Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

As Bitter As My Coffee

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Frosty
Frosty

Beata Bucks : 11697

As Bitter As My Coffee Empty
PostSubject: As Bitter As My Coffee   As Bitter As My Coffee EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 8:34 am

The Winter dorm was unusually quiet- more so than usual, even with it being known to be the calmest dorm. Kimply imagined everyone was probably out getting their dresses and tuxes for the dance, or maybe spending their afternoon with friends. Since Kimply wasn't even sure if she was going, and out of her only two friends one was in a coma and the other appeared to hate her, Kimply was out of luck.
She sat on the floor of her room, her foot kicking at the doorstop. She listened to the quiet ring as the spring jumped back into place before kicking it once again. She sighed loudly, before jumping up of the ground quickly, immediately forgetting about her pointless game. She opened her door and slipped out of the room, into the hallway.
The pink haired girl already knew no one was in the dorm, she could sense it. In fact, with her powers growing strong, she could know sense as far as the entrance without any effort. Not that that really helped anything. As she approached the kitchen, she came across a closed door. Pausing a moment, she saw light peeking out from under the door. She hadn't been able to sense Evelyn (she never could, after all) so she nearly forgot about her. Kimply was definitely in the need of company, and she figured that Evelyn would probably feel the same- or, she hoped.

A few minutes later Kimply knocked on the door with her foot, both hands occupied at the moment. "Hey Evelyn? It's Kimply. Can I come in? I got you your favorite tea. I promise I didn't like, poison it or anything." She joked lightly, though hesitancy still laced through her voice.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

Beata Bucks : 12424

PostSubject: Re: As Bitter As My Coffee   As Bitter As My Coffee EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 8:35 pm

No answer came from the other side of the door at first.

Evelyn was splayed out on her bed watching the ceiling, and the sudden knock disrupted the sweet silence that seemed so rare nowadays. The Winter residence hall was quiet, but not quiet enough it seemed to her. Through the walls she could always hear someone chatting or laughing or jumping around. It was maddening, but there was no escape unless she wanted to go outside... where all her misadventures seemed to happen.

She considered saying nothing. Kimply would give up eventually. Maybe I could pretend I'm not even here. she thought to herself. She can't even sense me.

There was a sudden pang of guilt remembering that, and Evelyn immediately sat up. But she can see me normally. Where else could she get that? From who else? If Kimply wanted to talk to her over tea, even if the conversation was unbearably awkward... then it would still be worth it, because at least she could get one person to look at her normally for once.

Evelyn slid off the bed and quietly padded towards the door, stopping herself as she reached for the doorknob. Don't do this. a small part of her warned. You'll regret it. Don't let her in. But remembering, the girl took a deep breath to summon her courage and gingerly turned the knob. "Uh..." There was some hesitancy as she opened the door and looked up at her old friend. A friend. "C-come in."
Back to top Go down
Frosty
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: As Bitter As My Coffee   As Bitter As My Coffee EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 3:29 pm

Kimply stood there awkwardly. After a while, she began to doubt Evelyn was even in there. She tapped her foot lightly, unsure if she should just go back to her room and forget about it. Even if Evelyn was in there, she probably wouldn't want to talk to her. Not just because she was shy, but she was mad too. And Kimply didn't even know why!
Just as she was about to give up and walk away, she perked up immediately when the door opened. "Thank you." She said earnestly, glad not to be shut out. She handed Evelyn her tea with a smile and went to sit on the edge of her bed, crossing her legs and making herself at home. "So. What did I miss?"
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: As Bitter As My Coffee   As Bitter As My Coffee EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 9:03 pm

Evelyn just nodded as the tea cup was handed to her. How did you know I like tea? she wanted to ask, but she dropped the subject and instead looked up at her dormmate, who already looked like she was making herself at home. She didn't know what she expected out of Kimply of all people, but it didn't seem very mannerly. "Uh, w-well, nothing really..." she mumbled out of response before taking a small sip. Pain seared her tongue and throat as she drank. Ow. Hothothothothothothothot, fuck me, ow. The girl just bit the inside of her cheeks and forced a smile, trying to disguise her discomfort. "Aghhh... It's, uh, v-v-very good... T-thank you..." she said, setting it down on her dresser. You cause me pain in even the little things.
Back to top Go down
Frosty
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: As Bitter As My Coffee   As Bitter As My Coffee EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 9:26 pm

At Evelyn's smile, Kimply beamed back proudly. "I knew that's the one you like. Because, you know, that's the one you drink all the time. Actually, that doesn't sound as cool. Can I just say because I totally just know you? Yeah, I'm gonna go with that." She nodded to herself, becoming quiet as she took a sip of her coffee.
After a moment of looking down at her mug, Kimply peered up through her bangs nervously. She felt a quick pang of grief for the girl. Kimply knew what it felt like to be practically invisible to people, not being noticed, just a shadow in the crowd. However, she couldn't even begin to imagine what Evelyn was going through. Kimply simply felt invisible, whereas Evelyn really was to people. And to make matters worse, the only one who could truly see her had left without any explanation. Oh God. Kimply was such an ass. She had gone out on her own adventure, and hadn't even thought about the people she was leaving behind. Maybe Evelyn really was invisible to her. At least then she'd have an excuse for the shit way she treated her. "Evelyn... I'm sorry." She paused for a moment, unsure how to go on. "For leaving you all alone. I mean," She began to ramble. "I know you're not some baby who can't take care of herself, but I was supposed to be here for you. Instead I went on a long vacation, and yeah. I'm sorry I'm a shit friend." And the prize for the worst apology in the world goes to... Kimberly Huffman!
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: As Bitter As My Coffee   As Bitter As My Coffee EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 11:40 pm

An awkward silence overtook the room as Evelyn struggled with words, unsure of how to respond. It was her turn to feel guilty now, with the way Kimply phrased it. It was that obvious, huh? she realized, thinking back to the Grand Hall. Way to make me feel selfish... Perhaps it was irrational to feel that; it was just some bitterness over being left alone, but her friend's apology went and made her feel like shit anyways. "N-n-no... It's f-fine, really..." she said, trying her best to dissuade any notion that she ever felt resentful, even if she had. "Y-you don't have t-to s-stick around just f-for me, I m-mean... I do f-fine on my own."
Back to top Go down
Frosty
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: As Bitter As My Coffee   As Bitter As My Coffee EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 4:17 pm

Kimply shook her head. "Still, I'm sorry. It was stupid for me to leave anyway. It wasn't what I thought it would be." He wasn't what she thought he'd be. When she had finally found her dad, he had turned out to be a complete ass, who kicked her out as soon as she arrived at his door.

"I left for a reason, dammit. Don't you show up at my door as if I actually want you."

Ouch. She had been a bit hurt about that. And the fact that she had wasted all that time, left her friends- friend (and vegetable) all alone without a reason why didn't make her feel any better.
She pushed the thought out of her head, looking up from her coffee cup, where she had been absentmindedly watching the liquid slush. "I know you do fine on your own. It just sucked to know that you always have to." She said quietly, looking up at her friend tentatively. Could she call Evelyn her friend again? She was in Kimply's eyes, and the pink haired girl hoped it was the same on both sides.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: As Bitter As My Coffee   As Bitter As My Coffee EmptyMon Feb 17, 2014 5:27 am

Evelyn was silent at that. What was even expected to say? She didn't even know her own feelings. So the girl just stared into her warped reflection in the tea, lost in thought. I need alcohol. Evelyn decided. Her one and only experience with it had ended in sorrow, but that was mostly her own fault anyways. Liquid courage. Maybe then I could grow a spine and tell her my mind. She had built up so much bitterness towards Kimply the past few months, only to have it all melt away the moment she showed her face again. I'm such a coward.

There was a part of her that wondered just where Kimply had wandered off to, but she didn't pursue it. In all honesty, she hardly cared. "There's no need to be s-sorry." she lied in a small voice, not even bothering to look up from her tea. Couldn't this conversation end already? Why couldn't they just forget anything ever and just choose to act like friends again? Evelyn was tired of these heavy discussions with old abandoned friends. If Jace was any precedent, Kimply would just spoil it all anyways and ask her to run away with her on an adventure.

Her face darkened with sudden realization. Oh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: As Bitter As My Coffee   As Bitter As My Coffee Empty

Back to top Go down

As Bitter As My Coffee
Page 1 of 1