Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Quietly Doing Music

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

Beata Bucks : 10674

Quietly Doing Music Empty
PostSubject: Quietly Doing Music   Quietly Doing Music EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 3:09 am

From the outside of the studios, there is a soft sound. It was soft, yet elegant, graceful, and pleasing to listen to. A piano was playing a melody with the bass, combining together as one to create a beautiful soothing rhythm. And a girl who didn't even seem like she could have the voice for it, was singing. Although her voice was overpowered by the piano, at least it was audible through the mic she was using. Her fingers softly touched the keys of the piano, her hands sweeping and freely flowing across its surface, cascading sounds playing and echoing from the room. Taking a deep breath, she began to replay with a more melancholy tone, her foot slowly pushing the furthest right pedal and quickly interchanging within intervals. And, she began to sing of a story that happened to her when she was too sick to go outside.

The song's story showed through the view of her only actual friend before he passed away. He had visited her everyday where she stayed in bed, unable to go outside because the air outside wasn't right for her to breath from. She had to have help from some sort of machine. He always talked to her, and everyday, brought her fake flowers because she couldn't have real ones. She then started talking about wanting to go outside to see a real flower. One day it rained hard, so she thought that the air was clear enough for her to go outside. She had to stay underground all the time - the air was too polluted for her to breath in, it was a disease on her. So, just when it rained, she had foolishly believed it was clear enough. Weakly climbing up the stairs, she had opened the doors even when her friend told her not to. And she collapsed, fallen into a comma. She heard from Kearn that before his car accident when he passed away, he had always created her a batch of fake flowers, making a garden where she slept and at night, prayed that she'd wake up. She woke up too late. Her brother had managed to cure her when he found out that he could give her more time, but it was too late then. She couldn't say good-bye or exchange words with him anymore.

~~~~

Flashback

There was a knocking on the door, a silent tapping consecutively sounding. And within a few moments, it opened, and there, a young boy around 9 came in. He was the athletic kind, a bandana around his head, and a blue jacket on. He came in, giving a nod of acknowledgement to the slightly older boy who had opened the door for him. What was odd was that he had a paper flower in his hand. Going downstairs to the basement of the home, there was a bed and there, there was Lamia.

"Lamia, I'm here!" he called cheerfully, hoping to bring her spirits up, and placed the fake flower in the vase beside her bed.

"Oh... hi..."

Dead silence. Wondering how he could lighten her mood, he asked her, "Lamia, what have you been drawing in your story book? I'd love to see what you've come up with!

The girl looked back at him, giving her the book in which she had been painting in. Her pictures were in the style of a child's story book, having a fantasy feel. It was professionally made and each picture showed how hard it had been worked on with its effort and time. The quality was elegant and fine, much better than anything he'd seen in awhile.

The story in the book told of a young girl who was a princess. One day, a star fell out of the sky, and was lost, looking for its mother. The girl had helped the star look day and night, hoping to find clues. But they never did. Soon, she came up with the idea that they should build a ship and fly into space to find her. And they did. They didn't know how long they would be up there, but for too long. Where the girl had lived, she cried, she was stuck where she could not go. Her tears formed that of crystallized stars and from them, were born like the star that had fallen from the sky. They called her "mama", and she raised them like children, feeling that although this wasn't her wish, it was where she belonged.

"A story like this... It's really nice," the boy didn't know what to say. It was so filled with sorrow and pain, it hurt a bit too much to think that she had hurt like this ever since the incident where she had killed so many. She wasn't a freak, just misguided. No one listened to him though.

The next day, it rained... Hard. He came in with another flower and Lamia looked more cheerful, looking out the window from the basement. She saw the rain.

"I'm going outside - it'll be clear enough for me to breath and see real flowers like I told you before a few days ago."

Actually, she's seen them before. She'd only been diagnosed with the disease a year ago, and had stayed in bed ever since. It did make her miss the outside world, and at the same time, not so much. She'd wanted to see real flowers before once again, but they didn't help her. She was convinced that the air was clear enough.

"Uhmm... I don't think you should-"

And he was cut off. She was already rushing up the stairs as fast as she could, despite her fragile condition. And he followed her. By the time he got up, she had already collapsed. Kearn wasn't home, he had left her in his care so that he could go buy more food with their parents. What was he going to do?

"Lamia...! Wake up, please!"

She wouldn't respond - she couldn't. With the best of his efforts, he had done the one thing he had never revealed to anyone - use his gift of levitation. Bringing her back to her bed, he quietly looked at all the paper she had left stacked. He quickly worked and worked, using his powers to create a whole garden of flowers. It may not be real, but he just hoped they would please her when she woke up.

Everyday, he went back to make more, hoping they would help in her some way. He always asked God, prayed that he would wake her up.

She woke up, but too late. That same day she woke up, four years later, he had been involved within a car accident and died during the time. She had woken up to see his work and never have the ability to thank him.

"I'm so sorry..."

Lamia had vowed then, to always remember him, keeping the flowers he made, and not to fall in love with another. She loved him, but never knew what to say. Now, he was gone, and she was left with no one who could make her feel the same way. It may have been truly young love, but it was as true it could get.

~~~~~

She had sang this song for him, in memory. She still did all she could for whatever she can to remember him. But, her life wouldn't be the same. She had hurt Kearn and she had hurt him. She didn't want to be involved with social things, she didn't want to bother with the school dance coming up. But, she sort of had to. She didn't want to be away from the only person she had left. Lamia didn't know what would happen to him.

Right now, she had a white rose that boy had crafted her. They were so elegantly done, she had to keep them. But, Lamia couldn't help but feel so depressed every time she looked at one. If she could only bring him back... But she had no powers of resurrection. Only to steal others' time. She hadn't been blessed with the gift to give others time like Kearn, she could only take. It frustrated her, but she couldn't change it.

Her voice faltered at the end when she sang the words that came about him praying she would wake up. She couldn't stand it anymore. Something no one would expect from her - maybe except Kearn - she burst into tears. She had been in a coma, lost the disease during that time because she had somehow "died", and relived because of her twin brother. She couldn't save him because he didn't have a lifeclock, there was no way to do anything. She wasn't even aware of his levitation powers. She hated herself for being so naïve about going outside and hoping she'd be alright; and now, she lost it all. She couldn't reverse time to go back to see him again...

OOC;; More of Lamia's backstory - yay. Sorry for not discussing it with you Splotchu. Came to me while I was listening to this song. I wanted her to have an anguishing past, so I based it off this song completely. ;v; This beautiful song right here.
Back to top Go down
Buttmunch

Buttmunch

Beata Bucks : 11308

PostSubject: Re: Quietly Doing Music   Quietly Doing Music EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 12:45 am

Derek slowly peered into the room where the gorgeous melody had came from. He could hear someone, no, a girl singing lowly beneath it letting out all her feelings as she sang and it just urged him more to see who was behind the masterpiece. The blonde boy saw a girl sitting near a piano, she seemed really upset. He almost decided to leave just when he realized that maybe him speaking to her about the music she wouldn't be as upset. Derek walked over quietly with his hands behinds his back. "I-uh, sorry for intruding in on you but I had to find out who was making the music. I guess I just wanted to tell you it's really beautiful and if it makes you feel any better, I've never heard someone play with so much emotion and relation to the music. In my opinion I think that's the best part." Derek complimented with a friendly smile. He had really hoped he didn't bother her. "By the way, my name is Derek." He quickly added as he stared at the floor in nervousness.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: Quietly Doing Music   Quietly Doing Music EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 1:30 am

As she played the final notes, her hands jerked off the piano when she heard someone else's voice from behind her. Nearly falling off the bench she was sitting on, Lamia just glanced around nervously, wondering how she should reply. Personally, she expected no one else to be around, but well... She was absolutely wrong. Taking a few shallow breaths, the girl muttered, not even bothering to look up at him, "Oh... I-I... wrote the s-song for a friend of mine... w-who's gone now..." The time thief was absolutely nervous, before remembering that she had been working on another song, but then realizing she had just blurted out her past to some random stranger at the school. She had to admit, that since she couldn't do well in sport, she had to reside with the arts, and she was absolutely fine with that. Looking at the false white flower that was crafted for her and lying on top of the piano, she picked it up delicately, observing the details.

Actually, she had received about another five hundred or so of these flowers, but only had the ability to bring some to Beata. The rest where at home were they still are - at the garden he had made around her bed. There was so many, sure, but it showed too much emotion. Recently though, she'd been writing too many romantic sad stories based off the ones she wrote when she was younger. The star story? No, she didn't think of a song for it because it was his favorite one she wrote and it hurt enough to have someone else hearing the song she had composed in secret for him, playing it on his birthday everyday. Well, that day, was today - obviously explains how much she was upset, but... Still, it's only been two - no three years now since the accident. It seemed ridiculous, but he died on his birthday when he was heading over to her house to visit her again. The final bouquet was smashed to pieces except for one flower - a special snowdrop unlike the others.

The flowers in the garden consisted of only roses, lilies, orchids, and such, but the snowdrop was different. It had always been her favorite flower, he knew it. He had planned to bring it to her, perhaps hoping that his prayer had finally been answered. Oh it was answered alright, but in the most despising way - a life for a life. And he had accepted it with no problem. The snowdrop flower? It was in her dorm room, sitting at the "wedding" bouquet he had made on her twelfth birthday, and from what she heard, he had proposed to her. Whether it was serious or not was a different case.

All this thinking about him was making her upset even further... Letting out a mumble, "H-happy b-birthday... Calum..." Oh that felt interesting, she hadn't said his name in so long, trying to avoid it in hopes that she would forgot, but it wouldn't work. Positioning herself back on the piano, she softly started pressing the keys before starting another song. This time, it was about a completely different story. Just listen to it - (random OOC in the middle; Oh and yes, the stories she wrote are the ones in Flaming June's album - listen to the whole album here. Aethra's backstory is based off the first song, and Lamia's is based off the fourth one. Song she is playing now is the last one - based off one of her fantasies from what she believed could have happened if he lived and she never went outside). Sighing, she continued to play until the very end, wishing she could have felt this happiness that she so truly dreamt about, but knowing it could never be real.

As soon as she finished playing, Lamia couldn't help, but break into tears as she did the three years before. It hurt. "I-it hurts... it hurts... C-calum...!" she whispered painfully, wishing she had never been so foolish, wishing she had more time. Her body was shaken with so much pain, it truly was visible to the other boy. If only there were a student with the powers of resurrection at Beata... But there wasn't any. She had to go through this every year now - every year. It was a horrible thought, but all her fault. She could've prevented it all from happening.

OOC;; Of course, she'll fall in love again who helps soothe her pain, but right now... Not sure who. //wanted Katsuo but he's too young dang it. Stormi, make him 15 with Aiko. ;7;
Back to top Go down
Buttmunch

Buttmunch

PostSubject: Re: Quietly Doing Music   Quietly Doing Music EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 1:49 am

Derek took a step back as she bursted into tears, he had no idea how to react to the situation. He stayed quiet for a little while before asking "A-Are you okay." Derek asked. he felt stupid, of course she wasn't okay. She was having a mental breakdown in front of him for Christs sake. He didn't know whether or not to approach her seeing how she was. He could only stay close to the sorry. "I'm sorry about what happened to your friends. It's a shame considering you seem pretty nice that something like that would happen." He said as he gulped. The blonde had no idea what to say. Taking a quiet step closer he watched her continue to cry.  "Y-You shouldn't beat yourself up over what happened. I've lost people before too. Maybe not as bonded with me as they were to you but it's easier to be happy about the fact that their in a better place than let yourself cry about stuff you can't change." He tried to say in the kindest and most supportive way possible. Derek felt like he should just try and help to the best of his ability, he was no therapist but he truly did want to help.
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

Beata Bucks : 10100

PostSubject: Re: Quietly Doing Music   Quietly Doing Music EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 6:29 am

The door opened quietly, a boy around Lamia's age stuck his head into the room. He was going to get his sister to come with him to lunch, however, he was welcomed to the sight of someone next to Lamia. He looked down at the ground, a small frown on his face. 'It's Calum's birthday.' Kearn sighed silently, and backed out of the room. This happened every year since he died, and ever year he would repeat to her; 'Goodbyes are not forever. Goodbyes are not the end. They simply mean; I'll miss you until we met again'

He turned away from the door which closed as it had been opened. He took a few strides forward, before glancing at the door. His blue eyes narrowed. 'Who ever you are in there, you better not make my sister worse off then what she is.' He shoved his hands in the thick jacket pockets and took a brisk pace toward the restaurant. Like everyone else he didn't want to stay in the cold hair for long.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: Quietly Doing Music   Quietly Doing Music EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 11:50 am

Even if it opened quietly, Lamia could easily tell someone nearly came in. Almost falling off the bench in surprise again, she turned and saw her twin brother. Realizing her brother had come before just leaving, it left her in shock a bit. Where was he going? She was about to rush after him before remembering there was someone else in the room with her. "O-oh...! Uhmm... T-thank you...!" Flustered by the fact that it had turned into a very sour and awkward situation, she wasn't really sure what to do. She had what... Two choices? Either leave this guy and follow Kearn or stay her and... Oh forget it. She didn't know how to pick. Wiping any remaining tears off, she bowed before deciding to get up and closed the piano, before sprinting outside the room.
Back to top Go down
Buttmunch

Buttmunch

PostSubject: Re: Quietly Doing Music   Quietly Doing Music EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 12:06 pm

Derek nodded in return for her thanks and watched her run off. "What a strange girl..." He said as he scratched his head. The blonde just pushed off the strange behavior and decided to leave as well. As he walked out the door he thought of what he could do. Guess it was time to go find his joyous sister...

OOC: *Throws my short post in*
Back to top Go down
Stormi
The Slenderman
Stormi

Beata Bucks : 10357

PostSubject: Re: Quietly Doing Music   Quietly Doing Music EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 12:14 pm

Ooc: *Makes them 15 until someone protests otherwise*
Can I jump in with Kat? ;w;
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: Quietly Doing Music   Quietly Doing Music EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 12:40 pm

OOC;; Sure. xD
Back to top Go down
Stormi
The Slenderman
Stormi

PostSubject: Re: Quietly Doing Music   Quietly Doing Music EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 2:04 pm

Katsuo was sitting down on a bench just outside the studios, reading a book when he was interrupted by someone quickly leaving out the door nearby. He blinked in surprise to see Lamia, one of the first people he had met when he and his sister first came to Beata. He slowly closed his book and tucked it under his arm, then stood up. Perhaps he should say something to her? As far as he knew about this student, Lamia seemed pretty skittish and shy, but maybe he was just assuming things. Either way, it seemed she was upset about something. "H-hey, are you alright?" He called out, though 'called' is a strong word since he was kind of quiet, still not knowing how to react in this confusing situation.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: Quietly Doing Music   Quietly Doing Music EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 3:01 pm

"O-oh...! U-uhmm... K-katsuo was it...? I-i'm... f-fine..." Lamia replied, watching Derek go before stopping by the shadow manipulator. What was she supposed to say - reply with the same sorrow again? Not happening. Then she realized she was missing something - the flower. Turning back to the studios and flinging the doors open, the time thief looked around for it, unable to remember where she had placed. You know when you look for something so hard you can't find it, even if it was obvious? Yeah, that's basically what was happening right then. At the most you'd need to get someone else to find the item for you... She didn't want to depend another student, so she just kept searching, moving a few things around the best she could.

And well, she didn't have any luck, that's for sure. How was she supposed to deal with it now?
Back to top Go down
Stormi
The Slenderman
Stormi

PostSubject: Re: Quietly Doing Music   Quietly Doing Music EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 1:14 pm

Katsuo watched her, feeling a bit worried for whatever reason. Was she missing something? She seemed a little frantic, so it must be important. Getting up, the boy walked over. "Er...Need some help?" He asked, a little nervous that he might cause her to become more upset. He looked around the room, wondering what she must be looking for. Then, he spotted a little white rose by the piano. Walking over to it, he gently picked it up out of curiosity. It was fake, crafted with obvious care. Who could have made this? As he studied the rose, he suddenly remembered that Lamia was looking for something. He turned to her, rose still gently clasped in one of his hands. "Lamia...That's your name right? Is this maybe what you were looking for?" It was a wild guess, but the rose seemed special and just maybe...
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: Quietly Doing Music   Quietly Doing Music EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 4:01 pm

"Y-yes...! Thank you... I-it's... Important to me..." Lamia said as she heard Katsuo, seeing the rose, she was about to just take it from him, but that would be rude. Just wait until he handed it over, just wait for it... Wait for it. She was patient at the most, but... Well, no way to explain it. Just, don't get her mad or anything - you don't want to see the other side of her. Should she just explain to him who made it? No, her voice would falter too much. Wait, maybe... No, that wouldn't work. In her mind, she was a little too baffled about what to do and how to react - screw emotional responses, it's too difficult to even figure out how other people are. Mind reading is a bit scary when you know everything that everyone thinks of. How'd it go from emotional responses to mind reading...? At least, she was still looking how she usually does - the skittish side of her.
Back to top Go down
Stormi
The Slenderman
Stormi

PostSubject: Re: Quietly Doing Music   Quietly Doing Music EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 4:22 pm

Katsuo smiled, a bit happy that he was the one who found it for her. He didn't know why, he just kinda was. Handing her the rose, he tucked his now-empty hands back in his pockets. "I-it must be pretty important to you, the way you were searching for it." He tried to keep things rolling so it wasn't awkward, but then he realized the comment could have sounded a bit stalker-ish. Crap, he thought. What do I even do or say?
"Um, did someone make it for you? Like maybe a family member?" Sure, sure...Just keep talking Katsuo. You're not weird or awkward at all. "It's very well-made..." Don't sound like you're trying to steal it! It's a simple conversation, come on! He yelled silently at himself. Uhg, how do you word things and not sound like you're saying the exact opposite thing?
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: Quietly Doing Music   Quietly Doing Music EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 5:06 pm

Taking the rose and examining it real quick before placing it in her hair, at least not to forget it, not as an accessory or anything, but... Uhh... That just came off as an awkward gesture. She wasn't very good at interpreting others' emotions and tones, so what Katsuo said, it came off as pretty normal. Literally. "O-oh... N-no... An o-old f-friend of m-mine m-made it for me w-when I was s-sick..." That wasn't an absolute lie at least, nor was it the complete truth. But she didn't want to tell him the whole thing... At all. Oh come on, it's not that hard to interact with people. Students do it all the time, and she was a student... Right? Out of the blue after another long silence, she quietly asked, "U-uhmm... W-what is your power...?" Worst conversation starter ever. Really, who asks something silly like that?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quietly Doing Music   Quietly Doing Music Empty

Back to top Go down

Quietly Doing Music
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next