Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Ghost in the Mirror [site event]

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

Beata Bucks : 12292

Ghost in the Mirror [site event] Empty
PostSubject: Ghost in the Mirror [site event]   Ghost in the Mirror [site event] EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 11:52 pm

You walk into the Grand Hall to find a woman in a rocking chair and the walls lined with mirrors.

The medium seems to be napping at the moment and looks half a ghost herself, but it's probably not wise to mention that. There's an old rottweiler with torn ears curled at her feet guarding a tin coffee can full of cash, and a whiteboard hanging off the armrest listing all her normal fees.

PAYMENT
Pets - $10
Loved ones (one minute, no speaking) - $20
Loved ones (five to ten minutes, full speech) - $50

Ghosts will appear in the mirror to replace your reflection after payment. Depending on the power of your memories, they may just be shadowy silhouettes, or they might be vivid recreations of what they were in life. While the old woman can keep them anchored in the reflection for short periods of time, even against their will, they will begin to blur and fade the longer they're kept there. Thus, the longest meetings will last only up to ten minutes even under the best of circumstances and at the highest level of payment.

There is a row of bleachers set up near the back for those who are waiting, undecided, or just wish to spectate. This might get emotional.
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

Beata Bucks : 9974

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Mirror [site event]   Ghost in the Mirror [site event] EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 10:39 am

Aided by his crutch, Rhett hobbled into the Hall, trying not to look at his own reflection in the mirrors. He approached the old woman and glanced at the whiteboard for a moment before placing a single twenty dollar bill in her cup, mindful of the guard dog breathing on his hand. It was just pretending to be asleep. Such a terrifying, but loyal dog.

The boy turned away, looking for the mirror in which his loved one would appear. He didn't know who it would be, maybe his grandfather. A ripple caught his eye and he quickly made his way to it. After a second of only seeing himself, the image began to warp. It was shrinking, growing thinner, slightly taller. It was his older brother, how he had looked six years ago. His brother waved with a grin plastered on his face. It occurred to Rhett that he might still have his power, even in death.

They couldn’t speak, but they could write. He dragged his finger across the glass, heating it enough for the deceased to see it. “How are you?”

Lukas raised his hand, perpendicular to the mirror and tilted it side to side. “Decent.”

The younger shook his head and wrote, “I’m sorry.

His whole demeanor changed, face contorting into something similar to anger. It wasn’t natural to see it on him at all. He was yelling, tears pricking his eyes, but no sound escaping the barrier of glass. The pupils were slits threatening to close in on themselves. His mouth often made a pattern of shapes, forming a set of words. “It wasn’t your fault!

The minute was over. As he felt himself fade back into the oblivion, Lukas’ face cleared. He was thrown back into the depths of nothingness.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Mirror [site event]   Ghost in the Mirror [site event] EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 11:42 am

This was either her worst nightmare or a dream come true. She couldn't say which.

Jane sat on the bleachers with her legs crossed, resting her chin on her upturned palm, looking lost in thought as she stared over all the people milling through the Grand Hall. The room was full of ghosts. Do I? She chewed on her lip, all hints of her usual smiles and laughter gone. She had the money. She had the time. There was nothing holding her back, no excuse to back out, no safety net to fall back on, no reason to run away and hide from all of this. It was funny, but she almost wished that there was. Then she could've just avoided this place with no regrets.

She knew she had to do it.

If she didn't, she'd hate herself for the rest of her life, however long that would last.

Jane tapped her fingers fretfully against her knee, a small bitter smile spreading across her face. "Fuck... This lady really drives a hard bargain..." she muttered under her breath to no one in particular. Fifty bucks for a seance? What kind of bull was that?

She didn't make any move to stand up.

The question was just how long she could delay this.

Man. This isn't like me.
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

Beata Bucks : 8367

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Mirror [site event]   Ghost in the Mirror [site event] EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 3:31 pm

It had been a few days since the incident in the forest, and Barry decided it was time to do something and figure out something once and for all. Was his brother actually dead? His arm was completely healed, thanks to Lamia kick starting his super speed healing, but he was still very thin. It would take quite a while for him to get back to his normal self.

He noticed all the people in the Great Hall and also noticed all the ghosts. He wanted to be sure of his brother's death, just to give him some peace of mind. It had been bothering him since the incident, and left him with little sleep. But the lady running all of this made the visits with the ghosts very quick and for a large cost. He didn't know if he wanted to do this anymore. He took a deep breath and resolved to go ahead and go for it.

OOC: Is it alright if I use this to start something between Barry and Edward?
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admiral of the SS Sexbang
Jay

Beata Bucks : 8663

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Mirror [site event]   Ghost in the Mirror [site event] EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 4:40 pm

Logan only stopped at the sign. The doors to the Grand Hall had been left ajar, another whiteboard sign leaned loosely against the doorstop. Medium Inside! Come in to speak to loved ones! Limited time only! Logan looked at it with a smirk, laughing to himself in silence, but when he looked through the door, to the people inside, he was surprised to find a familiar face. Jane; did she really believe in that kind of stuff?

He looked down at the box in his hands, a box of student medical records he had to bring to the school archives for the fall semester. Well, it wouldn't hurt to bring them over later. He hadn't talked to Jane in a while, and this was as good a time as any. He was curious: what was she doing there?

"Hey." He talked before he planned any sort of conversation, standing beside the bleachers and looking up, the cardboard box cradled in his arms as he smiled at Jane.

Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Mirror [site event]   Ghost in the Mirror [site event] EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 5:03 pm

The voice ripped her out of her thoughts. Jane perked up, confusion spreading across her face at first, and then her usual familiar smile. "Yo," she greeted, settling into a bittersweet expression. Usually she'd cover that sort of thing up with a grin, but this felt more fitting in a somber place like this. Long time no see, huh? She was glad for a familiar face and a friend, and having someone to chat with felt like a bit of weight was lifted from the room, but it wasn't all good news, was it? "I can't say I'm not glad for a bit of company, but it's a bit sad to see you here. I'm not going to complain though." It was a reasonable leap to make that he was here to pay up like everyone else. There was a bit of comfort in sharing that kind of solidarity with someone she knew. If not... Well, it was good to see him anyways. She'd been starting to think she'd scared him off somehow, with the whole nearly-dying-during-DDR thing. Her eyes settled on the box. "Set that down and sit with me unless you gotta run, I'm gonna go crazy if I'm by myself any longer."
Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Mirror [site event]   Ghost in the Mirror [site event] EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 5:56 pm

"Oh..." Logan looked down at the box, and grinned back at her. Well, he grinned for just a moment; he gained an awareness of where he was and eased up. "This old thing isn't holding me back any." He put it on a lower bleacher and boosted himself up, grunting as he climbed to where she was, even reaching out for a hand as he brought himself to. And when he settled next to her, he looked on, to the weird mirror-filled scene in front of him. He wanted to whistle, but he fought his facetious doubt. "I'm surprised so many people showed up," is what he said in substitute, mouth unwavering.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Mirror [site event]   Ghost in the Mirror [site event] EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 11:01 pm

Jane helped him up as much as she could, but even after that small exertion of effort, she could feel the strain in her arm as he settled down beside her. She covered it up with a smile, tilting her head as she followed his gaze to stare out across the scene in front of them. The bleachers felt like an outside world, a small bubble outside, a one-way mirror looking in, but she had just as much reason to be here as anybody. "Is it that weird?" It felt stupid to think like she wasn't one of "them." "You'd be surprised. Normal people go through weird things." None of that probably made any sense right now, but Jane never had much of a filter when it came to rambling out her thoughts. Especially now. She glanced beside her. "What's in the box? Packing for France?"
Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Mirror [site event]   Ghost in the Mirror [site event] EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 4:16 pm

"No." Logan was surprisingly calm in his explanation, calm and quick, to a point where he surprised himself. "I'm just surprised one person can fill the Hall like this?" He took notice once more to the box at his feet, and gave it a distasteful smile. So she remembered that. "Nope. Medical records." He bent down and drew a finger through the pages rapidly, over and over, down the line. "I work for the infirmary. I'm sure you're in here somewhere."
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Mirror [site event]   Ghost in the Mirror [site event] EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 2:34 am

A doctor, huh? Or an after-school assistant sorting paperwork, but 'doctor' sounded a lot sexier. It was some kind of law or something. "That's not as exciting though," she said with a sigh, craning her head as if to peek inside. What happened to the City of Love? Hopefully he hadn't gone already without letting her know. Then that'd be really unforgivable. "You haven't been snooping, have you?" Well, her records probably gave away the reason she was sitting around here in the first place. It wasn't like she had anything to hide. "I don't think I'd be hard to find. My folder probably takes up half the box." She smiled at him, almost apologetically. "Sorry for the extra headache. Paperwork's gotta be a bitch."
Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Mirror [site event]   Ghost in the Mirror [site event] EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 3:29 pm

"Oh really?" Truth be told, he hadn't looked at her stuff. He hadn't done anything, actually; it was all filled out by parents, and he was just there to transport and sort them. But he still didn't know her medical situation, at least never confirmed it, and leaned back, looking over the crowd. "I guess that'd have to do with what happened in the Game Lounge." He tried to play it off as nonchalant and indifferent, but it was hard not to notice the slight inquiry in the way he said it, as if it was half a question. He gave her a sideways glance, and smiled. "And France is seeming a little far, may have to postpone it until school's over."
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Mirror [site event]   Ghost in the Mirror [site event] EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 3:34 pm

Right, the Game Lounge. How could anyone forget the Game Lounge? She'd started to lose track of all her deaths, but that one was special, even if her lungs couldn't finish the job. Getting rocked to the brink of death by the power of dance was a new low for her, or high, depending on how you looked at it. It was tied with getting her throat crushed by that tree branch after stealing that horse. "Yeah, a bit." Jane just grinned, sidestepping the tinge of curiosity in his tone. "If you're too cheap for a normal ticket, go on a mission." When did those ever go wrong? "Then just ditch before you have to tussle with Sasquatch, and voila, free vacation." It wasn't exactly honorable, but they wouldn't miss one person, would they? Some of the people in this school were crazy. They could probably handle anything thrown at them. "I'm a genius, aren't I? You should trust me."
Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Mirror [site event]   Ghost in the Mirror [site event] EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 3:50 pm

"Oh, definitely," he said mockingly, looking at his legs, and back up after a ponderous millisecond of silence. "I'm sure my groupmates would be happy to see me back on the plane." He looked out the window, and said, half to himself in a droopy echoey murmur: "We could always paste an Eiffel Tower cut out to one of those windows.", and said louder, "We need to do a class prank."
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Mirror [site event]   Ghost in the Mirror [site event] EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 4:19 pm

"They should be happy for you." Hey, you had to have a good time where and when you could. They couldn't blame him, right? Wrestling vampires might have the better adrenaline rush, but there wasn't anything wrong with a little sightseeing. A lot of people probably preferred the Eiffel Tower than fighting for your life in a grungy Paris alleyway. She raised an eyebrow. "A prank?" she repeated. "What? Here? Now? What kind of prank?"
Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Mirror [site event]   Ghost in the Mirror [site event] EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 6:16 pm

"No, not now," He raised an eyebrow with a smirk. "You know, those senior prank things. When the class comes together to put a bunch of water cups in the hallways, or tape up entire rooms. Except, you know, we're not seniors." He leaned close to her, so that they were almost ear-to-ear, waving his hand towards the windows, where the ceiling met the wall. "Imagine the Headmaster waking up, and finding his car on the roof." He immediately went to his normal position. "We'd get killed, it would be fun." He didn't really care that much. Consequences were less of a thing to him lately.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Mirror [site event]   Ghost in the Mirror [site event] Empty

Back to top Go down

Ghost in the Mirror [site event]
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next