Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Reading a Book..cause Books rock(open to all)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
BlazeBurst

BlazeBurst

Beata Bucks : 12072

Reading a Book..cause Books rock(open to all) Empty
PostSubject: Reading a Book..cause Books rock(open to all)   Reading a Book..cause Books rock(open to all) EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 7:11 pm

'So your looking for what again?' Beckett grunts through Connors mind while he was tossing books on the table. 'I'm looking for mental health books, for schizophrenia' he thought back looking at another one. Beckett sighed. 'I told you, your not crazy! I'm apart of your consciousness man' the voice said, obviously annoyed. "I know Beckett! I'm just interested in mental health alright?" He snapped aloud, his arm hitting the shelf next to him, the impact causing a book to start slipping from above and nearly falling on his head before he used his gift to slow it down. He raised his hands to grab it and reset time. He looked around for a moment hoping nobody came looking for the guy who was talking to himself, while his right eye turned from gold back to brown.

Last edited by BlazeBurst on Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mimizmiley

mimizmiley

Beata Bucks : 12022

PostSubject: Re: Reading a Book..cause Books rock(open to all)   Reading a Book..cause Books rock(open to all) EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 8:26 pm

Yin frowned and made her way into the library. It would be quiet in there and hopefully nobody would bother her there. She was just a normal happy student studying... yeah, that's it... The violet-eyed girl glanced down at her uniform and adjusted the hem of the skirt once again making sure it was down as far as possible. Why the hell did they make these things so short? Why the hell did the girls have to wear a skirt anyways!? It really pissed her off, sexual harassment on a national scale!! Not that there was a damn she could do about it if she wanted to remain relatively unnoticed. Sure there were things about her that stood out (Say, that mop of pink hair on her head) but here things like that were relatively normal. However, most people noticed right away that she was a girl in the boy's uniform. So, she'd decided to try and blend in a bit more by, well, actually wearing the girl's uniform... but she already hated it... 

With an audible sigh she shook her head and moved into the rows and shelves of books. After all, she wasn't just here to waste time, she had a purpose. "Where are they? Where are they!?" Yin kept repeating the same question while looking for a specific section. If anyone glance at her, they would surely think that she was just some desperate student who was looking for a book to study for something important, like an exam. Though, her reason for being at the library was far from studying. She was looking for the horror story section. She was hoping that they would have the next volume of a novel she was currently reading when she was at home. She would have brought her copy that she had at home, but her parents had given her the news about her enrollment at Beata Academy so suddenly, that she had totally forgot about the book Now, here she was stuck at the library wondering through the shelves without a clue of where to look for the damn book, and that is if, they actually have it in store. "Damn it! If they hadn't caught me by surprise, I would have finished that book by now! Right now, I can't described how much a hate them...."

At some point, after wondering around for a while with no luck, she spotted a boy who -from what she could see- was talking to himself. After looking around for any other student who may be around, she shrugged and made her way to the strange boy. "Maybe, he would be able to help me...." Though before she could get close enough, she saw when he suddenly did something that slowed down the book that was falling, preventing it from hitting him. Though, that wasn't what surprised her the most. When she tried to walk closer to him, her movement would become slow as well, so she quickly took some steps back. Shocked, she stood still for a few seconds just staring at the boy. "Whaa...What the heck was that!?" Snapping out of her thoughts, Yin continued walking to where he was. Stopping a few steps away from him, she cleared her throat. "Um..Excuse me? Can you please explained to me, what the hell I just witnessed right now? Please?" She knew she was being a bit rude by just asking that question out of the blue and without even introducing herself, but she was actually surprised and very curious; besides she actually said please.
Back to top Go down
BlazeBurst

BlazeBurst

PostSubject: Re: Reading a Book..cause Books rock(open to all)   Reading a Book..cause Books rock(open to all) EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 8:37 pm

Connor looked at the girl who had just walked up, he wasn't really surprised by her, Becketts wide range of sensory had already gave him a feeling she walked in. "What do you mean?" He asked as he put his book on the table, on top of the others. By now the stack was two feet high, so he decided he had enough for the day. Beckett spoke up yet again, to add his two cents. 'I believe the lovely young lady is refrerring to your display of time control' the voice explained, Connor took the comment in stride, knowing he didn't even pause to listen any further to him. "What you witnessed was just me using my gift, I can control time a bit" he said shrugging like that was normal...well since everybody could do something just as amazing, it kinda was. He sat on the table and picked up one of his books. "I control asset field of energy that can control time, so far it's about five feet or so all around" he added.
Back to top Go down
mimizmiley

mimizmiley

PostSubject: Re: Reading a Book..cause Books rock(open to all)   Reading a Book..cause Books rock(open to all) EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 11:24 pm

Her violet eyes widened at his response. "Time control...?" Sure, Yin was aware of the fact that the school was a place for others with special powers like her, but to find someone who has a gift such as time control was a shocking surprise for her. Being a girl brought up isolated from the world and was always held inside her house, she never knew of other powers apart from her own. Heck!, she was even home-schooled since pre-school years, up until now. It was funny how her parents decided to send her to Beata Academy, just because she accidentally froze the small fountain located at the entrance to their house. She could feel her body's temperature already starting to drop a bit due to the memories of her parents,  and she instantly dismissed the thoughts. Recovering from her shocked state, she looked at the male brunette and a small smile appeared on her lips. "That sounds like a pretty awesome power you got there. I've never heard of such a thing being possible, though it shouldn't have been such a surprise since I'm gifted as well. Though, my power is not as cool as yours." 

Remembering that she hasn't even introduced herself, she grabbed a nearby chair and sat across from him. "My name is Yin Hayashi, nice meeting you. What's your name?" Although she didn't actually want to form any sort of relationship with the strange boy, she decided that she would try talking to him; besides it wasn't like she had anything else to do or anyone else to talk to. "Maybe he could help me look for that damn book later, if I get a bit more acquainted with him...." Getting comfortable she crossed her arms behind her head to support it, as she leaned back on her chair. Her light pink hair reflected some of the lights in the room, making it look shinier than usual. She had to admit that there was one good thing about getting sent to the Academy, and that was the pleasure of having no one around to reprimand her about her unladylike behaviors.
Back to top Go down
BlazeBurst

BlazeBurst

PostSubject: Re: Reading a Book..cause Books rock(open to all)   Reading a Book..cause Books rock(open to all) EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 7:32 am

"I'm Connor York" he said opening up one of his books and going through it slowly. While he was reading through it, he didn't really feel like being alone with Beckett again as they would most likely start talking to eachother, which would just reflect insanity."So what books are you after?" He asked, after a moment of silence between them. He didn't look at her, for a long moment after that, then he sighed and closed the book and put it aside. 'Nothing close huh?' He heard in his head. 'I see no matches, while I accept your existence you must see why I'm doing this' he thought back. Beckett chuckled. 'Yeah yeah, of course, your afraid of scaring people if you talk to nobody'
Back to top Go down
mimizmiley

mimizmiley

PostSubject: Re: Reading a Book..cause Books rock(open to all)   Reading a Book..cause Books rock(open to all) EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 5:47 pm

"Interesting name. Still, I'll just call you Connor. You can call me Yin or Haya, doesn't matter which one." She looked at him with a small smile on her face. However, as soon as she heard his question her smile grew bigger. "Right! I was hoping, you would know where the horror section is located. I been meaning to finish a novel that I was reading back at home, though I'm not even sure if they have it here..." Her violet eyes became darker as she lost herself in her thoughts. Suddenly she frowned at the memory of why she had left her own copy of the book at home. "Stupid parents...." Dismissing the memory rapidly she returned her gaze back to Connor, waiting to see if he could actually help her or not. Seeing how silent he was being, she gave him a bow that showed how well mannered Yin was even if she didn't show it very often. "I know I might be bothering you and I apologize in advance."
Back to top Go down
BlazeBurst

BlazeBurst

PostSubject: Re: Reading a Book..cause Books rock(open to all)   Reading a Book..cause Books rock(open to all) EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 6:06 pm

Connor chuckled and got up, putting half his books onto their original space. "No need to seem so formal, I'd happily help you go book hunting" he said. Connor turned to put his backpack on the table, and unzipped it, then packed the rest of them alway. "And may I add you have very nice eyes" he added as he looked at her, slipping his bag over his shoulders. Offhand compliment, yes, but it was true, the violet of her eyes caught his attention well, along with her disheveled hair which he found a little cute.
Back to top Go down
mimizmiley

mimizmiley

PostSubject: Re: Reading a Book..cause Books rock(open to all)   Reading a Book..cause Books rock(open to all) EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 7:56 pm

Looking back at Connor a small chuckle escaped her lips as well. However, as soon as she heard Connor's compliment about her eyes, she quickly went quiet. "D-Did he just s-said my eyes were n-nice?" A bright blush spread through her face, her eyes widening in surprise. Due to the fact she spent most of her life alone, she wasn't one to receive many compliments. "T-Thank you. I've never had someone say that to me before." That was the only thing she could say before averting her face away from him. Yin wasn't one to feel shy around boys or girls but after what Connor said, she definitely felt a bit timid. “Why am I feeling so weird?” She felt as if her body was on fire and Yin -being someone who manipulated ice- found it a bit uncomfortable. Taking a deep breath, she focused on her power and tried to visualize something cold. As soon as she did that, her body started to cool down. "Ahh...much better!" After calming her body down she looked back at his dark green eyes and shaking her head, she suddenly grabbed his hand. “Come on, let's go look for the damn book...By the way, is called “The Shining” by Stephen King.” Not saying another word she kept on dragging him; the fact that she didn't know where the horror section was and that being the main reason she asked for his help in the first place, completely forgotten.
Back to top Go down
BlazeBurst

BlazeBurst

PostSubject: Re: Reading a Book..cause Books rock(open to all)   Reading a Book..cause Books rock(open to all) EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 8:10 pm

Connor blinked while she dragged him...in the totally opposite direction from the horror section of the library, the book she was looking for however wouldn't be on the shelf anyway...he already had it. "Um I've been in here for a good hour or so, and your heading in the wrong direction" he said trying hard to suppress the smile that was attempting to appear. While her touch was a bit cooler than he expected, he just marked it up as a part of her gift. "In fact while I was in that section I've happened to have picked up that book, its currently sitting in my bag" he added as he stopped, just like a boulder would once it hit a wall. 'I realize she's cute and all, as well as the fact that she turns rather pink when she blushes, but why are you acting so...smart?' Beckett asked. Connor's right hand twitched slightly but he reached up and into his pack. 'Because Beckett, It just so happens...that I am smart, your just instinctive and sarcastic'
Back to top Go down
mimizmiley

mimizmiley

PostSubject: Re: Reading a Book..cause Books rock(open to all)   Reading a Book..cause Books rock(open to all) EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 10:22 pm

Yin's body jerked back a bit due to the sudden stop made by Connor. She was about to say something rude when she heard his comment. The blush from earlier returned full force. She had been dragging him in the wrong direction. She had been dragging him in the wrong direction! "Way to go, Yin. Way to go...You have set the bar high for how dumb you can look in front of someone." She looked at the ground while scolding herself in her head, her face still red from embarrassment. Realizing that she was still holding his hand, she quickly let go. Her body temperature was quickly rising and she was starting to feel a bit sick. The downside to being able to manipulate ice was the vulnerability to heat or fire. She took a few steps back from him and tried to calm herself again. However, it was a bit more difficult the second time. Still that didn't stop the smile from appearing on her face at the mention of him having the book she so desperately wanted. "Really!? You have it with you? ...Can I please borrow it? I'll give it back as soon as I finish; I promise." She looked straight at him, her violet eyes shimmering with hope. "Please say yes. Please say yes." Although her body was still a bit hotter than it should, the distraction of him actually having the book made her forget all about her embarrassing moment. This made her body cool down a bit faster and the sick feeling to go away.
Back to top Go down
BlazeBurst

BlazeBurst

PostSubject: Re: Reading a Book..cause Books rock(open to all)   Reading a Book..cause Books rock(open to all) EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 10:33 pm

Connor withdrew the book, cocking in his right hand. He looked thoughtful about it, but that was mostly for the fun of it. "I don't know...I mean I really just got to the middle of it..." He started, slowly turning it in his hands. He looked at her and smiled before holding it out to her. "But if it makes the pretty girl happy, she can have it and give it up to me once she's done" he finished. The time master felt Beckett probably metaphysically shaking with laughter. 'That was a little confident of you Connor, I do believe your flirting a bit with this girl' the voice said. 'Yes, it seems so, but I do enjoy Yin's company, why not be nice and charming to keep her a bit longer?' Connor thought back, his other half chuckled in reply.
Back to top Go down
mimizmiley

mimizmiley

PostSubject: Re: Reading a Book..cause Books rock(open to all)   Reading a Book..cause Books rock(open to all) EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 2:17 pm

He started, slowly turning it in his hands. He looked at her and smiled before holding it out to her. "But if it makes the pretty girl happy, she can have it and give it up to me once she's done" he finished. 

As soon as he gave her the book, she suddenly hugged him. "Yes! Thank you! Thank you! I promise, as soon as I finish I'll give it back."  She was about to kiss him on the cheek but due to how happy she was, she realized that her body temperature was dropping quickly. Releasing him, she put some space between them but not before giving him a sincere smile. She didn't want to bring him any harm. "You know...At first I didn't want nothing to do with you apart from some help to find this book, but now I realize that what I really wanted was someone to talk to." She looked at him, her eyes blazing with honesty. Not a single lie could be seen in them. "I've never said this before but I am glad I got to meet you, Connor. I hope you become my first true friend..." Her cheeks where dusted a slight pink but due to how her body was getting colder, it disappeared rapidly. The moisture in the air was already starting to freeze on her body, making it look like she had ice stuck to her skin. She tried to calm down but the happiness she was feeling at the moment was like no other; in fact, she had never felt so overjoyed. Though, it was understandable since Connor was the first person to be nice to her apart from her parents. Chuckling softly, she looked at him then at his backpack. "You don't happen to have something hot to drink in that backpack of yours? Or a jacket by any chance?" Yin knew she would look weird wearing two jackets in the middle of summer but she needed to stop her power from getting out of hand.
Back to top Go down
BlazeBurst

BlazeBurst

PostSubject: Re: Reading a Book..cause Books rock(open to all)   Reading a Book..cause Books rock(open to all) EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 2:32 pm

Connor looked at her, in those few second she had hugged him and kissed him on the cheek too, he had felt himself heat up for a few moments. He chuckled and put his pack on the floor, kneeling to it open his pack again, looking through it. He shook his head. "No drinks, but I can infact give you my jacket" he said pulling his jacket off so he was wearing a white button up underneath, holding it out to her. "And I'd happily be your friend Yin" he said with a little smile. It was possible he could even get a friend himself, he didn't have many in this school, not even in his first school. "I've been observing you, on a normal level of course, judging from your cool touch, and moisture that freezes around you, do you control ice?" He asked. It wasn't a long shot but he was curious and wondered if his conclusion was at least close.
Back to top Go down
mimizmiley

mimizmiley

PostSubject: Re: Reading a Book..cause Books rock(open to all)   Reading a Book..cause Books rock(open to all) EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 3:23 pm

Smiling at him, she accepted his jacket and put it over her own. As soon as she did that, her body stopped cooling down. The moisture that had stuck to her skin started to melt, making it look like she was sweating. "Thank you! And, I'm sorry if it gets wet." A smile appeared on her face, after hearing his reply to being her friend. "I'm glad you want to be my friend as well." She got a bit closer to him, though not much since she still didn't know if her gift was under control. Laughing, she nodded at his question. "Well, aren't you a smart one?...Yes, I am able to manipulate ice, still I have almost no control over it. It didn't help that I spent most of my childhood locked up in my house. Thanks to my loving parents, I didn't get the opportunity to look for someone who could help me learn more about it. Although I don't like this place very much, I still think it was, one of the best idea they had in a while. I hope here, I could learn to control it and be able to demonstrate to them that I'm not dangerous...." Her eyes dropped to the floor, her hands shaking a bit from anger. Though, she quickly recovered and looked back at him. "Anyway, I still think your power is so much cooler than mine."
Back to top Go down
BlazeBurst

BlazeBurst

PostSubject: Re: Reading a Book..cause Books rock(open to all)   Reading a Book..cause Books rock(open to all) EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 3:34 pm

He chuckled and shrugged. "I don't care if its wet, I'll just hang it up in my dorm later" he said. Connor smiled again, once she called him smart. "I'm a bit of an intellectual, only difference is that I recognize the feeling I have" he said. He glanced over at her hands, they had just stopped shaking, but he had a feeling that she had some problem with her parents treating her like a health risk. But still let it drop, not wanting to press on her apparent hot button. "Yin...would you believe me if I said that your probably the third girl I met here but you're  really the first one i tried to hang with?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reading a Book..cause Books rock(open to all)   Reading a Book..cause Books rock(open to all) Empty

Back to top Go down

Reading a Book..cause Books rock(open to all)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next