Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Splish Splash [OPEN]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sandly

Sandly

Beata Bucks : 11837

Splish Splash [OPEN] Empty
PostSubject: Splish Splash [OPEN]   Splish Splash [OPEN] EmptyTue Aug 29, 2017 5:55 pm

SPLASH. SPLAsh. SPLash. Splash. splash. thunk.

Wow, five! That's a new record! The young man standing on the lakes shore dropped his right hand from where it had been shielding the sunlight from his eyes as watched the path of the rock had been skipping. He started looking down at the ground to look for more stones that would suit his skipping needs. He let out an annoyed huff as his search yielded no results. All the other kids must have gotten a hold of the other ones. he thought in frustration.
With a second thought, he turned his head toward the rocks that were settled in the lip of the lake that had gentle waves splashing against them. He let out an exasperated sigh as he realized he would have to get wet to continue his little game. After a moment's pause, he began toeing off his sneakers and he squatted down to slip off his socks and put them inside of the now empty shoes. He rolled his jeans to his knees as he took a few experimental steps into the water that was comfortably warm yet cooling. He was satisfied to find a load of stones that seemed to be perfect. With his hands and mind preoccupied with gathering his new ammunition, he tuned out the rest of the world around him.

(OOC: anyone who joins can decide if they want to join my boy in a friendly game and try to swim later, or they could provoke him and push him in like a rude lil person :>)

(OOC2: I was a dingus anfd posted the topic in the wrong place...)
Back to top Go down
Sandly

Sandly

PostSubject: Re: Splish Splash [OPEN]   Splish Splash [OPEN] EmptyFri Sep 01, 2017 2:03 pm

Buh-bump!

(Come hang with my boy, I swear he's cool lol)
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

Beata Bucks : 10124

PostSubject: Re: Splish Splash [OPEN]   Splish Splash [OPEN] EmptyFri Sep 01, 2017 11:44 pm

"Okay..."

Not so far away, on the shore of the school lake, was an older student. Well, sort of. She'd been here for several years, ever since she was fourteen, thirteen maybe. And yet Amelia was not yet close to graduating. She wasn't old enough. Over the summer her hair had been fading in color, revealing naturally dark brown hair, but there was still evidence of blonde here and there. Currently she had her nose deep in last year's notes, and at this exact moment she had a beaten red notebook, filled with messy equations, strange letters and whatnot. She was mumbling the simple things to remind herself as to how she did these problems in the first place all those months ago. "What does this say... 'cot= 1/tan'? Is that right? Wasn't there a squared in there somewhere?"

Faint splashes caught the girl's attention, a welcome distraction from all this stupid calculus shit. She gently put her notes back where they belonged; her whole bag was in rainbow order. It was much easier to find things that way. With everything safe and sound, she parted the reeds along the bank with her left hand and spotted a boy skipping rocks. 'He's pretty good.' Maybe she could mess with him a bit? Her grey eyes scanned the water for something before she saw a promising-looking branch. It looked very much like a large, fat salamander without a tail. It was the perfect choice. So she tried her best to visualize it as an animal.

It worked! The rotten bark was now a stretchy skin, and two lumps on the "head" opened to reveal eyes the color of wood pulp. It blinked at her before it slithered into the water, entirely under her control. Amelia could barely keep herself from giggling as she waited for the perfect moment, moving her little creature right in the path of a skipping rock. 'Wait for it... Go!' The wooden animal leaped out of the water and snatched a rock mid-skip with its gaping mouth before swimming off. Almost entirely under her control. It was finicky. Too busy trying not to burst out laughing to notice where it was going, it was only when her subject was climbing up the bank towards her that she tried to shoo it away. "Hey! Don't blow my cover, I made you!" Despite her yelling, she couldn't help but find how it acted like a dog rather cute. If only it didn't possibly get her into a sticky spot.
Back to top Go down
Sandly

Sandly

PostSubject: Re: Splish Splash [OPEN]   Splish Splash [OPEN] EmptySat Sep 02, 2017 2:11 pm

When Jamie resumed his stone skipping he made sure to focus all of his attention on counting the skips of each rock he threw, and not much else. On one particular throw, he could not help but let his mind wander to the possibility of throwing one of his weapons instead of a stone. It would be much easier to retrieve, he told himself, but it would also take a lot of energy...and I have to walk by myself all the way back to campus anyhow.
His thoughts were cut off as soon as he heard a splash that was larger than the rest and he did not hear the last stone he threw make a satisfying thunk. Jamie's eyes caught movement as whatever snatched his stone swam toward the shore. when it started to surface, a hidden voice from the reeds a ways down the bank. Tension started to rise in the boy's shoulders and the remaining stones in his hands slipped out of his hands with unceremonious splashes as the appendages went slack. In the blink of an eye, a dagger flew from Jamie's bag leaning against a tree and shot toward the figure, stopping just short of their face. "C-Come out!" his voice quivered with fear, so he cleared it and tried again to be stronger, "Now!"
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

Beata Bucks : 10124

PostSubject: Re: Splish Splash [OPEN]   Splish Splash [OPEN] EmptySat Sep 02, 2017 7:01 pm

The wooden salamander grinned at her a bit goofily, still holding the flat stone in its mouth. Its muddy little feet left wide tracks in the mud, as well as defined prints on her legs when it reared playfully. "You dummy!" She hissed at it, trying and failing to push it off. If she could only give them life but not control them, she was in for some trouble. Both now and in the future. But now was a bit more... immediate. Before she could flinch or even blink, a short blade shot through the reeds, stopping just inches from her face. Amelia let out an undignified yell and jumped back. Her stupid buddy, on the other hand, was gleefully jumping in the air to try and grab it without much success. Not only was they just plain short, but they still had the rock in their mouth!

"Alright, I'm coming out." She slung her bag onto her back just in case she had to make a quick getaway. Well, that might be the best plan of action, given that the other student had just sent a dagger her way within a millisecond. Ordering her buddy to follow her out, she jokingly had her hands up in surrender. She stopped once within view, but her little idiot kept waddling forward until it was halfway towards the boy before laying down in the mud and "chewing" on the rock. What was it thinking? It didn't even have teeth.

Actually somewhat concerned for the creature's intelligence, she couldn't help but stare at it for a moment before her eyes switched to the kid that almost put a knife between her eyes. "I'm sorry if I startled you." They had both left an amazing impression on each other, hadn't they?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Splish Splash [OPEN]   Splish Splash [OPEN] Empty

Back to top Go down

Splish Splash [OPEN]
Page 1 of 1