Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Character Questionnaire (Sam)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Badger
The Almighty Badger Goddess
Badger

Beata Bucks : 11223

Character Questionnaire (Sam) Empty
PostSubject: Character Questionnaire (Sam)   Character Questionnaire (Sam) EmptyTue Aug 08, 2017 10:34 pm

A week or two ago, I found this questionnaire on Tumblr I believe and thought it would be fun to do with Sam in a hope of better understanding them so...Here we are.

What’s the maximum amount of time your character can sit still with nothing to do?
Not very long, Sam finds themselves almost always needing to be moving some part of their body. Swinging their feet, tapping their finger on a desk or at least shifting sightly. Sitting still is not something Sam is good at.

How easy is it for your character to laugh?
Very easy, Sam is very open and if they find something amusing or adorable they will laugh.

How do they put themselves to bed at night (reading, singing, thinking?)
For Sam, going to sleep is really hard unless they have something to cuddle - which tends to be a giant bat plushie that their mother got them. Really when they are cuddling something is the only time they can even sit still.

How easy is it to earn their trust?
Its very easy to gain Sam’s trust as they try to see the good in everybody. They try to be open minded around others and often puts their trust into others even if they don’t know them very well.

How easy is it to earn their mistrust?
To gain Sam’s mistrust is a very hard thing - Sam doesn’t like not liking others so it would take somebody doing something terrible with no regrets to really gain Sam’s mistrust.

Do they consider laws flexible, or immovable?
Sam finds laws rather immovable unless it's the type of law that steps on somebody’s gender identity and whatnot (feeling very strongly about it due to their non-binary nature)

What triggers nostalgia for them, most often? Do they enjoy that feeling?
...Unsure what the triggers are but Sam does like to be reminded of the past...As long as its a good memory of course.

What were they told to stop/start doing most often as a child
Sitting still and focusing was what Sam heard the most ‘to do’ when they were little. Coming from a very active family, Sam was rather energetic even as a child and was almost always shifting in their chair at school or at dinner...Really, any time Sam was suppose to sit still, there was a very fair chance that they were failing to do exactly that.

Do they swear? Do they remember their first swear word?

Sam doesn’t swear. They aren’t against it in any means, they just prefer not to say things like that...If they do swear, then somebody has fudged up.

What lie do they most frequently remember telling? Does it haunt them?

Their most frequently lie? That they are male - it does haunt them as they do want to be accepted for who they are.

How do they cope with confusion (seek clarification, pretend they understand, etc)?
Sam would more often ask for clarifications but if it was a really confusing topic that they were certain they would never understand, they would most likely just pretend to get it or simply be upfront and state that they don’t understand a bit of it.

How do they deal with an itch found in a place they can’t quite reach?

Really just hope that it goes away.

What color do they think they look best in? Do they actually look best in that color?
Sam tends to stick with ‘cool’ colors, mostly greens and blues of different shades. They avoid bright colors that would clash with their black hair but doesn’t think there is just one color that they look the best in. And they do manage to pull off their color schemes rather well.

What animal do they fear most?
There is no one animal that Sam fears the most. Sam finds all animals wonderful (mostly bats cause they are just so interesting and adorable) but does have a healthy fear of wild animals as they understand how dangerous they can be.

How do they speak? Is what they say usually thought of on the spot, or do they rehearse it in their mind first?
They tend to speak from their mind, only putting thinking about their thoughts if they want to explain something well or might have doubts on the topic they are speaking of.

What makes their stomach turn?
The idea that there are such cruel people who refuse to accept others for who they are. Having always been open-minded on the idea of gays, trans and non-binaries before they realized what they were NB themself, they struggle to come to grip to why other people are so closed-minded and treat others horribly due to them not ‘fitting in.’

Are they easily embarrassed?
Oh yes, Sam can easily get flustered over the tiniest bit of praise thrown their way.

What embarrasses them?

A continuation of the question above, Sam doesn't like to think that they are all that special or are better then other people so they don't know what to do when people praise them so they tend to brush it off. They would also be completely sure of what to do if somebody would announce that they truly loved them as its an emotion that Sam has never felt and like, how do you respond to that?

What is their favorite number?

Sam’s favorite number would be seven. Its seen as the ‘perfect/whole’ number (7 days of creations, 7 days a week…) but is also special - it's almost impossible to mistake a 7 for another number (other than a badly drawn 1 I suppose).

If they were asked to explain the difference between romantic and platonic or familial love, how would they do so?
Sam would be pretty lost on this regard as they don’t have a good grasp of what ‘romantic’ love is. Familial love is accepting their family for who they are, loving them no matter what happens while platonic and romantic...Sam is confused on the difference of those two (being asexual/aromantic.) Love is love, finding comfort and joy in simply being around each other and while there are different layers of how deep that love will go, Sam doesn’t understand when it crosses into romantic.

Why do they get up in the morning?
To live.
Sam sees each day as a new chance to make new friends and get closer to the ones they already have...And also its a chance to change the world. While they understand that they won’t always be accepted for who they are, they hold onto the hope that they will be able to aid in the battle against hate like that...But also knows that the bonds that they share with other people is enough to carry them though even the worst of the hate and whatnot.

How does jealousy manifest itself in them (they become possessive, they become aloof, etc)?
Unsure, Sam doesn’t tend to get jealous. Will put more thought into this later.

How does envy manifest itself in them (they take what they want, they become resentful, etc)?
Unsure, Sam doesn’t tend to get envious. Will put more thought into this later.
Is sex something that they’re comfortable speaking about? To whom?
Sex is something that makes Sam very uncomfortable due to the fact that they don’t understand romance or anything like that. The idea that somebody could so willingly give their body to another like that is...Confusing to them and so they will nervously try to avoid the topic if they can.

What are their thoughts on marriage?

Sam isn’t against marriage but supports it in all sense (Sam is for gay marriage for example). For Sam, they understand the idea of romantic even if it isn’t something they feel and get why people would want to marry one another but has also come to the understanding that it isn't for them and most likely never will be.

What is their preferred mode of transportation?

Walking! Partly due to their gift, partly that Sam likes the time to think that it gives them. Its simple and relaxing, they know where their feet is taking them and they can enjoy their surroundings without it passing by in a blur.

What causes them to feel dread?

The biggest thing that causes them dread is not being accepted. Every time that they admit to a new person that they are non-binary, a surge of dread swells up in them when they are waiting for a response to it - to be accepted or to be refused for who they are.
Then there is little things that causes them dread like when they fear they might have hurt somebody’s feeling or if one of their friends gets hurt.

Would they prefer a lie over an unpleasant truth?
It depends on the matter of the lie/truth. If the unpleasant truth is simply that - an unpleasant truth then Sam would want it open in the air. But if it was the type of truth that could get somebody truly hurt, then Sam would be content with a lie being spoken in its stead.

Do they usually live up to their own ideals?

Sam does their best but it can be a bit of a slippery slope at times. Most of the time, yes, but if somebody does something that truly makes Sam angry...Well, I haven’t put much thought into it but you wouldn’t like Sam when they are angry.

Who do they most regret meeting?
I’m going to say that Sam most regret meeting somebody in their backstory that was rather...Hard on them when they learned that Sam saw themselves as neither male or female. A rather cruel classmate perhaps that made Sam a main target once they learned it. It reminded Sam of how terrible the world can be and despite their chipper personality, sometimes they can’t help but wonder if that kid was right about all the terrible things they said about them…

Who are they the most glad to have met?
There isn’t one person that Sam is the most glad to meet - really any of their friends who accept Sam being NB is somebody that Sam is very glad to have met. In a world full of terrible and cruel people, Sam sees each of their friends as a beacon of light and hope amidst it all.

Do they have a go-to story in conversation? Or a joke?
Nope.

Could they be considered lazy?
Nope, Sam is very active, always moving in one way or another even if it is tapping their fingers on a desk or rocking on their heels. They take joy in doing almost anything making it very hard for them to be lazy.

How hard is it for them to shake a sense of guilt?

For all of Sam’s outgoingness, they can be rather hard on themselves if they feel that they are to blame for something so...Very hard and it would take a lot of talking from their friends to convince them otherwise.

How do they treat the things their friends come to them excited about? Are they supportive?
Sam is very supportive, being more then happy to listen to somebody ramble on a topic that they are excited about even if Sam doesn’t have an idea of what any of it means.

Do they actively seek romance, or do they wait for it to fall into their lap?
Sam is neither - having no drive to seek romance in any way. They don’t seek it nor are they ever expecting for it to ‘fall into their lap.’ They live a content live without romance and if anything thinks its a bit more trouble than it's worth.

Do they have a system for remembering names, long lists of numbers, things that need to go in a certain order (like anagrams, putting things to melodies, etc)?
Sam doesn’t have anything like this as it would take time to figure out a system and that is just wasted time when it could be spent hanging out with friends or making new ones.

What memory do they revisit the most often?
The moment they realized that they weren’t male or female. It was just a startling thing that they had slowly come to terms with until it finally hit them of ‘...I-I don’t think I am male or female. I’m...I’m neither.’

How easy is it for them to ignore flaws in other people?

Rather easily. Sam tends to see the best in people and it can be hard for them to even pick up different people flaws.

How sensitive are they to their own flaws?
While Sam tends to act outgoing, they can be rather sensitive to criticism causing them to be keenly aware of their flaws and weak points. While they goal is to be accepted by everybody, they are well aware of what is ‘wrong’ with them making it hard to feel truly loved at times.

How do they feel about children?
Sam doesn’t mind children at all, rather liking hanging out with them. Sam doesn’t want to have any proper kids of their own but wouldn’t be against adopting perhaps in the future.

How badly do they want to reach their end goal?
When Sam sets a goal, they can get rather stubborn when attempting to reach it. While they try to be mindful of others, they rarely allow anything stopping them from their goal.

If someone asked them to explain their sexuality, how would they do so?
“I don’t...Um...I don’t get romance. Like...I love everybody but the idea of liking a single person so much to...To...I just don’t get it at all. I-I suppose my sexuality is...Is kinda like my gender. I don’t have one.”
They would explain it very nervous before admitting that they don’t think they can like somebody in that way.

The questionnaire also came with questions to me about the character which I thought it would be fun to do to explain why I made them and whatnot.

Why are you excited about this character?
I wanted to make somebody unique on Beata - something that hadn’t really been explored and I wanted to celebrate the unique people - NB people and asexual people - with this character.

What inspired you to create them?
My main inspiration has to be Sam de Leve, a wonderful Non-binary person I follow on Twitter and that I watch on Geek and Sundry every Wednesday. Sam is a wonderful, sweet person who is proud of who they are. In each D&D-ish game that they have played, each of their characters has been a NB character and I wanted to give it a go myself as while everybody have different powers on Beata, none of them was truly unique in that way. So I made a NB character in hopes of getting an idea of how different it can be for NB people in the world and understand what they go through while celebrating them for them being who they are.

Did you have trouble figuring out where they fit in their own story?

With Beata being the site that it is, there isn’t much ‘figuring out’ where they fit in to do. I simply have to go with the flow and while I am having a little trouble trying to figure out what direction I want them to go in, I can rely on their relationships with other students to help mold that direction.

Have they always had the same physical appearance, or have you had to edit how they look?

The moment I settled on an appearance for Sam, I knew I was happy.

Are they someone you would get along with? Would they get along with you?
I feel like Sam and I would get along very well thanks to our similar personalities. We are both bubbly, cuddly creatures that adore friendship very much. I’m sure we would both be happy

What do you feel when you think of your OC (pride, excitement, frustration, etc)?
Pride and excitement. Sam is one of the first NB characters on Beata and I want to celebrate the people who’ve come to realize that they are neither male or female but really anybody who falls out of the ‘norm’ that society has crafted around us all.

What trait of theirs bothers you the most?
I’m not sure if Sam currently has a trait that ‘bothers’ me. Maybe their stubbornness? They don’t like taking no for an answer and if they set their mind to something, there isn’t much that is going to waver them from that goal.

What trait do you admire most?
I think Sam’s openness. Sam isn’t afraid to put themselves out there (alright well they are a little afraid but shhh) and state who they are. They’ve come to accept the backlash that is most likely to come from those who don’t understand that one can feel not to be male or female.

Do you prefer to keep them in their canon universe?

Chances are that Sam is going to remain on Beata but I suppose there could always be a chance that I make a character on a different site like them but...Doubt it.

Did you have to manipulate or exclude canon factors to allow them to create their character?
Nope.
Yay for Beata.
Back to top Go down

Character Questionnaire (Sam)
Page 1 of 1