Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Off to a great start... [Open]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
QuinnT

QuinnT

Beata Bucks : 8981

Off to a great start... [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Off to a great start... [Open]   Off to a great start... [Open] EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 8:31 am

Just through the gates and into the building. That was all the instructions Teresa got from her mother before she drove off in their family car. And who could blame her? She was already running late because they spent far too much time looking for Beata.
Teresa stood in front of the entrance and looked around. Everything looked almost exactly as she has imagined it. After all, her mother and father have told her everything about their time here. They talked about it like it was the best time of their lives. They tried persuading their daughter to enroll sooner, but she didn’t want to hear about it. Teresa liked to think of herself as an average girl and didn’t like to show off her gift. She became quite good at suppressing it during her early childhood, but when she entered her teens, her gift got a bit out of her control. After the incident, which she doesn’t like to talk about, her parents decided it was best for everyone that she learned to control her unique power.
She walked through the main gate, dragging her heavy, over-packed suitcase behind her. She promised herself before leaving she’d try and be more social in this school. Make friends, talk to people. In her old school she didn’t do so well.
This was her chance. She had no idea where she’s supposed to go now, what she’s supposed to do. Again she looked around, trying to decide which of the students looked the friendliest. She spotted someone that looked easy to talk to and tried to walk over to him when she tripped and fell.
Oh God… It couldn’t get more embarrassing than this. Good luck making friends now.
She said to herself before getting up.
Back to top Go down
Bloop

Bloop

Beata Bucks : 9031

PostSubject: Re: Off to a great start... [Open]   Off to a great start... [Open] EmptyFri Feb 26, 2016 10:59 am

It was a pretty slow day to say the least, nothing out of the ordinary. As soon as the bell had rung, D'angelo headed straight toward the main entrance. He figured he would stop by the bakery in Rosebury, order something there, and then bring it back to his dorm. As he casually walked closer to the gate, he noticed a girl coming closer. By the looks of it, she was a new student. This was evident by the large suitcase she had been dragging. Out of no where, she seemed to have tripped and fallen. What an embarrassing way to make her entrance here. He felt bad and began to walk toward her.

When he was next to her, he lent out his hand to help her up. "Here, let me help you up." He said friendly. "Are you alright? That was quite the fall."
Back to top Go down
QuinnT

QuinnT

PostSubject: Re: Off to a great start... [Open]   Off to a great start... [Open] EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 2:09 am

Teresa took the stranger’s hand and got up.
“Yeah… I’ll be fine. Thanks.” she made a short pause, “I really know how to make an entrance, don’t I?”
She didn’t want to make this a bigger deal than it was. She smiled slightly and ran a hand through her dark brown hair.
This was exciting. She’s never met someone with a different gift than her. Well, that’s going to happen a lot now. So better get used to it. Now, ask him something. Don’t just stare like an idiot.
“This is my first day, so I was wondering um… if you knew where I’m supposed to go.” She tried to maintain eye contact which was hard for her with new people.
“I’m Teresa, by the way.”
Back to top Go down
Bloop

Bloop

PostSubject: Re: Off to a great start... [Open]   Off to a great start... [Open] EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 5:31 pm

"Yeah, I'll say." He said with a smile while helping her up. "Well, the main office is where you want to go first. That's where you will get your paperwork, classes, dorm assignment, and some other things. The red backpack he had slung over his shoulder had slowly slid off his shoulder. D'angelo quickly adjusted it and then focused his attention back at Teresa. Nice to meet you, Teresa. I'm D'angelo. He said happily. I can show you where you need to go, if that is alright with you?
Back to top Go down
QuinnT

QuinnT

PostSubject: Re: Off to a great start... [Open]   Off to a great start... [Open] EmptySun Feb 28, 2016 3:08 am

“Sure.”
This wasn’t so bad. It wasn’t bad at all. Teresa was quite proud of herself at that moment. Here she was, meeting people, getting settled in. No problem.
Of course, she needed to stop herself from asking her new acquaintance D'angelo a million questions, which was never an easy task with her.
“So, how long have you been going here um… to this school, not the entrance, obviously.”
Great, Terry! Just keep talking like this and he’ll think your gift is stuttering.
Again she ran a hand through her hair. It was an annoying habit of hers, which got worse when she was nervous.
Back to top Go down
Bloop

Bloop

PostSubject: Re: Off to a great start... [Open]   Off to a great start... [Open] EmptySun Feb 28, 2016 11:32 pm

"Hmmm Let's see... He thought about it for a second. "About five months or so." That seemed right. He had enrolled around the end of summer, which was near five or six months ago. He had one question on his mind. It was a common question that ran in his head whenever he met someone new at Beata. "If you don't mind me asking, What brings you here? More specifically, what is your gift?" The autumn asked curiously.
Back to top Go down
QuinnT

QuinnT

PostSubject: Re: Off to a great start... [Open]   Off to a great start... [Open] EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 8:43 am

“Well, I don’t know what the proper name for it is, but I create wind and control it.”
Her biggest concern with going to Beata was that, sooner or later, she’ll have to show her gift in front of someone else. She usually only used it in the comfort of her own home around family members. Better get used to it.
She closed her eyes and focused all her thoughts on creating a light breeze. First it touched her face and lifted her hair gently only to changed direction and face D'angelo before disappearing. She opened her eyes and smiled. She didn’t have to be ashamed. Not here.
“I came because I was having some trouble controlling it, to be honest. How about your gift?”
Back to top Go down
Bloop

Bloop

PostSubject: Re: Off to a great start... [Open]   Off to a great start... [Open] EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 10:00 pm

"Oh, how interesting. Sounds like it can be a handful. So basically a wind manipulator. He thought to himself as he felt a light breeze come out of nowhere. It was clearly Teresa's gift. He watched with amazement as the breeze lifted parts of her hair. Then it blew right past him. The cool breeze sent a chill to the back of his neck. "That's pretty impressive, Teresa." He said as he smiled back at her. D'angelo figured She was here to get a good grip on her gift. That's why most of the students were here for anyway. "My gift? Well it's.. He stopped himself before completely vanishing in front of her, Only to reappear behind her. "It's teleportation. He said as he made his way in front of her.
Back to top Go down
QuinnT

QuinnT

PostSubject: Re: Off to a great start... [Open]   Off to a great start... [Open] EmptyTue Mar 01, 2016 9:18 am

She was looking at him, eager for an answer, when he vanished completely right before her eyes in the middle of a sentence. I suppose that was a kind of an answer.
“Wow. Teleportation. Now, that’s impressive.”
While it was certainly fun controlling one of the elements, her gift was potentially harmful. Every time she had an emotional reaction to something, she caused a lot of damage. And what she feared most of all is that one day she’ll hurt someone unintentionally. She taught about teleportation for a while. It seemed fun and far safer.
“How about you point me to that main office?”
Back to top Go down
Bloop

Bloop

PostSubject: Re: Off to a great start... [Open]   Off to a great start... [Open] EmptyThu Mar 03, 2016 5:30 pm

"Sure thing. Its actually right over there." He pointed out the main office that was a few yards in front of them. They walked closer to it before he stopped and turned to Teresa."Well, here it is, the main office. Just go in there and tell them who you are and they should give you some paper work and other necessities. I could watch your luggage for you while you are in there. He said with a smile.
Back to top Go down
QuinnT

QuinnT

PostSubject: Re: Off to a great start... [Open]   Off to a great start... [Open] EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 3:51 am

She thought about it for a second.
“Fine.” she said and turned towards the main office leaving her suitcase with him. Then she turned back.
“You better not teleport somewhere with my stuff, because I could make the storm of the century if I get mad.” She smiled and quickly went into the office, unintentionally slamming the door with a wind gust.
Everything went pretty smoothly from there and she was done filling up paper work in minutes.
Back to top Go down
Bloop

Bloop

PostSubject: Re: Off to a great start... [Open]   Off to a great start... [Open] EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 12:28 am

"Don't worry, I won't run off with your stuff. I wouldn't want hurricane Teresa to happen anytime soon. He joked as he watched her head into the office. He stood there, arms folded, patiently waiting for the new girl to exit the building. A few minutes had gone by until Teresa had finished up her paperwork from the office. D'angelo gave a small wave before talking. "See? Nothing to worry about. Your luggage is still here." He said with his usual smile. "Shall I take you to the dorms next?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Off to a great start... [Open]   Off to a great start... [Open] Empty

Back to top Go down

Off to a great start... [Open]
Page 1 of 1