Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Lost in the world of music!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mimizmiley

mimizmiley

Beata Bucks : 12034

Lost in the world of music! Empty
PostSubject: Lost in the world of music!   Lost in the world of music! EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 9:21 pm

"Kylie Galen looked up from the slice of pepperoni pizza on the fine china plate and tried to ignore the ghost swinging the bloody sword right behind her grandfather and great-aunt. Her new found family members were … good people, but a tad on the proper side. And proper people probably wouldn't appreciate an uninvited ghost getting their dining room walls bloody.
The spirit, a female, dark flowing hair, in her early thirties, stopped in mid-swing and stared directly at Kylie. You kill or be killed. It’s really rather simple. The words reverberated in Kylie’s head. They were communicating telepathically, and considering the topic being discussed, that was probably for the best.
That’s not simple, Kylie shot back. And I’m trying to eat, so would you mind leaving?
That’s rude, the ghost said. You’re supposed to help spirits. You need to abide by your guidelines.
Kylie twisted the cloth napkin she’d placed in her lap. Okay, was there something written in the rule books about a ghost whisperer having to be polite to obnoxious spirits?
Oh, wait, she didn't have a freaking rule book, or guidelines. She was winging it. Winging everything, in fact: ghost whispering, being a supernatural, being someone’s girlfriend.
Being someone’s ex-girlfriend!
Lately it felt like she was winging her whole damned life, and making a fine mess of things, too. Like her decision to leave Shadow Falls, the camp/recently turned boarding school for paranormal teens. It had felt like the right thing to do at the time.
Had." 

Losing concentration, Mimi stopped her reading and proceeded to look out the window. She had arrived at Beata Academy a few hours earlier with a small briefcase. Inside she had a few belongings and clothes. She didn't brought much, since her parents gave her enough money to buy some new things on her new "home". She also had a few books and her precious music player; she doesn't go anywhere without it. Not knowing anything about the place since she was what some would call, "fresh meat" she wondered off alone. Being new, she didn't know where the main office was located, and being a shy and very introverted girl she decided on trying to find out where it was, by herself. And that was how she ended up on one of the studios on campus. 

Resting her head on the palm of her hand, she returned her gaze to the instruments on the room. She could see a few guitar cases, a piano and other instruments she hasn't got time to try and play. Mimi looked back at the words on the book, now resting on her lap. A small sigh could be heard coming out of her mouth. "Why did I have to come here? I don't see the difference between this school and the one before..." Another sigh could be heard coming from her; closing the book on her lap she went back to look out the window. The day was beautiful, the blue sky had almost no clouds and the birds could be seen flying around. If she weren't so timid, she would have been trying to look for someone who could help her get to the main office or try to meet new "friends". Shaking her head, a sad smile appeared on her face. "Maybe I'll wait for someone to find me; besides is not like I'll be missing any classes. And I could try to find the main office after I play a bit...."  Standing up from her spot, she walked to the guitar cases and picked one up. Taking the guitar, she placed it on her lap and started to tune it. After completing this task, she proceeded to play one of her favorite melodies. Playing this, she started to sing the lyrics to the song. Although, she mixed it up by inserting some Spanish into the song. She was very proud of her half-Puertorican and half-Japanese heritage. That's why she often leaned towards Spanish songs than traditional Japanese music. 

“When the night has come and the land is dark. Y la luna es la luz que brilla ante mí. Miedo no, no tendré, oh I won’t, no me asustare. Just as long as you stand, stand by me. And darling, darling stand by me, oh stand by me. Oh stand, junto a mí, junto a mí. 

Y aunque las montañas o el cielo caiga. No voy a preocuparme porque se, que tu estas, junto a mí. No llorare, no llorare oh, I won’t shed a tear. Porque se, que tu estas junto a mi. And darling, darling stand by me, oh stand by me. Oh stand, stand by me, stand by me. 

And darling, darling stand by me, oh stand by me. Oh stand, junto a mí, junto a mí. And darling, darling stand by me, oh stand by me. Oh stand, junto a mí, junto a mí.” 

Mimi had a great singing voice, but she was extremely shy. This prevent her from performing in front of anyone. Though at the moment she was so into the song that, if anyone were to come in she wouldn't be able to notice.

Last edited by mimizmiley on Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:42 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : correcting some errors....)
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

Beata Bucks : 9682

PostSubject: Re: Lost in the world of music!   Lost in the world of music! EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 5:38 am

i cannot compete with your post. ;___; forgive me.

"Wow. Bravo."

A young man leaned against the doorway, his golden gaze shining and locked on the strange girl whom he'd never seen before. In all complete honesty, the only reason that he had been able to recognize the song was because of the melody, and a little help from the short bouts of English - but even that set aside. It was a classic and there probably wasn't a soul on this earth who didn't know it, unless they live in an extremely deep hole. He'd never heard it sung in Spanish, though. And her voice, This boy had been raised in a family that greatly appreciated the power of music, and there was no denying this voice was both powerful and beautiful. It was kinda funny, though. It didn't seem to match the appearance.

Jason tapped the end of his violin bow gently against the floor, a smile on his face. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to intrude or anything. I just - uh..." He frowned, looking thoughtful for a few moments. Actually, he had been practicing his instrument here for quite a while - with his brother at some point - before he thought he'd go get a bite to eat. The autumn boy didn't expect anyone to be back when he'd return. "Great timing, I guess." He smirked and shrugged. "You have an awesome talent, though." The boy commented lightly, tilting his head and trying to get a good look at her. She didn't seem familiar, and he usually remembered faces fairly well. Was she another new student?
Back to top Go down
https://beataacademy.rpg-board.net
mimizmiley

mimizmiley

PostSubject: Re: Lost in the world of music!   Lost in the world of music! EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 2:19 pm

"Wow. Bravo."

The moment she heard a noise from the door Mimi’s fingers fumbled with the strings, bringing forth a somewhat ugly tune from the guitar that made her cringe a little. Slowly she turned to look at the person in the doorway, shocked to see that someone had actually been standing there. Listening to her. "Oh Jesus, how long had he been there? Does he really think I'm that good?" 

Mimi shifted awkwardly on the bench and lowered her hands from the strings, shaking her head in such a way that some of her dark brown hair was thrown into her face. It did a somewhat good job at hiding the blush that Jason’s compliment brought on. Her hands started to shake in nervousness so she decided to put the guitar down, it would be a bad thing if something were to happen to the beautiful instrument. "Thank you very much for the compliment. although if I were to know you were there listening to me, I don't think it would have sounded the same...." Her gaze dropped down to the floor to hide, her still red face from his earlier praise.. Fidgeting with her hands, she took deep breaths to try calm down the flow of blood directing to her face, before returning her gaze to the blonde, golden-eyed stranger. 

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to intrude or anything. I just - uh...Great timing, I guess. You have an awesome talent, though." 

Shaking her head she gave him a small smile, her green eyes glowing with gentleness. "Oh, there is no need to apologize. I should have notice you there in the first place, besides I'm g-glad you l-liked it..." She scolded herself mentally for stuttering. "Way to show how weak you are, Mimi...." Though, as soon as she noticed the violin in his hand she couldn't help but completely smile. She stood up and quickly made her way over to him. "You p-play too?" She asked him, though it was a stupid question since he surely wouldn't be carrying a violin around if he didn't play. "I w-would really like to hear y-you play sometime, if you want that is...." The idea made her grin a bit. Hearing another person who enjoy music as much as her, play, would be something she would surely enjoy. 

Suddenly a gasp left her lips, she had realized that she had been so nervous that she forgot all about introductions. Extending her hand, she proceeded to tell him her name. "I'm very sorry, I guess I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Mimi Takawa. I'm a new student here at Beata Academy, nice meeting you. What's your name?" Is like her personality did a 180 degree change. The smile on her face after her introduction was one of confidence and without any fears at all. Though, that was expected of a strange girl like her. And believe it or not; Mimi was a strange girl with many secrets, indeed.
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: Lost in the world of music!   Lost in the world of music! EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 9:53 pm

The young man nodded his head a few times, as if he were agreeing with her that that made sense. "Really? You don't strike me as the type to get stage fright." Jace shrugged, tilting his head and leaning forward a bit to try and get a better look at her. Oh, was she blushing? He wasn't sure, but the thought it made his smile grow a bit more. Suppose he's just a jerk like that. "I suppose I'm just lucky that I came here when I did. Would've been a shame to miss that show." He looked at the girl again curiously, with her burnette hair and colored eyes. Well, he wasn't an ethnic expert, but there was only one other person here who could speak Spanish, and she looked nothing like them. He supposed it wasn't a big deal, though, just a thought to ponder on.

The autumn didn't mind the stuttering at all, and was honestly quite used to it - one of his good friends being rather shy herself. All it told him that he'd just have to be a little more careful with what he said around this stranger. Jace noticed her eye his instrument and walk right on up to her, a huge smile on her face. Or maybe not? "Yeah... Its kinda a thing in my family." He explained, shrugging his shoulder and bringing it up from the floor. It was old, but well taken care of. "Everyone knows how to play something... My mom taught me to sing too, but - damn, not as good as that, though." He said with a light laugh, referring to her own voice. He looked a bit surprised that she'd want to her him. "Eh, I don't know..." Jason rubbed the back of his neck, "I play so much around the school already, I'm sure people get sick of it." He joked, though he wouldn't be surprised if it were true. "Maybe, we could play together sometime?"

He stuck the violin bow under his arm and took her hand in his slickly, shooting her a sly smile. "Mimi. That's an interesting name." he mused, and he sure hoped she was a new student here. He wouldn't be sure what to think if she wasn't. "I'm Jason Wright - you can call me Jace, though." He shook her hand, holding on a little longer than he probably should've. "So, Mimi, what are you here for?"
Back to top Go down
mimizmiley

mimizmiley

PostSubject: Re: Lost in the world of music!   Lost in the world of music! EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 1:09 pm

This time she wasn't able to hide her blushing face when he complimented her voice. "Thank you." Though, at the suggestion that people might be sick from hearing him play, her smile grew bigger. "I personally don't think is possible to get sick of music. After all, to me it seems that music makes everyone's life seem less boring than it is." Looking at him, she suddenly turned serious. "Though, I don't agree us playing together, would be a good idea. Like I told you before, I don't usually play in front of anyone." Walking back to where she was playing the guitar,  before he interrupted, she sat back down. Her gaze now on the floor, she fidgeted with her hands. "I remember a time when I used to perform in front of my family. I used to sing for them at family reunions and events, but after what happened, I d-don't think I'll be able to go back and performed like I used too." "Why am I telling all this to someone I just met? Is it worthy? Am I putting myself in danger by doing this?" Mimi didn't know why she was spilling parts of her life to this boy she just met, but the thought of getting rid of all her pent up feelings seem like a good idea at the moment. Maybe the reason she felt comfortable around him, was their mutual love for music. 

His next question caught her of guard, her eyes instantly going back to his frame. "W-Why am I here?" Looking back down she lost herself in her thoughts. 

"Mimi, I know this is hard for you but I think it would be safer, if you go to Beata Academy. They have people there just like you and they can help you control your ability." Those were her father's words before she boarded the plain to the academy, but she knew the real reason why he sent her away. He was trying to hide her from her uncle, he knew he was still looking for her and he wanted Mimi to be in a safe place where he wouldn't be able to find her. 

Coming back to her senses, she looked back at Jace and smiled. "I came here to become stronger, to control my ability and to be safe. That is until the time comes for me to go back home and face my fears." Though it wasn't the whole truth, it wasn't a complete lie either. Looking back down, she picked the guitar from the floor and placed it back on it's case. "Oh, and I also came here to try and fulfill my dad's wish of making at least a friend that he could meet in the future. He thinks I spent to much time alone, though I disagree with him. I just like spending my time doing music and it just so happens that for me to do that, I need to be alone." Finishing her sentence, she returned her green eyes back to Jace. "Well, enough talking about me. What about you, Jace? Why did you came here for?"  
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: Lost in the world of music!   Lost in the world of music! EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 6:22 pm

Jace nodded his head at her statement, thinking that the world didn't appreciate the sound of music near as much as they probably should - it was influencing around the entire world, and he couldn't imagine his own life without it. He wouldn't even be the same person. "Can't argue with that." He mused, crossing his arms together and raising an eyebrow curiously. "Really? Not just you and me? I mean, I've heard you once, I'm not sure why you couldn't pull it off again." The young man shot her a strange look. "After what happened...?" He repeated under his breath. Jason tried to imagine a scenario in which someone would be afraid to perform again and could only come up with ideas that would be embarrassing, but not to the degree of refusing to jam with a single person.

Although the answer was rather amiss, this seemed to be enough for Jace - he smiled and nodded, brushing quietly pass her and grabbed a chair of his own across the room, his stand with music sheets already out where he had left them. "Well, you came to the right place." He mused, though that was before she had finished. She didn't have any friends? He frowned again, "Does no one like music where you come from?" The autumn asked. He said nothing for a few moments. He didn't mind talking about himself, but he didn't think it was all that terrible learning about others either. "Well, my parents mostly I guess. My father's the headmaster and my mother is the school nurse." He muttered, shrugging and smirking a little. "I've pretty much grasped understanding of my power." His golden gaze flicked back to her. What was her gift?
Back to top Go down
mimizmiley

mimizmiley

PostSubject: Re: Lost in the world of music!   Lost in the world of music! EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 9:35 pm

Chuckling, she shook her head. "Is not that no one likes music from where I come from, is just that I'm what many would call a loner." Smiling, she looked straight into his golden eyes. Suddenly, a small smirk appeared on her face at the mention of him being the son of the headmaster and the nurse of the school. "So, you are basically like royalty around here? Do I need to be more careful with my words, around you?" "Where the heck did that came from.....?" Mimi couldn't believe how confident her words had sounded. "Why do I keep acting so unusual?" Mimi couldn't help but ask herself that question while staring at the boy. Dismissing the thoughts quickly, she decided to give in and try to play with him a bit. "Maybe if actually try it, I would stop fearing it...." With that in mind, Mimi re-opened the guitar case and took the instrument out. Placing it back in her lap, she strummed on the strings a bit. "Forget what I just said...Let's try and play something together, so at least I could actually say that I tried. Oh!, and I think is pretty cool that you already understand your gift well. I, on the contrary, have no idea when or how it happens; though that's why I came here. To learn how to control it better..." Strumming on another set of strings she closed her eyes and concentrated on the notes that came from the instrument, letting them dance around her. As she opened her eyes green met gold, as both gazed at one another. "You can pick the song if you want." 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lost in the world of music!   Lost in the world of music! Empty

Back to top Go down

Lost in the world of music!
Page 1 of 1