Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

A Table for Two

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Katia Duboise

Katia Duboise

Beata Bucks : 11776

A Table for Two Empty
PostSubject: A Table for Two   A Table for Two EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 6:30 pm

A little bell sounded as Katia stepped foot into the café alongside Sebastian. Almost instinctively, she read the day's specials out loud from a small green chalk board sitting right at the enterance: Marble Cup Cakes, Chicken Soup, and Espresso. Her eyes traveled from the counter, to her friend, then roamed around the room. The interior of the small establishment brought a smile to her face. "The colors are so warm, the decor is beautiful, and the tables are lovely."
She began walking slowly to the nearest window-neighboring table of her choosing, "I feel so at home." she said, becoming nostalgic as she remembered her frequent after school visits to a nearby café within walking distance of her old high school back in Texas. Grabbing a snack before making her way home was never a problem. Getting together with a few close friends to study a while was doable too. Perhaps this café would have the potential to create new memories as good as the last one.
Back to top Go down
Bastion

Bastion

Beata Bucks : 11876

A Table for Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Table for Two   A Table for Two EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 6:56 pm

"I'm glad you like it. I figured this would be a better alternative than the cafeteria," Sebastian mused as he followed Katia over to a table by the windows after entering the cafe. He sped up a bit to catch up to her and lightly tugged on her sleeve to slow her down so that he could get in front of her in order to pull out her chair. Still holding a loose grip on Katia's right sleeve he smiled and lead her over to the table and motioned for her to take the seat he had pulled out for her.
Back to top Go down
Katia Duboise

Katia Duboise

A Table for Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Table for Two   A Table for Two EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 8:10 pm

Katia was still very impressed by his etiquette. You would have thought she would of gotten accustomed to it by now after spending nearly the whole morning with him, but it all still seemed surreal to her. After all, most guys her age had the manners of a troglodyte. She sat down on the seat Sebastian had pulled out for her "Oh, you don't have to make a fuss over me." Katia said then gave him a smile.
Katia didn't bother grabbing a menu from the small menu holders at the edge of the table; she already made up her mind about what she wanted on their way over.
Back to top Go down
Bastion

Bastion

A Table for Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Table for Two   A Table for Two EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 8:49 pm

Sebastian pushed in Katia's chair as she took her seat, being careful not to slide smoothly across the floor. He had always disliked seeing men try to be chivalrous and pulling out chairs only to ruin the act by dragging the legs of the chair violently across the floor as they tried to push the seat in. The turbulence really did make the behavior less flattering. Before going to take his seat he responded to her by placing a hand on her shoulder and returning playfully, "Why does it have to be a fuss? I can't just enjoy treating you well?" He smirked before taking his seat across the table from them and awaiting a server to approach.
Back to top Go down
Katia Duboise

Katia Duboise

A Table for Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Table for Two   A Table for Two EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 11:08 pm

A smile showed her pearly white teeth, "I just want you to know that you don't have to go out of your way for me. You have already done more than enough by helping me get situated in my dorm and agreeing to get me aquainted with Beata." Katia said as she placed her small handbag at her feet.

Upon finishing her sentence, their waiter approached the table.

"Good morning; I'm Percy, and I will be your server for today." he spoke politely, in a friendly tone, and maintained a balanced eye contact with the two of them, "Ready to order, or would you like more time?" he asked, looking from Katia to Sebastian.
Back to top Go down
Bastion

Bastion

A Table for Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Table for Two   A Table for Two EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 5:15 am

Sebastian glanced down over the upward facing side of the menu immediately after taking his seat, not taking particular interest in anything he read. As the waiter finished speaking Sebastian's gaze shifted back over to Katia before proceeding to answer. "Ladies first," he said aloud as he motioned with his head in her direction.
Back to top Go down
Katia Duboise

Katia Duboise

A Table for Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Table for Two   A Table for Two EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 8:53 pm

Katia's eyes went from Sebastian to the server. She, of course, had to have her favorite beverage. She greeded the waiter and gave him her order "Hello Percy, I'l take an earl grey tea, heavy on sugar, with a vanilla almond biscotti." she said and watched as he jotted down her request.

"And you, sir?"
Back to top Go down
Bastion

Bastion

A Table for Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Table for Two   A Table for Two EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 6:40 am

"I'll just have a coffee please," Sebastian replied as he closed the menu in his hand and handed it to the waiter, prompting him to leave the table to go put in the order. "And also... go out of my way for you? I thought I told you earlier that I didn't want to hear any more talk like that," he said teasingly, "I'm choosing to be with you because you're cute and I enjoy your company."
Back to top Go down
Katia Duboise

Katia Duboise

A Table for Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Table for Two   A Table for Two EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 3:04 pm

Katia unfolded the fabric napkin in front of her and placed it on her lap. She chuckled, "Sorry, can't help it. What can I say, I'm just used to being the helper, not the helped, the hostess, not the guest. I'ts in my nature." Katia replied, smirking.
Cute? She wondered if Sebastian was just as much as a flatterer to all girls he met. Regardless, she decided to just go with it. Katia made eye contact with him "Well, you arn't bad either. Are all the guys this nice around here?"
Back to top Go down
Bastion

Bastion

A Table for Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Table for Two   A Table for Two EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 7:01 pm

"Are all the guys this nice anywhere?" he said jokingly, "I like to hope that I don't behave like just any other guy. But seriously, I'm afraid I've been flirting with you since we first met and I don't know a thing about you other than your name and that you like tea. I'd like that to change if you don't mind. You're welcome to ask me about myself as well."
Back to top Go down
Katia Duboise

Katia Duboise

A Table for Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Table for Two   A Table for Two EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 10:47 pm

A soft laugh escaped her lips once again, "You'd be surprized to know that there isn't much to me. . . . at least I think so."
Katia began making a mental list of questions to ask herself, "Well, how about hobies?" She put her index finger to her lip in thought for a second, "I've played piano since I was six, I enjoy traveling, and my favorite book is The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux. What is yours?" she asked while waiting patiently for her tea.
Back to top Go down
Bastion

Bastion

A Table for Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Table for Two   A Table for Two EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 3:19 pm

"Well unfortunately I don't play any instruments, but I also love to travel when I get a chance," Sebastian said as he laced his fingers together in front of him, "My favorite book though... that is a difficult one to answer. Nothing as cultured or classy as The Phantom of the Opera like yours. I tend to gravitate more to things that pique my intellectual interests in particular. So at any given time you might find the book I'm reading to be Sun Tzu's Art of War or The Book of Five Rings. If you meant for entertainment rather than philosophical musings then I suppose I'm a fan of that old author Dan Brown. Got to love a book that was made a movie and was protested openly, but I prefer Angels & Demons to The Davinci Code. On a slightly more embarrassing note I am a huge Tolkien fan, but you can forget I said that if you want."
Back to top Go down
Katia Duboise

Katia Duboise

A Table for Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Table for Two   A Table for Two EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 11:26 pm

The mentioning of Dan Brown brought a smile to Katia's face "I've been meaning to read Brow's latest book, Inferno for a few months now. I hear it was inspired by Dante Alighieri's Divine Comedy." She looked out the window for a seconds, her eyes traveling from passer-by to passer-by before turning her attention back at him and asking another question, "So, besides reading philosophical books, what else so you do for fun, Sebastian?"
Back to top Go down
Bastion

Bastion

A Table for Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Table for Two   A Table for Two EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 1:13 pm

"Well, back home I used to play a lot of baseball and basketball," Sebastian replied, his glance shifting, for just a moment, over to the counter where the server was preparing their drinks. "Oh, that reminds me. I'm from New York," he said excitedly as he turned his attention back to Katia, "I don't even know where you're from."
Back to top Go down
Katia Duboise

Katia Duboise

A Table for Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Table for Two   A Table for Two EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 10:24 pm

"I'm from a small ranching town in Texas."  Katia said proudly. "I've never been much of an athlete, unless you want to count equestrian sports." she said as a feeling of homesickness came over her as she spoke of her beloved pets, "My two horse's names are Bonnie and Clyde." she mused, recalling Bonnie's ivory color and black spots, and Clyde's chestnut color and black mane and leg markings. "Did you leave any pets behind when you decided to come to Beata?" Katia asked curiously.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Table for Two Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Table for Two   A Table for Two Empty

Back to top Go down

A Table for Two
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next