Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Winona [open]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

Beata Bucks : 12358

Winona [open] Empty
PostSubject: Winona [open]   Winona [open] EmptyThu Dec 01, 2016 11:39 pm

She shielded her eyes from the sun to get a better look, a pale white disc in a snow-streaked sky. December's first snow was a wet and dirty kind of slush, the kind that clung to your boots and melted into mucky puddles before noon. Just enough to slip on, but nothing to get excited about. Trying to fling snowballs out of this kind of crap would've been like shoveling around handfuls of bird shit. Just mush and water.

Poppy kicked at a stone, watching it clatter across the bricks. Her old knapsack was slung over her shoulder, patched and falling apart at the seams, with half a hundred different colorful pins poked into the tortured canvas. When they'd said that it was in North Dakota, she was expecting a run-down little prairie school swallowed up by wheat, so this was a pleasant surprise. She tapped at the rock again, humming to the rhythmic skip against the ground. A fancy fountain, a nice old fashioned mansion kind of feel, sloping mountains that reminded her of home. Yeah, it was pretty rad looking. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad after all.

Her toe connected with the rock, and with a sudden CRACK, it shot out like a bullet. She blinked just as it chipped off the side of the marble fountain, breaking off a chunk of white stone that landed with a plop in the water, and ricocheted toward the front office. There was a hideous crash of shattering glass. Poppy wrinkled her nose at the carnage. "Ah, gee..."

Woops.

Last edited by Sleepy on Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ice
Ice Ice Baby
Ice

Beata Bucks : 9416

Winona [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winona [open]   Winona [open] EmptySat Dec 03, 2016 9:27 pm

Jumping at the random crashing sound, Renji looked up from his phone that he'd been playing Great Gun Commando on. To spare the boring details, it was a game about shooting stuff and being a guy, he just had to play it. Of course, it was kind of odd to find a guy playing his phone out in the snow, and quite truthfully, at this point, his hands were freezing. But he needed to focus and this was the only place he'd be able to accomplish what he wanted. Having tried to beat it about a hundred times, his score was pretty high, but with this distraction, the unsettling beep of the "You Lost" message made him focus back on the game. "Dammit!" The Winter cursed, clenching his fist. He had been so close to beating his high score and now, it was all for nothing.

Letting out an angry huff, Renji looked from the fountain that now had a big chunk missing to a girl who stood not too far away. By the way she observed the school, she was obviously new and knowing that getting that far in the game again would take ages, put his phone in his pocket. "Ya know you could've taken an out with that thing," Renji stated, standing up and making his way over to the girl, his hands in his pockets. The student's long, orange hair was lined with a thin layer of snow and the bottom of his jacket dripped water from the splash from the rock. Usually he loved meeting new girls and although he was still pissed, he might was well be friendly, even if she'd made him screw up.

Turning back around to take another look at the fountain, Renji looked back to the girl with a raised eyebrow. Jesus, did she have super strength or something?
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

Winona [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winona [open]   Winona [open] EmptySun Dec 04, 2016 5:49 pm

Gift discharge. That was the fancy schmancy pants name for it. It was more like wetting the bed. Shit, it was embarrassing, but you had to extend a little bit of sympathy. She would've thought breaking windows, on accident or on purpose, would've been a common theme around here. Poppy glanced over with her hands in her pockets just as the boy walked over, long girly hair and a sour sort of look on his face. It looked like her little accident didn't come without victims. "Nice to meet you too," she drawled back unfazed, holding out a hand as he made his way toward her. Damn, that hair though. "This is kinda sudden, but what shampoo do you use?" Important questions first, greetings later.

Last edited by Sleepy on Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ice
Ice Ice Baby
Ice

Winona [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winona [open]   Winona [open] EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 12:16 pm

Like anyone would have been, Renji was somewhat taken aback by her question. What shampoo does he use? Now that he thought about it, he didn't really know. Well, he knew what it was, but in the heat of the moment couldn't remember the exact brand name. "Uh, I don't really know. Let's just say it's something that makes my hair gorgeous," the tall student added, a smug smile on his face. It was the oddest question for someone to ask having just met, but okay.

"Nice to meet ya too. The name's Renji; a classy saxophone player and a gentleman of a playboy," shaking the girl's hand, he was half expecting to be shocked or something along those lines. Her question may have been a bit weird, but being weird back wasn't going to do anything for him. Besides, she seemed pretty chill, so it wasn't like anything was really going to happen.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

Winona [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winona [open]   Winona [open] EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 6:31 pm

That just sounded evasive. What kind of dark secret lurked in those glossy ginger locks? Virgin's blood? Semen? Poppy was just glad to crack a smile out of him. Something that made his hair gorgeous, got it. "I'll add it to my shopping list," she responded flatly, giving the tall boy's hand a firm shake without a change in expression. Saxophone player. Gentleman. Self-declared playboy. Out of the three, she was pretty sure you could only pick a combination of two. Those were just the rules, or something. "My name's Poppy. Like... the heroin flower." She couldn't say she'd ever met someone named Renji, but she'd never met another Poppy either, so fair was fair. "I don't think I'm much of anything yet." Resident window breaker? Poppy pulled her hand back into her pocket.
Back to top Go down
Ice
Ice Ice Baby
Ice

Winona [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winona [open]   Winona [open] EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 6:58 pm

Like the heroin flower, an interesting choice of words. He never expected a girl to compare herself to a drug and she was definitely an interesting one. Good thing he liked interesting. "You're a heroin flower? 'Cause I'm already addicted," it probably the cheekiest thing he'd ever said but come on, how could he pass down a perfect opportunity like that? Besides, it wasn't all a joke, for he had to admit, she was a pretty decent looking girl and being a guy, Renji just couldn't help himself.

"Not much of anything? Look what you did to the fountain! That's definitely something," the tall student started, flipping his hair out of his face and putting his hands back into his pockets. "A badass if anything," he added, in an innocent yet sincere sort of way, a relaxed smile on his face. Unlike most guys, he wasn't the type to get nervous around girls, seeing he'd been with so many in the past...
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

Winona [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winona [open]   Winona [open] EmptyMon Dec 05, 2016 9:15 pm

Poppy blinked. "You must have a low tolerance of me then," she responded, unfazed. She'd never thought of being compared to heroin as a good thing, but hey, she'd take compliments where she could get them. Did that mean she was putting him to sleep too? So many questions... Her eyes glazed over the broken fountain, the corners of her lips twitching at the damage. 'Badass' was a strong word for something that had been a complete accident. Less like Beowulf, and more like Bella Swan breaking plates. Maybe if she sidled away, no one would notice it was her. "It's all good, holmes." The last thing she needed was for him to overdose in his pants. "You don't have to salvage my self-esteem."
Back to top Go down
Ice
Ice Ice Baby
Ice

Winona [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winona [open]   Winona [open] EmptyTue Dec 06, 2016 8:31 pm

Well, that was fun, but now he assumed she wanted to get settled in to her dorm, for her trip had to have been pretty long. "Well, I guess we should get you checked in. If you'd like, I'd be glad to show you around," the orange haired student replied, somewhat changing the subject and feeling a bit weird about it when the words were already out. Well, what ever. They should probably get moving on anyway, his nose was freezing!
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

Winona [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winona [open]   Winona [open] EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 12:05 pm

OOC: Sorry I'm so randomly late answering, I'll be faster for now on (hopefully).

She sniffed and wiped her nose with her finger, not at all lady-like. "I guess we should," she answered, letting her gaze wander over the school's facade. It looked haunted. It looked huge. Neato. "I have a crummy sense of direction. My nana said my ma dropped me on the head when I was a baby, and now my whatchamadoodle is super whack. My cerebellum thing? So now I walk into walls and forget where I am." Plus, the unfortunate side effect of liking rock music. When she started Kindergarten, they made her take the bus, but she never got off at the right stop, so they made her walk from then on. That didn't help her get any less lost, but it did stop her from ending up on the complete wrong end of town. She kept a deadpan expression the entire time, making it impossible to tell if she was joking. "Anyway, it's kind of a bummer. Lead the way, Lassie. I'm right behind you."
Back to top Go down
Ice
Ice Ice Baby
Ice

Winona [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winona [open]   Winona [open] EmptySun Dec 11, 2016 2:32 pm

OOC: No worries, apologies from me as well >< (also sorry for the shit post)

IC: Making their way to the grand double doors that went to the lobby, Renji listened to the girl and couldn't help but let out a small chuckle. "Well, that's why I'm here, to help ya out, I guess," he added in between her talking. Well, so much for getting back to his game. Grabbing the ice cold door handle, he opened it and motioned with his hand to the room inside, in a gentleman sort of way. "Ladies first," the orange hair student added, giving her a quick wink.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Winona [open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winona [open]   Winona [open] Empty

Back to top Go down

Winona [open]
Page 1 of 1