Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Sparklers [Open]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Coon
Flower King
Coon

Beata Bucks : 9436

Sparklers [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Sparklers [Open]   Sparklers [Open] EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 7:51 pm

Janaya looked at the massive body water before her. Well rather the lake. It wasn't that big but it was big enough for the girl. Water always made her uncomfortable, well except for baths and showers. Anything bigger than a small pool made the girl uncomfortable. If it was the ocean she would honestly run in terror. She hated large bodies of water, and the ocean just scared her. But this? This she could deal with at least she thought she could. She needed to get over her fear eventually.

With a soft sigh from the summer girl, her form was soon replaced with another form. The form took the shape of a dragon, but instead of scales, and eyes, it was a skeletal form. Bones stood out, and others jutted from the back of the boney figure, making the wings. Bits and pieces of rotten skin still clung to the wings, but that was the only skin on her whole figure. Her for feet sat on the ground, and horns, with barely any sharp port, came up from her skull. A pair on top, and in the middle pointed upwards while a bottom pair pointed downwards.

In her mouth sat a set of finely pointed teeth that could do some damage but not that much. Wear her nose should be just sat a ragged hole. Her eyes were just empty sockets, not light sat in them, no way to know where she was looking. The claws on her feet had sharp points to them that they dug into the ground slightly. Her tail flowed out in a pattern of bones until and thinned, into a point, and curled in slightly to avoid hitting any of the trees. The rib cage was big an empty, but it looks like something could fill it at any point.

The beast looked like it heaved out a sigh, and then lifted her head, her wings folding in to her sides. She turned her head slightly scanning the lake and the nearby forest, though it wasn't much of a sight difference since she stood at the same height as she did while she was in her human form. The dragon faced forward once again eyeing the water for a moment. Her boney wings spread once again, stretching out. With a heavy beat of her wings, and a jumped from her legs, the dragon went flying into the water, landing with a rather large splash, disturbing the lake's surface.

The skeletal form soon rose to the surface, water pouring free from places that once trapped it, like the nose, and the eyes. Water ran across the smooth surface of the ivory looking bones. Naya sat in the water for a moment before moving to the part of the shore were her clawed feet could touch the murk body of the small body of water. The dragon open her jaws and water came spilling out, she quickly closed it once it was gone, and settled for sitting in the lake water. Just sitting there looking slightly content.

The peace only lasted for a split second as the dragon stood quickly, and started running around in the shallow area of the water, splashing in the water much like a dog would when it saw water. Being bones it was hard to splash, and kick up water, but it seemed that Janaya didn't care. She kept going, occasionally stopping to lower her front half in a playful stance for picking up splashing, and kicking about once again. She didn't really cross in to the deeper part of the lake, not yet anyway.
Back to top Go down
Dementia

Dementia

Beata Bucks : 8869

Sparklers [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sparklers [Open]   Sparklers [Open] EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 7:12 pm

The forest was nice a serene, perfect for studying and reading and not shocking anyone or anything. Nothing in the forest conducted electricity except water and it was fairly dry outside, so Ash felt safe walking through the crunchy, dry leaves and around the trunks of trees, his thin nose pointed into a book, eyes barely noticing where he was going. It was the perfect solitude, how he hadn't found this place sooner, he had no idea. The forest was vast and large and he very often didn't enjoy the woods, but there weren't any students here and he hadn't noticed that there was nothing to shock before. So the forest was his new go to location when he needed quiet time.

The Spring walked slowly, his feet shuffling carefully across the ground so he wouldn't trip over any roots or fallen branches. Occasionally his foot found one or two strewn here or there but he would merely stumble before catching himself. When his red hair fell into his face he would blow it away or flick his head slightly one direction to get it to go away, but he didn't take the time to put it up or out of his face, it wans't like it was full of static like it usually was. Instead, it was nice and calm, there was nothing to be worried about when everything was so peaceful. That was, until everything became no longer peaceful.

This happened in a split second when Ash heard a loud splashing sound not very far away. His entire body lifted off the ground at least six inches and he instantly began to feel static charge coursing across his arms and over his head. What on Earth was that? Slowly he shut his book, tucking it into a pocket in his jacket (it was a small book) before slowly walking in the direction he had heard the splash. There were other water sounds, but nothing as loud as the first sound. At first he couldn't tell where it had come from, it was starting to settle and he no longer heard anything in the water. But after some walking he came across a rather large lake, though not the biggest he had seen, where there were ripples in the water.

And across from him, sitting silently on the other shore, was some odd, boney, dragon-like creature that sat what appeared to be not much shorter than him. From the distance it was hard to tell this, but Ash compared its size to other things behind it and the dragon thing wasn't very large. But what was it? Ash felt his static take over again, coursing anew across his arms and through his hair. He grabbed a hair tie from his pocket and began to put his hair up as suddenly, and quite out of nowhere, the creature began to move.

It frolicked and jumped and at first the tall student was unsure what it was trying to accomplish. When he took a closer look he realized it was playing. Water splashed up here and there, but not enough to soak someone unless they were in the water with the beast. It was truly the silliest thing Ash had ever seen. Yet it still frightened him a bit, kind of throwing him for a loop. Would it speak to him if he spoke to it? He really didn't want to try for fear of looking stupid, but this was a school full of gifted students, perhaps this was a student? Ash decided to step away from the trees and promptly got splashed a bit as it played passed him.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

Sparklers [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sparklers [Open]   Sparklers [Open] EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 7:52 pm

The beat continued to play in the water, not noticing the other student even slightly. Well slightly because of his scent, but since she was in the water, it was blocking it out, and hard to tell where anything was. She continued to gallop through the shallow part of the water. Her decently sharp claws allowing her to dig into the murky water, and propel herself forward. Her head was held high in delight. As her footsteps splashed up water. She was a decent distance from the boy when she stopped and jumped around in a bit in that certain spot, flinging around water.

She jumped around a bit more in that spot before she extended her wings once again. The skeletal creature lifted herself into the air again a decent amount, before tucking in her wings, and diving head first into the deep portion of the lake. She had a hard head she could take it if she hit the bottom. She seemed to be under the surface for a bit of time. It might have been alarming if she wasn't a skeletal creature. She didn't have lungs there fore she didn't need to breathe.

After time had passed, a shape could be seen moving in the water, just under the surface in the middle of the lake. Soon enough Janya broke the surface, shooting up into the air, and floating in the air for a split second as water ran down her ivory bones, and pour from her skull. The sort of majestic moment seemed to be over as soon as it began for the dragon landed on the shore right near the boy. She shook her head, getting rid of the last of the water that was trapped inside, and then froze. The direction of her head showing that she noticed the boy.

She sat there frozen for a second, but then in a flash a soaking wet girl replaced the dragon. Her face was red, and she knew he saw her frolicking, and playing around in the water. She rubbed the back of her wet head in embarrassment. "Well this is a bit embarrassing.. no one was supposed to see that but...." She trailed off.
Back to top Go down
Dementia

Dementia

Sparklers [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sparklers [Open]   Sparklers [Open] EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 4:12 pm

It was quite a majestic creature, really, the sun shone on its bones and allowed Ash to see each one in detail. There was decaying flesh hanging off of it in places, but it was almost entirely unnoticable from where he was and it didn't take away from the hidden beauty of the creature.

Jumping and splashing it played around the lake, stopping momentarily to do some splashing before diving in head first. Then it completely disappeared. For a moment Ash was worried that the thing wouldn't be safe under there for too long. Then he recalled the lack of internal organs inside of it and realized it didn't need to breath.

It wasn't too long before there was something moving in the water and suddenly, in a flash, the creature emerged in a splash, the sun shining off of its bones, hitting the smooth wet ivory perfectly. It was almost as if straight from a movie and Ash felt himself lose his breath for the split second in which it hung in the air.

And then it saw him.

For a short moment they stared at each other and then in a flash the creature was gone and replaced by a girl. Ash felt his breath disappear again, but this time it didn't seem to want to come back. The creautre had been beautiful and graceful. This was not to say the girl had some beauty of her own, but she was small and young, something Ash hadn't expected. In all honesty, he hadn't expected the creature to be a girl at all.

He really should have seen it coming at a school for gifted students, but it was still a shock.

And then she spoke. Ash almost didn't hear the words she said but when he did he wasn't sure what to say. "Uh, no, um, sorry. I shouldn't have been watching. I mean, staring. Uh, apologies." What was he supposed to do now? "I'm Ash. Is that your gift?" He asked, feeling his static race through his hair in small blue sparks.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

Sparklers [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sparklers [Open]   Sparklers [Open] EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 8:59 pm

Janya held up her hands in a passive manner to show the boy it was rather alright that he had been watching. "It's fine that you saw.. I can't exactly control would venture out here during free time.." She said running a single hand through her wet hair, slicking it back so that way it stayed off her face. Her face had a slight red tent to it from being embarrassed. "Oh, uh, I am Janya, and yes that is my gift. I can turn into a skeletal dragon at will, but I'm not that dangerous while in that form. My claws can barely cut a thing, and my fire feels like sticking your finger into hot wax. It doesn't hurt." She explained.

"And I didn't want anyone to see because I'm not really fond of water, but when I'm in my dragon form a I love the stuff. It's quite strange, but I knew I would act that way as soon as i went into my other form around such a large source of water." She said, a small smile going to her face with a slight giggle. "I'm just glad you weren't freaked out by my appearance, or thought I was some type of crazy person."

Last edited by Coon on Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dementia

Dementia

Sparklers [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sparklers [Open]   Sparklers [Open] EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 7:59 am

This girl seemed very friendly to Ash. She was kind of red and her wet hair clung to her face until she moved it away, but she was pretty nice for allowing this to be alright. He smiled and nodded when she said she couldn't control who came out here. [/color=#8aec33]"I'm Ash. That's really cool. I can't do anything nearly as amazing as that."[/color] He said with a laugh, not trying to come off jealous, even though there might have been a bit of jealousy in his tone.

Interesting, Ash thought. She spoke as if her dragon form was an entirely different person. Creature. "So when you do that it's not you controlling your body?" He asked, very curious to know how it worked. His power was so simple compared to hers. It was too bad he couldn't control it. "It wasn't too weird. At first I was shocked and totally freaked, but it's actually kind of elegant." He admitted to her.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

Sparklers [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sparklers [Open]   Sparklers [Open] EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 6:38 pm

This guy was nice, and she was glad he wasn't picking on how scary her form looked or how it looked slightly ugly. She would rather not deal with that. A small smile was on her face as the boy introduced himself. "Ash.." She repeated hoping to keep it in her memory. "I'm Janya, and my gift is pretty cool, but I'm pretty sure yours is cool as well." She said. She didn't like when people held her gift in such a high light. There were a lot of other great gifts. Well every gift was great, even if it wasn't on the offensive side.

She was kind of confused as to how he would infer that she wasn't herself when in her dragon form, but then she remember she was kind of explaining it that way. "Well, actually I still am myself, but since I'm technically undead in that form and lack a brain. I forget about simple dislikes, and fears. It's like I'm a dog in that form. I can identify things, and think simple thoughts but I can't form any complex thoughts." She explained. It was kind of weird that she was able to survive in that form, but it was a gift what were ya gonna do. She blushed a tiny bit at his compliment. "Oh, uh, thanks. I guess it was."
Back to top Go down
Dementia

Dementia

Sparklers [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sparklers [Open]   Sparklers [Open] EmptyTue Apr 26, 2016 5:39 pm

It wasn't really a bad looking creature. Ash kind of liked it, all the bones and the way it shined in the light. Maybe it was because it had been wet that he thought it was elegant or beautiful. It did look really nice when it was wet. Remembering names came easy to Ash so he didn't often repeat them to have to remember them. However, he didn't mind other peoples' name remembering techniques because it was like having different methods of study. "It's okay. All I can do is create simple static shock. Enough to numb a small area. Like if I shook your hand, you wouldn't be able to feel it for a while." It wasn't fantastic, but he did know that it was cooler than some. "Although, with you being wet, it would likely go further since water conducts electricity."

The way she spoke about herself in the dragon-like form made it sound very much like she turned into someone else. He listened intently as she explained how it really worked. "That makes sense. I imagine it must make it hard when you have to do things in that form then." Dogs knew commands, but they didn't always listen or do everything they were told. But that was still a pretty interesting way to think about it. Ash tucked a bit of hair behind his ear that had fallen off his head. Small pricks of static tickled his ear and connected with static on his finger tips as he did so.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

Sparklers [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sparklers [Open]   Sparklers [Open] EmptyTue Apr 26, 2016 7:14 pm

It was kind of weird that someone found her dragon form elegant, though it probably wasn't in appearance alone that it was elegant, it was probably the trick she did just a moment ago that he found elegant. It wasn't just her alone, it couldn't be. "Well numbing my hand for a while seems pretty cool. At least it doesn't sound as deadly as some of the other gifts I have seen. I mean my gift will be pretty deadly eventually, but I'm kinda glad it's not." She said. She didn't really want to go into anymore detail of how she was basically a mindless animal while in her dragon form, but at the same time she wasn't. It was strange but she wasn't going to question it too much seeing how there are people who can control the undead at this school. Janya decided a while ago tat she needed to meet this person and find out if this person can control her.
Back to top Go down
Dementia

Dementia

Sparklers [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sparklers [Open]   Sparklers [Open] EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 4:57 pm

The dragon form hadn't really had anything ugly about it, as far as Ash had seen. But she had been moving quickly and the water had been splashing everywhere, so it was likely he had just missed it. "Yeah, some of the gifts can be real deadly." How would someone deal with something so deadly? Ash would never be able to stand it.

"I don't think I would be able to either. I wouldn't want to have to risk killing someone every time I move or speak." It would definitely be interesting to see if a necromancer or someone with a similar gift could control Janya. There was a moment of silence where Ash ran his hands awkwardly through his hair, coming up with something to say. "So, how long have you been here?" That always seemed to be his leading question.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

Sparklers [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sparklers [Open]   Sparklers [Open] EmptyMon May 02, 2016 6:52 pm

Well her gift could be deadly if she was in a situation that required it, but she didn't think she would ever use it. She could't ever imagine using the deadly aspects of her gift, sure she wanted to learn how to control them and use them if necessary, but actually almost using it, or using it on another student appalled her. She cleared her head of those thoughts then looked back at the other kid. "I have been here for a little over a month I believe. My memory isn't allowing me to recall exactly how long." She answered.
Back to top Go down
Dementia

Dementia

Sparklers [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sparklers [Open]   Sparklers [Open] EmptyTue May 03, 2016 4:01 pm

It was likely Ash's power could be deadly, but only if someone was holding a good conductor and they had it near enough to their heart, but it was very unlikely he could kill anyone. And hopefully he would never need to. The idea of fighting made him restless. Hopefully he would never need to fight. "That's not very long. I've been here a few days. Or a week. I'm not quite sure." Ash responded.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

Sparklers [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sparklers [Open]   Sparklers [Open] EmptyTue May 03, 2016 7:33 pm

She shook her head. "No it's not. Some people have been here for a year or so, a few even longer. I have already learned a few things by being here, but there is still so much I have to learn. Like I can't change the size of my dragon form, I'm stuck to a certain size, and the amount of damage I can deal is very weak, but I can transform into the form and back pretty easily." She said. She couldn't wait to be up to her cousins level. To be able to change shape, and actually deal some damage would be nice.
Back to top Go down
Dementia

Dementia

Sparklers [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sparklers [Open]   Sparklers [Open] EmptyThu May 05, 2016 4:58 pm

It was crazy that people were there for a long time, but it did make sense since it was kind of a high school of sorts. So it made sense to be there for a while. "Yeah, that's one thing I look forward to. Being able to control my power and focus it to one area. Like out the tip of my finger." Ash said lifting his hand and watching as a small web of sparks danced between his fingers before disappearing. He had little control over it, mostly it was controlled by his emotions. "There's so much you can do with your power." It was an amazing power, Ash didn't mind his power but he wondered what it was like to have a power that could do more than get stronger.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

Sparklers [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sparklers [Open]   Sparklers [Open] EmptyThu May 05, 2016 5:55 pm

"There isn't that much I can do with my gift. Some people can do a whole lot more than I can. Like... uhh.... Well there is one guy that I know who can turn into different mythical creatures, and use their abilities or at least some of them." That guy could probably out do her rather easily. "And besides, everyone has a unique gift, with unique attributes to it, and different abilities. Who knows maybe one day, when you learn enough you will be able to do something amazing." She said encouragingly. She didn't like it when people thought lowly of themselves, gift wise counted in that too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sparklers [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sparklers [Open]   Sparklers [Open] Empty

Back to top Go down

Sparklers [Open]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next