Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

cookies cookies cookies we adore!! (closed)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lilac
Admin
Lilac

Beata Bucks : 11341

cookies cookies cookies we adore!! (closed) Empty
PostSubject: cookies cookies cookies we adore!! (closed)   cookies cookies cookies we adore!! (closed) EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 12:46 am

I'm sorry I keep doing these, but I'm also not sorry I keep doing these. CLICK

Mornings had never been her favorite, but this morning had been particularly unpleasant. She stood outside Autumn dorm 401, hair uncombed and eyes red from lack of sleep. She held a carton of eggs and a bag of sugar under one arm, and gave the door three swift knocks with the other. Noa looked at her watch, she was five minutes early per-usual and judging by his usual track record he would be a few minutes behind. Impatiently waiting for the door to open. she tapped a small little rhythm on the side of the egg carton and began to hum along.

Five minutes passed, Noa looked down at her feet and clicked the red toes of her shoes together. Her palms were oddly clamy and she could feel the figurative butterflies fluttering in her stomach. She was beginning to grow weary that he had forgotten. Had he heard her knocks? Noa furiously tried to calm her hair, cursing herself for wearing a hat. Who wears hats indoors anyways?
She took a deep breath, wiping her palms off on her shorts, before reaching out and knocking three more times in a swift and precise fashion. This time she immediately heard the door being unlocked. Her heart skipped a beat. Upon the door's opening, her cheeks flushed a furious shade of red and she offered out a meek, "uh- um... H-hey!" and gave a small wave with her free hand.
Back to top Go down
Frosty
Frosty

Beata Bucks : 11721

PostSubject: Re: cookies cookies cookies we adore!! (closed)   cookies cookies cookies we adore!! (closed) EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 9:43 pm

Jayden had rolled out of bed and straight to the door after the first three knocks pulled him from his pleasant dream. Fuck. Again and again, he argued that 'I'm really not as bad as you make me out to be, Noa. I'm not always late.' which was totally bull, because in all honesty, he was always late. Today included. He stumbled around his room, throwing on some sweats and a Blink-182 shirt that (he thought) seemed clean. His hair was pushed down, brushing against his eyebrows and reminding him he severely needed a haircut. Running his hand through it a few times, he made it to the door by the time Noa was knocking again.

He opened the door and leaned against the frame casually, as if he hadn't been running around like a chicken without its head just moments before. "Sorry to keep you waiting. Let me take that." He signed quickly before reaching out and taking the eggs and sugar from her hands, always the gentleman. He led her into the dorm towards the kitchen, figuring she'd make herself at home, considering she'd been there enough times for it to be like a second home to her.
Back to top Go down
Lilac
Admin
Lilac

PostSubject: Re: cookies cookies cookies we adore!! (closed)   cookies cookies cookies we adore!! (closed) EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 10:30 pm

He had been asleep, she knew it the moment she saw him. His hair was messy and his clothes were sloppy, but he was adorable and Noa smiled at the site of him. I'm used to it. She signed at him with a slightly raised eyebrow and a small smile so he knew she was joking, as she awkwardly slid past him and perched herself atop one of his kitchen stools.

Noa looked around the dorm, it felt cleaner since she had been here last, but it was still far too unorganized for her own spring tastes. Not that it mattered much to her, she wasn't here to criticize she was here to help her best friend bake some... wait a second. "Hey-- Jaii." The girl spoke softly, afraid to wake his roommates, but loud enough to get his attention before switching back to sign language. What is it I'm helping you make again?
Back to top Go down
Frosty
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: cookies cookies cookies we adore!! (closed)   cookies cookies cookies we adore!! (closed) EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 10:44 pm

Setting the goods down on the counter, he looked over at the sound of her soft voice. He leaned back against the counter, watching her hands with a soft smile of his own on his face. She had come far from the first time she signed for him. Occasionally, he'd have to help her with a word that she hadn't used yet, and sometimes she'd sign the wrong word by mistake, but whenever they were together, a warm feeling would spread through his heart at the constant reminder of her determination. Nobody else had tried so hard to learn, just to be able to talk to him.

"Peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies." They were something he had been crazing in the last fews day, something his mother would occasionally make from scratch when she was in a baking mood. He had asked her to make him some, and she had sent him the recipe instead, telling him to do it himself. He'd been a bit bummed, but the craving had motivated him. So he'd asked Noa to bring the stuff he didn't have, figuring he needed an extra pair of hands for the task ahead.

He, after all, had no idea what he was doing.
Back to top Go down
Lilac
Admin
Lilac

PostSubject: Re: cookies cookies cookies we adore!! (closed)   cookies cookies cookies we adore!! (closed) EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 12:41 pm

Ahh, she should have known, Jayden had expressed his enthusiasm for the cookies many times, Noa had remembered because she had specifically taken note of it...  Just in case, because what else were friends for? Besides, the way Jayden had described them, Noa had found them hard to forget.

Which was why she found herself very excited to try the recipe, giving her friend a quick, enthusiastic nod, as she basically hopped into the kitchen. This was so exciting, although she was a bit worried given that the only ingredients or materials that had been set out were the ones she brought, and if she was correct, these cookies would required a bit more than just eggs and sugar. Noa glanced up at Jayden with a raised brow, trying to decide if he had a game plan, although she already knew the answer, she was the organized one in this friendship.

Okay first we need the recipe, She signed timidly, careful not to seem too overbearing or bossy. And we need to get the ingredients out too. She was always like this, no matter how close the two got, she still found herself idly waiting for the go-ahead from him, before actually initiating things on her own. That's why as she instructed him politely, she still waited for him to start searching for items before joining in. It wasn't really like she was scared to do it herself, but it was a habit. She remembered her own father's uncompromising prompts to her as a child in moments like this: it wasn't polite or attractive for girls to be too independent and to be a proper lady, the girl must always wait for the consent of their superior. And Noa, as a strict rule follower and people-pleaser, had utterly stuck to her father's guidelines, and unfortunately let this idea dictate her actions in all walks of life.

No matter, she was still as happy now as she ever was, for she loved to bake, and unlike Jayden she knew exactly what she was doing. That was all thanks to her position at the bakery, which she had been sure she had told her friend about... but thinking back on it, perhaps she hadn't. Noa had only been employed for a few days after all, and it had been almost a week since the two had seen each other last. She loved the job, she really did, even despite the fact that she had to interact with people constantly. Going to work was something she looked forward to every day, and even better was the fact that she always smelled like baked goods. "Oh- I uh-- almost forgot to tell you!" She spoke only loud enough to get his attention again, before switching back to sign language. I got that job at the bakery!
Back to top Go down
Frosty
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: cookies cookies cookies we adore!! (closed)   cookies cookies cookies we adore!! (closed) EmptyTue Jul 12, 2016 12:52 am

Jayden definitely didn't have a game plan in this situation- hell, Jayden didn't have a game plan in any situation. He had the recipe, the ingredients, and that was pretty damn good for him. That's where Noa came in. She was the order to his chaos, the eye to his storm. They were a good team, the two of them. A good pair, balancing each other out.

He tried to hide the smirk pulling at his lips as she began 'ordering' him around shyly. He feigned a salute to her, before quickly signing, "Aye aye, captain," Unable to stop himself from teasing her lightly. He pulled his phone from his pocket, pulling up the recipe and handing it to her before turning to the fridge, rummaging around for the rest of the ingredients. The soft sound of Noa's pulled his focus back to her, and he watched her hands intently. A genuine smile lit up on his face. He remembered the way Noa had been so worried about getting the job, despite him constantly reassuring her that they'd be stupid not to hire her. "Hell yeah! Told you you'd get it."

He looked away for a moment to grab the rest of the ingredients. He carried them to the counter, all focus deadset on the teetering pile in his arms. He lowered everything to the counter slowly, grinning as he accomplished the task without making a mess of the kitchen before turning back to Noa expectantly, as if he was ready for the next order.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: cookies cookies cookies we adore!! (closed)   cookies cookies cookies we adore!! (closed) Empty

Back to top Go down

cookies cookies cookies we adore!! (closed)
Page 1 of 1