Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Conservatoriationisticismness

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

Beata Bucks : 9688

Conservatoriationisticismness - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conservatoriationisticismness   Conservatoriationisticismness - Page 3 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 8:06 pm

The young woman drew herself back and stood up straight, glaring into the darkness of his first portal and waiting for the small piece of fruit to reappear into their world at any given moment. After a few heartbeats, she started to get a bit impatient. A few more seconds after that, she glanced back up at Brendan and starting seeing the doubt on his face. A bit longer, and she was beginning to doubt the possibility of it ever coming back out. But, if he knew that entire place by heart, he knew where his portals stood... and where the apple would be? Her logic was flawless! When it sounded though that Brendan had just about given up, the girl couldn't hold back an audible sigh. "Well, Dam- I mean- Darn it." She said crossly and with a frown, habitually correcting herself, but not dwelling too much on it.
Brailynn's head shot back up a the sound of the apple clanging against the end of the table and ricocheting onto the floor. When she realized what had just happened, a grin spread instantly on her face. "We did it!" She shouted and ran over to him from behind, putting her hands on his shoulders and practically leaping up, hovering over him excitedly for a few moments to get a close look of the apple in his hands before jumping back; almost laughing. "I mean, well - you did it! But - you did do it! It is amazing! Its like backdoor teleporting, yeah?" She mused happily, a bright look on her face.
Back to top Go down
https://beataacademy.rpg-board.net
Shadow
Shadow

Beata Bucks : 11743

PostSubject: Re: Conservatoriationisticismness   Conservatoriationisticismness - Page 3 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 7:44 pm

Brendan shrugged. He guessed it was! Well, that was really cool to know. It would definitely help in the future, even though he wasn't exactly sure how yet. But that wasn't really the point at the moment. It was funny to watch how excited Brailynn got over him just finding something new about himself, and it put a big smile on his face. So, he looked a little goofy. Yet, he didn't really care either. For the first time, he felt accomplished. It had been so long since he really felt that he had really done anything special and for him to be able to make this discovery, he felt younger. Yay for feeling like forty all the time.

Shifting the apple around in his hands, he couldn't help but continue to stare at it. It was an amazing feeling to find something new, but it was all because of Brailynn that he even figured out he could do such a thing. It would be really interesting working with her... if she ever came back to the conservatory. "Yeah. I guess it could be put that way," he said finally after a few moments of thinking the situation over. "Well, I guess you do learn something new every day. But!" He stopped and turned to her. "Now that we have figured out what I can do, what is your ability? I don't believe you have told me yet."
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: Conservatoriationisticismness   Conservatoriationisticismness - Page 3 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 10:04 pm

Brailynn shifted her weight from foot to foot, looking up at the landscaper with a bright smile and slight giddy; a bit like the one he had worn on his face just now, though a bit more off since she had to crane her neck to really see his face. "It could, right? Now I wonder what else you can do..." Honestly, seeing the apple fly though, the girl was a bit tempted to jump in herself, just too see what happened~. Something made her seriously doubt Brendan would be alright just going along with that like nothing, though. Later, she'd ask. Later...
The smile suddenly disappeared from the girl's face as she strangely shy'd back a little, biting her lip and looking the other direction. Well, with what was going on, she supposed she should've seen that question coming sooner or later. The girl looked a bit unsettled, rubbing her neck. "I don't exactly have one-" She tried to start, but was having trouble explaining - like when she had talked to Richard. She'd never had the need too. "I mean - I do. I can control the earth and the wind like my daddy - I'm sure I can, I know I can. I have!" Brailynn suddenly looked a bit frustrated with herself. "Or maybe it was a dream? It was so long ago, I don't know..." It seemed as if she had gone through these thoughts many times before on her own, suddenly shaking her head and offering an uneven smile to Brendan. "I'm sorry." She apologized, thinking she got a bit too open and carried away. Could they talk about something nicer? Like that girlfriend he needs to get? ;AA; /shot
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Conservatoriationisticismness   Conservatoriationisticismness - Page 3 EmptyTue May 21, 2013 8:43 pm

Brendan simply shifted his weight from one foot to the other casually as he glanced back at Brailynn. "There's no way that you don't have a power, especially if you have your mother in you. And since your father has a power as well, you pretty much can't not have a power. Trust me, you'll figure out how to control it as you continue at this school. You might not be able to use it now, but you wouldn't be here if you didn't have an ability," he told her reassuringly before waving off her apology. "No need to apologize! You can go ahead and talk about anything you want to. It's not like the plants are going to give away anything you say." He chuckled. He didn't understand why she seemed to uneasy about talking about her power. If she had both of her parent's abilities, she'd definitely be one of the more powerful students here. She'd be great, but in a way, it seemed like she wasn't very willing to try. It kind of concerned Brendan, but there wasn't much he could do about it. He'd just hope for the best and keep talking to her. That's really all he could think of in order to sort of alleviate the situation a little. And my little Brendan doesn't need a girlfriend ;A; it'd just be good to have one ;u;
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: Conservatoriationisticismness   Conservatoriationisticismness - Page 3 EmptyThu May 23, 2013 4:54 pm

The girl shot Brendan a hopeful glance. It really wasn't in her nature to think so negatively, but if ever there were somethink to truly drag her down, this was most definately it. Brailynn also seemed a bit relieved he didn't mind her little outburst. It was nice to get off her chest, she quickly realized, and Brendan seemed to be a very good listener. "Thanks." She muttered, gripping the edge of the table behind her and leaning back, smiling at his little joke. Suddenly, the place seemed so quiet to her. "They've tried to teach me. Nothing ever clicks though." She said, taking off her hat and hugging it close to her chest. "They don't say it, but I know how disappointed they are." Lynn considered this pkace her last chance to get it right. It had to happen. When her parents were here and her age, they'd mastered their gifts. She'd just have to walk those same footprints, right...?
Brailynn bit her lip, "Everyone here is so amazing and they make it look so easy. It just makes me feel like a failure." She peered up at him, "Have you ever felt like that?" The initiate laughed unsettlingly and hugged her worn headpiece even tighter. She was just feeling sorry for herself, huh?
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Conservatoriationisticismness   Conservatoriationisticismness - Page 3 EmptyMon May 27, 2013 9:19 pm

Brendan nodded. "Every day." "I do know how you feel. I didn't have the easiest time mastering my abilities. It took me quite some time before I could make any little portal bigger than a quarter. I mean, what can you fit in a quarter-sized hole? Well, other than a quarter..." He rambled, stopping suddenly to turn back to her and nod again. "...Anyway, yes. I know how you feel." He had to keep himself from talking up a storm, especially when she seemed to be quite troubled about her predicament. He couldn't help but give her a look of sympathy before trying to quickly help her out of her mood. "But don't worry. You'll get the hang of it! It's not like you need to know how to do everything right now."
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: Conservatoriationisticismness   Conservatoriationisticismness - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 5:49 am

and thus, her muse returned at five in the morning. Somehow. Lol.

Poor Brendan. At first, the girl had given him a look of small confusion. He had this awesome gift that he could throw infinity into and play portal with. How was that bad? She stayed quiet and stared at the ground thoughtfully, though, as he went on. A smile grew wider on her face as he went on. Brailynn didn't mind his ramblings in the least, its not like they were off home-base. "Yeah, I guess you're right." She muttered, taking a deep, slow breath to chill. It was nice knowing she wasn't alone and fhat he believed in her so much. "Thank you... Though, I bet you could go a lot bigger than a quarter now, huh?" She joked, though the challenging curiosity was there again. Brailynn paused for a moment, "Um - I guess this is weird, but I could kinda use a hug right now do you think...?" Her voice trailed off. Yeah, it was odd since they just met and all, but he was reaaally easy to warm uo too. and it felt like they'd actually met weeks ago, for some reason. /shot.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Conservatoriationisticismness   Conservatoriationisticismness - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 9:37 pm

A hug? Well, that was a little interesting. Brendan was actually somewhat surprised at the sudden remark, but he still wanted to help out. Wasn't there some kind of student/teacher thing that didn't really allow that? But then again, he technically wasn't a teacher. Besides, it's not like his forever aloneness would make him hit on this girl anyway... She was way too young and that would be creepy beyond words. After a slight hesitation, he finally gave in and gave her a smile. "I guess one little hug couldn't hurt," he told her before casually and a little carefully wrapping one arm around her gently. Yep. That awkward one-armed hug. Wow, Brendan. You dork. But he didn't want to cross any boundaries. He was, after all, like... 40 and she was no older than 16 or 17. He didn't want to be known as That Guy ;A;
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: Conservatoriationisticismness   Conservatoriationisticismness - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 5:17 am

omg i think i'm all topics caught up after this <3

Although his concerns were in all probability legitimate, his hesitation didn't seem to make too much sense in his mind. She felt like she'd known him for a long time, in a way from all those stories, and he really didn't seem that old. So, in her mind, it was kind of like asking for a hug from a big brother... a really big brother. Or an uncle, maybe? it's all platonic brendan i swear on my honor as a tree. xD Or how about a new friend all together? Either way, she didn't mind in the least and the disappointment was a bit clear on her face when he embraced her awkwardly. That simply wouldn't do, not for her at least, but she wasn't about to glomp him to the ground or anything - not like her poor dad. Brailynn instead reached up both arms (having to get on the tips of her toes because damn, he was tall) and gave him a gentle hug back, supposing she should just take what she should get. "You call this a hug?" She muttered jokingly before pulling away. "I want a real one one of these days, got it?" She looked up at him sharply, though honestly - as bad as that was, it did help her feel a lot better. She glanced around for that broom she needed, though she noticed instead how dark it was already.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Conservatoriationisticismness   Conservatoriationisticismness - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 11:51 pm

Brendan chuckled as he kind of awkwardly rubbed the back of his head. Yeah. It was a pathetic hug, but still. She might have heard all about him, but he didn't really know a whole lot about her until he had met her earlier today. Although, he was surprised to see that it was getting dark. Well crud. He meant to get more work done today. Oh well. That just leaves more to do tomorrow. But at the moment his focus was on Lynn. "Yeah that was a pretty bad hug. One day, that real hug will happen." he smiled at her and took a deep breath. "Well, I guess you should get going before it gets too dark. We don't want you out after curfew either. The headmaster wouldn't be too happy about that."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Conservatoriationisticismness   Conservatoriationisticismness - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Conservatoriationisticismness
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Beata Academy :: School Grounds :: Conservatory-
Jump to: