes his sorrows, heals his wounds
And drives away his fear”

It is not often you hear an angel sing. Especially one as filled with love as one like this.

”Must Jesus bear the cross alone
And all the world go free?
No, there's a cross for ev'ryone
And there's a cross for me”

Pay attention, listen carefully. An intended concert for one, but if you listen, you can hear the love.  

Pure love.
Back to top Go down

Splotch's One-Shots
Page 1 of 1