Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Books, Books, and More Books

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kitty
Best Chat Pet
Kitty

Beata Bucks : 9315

Books, Books, and More Books Empty
PostSubject: Books, Books, and More Books   Books, Books, and More Books EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 3:37 pm

Luna had her bag by her side as she entered the library, sure to have brought notebooks and pencils to write. Smiling, she went over to where the history books were, and pulled out a random book. Sitting on the floor to read, ahe opened up her notebook after pulling it and a pencil from her bag, ready to write down historical information about what seemed to be the Academy. Opening it up, she looked away because of the duat that stirred up, and looked back afterwards. Taking notes here and there, Luna was diving into the book when she heard a soft 'thud' a little bit away. Curious, she closed the book, noting her page number, grabbed her things and putting them into her bag. "W-Who's there?"
Back to top Go down
Jackie

Jackie

Beata Bucks : 11441

PostSubject: Re: Books, Books, and More Books   Books, Books, and More Books EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 7:34 pm

Forgetting to put the book down before digging around for a notepad, the good-sized book she'd held dropped to the floor. She sighed, mentally cursing herself for being so clumsy with the precious book. As she began to settle down on the floor, she heard someone whisper. "Hello...?"

ooc: god i suck at everything i am srry
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Best Chat Pet
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Books, Books, and More Books   Books, Books, and More Books EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 7:41 pm

Ooc: Its fine, really.

Ic:

Luna followed the sound to someone, and was taken back. Luna looked at the girl for a moment before accidentaly freezing the floor beside her, and cursed to herself for doing so. "Uh- sorry! When I get too focused, my power gets out of control... I hope you didn't get touched by it..." Luna said, concern and guild draining her voice. Brushing a loose lock from her long braid behind her ear, she tried to look friendly. Quickly, the paleness from using her power took effect, and she didn't really think about it. Brushing her hand against her eyelids, Luna turned. "My great apologies for intruding, I was curious of a noise and it led me here, I will leave you be now, sorry!"
Back to top Go down
Jackie

Jackie

PostSubject: Re: Books, Books, and More Books   Books, Books, and More Books EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 8:52 pm

"Wait!" Jackie shot across the floor and grabbed at the girls ankle. What she had done... "What was that you just did? When you froze the floor?"
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Best Chat Pet
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Books, Books, and More Books   Books, Books, and More Books EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 6:05 am

Managing to catch herself before falling, Luna spun towards the other girl. "My gift is Freeze vision; but I didn't intend it to go off, why?" Luna asked, curious about why she would be asked that, yet she didn't mind, maybe she could get this girls' power to study? If she did, that would be awesome. But Luna was still curious as to why the girl was fasinated with what happened.
Back to top Go down
Jackie

Jackie

PostSubject: Re: Books, Books, and More Books   Books, Books, and More Books EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 2:58 pm

"My apologies for grabbing you like this, but I'm just interested how you have the same power as me... Freeze vision. Normally people only have the same powers if they are born from the same blood line." The bookshelves beside them began to frost over as Jackie became deep in thought. "Perhaps... This is a new break through of some kind? I am an only child, what with Father's narrow urethra... But maybe Mother was with another man? Nay. That 's impossible. Grandmother told me Mother was loyal to Father. Grandmother couldn't have been wrong. Mother was a sensible woman." As she kept rambling, the bookshelf frost became more solid. "Then it must have been Father who was unloyal! By some miracle he must have birthed another child. But Father was always so loving with Mother... Maybe before he met her? GAH! This is getting me no where! You there, have you seen this man before? How about this woman?" Reaching into her bag, she drew out two photos and thrust them into the face of the other girl.
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Best Chat Pet
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Books, Books, and More Books   Books, Books, and More Books EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 3:12 pm

Luna grew worried as the frost reached the bookshelf. She touched it to shatter the ice, and was surprised. Looking at the photos, she drew a hand to her mouth and gasped. "T-Pa! He left my mom when I was young... I never knew why, but wait... then if he is your Pa and also mine..." Luna was astounded. But, they had to be related for her to shatter the growing ice. "That is scary... Wait, how old are you? It may give me another note to see if we were possibly twins and Pa was having an..." Luna trailed off, hoping it wasn't true. They were greatly alike, but... no. They could be half-sisters, but not close enogh to be almost like twins. "But, your in Winter guild, right? I am in Autumn... oh, this is just weird..." Now Luna was rumbling on, confused and worried. Ma was so secretive now, but something was providong them largely for her to be here, right?
Back to top Go down
Jackie

Jackie

PostSubject: Re: Books, Books, and More Books   Books, Books, and More Books EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 3:27 pm

Jackie found all of this absolutely fascinating. "If could be possible that Father was having an affair, but it could also be that he was legally divorced form your mother... This raises so many questions. We need to do some sort of research." She pulled up her notepad and began writing these things down. "I believe we have been put in different guilds because the test was based on personality, not power. Though if they had had me take the test without my contacts I probably would have been sent to the Summer dorms or something like that." Mentioning her split-personality issues gave her an idea. "Do you have troubles with emotions, as well? So much so that it's like you have a split-personality? It is rather vexing..."
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Best Chat Pet
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Books, Books, and More Books   Books, Books, and More Books EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 5:39 pm

Luna chuckled, and looked down at the mention of emotional struggle. "Yeah... I am shy and have anxiety around some, but others I just connect with, and chat. Oh, and by connect, I mean that I feel safe and happy around that person... so I would say so. I also struggle mentally, you wouldn't guess, but I have somehow been unable to move one of my hands since my vacation, but I assume tragedies happen to folk." Luna flashed a smile, and her working hand brushed an annoying lock of hair from her cheek away. She slipped out her own notebook, and noted something down in her composition notebook, before putting it back next to her diary that was given so long ago.
Back to top Go down
Jackie

Jackie

PostSubject: Re: Books, Books, and More Books   Books, Books, and More Books EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 12:42 pm

"I see we share the same genetic habits." She referred to Luna's composition notebook. This was considered good to Jackie because she figured she could share gathered information with Luna and vice versa. "I have a few other questions, but I think I would like to ask the two most important... 1. What happened to you to result in lack of movement in your hand? 2. What is that intriguing little book you have there? Is it a journal of some sort?"

Jackie couldn't help speaking like a wannabe scientist. It was just something she did when her brain started receiving fascinating information.
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Best Chat Pet
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Books, Books, and More Books   Books, Books, and More Books EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 4:03 pm

Luna nodded, but sighed at the fact of sharin her accident. "My book.. which one? I keep a diary, but my notebook, I research peoples' powers and effects, but also genetic history and the cause of our powers, and why we get certain ones different than others. My hand... uh, its a misfortune with both my power and DJing over my break... Sinxe I tend to use my portable tune system, I had dropped it onto my misfortunate hand, and startling myself caused myself to freeze my hand... I never noticed until I couldn't move it, I think I froze something important, but the outer ice is gone. Why, if I may ask?" Luna was embarrassed with herself for getting her hand hurt by her own mistakes.
Back to top Go down
Jackie

Jackie

PostSubject: Re: Books, Books, and More Books   Books, Books, and More Books EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 5:35 pm

Without warning, Jackie nabbed Luna's hand, studying it. "You can freeze body parts? What about other people? Can you freeze them too?" She had always had a problem with that. No matter how hard she tried, she just couldn't get more than frost to form. "Is there no way to reverse this like you did with the carpet earlier?"
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Best Chat Pet
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Books, Books, and More Books   Books, Books, and More Books EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 5:41 pm

Luna nodded. "You can freeze people, but I did this by mistake... I cannot reverse the damage on the inside, as it is only main luck for me to reverse it... the carpet was easier to do because it was on a surface I am familiar with." Luna winced slightly at her hand being touched, but understood. Flipping to her power in her notebook, she showed it to Jackie. "The more we focus and use it, the stronger. I can pretty much form ixe, but my face turns pale for a little it afterwards, because I have yet to get a lot better. You can read trough it, I don't mind." Fumblin the notebook with one hand, she placed it on the floor beside them. "I don't think you would feel how cold my hand is, but the freeze takes some pain away, excluding the harsh pain of trying to move it."
Back to top Go down
Jackie

Jackie

PostSubject: Re: Books, Books, and More Books   Books, Books, and More Books EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 9:07 pm

With each bit of new knowledge Jackie would scribble down something in her notepad. "Maybe we could submerge it in hot water? Though I doubt this would do any good... But it is worth a try, you know." Though it was probably useless, she grasped the other girls and rubbed it lightly to try to warm it up. "My name is Jackie Mchaven. I was born December 5, 2017." It was best they shared names. I mean, they were half-sisters after.
Back to top Go down
Kitty
Best Chat Pet
Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Books, Books, and More Books   Books, Books, and More Books EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 2:55 pm

Luna nodded. "Luna Barton. I took my mothers name when Father left, I was born March 25, 2020." She replied, smiling quietly. But her hand hurt terribly. "I don't know, hot water isn't somethig I like, but I guess it is worth a shot." She felt awkward like this, and wanted to shift the attention span.

Ooc: Shorter post.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Books, Books, and More Books   Books, Books, and More Books Empty

Back to top Go down

Books, Books, and More Books
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next