Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Dinner (Open)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jake

Jake

Beata Bucks : 8830

Dinner (Open) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dinner (Open)   Dinner (Open) - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 8:46 pm

"Ha, I guess so." He had a moment of relief since she had notice his unwillingness to talk about his sister. "Huh, similar gift, similar lifestyle i guess" A smile went up in his face since not every day do you meet someone that have a similar gift and past. "I got to say, while its not the best this is pretty good" He had looked around back where they were serving out the food. 'I should learn how to make these' He had liked cooking so he wanted to make all sorts of dishes... but he had inherited some of his mother's lack of cooking sense. "I mean this could use some seasoning"
Back to top Go down
Pandalandalopalis

Pandalandalopalis

Beata Bucks : 9587

PostSubject: Re: Dinner (Open)   Dinner (Open) - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 8:52 pm

"Similar lifestyle?" Samantha scoffed and shook her head. "I wish. I'm assuming you had a somewhat normal upbringing, aside from the whole powers and getting into fights thing. My upbringing was dresses and fancy dinner parties and always being forced to act like a lady . . . The amount of breakable things in my house was staggering, you'd think they'd stop buying them. But breakable things look nice, and you can't have a nice house without nice things." She rolled her eyes. At his mention of the meatloaf she took another bite. "Yeah, I suppose it could use a little more, I don't know, something."
Back to top Go down
Jake

Jake

PostSubject: Re: Dinner (Open)   Dinner (Open) - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 9:06 pm

Having the biggest grin Harrison had looked at her listening to the story. At the end of her story he could not hold back anymore and had let out a laugh, but wasn't a loud laugh. "More similar than you think actually, well less now. I used to have that, suits, fancy dinner, learning proper etiquette, lights, meeting people, big houses, heck we had lots of people working for us too. Although. He had taken a deep breath to gather his thoughts. "That all changed since we had an incident and my parents had thought this would be the better and went 'AWOL' and became a simple old family." Although he had taken a breather it was still hard to talk about her sister's disappearance/kidnapping. "We had cut ties to most of the big companies we had ties to and moved cities. Its the old family ties and my parent's persuasion that got me to enroll here at Beata"
Back to top Go down
Pandalandalopalis

Pandalandalopalis

PostSubject: Re: Dinner (Open)   Dinner (Open) - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 10:02 pm

The smile that spread across Samantha's face was the largest one she had made since she had arrived. "So you get it then," she said, "Being proper and having to be polite around people you hate and never being able to wear jeans." She groaned. "My brother never minded all that stuff so complaining to him about it was out." She laughed. "You should have seen the kinds of things that I tried to get away with at those parties. Hiding food in places food should not be; talking to 'respectable' people about topics that were certainly not respectable." She took a sip of her chocolate milk, then held it up. "I never got to drink these as a kid. I always wanted to. I wasn't even allowed to have chocolate milk in a crystal glass." She set it down. "Ah, but you're lucky. Your parents eventually realized how toxic that life can be and opted out. My parents? My parents are the poster-people for that life. You can't find people more stuck up then them. I'm not exactly sure who shoved those sticks up their asses, but I have tried for seventeen years to take them out and no dice." She sighed. "But they're my parents, right? I'm stuck with them. At least that's what my brother says."
Back to top Go down
Jake

Jake

PostSubject: Re: Dinner (Open)   Dinner (Open) - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 11:14 pm

"Yes, I do get what you mean, I also tried to sneak out of those whenever I could, just grab a but of food then gone... but having parents that can spy on you where you go, I was caught every. Single. Time." He had an amazing mood on since he bad an actual person to talk to that wasn't hired by his parents. Even though they were out of the business they were still wealth and certainly wealth enough to have some slight influence. "my sister is a sucker for those events. Pretty dresses, dances, food the works she loved it so my parents somewhat favored her more and usually dragged me to those. Hearing more of her story he had recalled more of his past. "Ha, I was also never allowed to drink or eat something like this but, you know who could?... My sister." He had said this in a voice that implied that he always loses to his sister. "I never got why my parents were always so strict, I had even thought about just straight up leaving but,  I could never leave my sister. " 'Seventeen huh,' He had never actually knew how old she was. He had heard her mention how his parents realized what they had done and only one thought came to mind. 'That's funny, I would trade my life for yours in a heartbeat, at least you still have your brother' He had raised his almost empty milk carton and said "Here's to parents, may be a pain to deal with, but your sick with them. Oh! By the way I'm 15 years old. I figured you were 17 and thought i should return the favor"
Back to top Go down
Pandalandalopalis

Pandalandalopalis

PostSubject: Re: Dinner (Open)   Dinner (Open) - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 8:19 am

A look of surprised flashed across Samantha's face. "Fifteen? Wow," she commented. "I mean, your height makes you look a little bit older than you are." She hummed. "Fifteen. So what grade would that make you in? Nine? Ten? Well, actually, I'm just assuming they do grades here at this school but maybe they don't." She shrugged. She finished off her meatloaf as she waited for a response, drinking the rest of her milk as well.
Back to top Go down
Jake

Jake

PostSubject: Re: Dinner (Open)   Dinner (Open) - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 1:16 pm

"Ha, I get that very often. That's about 70% of the things my parent's 'friends' talk about. 'Oh look how tall he is.' 'Oh how much have you grown.' I was taller than my sister so they always compared." He had finished his food and had set his utensils in a vertical fashion to show that he had finished. "If they do grades here I would be grade ten. Then again, I was always top of the class." While he had seen the confusion on her face due to his height and his age discrepancy, this was was something he was used to dealing with. Harrison had looked around once more to survey the people that were around them to see if he could spot anyone using their power visibly. 'This sure is a weird place' Said the white haired, purple eyed person as he looked around.
Back to top Go down
Pandalandalopalis

Pandalandalopalis

PostSubject: Re: Dinner (Open)   Dinner (Open) - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 7:45 pm

"Yeah, school was never one of my strong suits," Samantha said. "Don't get me wrong, I'm not a terrible student, in fact I would say that I'm slightly above average. It was no 'top-of-the-class', but it was fine. The problem was my powers mixed with my hatred of the private schools mixed with the whole I.E.D. thing- Made school a bit difficult for me." She watched his eyes surveying the place and began to do the same. Everyone looked relatively normal, aside from the abnormality that popped up every once and a while. She wondered about the kinds of abilities that other people had. "So, did you go to private school?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
Jake

Jake

PostSubject: Re: Dinner (Open)   Dinner (Open) - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 24, 2015 9:55 pm

"I can see how school would be difficult for you" He sympathized with her since he could make out what it feels like to an extent since, not everyone was comfortable with his gift. "Yes, a very prestige one at that. Uniform, everyone talked in formal manners, many kids that came from very wealth households. Despite that you would not believe the amount of bullying there. But, once again, when we cut ourselves off I transferred into a normal private school." He had remembered his first day when he saw bullying and instantly was sent home since he had decided to do something. "Well? How about you? I'm guessing you were the same? Its completely different here."
Back to top Go down
Pandalandalopalis

Pandalandalopalis

PostSubject: Re: Dinner (Open)   Dinner (Open) - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 26, 2015 11:54 am

Sam nodded. "Ugh, yeah. I went to a private school as well. 'You should feel lucky, Samantha, New York has some of the greatest schools in the country'. Yeah, okay." She grimaced. "Rich kids are horrible. Don't get me wrong, the education was good and the teachers taught well and I learned a lot, but all of that couldn't make up for the, like you said, bullying."
Back to top Go down
Jake

Jake

PostSubject: Re: Dinner (Open)   Dinner (Open) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 2:18 pm

"Well, wherever you go you really can't escape bullying that easily. Worse thing was it was the richer kids bullying the lesser ones so they got away with it almost every time." He had waited for her to finish up since, even though he had memorized the map there still have been places that he hasn't found yet. "Say, have you been around the school much yet?" Harrison had tried to find a way to move the conversation somewhere else to go check out some shortcuts.
Back to top Go down
Pandalandalopalis

Pandalandalopalis

PostSubject: Re: Dinner (Open)   Dinner (Open) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 5:06 pm

Samantha shook her head. "No, not really. Have you?" She wondered what the rest of the school was like and was itching to go check it out. In a place that housed superhumans, she knew there had to be some interesting locations. She added on before his response, "I was actually looking forward to checking out the sports field. I had a thing for track back at my old school; it calmed me down."
Back to top Go down
Jake

Jake

PostSubject: Re: Dinner (Open)   Dinner (Open) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 5:21 pm

"I know the layout, but no i haven't been around the school" Seeing as she had finished her food he had decided to go. "Well then shall we go? Its not that far away," While track was not one of Harrison's strong suit it wasn't his weak one either. Sports and education were the two things that he had above his sister while his sister had basically everything else.
Back to top Go down
Pandalandalopalis

Pandalandalopalis

PostSubject: Re: Dinner (Open)   Dinner (Open) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 5:50 pm

"Sure," Samantha said. She got up and put her tray away, throwing away her empty carton of milk as well. She was excited to see the field and if they had a track ring. She wasn't exactly allowed to be part of the track team at her private school, but she did run around it anytime she had a free period or free time. "Alright, so I guess you lead the way, then." (OOC: Can you make a topic?)
Back to top Go down
Jake

Jake

PostSubject: Re: Dinner (Open)   Dinner (Open) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 6:00 pm

He had picked the closest exit to the cafeteria after putting away their trays and things. He had recalled the sports field was a long walk from here if they had decided to go through traditional routes like through more of the hallway then past some more buildings. Harrison had lead her to the route somewhat quickly get to the sports field since, he wanted to go sightseeing. Still being in the hallway and somewhat being impatient he had a suggestion. "Hey, want to take a shortcut?" Instead of going on until we reached outside then turn around to face the sports field, he could just teleport outside and take the hassle of going outside through the door away.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dinner (Open)   Dinner (Open) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dinner (Open)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next