Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Visiting the Conservatory

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

Beata Bucks : 10094

Visiting the Conservatory Empty
PostSubject: Visiting the Conservatory   Visiting the Conservatory EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 2:10 pm

Footsteps echoed throughout the glass room. The soft light showcased the plants and their colors. The thick scent of flowers and other green plants drifted though out the area. A pink haired teenager, walked though the main isle. Her hair fell to the small of her back, and at the longest strands, were bradded with a nice bead to keep in intact. Her brilliant blue eyes danced around, at the sight of so many plants.

"Woah..." She breathed touching the petal of a Cherry Blossom. Her fingers moved over to a Iris flower. The purple petals caught the light of the sun. "So many more then at home..."
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

Beata Bucks : 11731

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Conservatory   Visiting the Conservatory EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 5:44 pm

"Yep! You won't find a larger variety of flowers anywhere other than here," A voice said from behind the young girl. It was an older man, no older than... 40, who was wiping his hands clean in a convenient towel he had basically pulled out of nowhere. It was very handy, and he had come to love his ability, especially since it was a very nifty closet. He wasn't wearing anything too fantastic. Just a regular t-shirt and jeans that was pretty much covered in plant-like substances.
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Conservatory   Visiting the Conservatory EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 7:10 pm

Scilene quickly turned around. Her head tilted, and her eyes bright as she realized that he worked here. "You work here?" Perhaps she could help out after school! It reminded her so much of home. Feeling the seeds from her mother warm in her pocket, Scilene plucked them out, and held them infront of her. "My mother gave these to me, and told me to plant them when I am able to use my powers." she looked at the seeds and back up at the man. "I belive they are the rare Franklin Tree Seeds." Her geekyness for plants showing through her näive first impression. Her blue eyes looking back down at the seeds again. Her mother must have trusted her a lot to give her these...
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Conservatory   Visiting the Conservatory EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 7:45 pm

The man nodded his head. "I am Mr. Brendan Cassedie. You can call me whatever you like, though. I don't really have a preference." He then took a moment to look at the seeds only for his face to change into a little bit of surprise. He hadn't really seen these before. Well, he had seen pictures, but that seed was definitely one that he didn't have around here. Of course, he would never back down from a challenge, but he didn't want to ruin the plant either. It was just one of those deals. Now, if it were a rather common seed, he wouldn't have minded so much, but they were called rare for a reason. "Wow! That's impressive," He replied, not really knowing what to say. "I'm assuming your power has something to do with the earth, then? If so, I'm sure you would be able to take good care of that plant when you are able to master it." He then smiled before taking his towel and throwing it behind him, only for it to disappear into a hole that suddenly made an appearance in mid-air. It was darker than the night and whenever he looked at it, there was always a feeling of a void or just.. nothing in particular. But as soon as it appeared, it was gone, as was the towel.
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Conservatory   Visiting the Conservatory EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 7:54 pm

Scilene excitedly nodded, "I can basicly control plants." She smiled and placed the seeds back into her pocket. "Do you think I could help out here after School , Mr. B?" Scilene asked, taking a breath of the air. It was rumored that Franklin Trees had a sweet fragrance to them. Turning, she watched him throw out his towel. But...to where?"Uh, where did your towel go?" She glanced behind him. Not there. Turning behind herself. Not there? What?
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Conservatory   Visiting the Conservatory EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 8:10 pm

Mr. B? Well, that was definitely a new one, but he didn't care. He went by many names and that was just one to add to the list. What actually interested him more was the fact that she looked so eager to help and that her question was sincere. That was also a new one. There weren't many people who were truly interested in the conservatory, but she was definitely and exception and he liked it. "Of course! So long as it doesn't interfere with any of your school activities." He told her before he saw Scilene trying to look around him to where the towel went. It took him a few minutes before he suddenly realized that she had no idea what he could do. Heck, in her mind, he probably didn't have any abilities other than being Mister Flower Power. "What, the towel? Oh! My apologies..." His voice trailed off for a moment as he waved his hand in front of him, creating a large oval of emptiness in front of her. It was a very interesting hole considering it was just a black void of bent space, and the way that light just bent into the hole was strange due to the fact that it distorted the appearance of what was around the hole. So in a way, it was a black hole, but it was one that didn't destroy matter. "This is my power. Basically, this is like a portable closet. It's not that great of an ability, but it is one nonetheless. It can be dangerous too, though. Of course, I don't use it as such." He then reached back into the hole and grabbed the towel once again, pulling it out into the real world. "It's pretty much unlimited storage space."
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Conservatory   Visiting the Conservatory EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 8:22 pm

Scilene beamed " Really?! Thanks!" Her blue eyes sparkled at the idea of working with plants like she did all of the time as a kid. It would also help her work with her powers. Suddenly she found herself starting into s black hole. The deep emptiness made her eyes grow wide with curiosity. " Unlimited storage, huh? Must be pretty handy."
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Conservatory   Visiting the Conservatory EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 4:07 pm

Brendan shrugged. "It depends on what you like. I mean, if you are like me, its useful for landscaping supplies but not much else. Although it is interesting what I can do with it now that I have been able to master it. But enough about me, we need to talk about you! Well, the seeds at least. Would you want to go ahead and try to plant them? Or do you just want to look around here for now?" He asked, not particularly caring what she did so long as she didn't mess up any if his creations, but she seemed trustworthy enough.
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Conservatory   Visiting the Conservatory EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 10:45 am

Scilene nodded at his reply then she paused for a moment, her thoughts wondering about the seeds. "I think I'll wait until I can fully control my powers before i try to grow something as important as this." She smiled and patted the pocket that she placed the seeds in. " I don't want to waste any, my mother must have spent a fortune to get these." Scilene had a admiration of her mother. Her mother always seemed to be able to haggle for a cheep price when buying something, and she was able to get a higher price when selling something. That is how her mother kept her business open for so long. " I think I might look around a little bit more." She waved her hand in the direction of the bunches of Iris flowers. "These are my favorite, and I wanted to look at them a little bit more."
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Conservatory   Visiting the Conservatory EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 12:07 pm

Brendan nodded and followed her to the flowers, admiring them. It had taken him a little bit to grow the flowers, especially since the first time he actually planted them, they decided not to show up, but they had grown beautifully when they finally sprouted. "Go right ahead! These flowers were a bit of a pain to start, but they've been pretty easy to take care of since they sprouted." He told her with a smile on his face before taking a deep breath. "They also smell lovely too." That was one of the greatest perks of practically living in the Conservatory and being a landscaper around here. Brendan was able to enjoy the bountiful beauty of nature and all it has to offer. It was amazing, and the mixed smells of the different plants put him at ease. Yet, there was always that haunting thought about how manly he was because of his love for plant life. But he had the sexy looks so it didn't matter what everyone else thought. He still got all deh ladehs.
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Conservatory   Visiting the Conservatory EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 12:54 pm

Scilene stared at the flowers for a few moments. She understood how hard it is to grow flowers this perfect, so she respected him for growing them so well. leaning forward, she sniffed a purplish hued Iris, and smiled. "They do smell wonderful." Scilene agreed, her blue eyes wondering over the soft patterns of the petals. "I am glad I am not the only one who enjoys the beauty of plants." She said half to herself and half to Mr. B.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Conservatory   Visiting the Conservatory EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 8:20 pm

Mr. B smiled and agreed with a small laugh. "Yes, as am I. I haven't actually met anyone at this school that has actually truly enjoyed being in here since I graduated out of this school. Well, since the Headmaster took charge of the school." He said, quickly glancing around the conservatory at all of his handiwork. Although, in complete honesty, he couldn't take credit for half the things in this building. If it weren't for Irene, this poor place would be a waste land. Yeah, he was good with flowers but not that good. And yes, he did think a lot about her. It was saddening to see someone like that leave the school, mainly because he might have possibly had a slight burning love crush on her when they were in school, but now he just admired how well she dealt with plants. It was awesome.

But anyway, back onto the real subject. This girl... whom of which he still didn't know the name of. Oh well. "Would you like to try to grow your own?" he asked, having plenty of spare seeds of all kinds of plants just lying about on random tables and in organized drawers. She also seemed to be very interested in this kind of thing and if she wanted to learn, he would definitely help her with knowledge of plants and help her practice her ability, and there's no better way to perfect her skill than to practice.
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Conservatory   Visiting the Conservatory EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 8:53 pm

Scilene looked up from her flower and tilted her head. The school really was THAT old wasn't it? Her father had told her about it when she was young, and they had first discovered her powers. Huh, how about that, the school is old. She thought passively, and then turned back to the flower. Of course, it was old in her eyes, but in reality, this school was young compared to the many school established around the world. It was just a matter of how the person thought.

At the offer of trying to grow one the lifted her head excitedly. "Oh, sure!" The student beamed. It would be a great way to practice her powers. Perhaps, even he could give her hints on how to not get tired as easily when trying to grow flowers and other plants. Actually, that is all she knew how to do. Not how to controll them, or make them attack. Which she really wanted to learn how to do.

Adjusting her bag as she stretched, ready to follow Mr. B. to get sum learn' in. |D
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Conservatory   Visiting the Conservatory EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 1:51 pm

Brendan smiled at the student's willingness to learn. She seemed so excited to just be able to practice a few skills that it even excited him just to learn what she could do. Granted, he wasn't really supposed to help pit the students much. He was just part of the background of the school. In some ways, he was pretty sure that a majority of the students here didn't even know he existed. Although that didn't matter to him much. His artwork was shown through the beauty of the school yards, the courtyard, and this conservatory. But nonetheless, this girl was here and she wanted to learn. That was exactly what he was going to help her with.

He led her over to a table where a couple of empty pots were set. The only thing inside of them was just a bunch of soil that had been sitting inside it for quite some time. There was definitely a need for it to be moved around a bit. "Here you go!" he said as he showed Scilene the pots. "You can practice using these. And here are some seeds for Daisies over at the edge of the table. I have plenty of those so if you manage to mess it up you can just start over." he waved for her to start to see what she could do already. There wasn't a way he could help her unless he knew what she could already do.
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Conservatory   Visiting the Conservatory EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 3:04 pm

Scilene smiled and reached for the seeds, inspecting them. " Thanks Mr. B.! " She thanked, looking up from the seeds. Man, today she was really up beat. Taking one of the pots, Scilene stirred up the dirt and stuck in a seed. covering it up with a swift push of her hand in the dirt, she was ready to start. "Here I go." Staring at the pot, she narrowed her eyes and tilted her head downward. After several long minutes, a tiny green stem grew out of the soil. Scilene's forehead was lined with sweat, but she wasn't ready to give up just about yet. The stem grew faster, and a little bud drew at the top, but it started to slow down.

One by one, the bud opened, and about five minutes later. It was done. Scilene gasped for breath, and put the hand down on the table. With the other hand, she wiped off the sweat form her forehead. Suddenly the ground dipped beneath her, and she dropped to the ground, exhausted. "You see, I can't do it easily without almost fainting with exhaustion." The student panted. Hauling herself up into sitting position, she looked up at her creation. The steam was a light hue of green, but the farther it goes up, the darker and more wilted it got. When it got to the top part, a few petals where wilted, the middle a premature green. "Damn it." She muttered under her breath. She wished she could have done better on her first shot. Though she was here to get better, right?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Conservatory   Visiting the Conservatory Empty

Back to top Go down

Visiting the Conservatory
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next