Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Demonic Awakening [The Frontier Event]

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Coon
Flower King
Coon

Beata Bucks : 9430

Demonic Awakening [The Frontier Event] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demonic Awakening [The Frontier Event]   Demonic Awakening [The Frontier Event] - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 12:06 pm

Destiny stood up after Leo had pushed her off. She watched as Leo tried to stand, but couldn't. They both drained their energy. Nicola was probably gonna have to help Leo walk back to camp, while Destiny and Brant took Devin. The girl gave off a sigh as she placed a pale hand on a tree. He hand softly slid down the tree a little before the girl firmly pressed it to the tree. Slowly Destiny took the trees life-force, and the tree started to wither and wilt away, slowly losing it's life. The tree was far brittle, and dead once Destiny was done draining it's life force. Hey Life force was life force. Didn't matter where you took it from.

The necromancer looked a bit more youthful in her appearance now, but not as a bad as Nicola used to. Destiny gave off a sigh. This is would be the first time she would be giving life-force to a person. Hopefully she wouldn't go to far and give him some of her own. She gathered the tree's life force in her hand, and her hand held a soft green glow. Carefully the girl knelt down, and placed her hand on Devin's upper arm. The green glow grew brighter as Destiny transferred life-force into Devin. Slowly Destiny's appearance went back to normal.

With a sigh Destiny stood. "Thats should last him for the trip back. We will need to stop the bleeding as soon as possible or more trees will have to die." The necromancer said. She was gonna take the life of another tree just in case. She placed her hand on another tree, and started taking the life of it again. "Leo, you attacked Devin, but you didn't cause all of that damage I know that. Something else attacked him.. I don't know what but I can tell something did by the wounds he has." She explained, as she sucked the life out of the tree.

The skeletal wolf that told Destiny of the whole thing, walked out of the brush and over to Destiny. It shuffled the ground a little, then looked up at it's master. Destiny gave it a small smile. "Thanks for the warning.. Please continue on your patrol.." She told it. It shuffled the ground a little more with its paw then took off into the woods. "Brant can you help me with Devin, and Nicola can you help Leo?" She asked, kind of taking charge for the moment. Two of their members were out, one of them being the leader. Someone had to take charge.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

Beata Bucks : 10680

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Awakening [The Frontier Event]   Demonic Awakening [The Frontier Event] - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 2:21 pm

"Should I have told you guys that Hieta thought something was suspicious here?"

Nicola said with a rather flippant tone. She never really cared for life or anything, considering she could slay demons and all of that stuff (and she was pretty sure they were the worst creatures to walk on the surface of the Earth... or float. Whatever), so she had taken everything rather casually. This was just one of those "everyday" incidents where someone wasn't being careful. That's all it was. Or at least, that's what she was hoping to convince herself of. "There was something rather off about this place the moment we set foot here. As in... when we all jumped off the plane," she started, a small frown on her face. "Already, my brother was suspicious of the entire activity. Honestly, the staff probably knew of some mysterious creature that would try to kill us..."

Giving a nod of understanding to Destiny, Nicola sauntered over to Leo with that same reckless, careless air as before. She was in no rush after all. The people who should be in a rush would be the ones taking care of Devin. Holding her hand out to the angel boy, she shook her head in disapproval. Hanging onto the past wasn't ever a good idea. He should just let it blow away - what's done is done, right?
Back to top Go down
Badger
The Almighty Badger Goddess
Badger

Beata Bucks : 11280

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Awakening [The Frontier Event]   Demonic Awakening [The Frontier Event] - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 3:07 pm

God...Watching the terror and regret that filled Leo's face as he came to realize what had happened was heartbreaking so his attention flickered to Destiny as she made her way over. He blinked in surprise as she touched the tree and it soon started to wilt until she was done, and she crouched down to put the life energy she had stolen into Devin. Now that was pretty awesome and he maybe would of swooned over her if it wasn't for the fact he had bigger worries. As Destiny stood up and started to explain to Leo that it wasn't his fault, Devin stood up as well as he headed over to the hatchet and picked it up, staring at the blood that covered the edge of it. Whatever had attacked Devin, he had gotten a good swing on it. But the blood...It wasn't normal looking - it was paler than it should of been and he had a feeling it was unnatural.

His gaze flickered to Destiny as she told him to take care of Devin, but when he was heading back over there with the hatchet - so they wouldn't forget it - Nicola opened her mouth. When she stated that Heita had thought that something was up, he froze as his green eyes shrank as he turned her gaze to stare at her. What? As she went on, an anger of his own rose in the fire breather as his hand gripped the hatchet tightly as she finished and moved over toward where Leo was.

"Yes! You should have told us!" Brant suddenly snapped, flames escaping his mouth. Heita had known something was up the whole time? "That isn't something you keep from us - if he even thought that there was a dangerous creature we should of been informed!" However, his anger soon cracked along with his voice as he turned his gaze to where Devin was laying. "I...I only sent Devin out here alone because I thought it was safe...Because your brother had said it was..." he grew silent, shaking slightly as more flames escaped his mouth before he just shut his mouth and headed over to Devin. Crouching down next to him, he gently rolled over the boy and grimaced at the giant gash on his chest. "Whatever your bother thought was out here, I think it is..." he muttered in soft, but harsh tone. "It looks like it is a beast did this, but I suppose Devin is the only one who can answer that for us..."

With his hatchet held in one hand, he gently scooped his arms under Devin before standing up, huffing slightly from Devin's weight as he held him. At least the kid didn't weight all that much but the scent of blood was overwhelming and caused Brant to gag slightly. "Come on...We better get back to the camp. We can try to make sense of what happened back there and patch everybody up...At least of what we know until Devin wakes up." With that, he turned and headed back toward the way they came, Devin laying limply in his arms as he walked.
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

Beata Bucks : 10106

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Awakening [The Frontier Event]   Demonic Awakening [The Frontier Event] - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 4:16 pm

The blond closed his eyes and bit his lip in attempt to force down his emotions. As Destiny tried to explain that not all of it was Leo's fault, a flinch crossed his face. Though, some of it was his fault. He had attacked Devin. Even if he wasn't in his right mind... Blue eyes reopened to see a hand, slowly he reached up and took the hand. Slowly he stood, using the hand for balance as his head spun. The pain from his shoulder appeared again at that moment, a searing kind of pain. Leo grimaced, but didn't move from where he stood.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Awakening [The Frontier Event]   Demonic Awakening [The Frontier Event] - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 6:02 pm

Destiny caught up with Brant. She looked at him. She still looked a bit youthful from killing the second tree. "Brant you need to calm down.." She muttered to him. "Yes that piece of information would have been nice to know, but sadly we can't really do anything about it. We were dropped here, and we can't be picked up until we reach our goal. Also just because Hieta thought there was something going on here, he couldn't have known it would have been a monster or something. Heck I was even suspicious about stuff. I was scared that we would have been attacked by a bear or a pack of wolves or something." Destiny let out a sigh. "And you can't blame yourself for this.. that could have been us the first day we went out to grab some fire wood.. Who knows how strong that creature is.. or what it can do.. I'm just glad that Devin is still alive, and thats thanks to Nicola. All we can do now is survive and hope what ever it is doesn't show up again." Hopefully Brant wouldn't get mad at her for saying that. She could tell Brant was blaming himself for what had happened. If she could she would honestly put an arm around Brant, and try to comfort him but she couldn't with Devin in his arms, and that fact she was holding a good bit of life-force.. She didn't want to accidentally give him some.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Awakening [The Frontier Event]   Demonic Awakening [The Frontier Event] - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 7:32 pm

Nicola flinched back from Brant's flames, her eyes narrowing with a hint of annoyance. Admittedly, she should've told them, but her brother had every reason not to say anything yet. "H-hey! Hieta wanted solid proof before he said anything about this stupid mess," she shouted back, her eyes flaring with the same intensity as the fire that the Summer had breathed. "Why do you think he had volunteered to go on every patrol so far? Don't misjudge m-- I mean, us." Looking down at Leo, her eyes still held that same anger and rage but she begrudgingly beckoned him to get up, and without waiting for answer, slung his free arm over her shoulder. If he was going to keep moping around, she would personally leave behind for the bears or wolves or whatever there was out there. If he realized that demons and angels constantly fought with one another, he should've known it was completely out of his control.

Shooting Destiny a grateful look, Nicola wanted to just say Thank you! At least someone understands where I'm coming from, but decided against it because it'd probably make the situation worse than it already was. Adding fuel to the fire wasn't going to be any prettier... They should just hurry up and get to camp. Hieta would've been back by now and he wouldn't have left a message to say that he went looking for everyone. Yeah... they really should try and beat him before he got back from the patrol. Shaking her head in frustration, Nicola slowed her breathing a bit before using her other hand to make the stupid sword disappear. Didn't want to stab anyone while she was trying to carry an injured person. Damn, he was heavier than she first expected.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Awakening [The Frontier Event]   Demonic Awakening [The Frontier Event] - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 7:56 pm

While he had listened to Nicola's defense, Brant said nothing until Destiny came to his side and spoke up. He didn't glance her way as they walked, focusing on the path ahead and remembering how exactly how to get back. But as his girlfriend went on, his face soften as a frown appeared, his gaze flicking away from her. She had a point, she really did...He couldn't have expected Heita to tell them something on a hunch when they didn't have any proof but...He was never the best with his emotions - Destiny should of known that from the failed attempt to trying to explain that he loved her when he had visited her after a year. He could act tough, but that was simply it - an act. But even in it all, he felt like it was his fault.

"Even if we didn't know whatever did this was out here...I shouldn't have sent Devin on his own like that," Brant muttered back, his gaze dropping to look at Devin before he turned his gaze back toward the path he was taking, his green eyes dull. "He's just a kid after all. I didn't even think of what could of happened if he got attacked by a wolf or a bear as all he had was a hatchet to defend himself. I was fully aware that he didn't have any use of his power until now and yet I send him into the woods alone. He may not be dead, but he is damn close and it is because I sent him out to get wood when I should of just done myself..."

Occ: Time for Leo and Brant to be hard on themselves. Wooo, downer party.
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

Beata Bucks : 10106

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Awakening [The Frontier Event]   Demonic Awakening [The Frontier Event] - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 8:36 pm

Leo understood the constant fight between angels and demons. He knew it was a fact of his life, and he shouldn't be too hung up over it. Well, that's what Nicola wanted him to feel. What she failed to take into account was that the demon, was his friend. And to hurt a friend, it was the last thing he would want to do. Even is it wasn't his fault per-say, it was still a huge amount of guilt weighing down on his chest.

His blue eyes dark with pain and sorrow, slowly made their way to look up at the person pulling his arm over her shoulder. She looked like Nicola, Leo supposed. But Nicola was younger, wasn't she? At least, she looked younger. He knew her soul was thirteen or fourteen, but her body was eight or so. So it couldn't be her... Could it? Honestly, He couldn't find the voice to ask. He only looked down at Devin, who was being helped by Destiny.

Devin seemed small. Pale skin against the snow seemed identical in color. It was almost unnatural. All of this, Devin had to go through all of this pain...because Leo couldn't control the hatred that he has. Now, it seemed, some of that hatred turned on himself. The blond hated himself. Nearly killing his friend.

Damn it!

A small whisper escaped from his thoughts. "It's my fault."Bottom lip trembling, Leo bit down on it harder, to keep it from moving.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Awakening [The Frontier Event]   Demonic Awakening [The Frontier Event] - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 9:34 pm

"Look, if you guys are just going to sit around and regret what you did - fine by me," Nicola hissed with an expression caught somewhere between 'irritated' and 'angry'. These two, honestly... Where was their sense? They can't keep looking at this as though it was completely their fault. Narrowing her eyes slightly, she continued, "What's done is done. You can't change the fact that this happened. Nobody knew this was going to happen." Taking a deep breath, she knew there was one thing different about her being an eight year-old and being fourteen: she was not going to sugarcoat or be nice and bubbly about everything. Maybe she was being inconsiderate about their feelings, but they're going to have to face the truth and reality.

Stumbling a bit from trying to support Leo, Nicola followed Brant and Destiny, her eyes straight ahead and unwilling to waver. "The fact that Devin's your friend should motivate you to learn to use your gift better, shouldn't it?" she said with a small sigh, wringing her hands in front of her. "Instead of moping around and wishing you didn't almost kill him, use that energy to drive yourself to control all of those emotions. That can be done, can't it?"

"Learn from your goddamn mistakes."
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Awakening [The Frontier Event]   Demonic Awakening [The Frontier Event] - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 1:37 pm

Destiny nodded. "Nicola is right. It's done, we can't do anything about it. We can't change it. So stop blaming yourselves. It's gonna get us no where. We don't need two depressed team members. That would be hard on Nicola, Hieta, and me to take care of everything because two of our team members were stuck being sad." Destiny said hoping that would motivate at least Brant to get out of his self blaming mindset. Destiny looked at Brant for a moment before telling him. "Cheer up, or I'm sticking Juan with you for two weeks." Destiny kind of threatened. Juan was a good skeleton, but boy could he get annoying after a while, and Brant would be dealing with him 24/7, Destiny would make sure of that.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Awakening [The Frontier Event]   Demonic Awakening [The Frontier Event] - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 1:53 pm

Brant was quiet though the whole thing, half listening to Nicola - but paid full attention to Destiny cause that is what good boyfriends do. Blah, they had a point. He couldn't be so hard on himself, it was done and besides, he could just feel bad about it when they didn't have to deal with whatever had done this. But when Destiny came up with her threat, he couldn't help but crack a smile slightly. "Fine...You guys are right I guess...This isn't the time anyways, not with Devin as hurt as he is. We just need to get back to the camp," he said in response, before narrowing his eyes slightly. "And we also need to find out what the hell is out with us as well."

Occ: So, this is going to be a weird place to stop but this is the end of the topic! I'm going to make a new one in a bit of time skipping to Devin waking up. The new topic should be up in an hour or so, depends on how distracted I get and how long I feel like making the post.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Awakening [The Frontier Event]   Demonic Awakening [The Frontier Event] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Demonic Awakening [The Frontier Event]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2