Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Old Friends [closed ebu/kitt]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

Beata Bucks : 9682

Old Friends [closed ebu/kitt] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Friends [closed ebu/kitt]   Old Friends [closed ebu/kitt] - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 02, 2017 10:11 pm

The young man shifted around in his seat. It was weird, freaky even, how fucking fast the mood between the two of them had fallen so damned fast. Maybe he was more rusty of a talker than he was willing to admit, or was he even trying? If he were being totally honest, he wasn't entirely sure why'd she'd grown to be so crest-fallen in the first place. "Now you're just putting words in my mouth," Preston mused, rapping his fingers across the table-top before shrugging and sliding back out of the seat, satisfied with what little coffee he'd had before. "Don't trip over yourself."
Back to top Go down
https://beataacademy.rpg-board.net
Kitty
Best Chat Pet
Kitty

Beata Bucks : 9315

PostSubject: Re: Old Friends [closed ebu/kitt]   Old Friends [closed ebu/kitt] - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 04, 2017 6:20 am

It wasn't so much as Preston being a rusty talker as much as Taimi's terrible social skills. Blushing innocently, she scratched the back of her head. "Ehehe... Sorry." Grabbing her jacket and throwing it over her shoulder, Taimi glanced towards him. "I forgot to ask... Anything crazy happen at Beata while I was away?"

//kittycantpickuponsocialcues,she'sworsethentaimi andshespostingatschoolsoi'msorry
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: Old Friends [closed ebu/kitt]   Old Friends [closed ebu/kitt] - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 06, 2017 2:13 pm

He held back a heavy sigh then, glancing around the cafe and looking at the others inside. Yeah, a lot of shit had been happening about it, but to talk it at a quiet place like that, when people were just trying to relax, didn't feel quite in the best taste to Preston. He shrugged and beckoned Taimi to follow, waiting until they were out on the streets before he started speaking again. "You missed the fun," the young man murmured, turning the words slowly over in his mouth. They felt like poison against his tongue. It hurt to think about. "The school were attacked by these crazy assholes, turned a few students insane and threw them at us..." How was he supposed to explain it when she'd been gone so long? "People died, and..."

The Autumn frowned, staring at his feet. He'd been one of the ones attacked directly by his own fucking roommate.

He was just lucky he managed to kill him first.
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Best Chat Pet
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Old Friends [closed ebu/kitt]   Old Friends [closed ebu/kitt] - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 12, 2017 3:48 pm

Preston's response raised immediate concern from the Summer student. His chilled, casual demeanor shifted to that of a more tense variety. Considering that was anything but the Autumnite, she hoped she hadn't said something bad. It didn't take much more for her to follow him out into the open air. As if an instinct she stretched out her arms, feeling the familiar pop relax her instantly.

Fun? Really now? ...Ah, that sounded more like it. Watching him somewhat struggle with the words, she hoped nothing bad had truly happened. All she could muster was a soft, "Oh," before taking a breath of her own. "I guess I did miss out on something big... At least you came out alive..." She tried to choose her words carefully, but there'd be no way to tiptoe around this bramble bush. Saying something like, "At least you're okay" would be a lie. There's no way someone could turn out completely okay after witnessing death of their peers, or anyone for that matter. But came out alive? Would that almost be worse? "I-I don't mean like... ugh... I give up." She struggled for words, grumbling to herself at how terribly her word choice seemed to be progressing. "I'm happy to see you again, I guess. I can't imagine... Hell, shouldn't you have also graduated already?" Her slight attempt at trying to change the topic. Did it work? Ah, probably not.
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: Old Friends [closed ebu/kitt]   Old Friends [closed ebu/kitt] - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 15, 2017 12:54 pm

His smile was subtle, fragile and wavered with every step that they took. It was hard to feel so cheerful with those memories looming over him, and it was even more difficult to think that that sort of life, all the chaos and bullshit that constantly shadowed the school, was normal too him. This life was normal, all the death was normal, it was normal for his parents, go fucking figure that it was bound to be the same for him too. It was a disgusting thought, but ... fuck, what the hell could he do about that shit? And Taimi, bless her soul, seemed so apologetic for bringing the whole thing up - but there was no need. She didn't do anything wrong.

"Don't worry about it," Pres offered her a wistful grin, grabbing onto her shoulder with a gentle grip. "I'm glad to see you too."

Graduation. He almost laughed. Yeah, that was something he skimped out on. "I should have, but I like it here. Not ready for the big scary world, I still have shit to do." He wasn't strong enough to be a Guardian, not as he saw it, there was so much more he could do.
He had to be stronger for her.
"More time to keep you company."
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Best Chat Pet
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Old Friends [closed ebu/kitt]   Old Friends [closed ebu/kitt] - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 8:12 am

Taimi bit her lip when he grasped her shoulder. A soft tint of red brushed her cheeks, still slightly embarrassed by her inability to choose the correct words. How did she properly console or nevertheless acknowledge what happened here? The thought would continue to gnaw at the back of her mind for awhile longer. She was sure of it. But his grin was also a bit comforting, so she grew conflicted.

His answer to why he hadn't yet graduated almost brought forth a chuckle of her own. She couldn't really blame him. After all, she had the opportunity to leave Beata behind completely, become a normal person and forget all about this disaster of a gift and those who else had it. To fit in. But she still found herself coming back to the school.

All she could truly offer in return was a light-hearted chuckle. "Fair enough, then. I plan on graduating this year." Her last sentence was spoken a bit softer, the word plan emphasized just slightly.
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: Old Friends [closed ebu/kitt]   Old Friends [closed ebu/kitt] - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 25, 2017 12:14 am

Preston raised an eyebrow, head tilted as he took a good long look at her. As more memories came flooding back to him, he realized that this same girl he'd talked to months ago would have absolutely melted in his hand if he'd so much as brushed against her. Although she seemed the same sweet woman that he'd spoken to before, Taimi had certainly seemed to have changed for the better. He smiled again, his gaze breaking to flick around her body, a selfish moment - he could confess as much. "Plan on it?" He mused on, letting his hand linger before dropping it back to his side and turning to walk away again. "And what will you do after?"

Even as he asked on lightly, he couldn't help but laugh somewhat at his own situation. "I think I'll be getting the boot at the end of the day."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old Friends [closed ebu/kitt]   Old Friends [closed ebu/kitt] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Old Friends [closed ebu/kitt]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2