Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Sauna, Anyone? (Open)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Night

Night

Beata Bucks : 10133

Sauna, Anyone? (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Sauna, Anyone? (Open)   Sauna, Anyone? (Open) EmptyThu Jan 12, 2017 6:45 pm

Why hadn't she tried this sooner?

Sydney sat at the end of the pool, feet dangling in the water. Despite being indoors, she still wore a pair of sunglasses, so as to protect her eyes from the downside to her power. She could manipulate light in whatever form it appeared. That included heat, which meant that she could increase the heat of an object by touching or simply staring at it hard enough. She knew how much heat the object had in the first place by, well, looking at it. She could see heat signatures, but it had somehow gotten stuck, and she was then sent to the academy to help her fix it.

The problem wasn't that she couldn't read, or perceive color, or even see through glass and water. It was that everyone glowed. Besides the fact that she often set things on fire by brushing against them with her bare skin, the brightness emitting from other people caused terrible headaches if she didn't wear some sort of eye protection. Sometimes, even while wearing her sunglasses, the heat-light would seep through, allowing her to watch their hearts beat, as well as other, even less pleasant functions happening down south. It made her sick. The brunette pushed herself off the side of the pool and into the water, leaving the glasses by the edge. She allowed herself to sink to the bottom and opened her eyes.

It was cool. The bland heat was soothing on the eyes, she couldn't even see above the surface. She stayed there for a while before coming up to breathe, treading water to stay afloat. Her flame blue eyes stared at the water, which began to slowly grow... brighter? 'Are you kidding me.' The pool was heating up due to her touch, and soon the water was hot enough to put a hot tub to shame. The room soon began to fill with steam. Would she get punished for accidentally turning the school pool into a sauna? Well, with how things were, she couldn't possibly set anything on fire now.

The sound of a door opening nearly made her jump straight out of the water. Instead of panicking, she scanned the steamy room, which acted the same to her as thick fog did to a color-sighted person, and picked out a softly glowing patch near where she heard the sound. "Who are you?" She called out, a tad sharper than she intended. "I can see you."
Back to top Go down
Crystal
Princess Cry Cry
Crystal

Beata Bucks : 8786

PostSubject: Re: Sauna, Anyone? (Open)   Sauna, Anyone? (Open) EmptyMon Jan 16, 2017 7:09 pm

She had a routine. Rosa would come to the pool three times a week at the same time. Thursdays, Tuesdays and Sundays was the ideal time to come since nobody was really there. Although the pool didn't really seem appealing to many of the students at the academy anyway. Rosa however always enjoyed swimming, before beata she was on a swimming team and man they were one of the best swim teams in the entire state. She's only been here for a few weeks and they still haven't placed her in a proper house, but Rosa didn't mind she was patient and she wasn't to excited to be living with some messy room-mates either.

The brunette had walked towards the pool doors tugging on the handle but noticed that it was a little warm... she thought it was a little strange but she ignored the feeling and walked in when she was greeted by a thick fog. It was steam, the pool was so hot it felt like a sauna but why was it so hot? Rosa heard water splashing around so she assumed it was some kid messing around or something but maybe not? She froze when she heard another person's voice trying to locate where it had came from. Before she could respond the person said another thing, Rosa was confused how could anyone see her through this steam she couldn't even see her own hand. "My names Rosa... what have you done to the pool???" She asked a little annoyed she couldn't get her swim in.
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

PostSubject: Re: Sauna, Anyone? (Open)   Sauna, Anyone? (Open) EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 7:59 pm

Sydney relaxed a bit at hearing the other student's voice. They were probably a girl, as far as she could hear. She receded to the other end of the pool in preparation for any powers they had to throw at her. She opened her mouth a few times, trying to find some way to explain why the pool was so hot, but couldn't find anything she could say. 'Why yes, if not for my human body, I would be classified as a very small star! How could you tell?' Her inner, self-targeting sarcasm was enough to almost make her smile. Of course, she couldn't laugh out loud like she wanted to, given that the other student was probably rather upset with her. Not to mention that they probably had a power that would make her ashamed how inexperienced she was with her own.

With the water's temperature now rising steadily around her, she had no choice but to move so that she didn't boil herself alive. "I am... hot," she said rather awkwardly. How would her brother explain this? Probably rather blunt, but in a sort of cheerful way. Jokingly. "I'm Sydney. At the moment, everything I touch or look at gets hot." That was awful! "Ahem. I burn everything I touch."
Back to top Go down
Crystal
Princess Cry Cry
Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sauna, Anyone? (Open)   Sauna, Anyone? (Open) EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 4:15 pm

Silence, did Rosa maybe spook her? In honesty it was the girl that spooked Rosa doing who knows what to the pool to make it like a sauna. She felt like she was going to overheat in here she turned her head to the sound of a splashing she wasn't sure what exactly was going on maybe she was leaving? Rosa felt her cheeks warming up, ahh man what she would do right now to get into a cold pool..

When Sydney spoke up again she was confused, "Okay?" She responded with a small chuckle not knowing why that had anything to do with it, what was with this chick? She clumsily had walked around and since she had no real sense of her surroundings she slipped on a puddle and crashed right into the pool. "FUCKING HOT!!!" She yelled slightly in pain and shock she tried to scramble out of the pool but no luck. She then decided to swim towards an edge but she hit her head into the pools wall. "HOLLY HELL THAT HURT."
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

PostSubject: Re: Sauna, Anyone? (Open)   Sauna, Anyone? (Open) EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 10:03 pm

What was going on? All she heard was an "Okay?" followed by a loud splash. Had the girl fallen in? It seemed so, the figure had grown a tad clearer. Was the water too hot? She couldn't panic, that would only make it worse. So she tried her best to calm down and to cool the water, even if it was only the slightest. Looking at the water's surface, she noticed that it was at the same brightness as the blood coursing through her own body, but it wasn't hurting her much at all. It was at least one hundred degrees, and yet there was no pain to be had.

What was she doing, wondering about herself? Rosa had fallen into jumbo-sized hot tub and was yelling, presumably in pain. What should she do? Remembering her sunglasses, she moved towards the opposite edge and put them on, proceeding then to climb out. On the ground was a towel she'd brought out to dry herself off, but it would serve well as a barrier between her hands and anything else she touched. Wrapping it around her hands, she rushed to where she thought the girl was. Was this her? She bent down and held out her towel-encased arms, trying to help her out of the pool. "Jeez... Shit, I'm sorry." The quick pulses of brightness coming off the other student was making her stomach turn, so she had to look away. Without her in the pool, the water appeared to grow dimmer, cooler. However, she could feel her internal temperature rising again. She'd have to find her gloves if she didn't want to harm anything any further.
Back to top Go down
Crystal
Princess Cry Cry
Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sauna, Anyone? (Open)   Sauna, Anyone? (Open) EmptySat Jan 21, 2017 9:45 pm

The water was really hot, like a hot tub so after a little while she began to enjoy the warmth of the water. Even though her head hurt after hitting it against the pool wall. She touched something it felt like a towel, Rosa quickly reached for it and pulled herself out. She laughed a little and dried herself off a little. "No worries" She said
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sauna, Anyone? (Open)   Sauna, Anyone? (Open) Empty

Back to top Go down

Sauna, Anyone? (Open)
Page 1 of 1