Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Birthday Party...Not really [Closed]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Badger
The Almighty Badger Goddess
Badger

Beata Bucks : 11259

Birthday Party...Not really [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Birthday Party...Not really [Closed]   Birthday Party...Not really [Closed] EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 2:48 pm

April 20th. It was always an exciting day for Hosa. After all, it was her birthday. Twenty one years ago to the day she had been brought into the world, and now she was living life to the fullest. And so, with a soft smirk she leaned back on her couch as she sipped at her apple juice box while watching a cartoon. You could blame working at the Daycare for this - she had found that some of the shows they liked weren't all that bad, and had found a fondness for apple juice. She did have a beer or two in her fridge but she wasn't a fan of drinking. Instead, she kept them for special moments or guests. Not that she ever had any guests.

Living on her own...It was a nice change of pace for once. Always living with her parents and then her roommates, having a house to herself was rather nice. Mostly because it was way bigger then her dorm room ever was. Only issue was...That she didn't have a whole lot of items to put in it. Her eyes scanned around the room, which was rather empty other then the couch, a chair, television and a table that had a few papers on it along with her awards for getting second-place and first-place in the Tournament in the last two years. Most of her rooms were as empty as this, as the items that she could fit into a single dorm room didn't exactly translate well to a full house.

Not that she minded. She sipped a bit more at her apple juice, only to frown when she realized the box was empty. She held the juice box out in front of her, narrowing her eyes at the carton. Why did they have to be so delicious but so small? Then again, they were for children...A loud sigh escaped her as she reclined her head on the couch, her eyes turning back to the television show. What a life she lived...She was a Gifted person - she could turn into any animal she could image, mythical or otherwise and for her twenty first birthday she had decided to spend it watching childish cartoons and drinking apple juice...Maybe she shouldn't have taken the day off from the Daycare because at least there she could be productive.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

Beata Bucks : 9409

PostSubject: Re: Birthday Party...Not really [Closed]   Birthday Party...Not really [Closed] EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 8:38 pm

It took a certain winter prefect a little bit to remember a certain good friend of his birthday. He had been super busy as of late, and the night mares didn't exactly help his situation but that didn't matter. He just hoped she was at home, and hoped her birthday was going better than his did. Honestly his birthday was a disaster, he just wanted a normal regular day, but it ended up with students trying to piss him off to the point he came close to madness again. It wasn't good.

But today he had the chance to have a normal day, and spend time with his good friend, that he had known since he first came to the school. He had a small gift with him. He wasn't even too sure if she would like the gift, but he figured that since she could turn into animals she would like a stuffed animal maybe? He let out a small groan. This was so stupid, he knew the girl and considered her a close friend, hell the only friend that knew the whole story, and yet he was stumped for a gift idea so he had to settle. Jeez what kind of friend was he?

Inside the small gift box he carried, was a small beanie of a griffin, and some flavor of tea he figured she might have like. Well at least there was an attempt right? Oh well it would have to do, he couldn't change it now.. (The writer can if it isn't good enough.) tucking the box behind his back, and walked up to the door, and knocked, hiding both of his arms behind his back so he didn't seem too suspicious, but she would probably tell something was up.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Birthday Party...Not really [Closed]   Birthday Party...Not really [Closed] EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 4:24 am

The sound of knocking caused Hosa to blink as she reached for the remote to pause the television. Was somebody at the door? She tried to think of who would be there, before remembering the single friend she had given her address to. Had he come to wish her happy birthday? She stood up and stretched luxuriously before heading toward the front entrance. She still had the apple juice box in her hand, and sipped at it once more to make sure it was completely empty before opening up the door.

Upon seeing that she was correct who her guest was, she smiled happily as she leaned on the door frame. "Magic!" she welcomed happily. "And to what do I own the pleasure?" Not that she didn't have a feeling. Both of his arms were behind his back, which wouldn't have been that weird if he hadn't just knocked. Its a really odd position to put your arms in when you are just visiting a friend. So, she quickly guessed that he was hiding a gift or something, but she just kept smiling warmly at Magic as to not let him on. Besides, a gift of any sort was a nice surprise. But behind her smile, her mind was racing. She was rather excited to figure out what he had gotten her, and was attempting to think of what it could be.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Birthday Party...Not really [Closed]   Birthday Party...Not really [Closed] EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 7:15 pm

It honestly felt a little weird that he could hear what was going on inside. It felt like he was being a bit of a creeper, and that was the reason that he didn't come to Rosebury while it wasn't raining without a good reason. He would rather not hear everything going on. He tried to distract himself from the sounds inside, but it was hard to do. He could hear his friend stand up, and then take a moment before walking to the door. He flinched a little when he heard the door starting to open, but he placed a sort of neutral look on his face, before the girl saw him.

"Hey!" He said in response to her greeting. He shifted a moment before pulling the small box from behind his back. "Happy birthday." He seriously hoped she would like her gift. "I hope the gift is okay, and I hope it's okay I came over. I figured you would like some company if you would have me." He mentally cursed at himself for sounding a bit formal with the last bit, but it was just how his brain arranged the words to be said.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Birthday Party...Not really [Closed]   Birthday Party...Not really [Closed] EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 4:06 am

The smile on her lips turned into an even bigger one as Magic pulled the box out from behind his back. Ah-ha, she knew he had one! She happily accepted it (while holding onto her juice box), and opened it as he was talking. The moment she spotted the little griffin beanie, her eyes lit up as her smile grew wider. "Its adorable, Magic!" she said. She moved to balance the box in one hand to remove the stuffed animal, but relieved that she was unable to do so with the apple juice. Her eyes then spotted what else sat in the box. "Oh, and tea! Thank you!" She beamed at him before she stepped from the doorway. "And you are always welcomed here, Magic," she hummed happily.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Birthday Party...Not really [Closed]   Birthday Party...Not really [Closed] EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 12:47 pm

He wanted to turn away from his friend out of embarrassment but the eagerness to see her reaction to the gift kept his gray-green eyes on Hosa. He didn't expect for her to find it adorable but he was relieved that she liked it. He had done a good job despite worrying about it for the past while since he couldn't figure out what to get her. A small smile tugged at his lips at her reaction. It was nice to be around someone like Hosa after all the stuff that had been happening lately. "I'm glad you like it." He said stepping inside the house. He hadn't been here before, but he wasn't going to go exploring with out her offering to give him a tour. That would be rude. He looked back to her. "So are you having a good birthday?"
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Birthday Party...Not really [Closed]   Birthday Party...Not really [Closed] EmptyTue Apr 26, 2016 1:56 pm

As Magic stepped inside, she pushed the door closed as she moved past her guest and into the living room. She unceremoniously threw her empty apple juice box onto the couch so that she could remove the griffin from the box. Holding it gently, she turned to Magic and made the griffin wave one of its talons at him before nodding. "A good of day as being lazy and watching cartoons gets you. But I'll admit that its nice not having kids begging me to turn into an animal," she chuckled softly. While she did like working at the daycare, it was a bit of a tiring job. She adored kids, but they could be needy. She grew silent for a few moments, before her gaze flickered toward the kitchen that was connected to the living room as well, before turning back to Magic. "Say, would you like a drink?"
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Birthday Party...Not really [Closed]   Birthday Party...Not really [Closed] EmptyTue Apr 26, 2016 2:26 pm

Magic followed Hosa further into the house. It was a decent sized house for a person living on their own. His eyes flicked to the juice box as she tossed it but as soon as it landed on the couch his gaze went back to her. He smiled a little bit when she had the griffin wave at him. "Honestly a lazy day sounds like it would be the best right now." He was tired of having to deal with other students as a prefect. He didn't know why he offered to be a prefect in the first place or why the school choose him. It just happened. A curious expression was on his face when she asked if he would like a drink. He couldn't help but wondering what kind of drink she was offering. "Oh sure. That would be nice, thanks."
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Birthday Party...Not really [Closed]   Birthday Party...Not really [Closed] EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 4:32 pm

"At least you don't deal with small children," Hosa said with a soft chuckle as she turned and headed toward the kitchen, placing the box of tea and the toy griffin on a table next to the archway leading there. She paused for a moment, before glancing over her shoulder. "Although, I think sometimes some of the students act like children," she giggled with a small shrug of her shoulders before continuing the rest of the way to the fridge.

Upon reaching it, she opened it up. Her first reaction was to grab one of the cool beers but paused halfway though as she blinked. Magic wasn't old enough to drink, was he? Ah..Then again, neither was she. Well, now she was she supposed being 21 in all. Biting her lip, she pulled away from the fridge. "Say, what do you want to drink?" she called out softly - not feeling like raising her voice as she knew he could hear her anyways. "I got water, milk, apple juice...Some beer if you really want," she finally stated, deciding to add it to the list anyways.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Birthday Party...Not really [Closed]   Birthday Party...Not really [Closed] EmptyMon May 02, 2016 6:37 pm

"Some of them certainly do act like children. On my birthday all I wanted was some peace and quiet, and two people come along and do their best to piss me off. I warned them, but they still kept trying.. Finally another prefect had to come along and chance them off." He said not going to go into detail about how he fought one of them, and ended up going to the office himself. It felt like he honestly couldn't get a break. He was constantly stressed for some reason or another. But today was a day of peace and hanging with his friend.

He perked as she mentioned beer. It sounded absolutely fantastic right now. "Don't get mad at me but I would like the beer. If you don't want me having it then apple juice works I guess. I just need something to help me relax." He wasn't going to get drunk today. He just needed one.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Birthday Party...Not really [Closed]   Birthday Party...Not really [Closed] EmptyTue May 03, 2016 12:49 pm

Hosa grimaced as Magic described how his birthday had gone, before pulling out a beer and an applejuice box at his request. She straighten up, swinging the door shut with her hip before exiting the kitchen. She made her way to Magic, smiling softly at him as she held out the beer for him. "If I would get mad, I wouldn't have made the offer, Magic," she cooed with a small laugh. "Besides, I did just turn old enough to drink beer and I didn't get these today..." she shrug softly before shaking her head. "Its horrible to hear how your birthday went thought. We can have a nice, relaxing day today to make up for it."
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Birthday Party...Not really [Closed]   Birthday Party...Not really [Closed] EmptyTue May 03, 2016 4:56 pm

His eyes lit up a little bit when she handed him the beer. He was glad she wasn't gonna get mad at him or anything for requesting it. He quickly opened the bottle, holding the cap in one hand while the other lifted the bottle too his mouth, and taking a swallow. He felt a little relieved at the taste. It wasn't his favorite kind but it would do. "Thanks. And having a relaxing day would be wonderful. And I guess some students see me as a challenge. Like 'if we can beat the prefect with sound manipulation then maybe we will be the most powerful kids in school!' Nah. There are a few who can beat me probably, haven't really thought about it." He ranted slightly, getting that out of his system before taking another swallow of his beer. "Anyway. You say that you are of age to drink, but have you tried em before? Or are you just not interested?"
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Birthday Party...Not really [Closed]   Birthday Party...Not really [Closed] EmptyTue May 03, 2016 5:08 pm

Hosa couldn't help but chuckle softly as Magic's eyes lit up at the sight of the beer as he took it from her hand. As he started to talk, she shook her head softly as she ripped the little plastic straw off of her apple juice, removing it from the plastic wrapper around it and stuck it into the carton before taking a small sip. Had to make this last after all. She raised an eyebrow when he asked if she had beer before, causing her to shrug slightly. "I suppose I am not that interested in it. I've had beer once or twice and I don't mind it...I just am not that big fan of the taste. I plan to only drink it on big days," she stated with a soft shrug of her head before she paused. Her mouth opened slightly as if she was going to say something, but no words came out as she debated on if she should before simply closing her mouth, blinking at Magic to see what he would say.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Birthday Party...Not really [Closed]   Birthday Party...Not really [Closed] EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:38 pm

He gave a small hum in response before opening his mouth to say something. "Some people just prefer it that way, then there are some people who won't ever drink, and then there is people like me who drink occasionally, and then there are the alcoholics. There are probably a few levels between some of those, but eh." He said, not caring as he went off on a small tangent. "So are you expecting anyone else? or expecting other gifts to show up or something?" If he hadn't shown up was she planning on spending her birthday alone?
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Birthday Party...Not really [Closed]   Birthday Party...Not really [Closed] EmptyTue May 03, 2016 8:00 pm

As Magic asked about if she was planning on anybody else showing up, the smile fainted from her lips as she stared down at her apple juice. She was quiet for a few seconds before she sighed and took a sip from her juice box. "...No," she finally admitted after her sip, stepping pass Magic to sit on the couch. She sat down with a huff as she glanced at the frozen television screen. "I don't even know who would show up." She winched. "It's...I suppose I don't have any other real friends then you."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Birthday Party...Not really [Closed]   Birthday Party...Not really [Closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

Birthday Party...Not really [Closed]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next