Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Raindrops and Puddles

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

Beata Bucks : 12436

Raindrops and Puddles - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raindrops and Puddles   Raindrops and Puddles - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 11:31 pm

Evelyn gingerly picked up the teapot and poured herself another steaming cup of tea. A pleasant aroma wafted through the air as the cup filled. It was a smoky, sweet fragrance. "Oh?" she asked as she set the kettle back down on the table between them. "I'd l-like to h-hear y-you play the v-violin sometime..." Evelyn murmured, glancing up at him with a sheepish smile. In the gray gloom, her blue eyes glowed almost violet. "I m-m-mean, I've h-heard it b-before k-kinda, but... heh... and, y-you know, only if y-you want to." Embarrassed, she let her eyes fall to the polished surface of the table."I can puh-p-play the p-p-p-piano a bit, s-so we c-could... m-maybe... um, heh, n-nevermind."

As if to punctuate her words, the radio crackled to life and eased into a new song. The chimes of piano keys filled the air, and a wistful voice rose with it, sounding all the more melancholic against the rain. "Into each li-iife some rain must fall," the voice sang. "But too much has fallen in miiine..." Evelyn sipped at her tea to keep herself from saying anything else. Fitting, she thought, her eyes drifting to the downpour outside. "Into each hea-aaart some teaaars must fall, but some day the suuun will shiii-iiine."
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

Beata Bucks : 9682

PostSubject: Re: Raindrops and Puddles   Raindrops and Puddles - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 4:36 am

Jason picked up his cup and took another sip, feeling the glass lift lighter in his hands as his drink quickly disappeared. He'd have to order another soon - with an extra shot this time around. He set the coffee down and gazed around the room thoughtfully. Well, maybe it wouldn't be good to play his instrument in this particular place. The entire floor was alive with the sounds of others talking and mumbling, each with there own drinks. You could clearly hear the sounds of the servers shuffling around and the soft, ringing clatter of the glass dishes. Along with the thundering rain outside, it wasn't as quiet as one would expect - but it was peaceful, in it's own sort of way.

He kept his eyes wandering until she started speaking up again, glancing back at her with a mild look of surprise. "You have?" Or, well, she kinda had? Jace frowned a bit, trying to remember where that could've been - he didn't play in front of many people often. The first thought that came to his mind was back in Nepal, but then the masks still blocked out the sound, didn't they? Maybe he had forgotten something? With a slight sigh of resignation, he let it go, watching her under the dim cafe lights. Admittedly, as slightly unnerving as it was to notice, her eyes did look pretty in the right light. Another thing he'd forgotten, he supposed. The thought was quickly brushed away. "It'd be my pleasure." Jason answered back simply, picking up another small cake and taking a bite.

Why did she do that? Try and back out at the last moment - as if he didn't know what she was going to say. "We could play together?" He finished for her, smiling a little. "I think we maybe could. I didn't know you could play." They'd have to start making a 'to-do' list at this point. Of course, it wasn't until the young man had said these last few words that he recalled a faint memory in the studio with Evelyn and his brother. With her sitting down at the piano nimbly - for some reason, though, he couldn't remember any of them actually play a song. Shit. some mysterious reasonn. cry.
Back to top Go down
https://beataacademy.rpg-board.net
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Raindrops and Puddles   Raindrops and Puddles - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 5:57 am

"Y-Yeah." Evelyn answered faintly, heart sinking. Did he not remember that either? Of course he doesn't, stupid. If he can't remember your name he won't remember that. She brought the tea cup back to her lips to hide her sudden drop in mood. Maybe he won't remember any of this either, Evelyn wondered forlornly. Her eyes flicked up at him and then away as she set tea back down, feeling awkward and uncomfortable all over again. She knew it wasn't his fault, but it still stung to be forgotten, even if he couldn't help it. It doesn't matter, the Winter told herself. Just try and enjoy this while you can.

"Some folks can lo-oose the bluuues in their hea-aaart," the voice sang. "But when I think of yooou, another shower starts." Evelyn watched a raindrop slowly trickle down the glass, leaving a wet trail in its wake. The song seemed to be picking up in pace and mood now, but she was still left with a bitter taste in her mouth. "Into each life some rain must fall, but too much, too much has fallen in mine." A woman picked up where the man left off, launching heartily into the next line. "Into each life some rain must fall," she repeated.  "But too much, too much is falling in mine..."
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: Raindrops and Puddles   Raindrops and Puddles - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 9:48 pm

For a few moments, he took a moment to stare down into his cup, the room momentarily disturb by a sudden flash of white light from the window. Jason quickly picked up on this. "One, two..." The young man muttered under his breath, counting with each passing second until a loud rumble was heard - competing with the sounds of the rain and café. Two miles off. The storm was passing straight over them and the rain pouring down even harder than before. He wondered how long it would linger here. Glancing across the table, he looked at Evelyn as she quietly looked at the rain, looking about as comfortable as she had been when he first sat down with her. The young man held back a sigh, knowing he fucked up, and unsure of what to say now. "Sorry." He said lowly, taking another sip of coffee.

After a minute of passing awkward silence, Jason took in a deep breath and let it out slowly, trying to regain his composure and shooting her small smile. "I tried learning how to play the piano when I was little. I was never really good at it." He admitted, trying to lighten the atmosphere. "My left hand never wanted to get along with my right." Jace could play quite a few instruments well enough, but that damn keyboard was not one of them. He stayed along the lines of stringed instruments. Still, he had quite a few good memories watching his father play the piano, whenever he could. "I bet you anything your playing is way more beautiful." She had that sort of vibe about her, though he wondered if it'd be "alright" to say so. He probably already knew what it sounded like.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Raindrops and Puddles   Raindrops and Puddles - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 3:33 am

Evelyn blinked at the sudden blinding flash of lightning and roll of thunder overhead. She tore her gaze away from the window and pursed her lips at Jace's muttered apology. Don't be, she wanted to say, I'm the one who should be sorry. There were so many things to apologize for, but the words didn't come. Instead Evelyn just smiled shyly at his little compliment. "I'm n-not t-that good, ha..." she said, vaguely remembering him giving a similar compliment to her piano playing before. It felt strange to talk as if that day had never happened. "I'm am... uh..." An embarrassed blush colored her cheeks as she screwed up her face, struggling on the word. "Amb-b-b-bi... A-A-mb... d-d..." Evelyn fell back into her seat with a quiet sigh, looking utterly deflated. "I-I can use b-both h-hands... Equally, t-that is. Y-Yeah..." she mumbled, turning her head down. Stupid...

"Some folks can lo-oose the bluuues in their hea-aaart, but when I think of yooou, another shower starts." It was certainly showering now, with the rain pelting down even harder than before. Evelyn wondered how late it would be by the time they could both leave. Maybe it'll rain the rest for the day... Dread filled her at the prospect of having to run through the driving rain, just as her clothes were starting to dry too. At least I wouldn't have to do it alone. She stole a quick glance up at Jace before letting her eyes fall back down to the fidgeting hands resting in her lap. It was comforting to know that she wouldn't be the only one soaking wet and freezing. Misery loves company, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: Raindrops and Puddles   Raindrops and Puddles - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 2:39 am

Ambidextrous. He held back the urge to finish the word for her and instead silently cheered her on, avoiding watching her and opting to listen instead, he glanced out to the window and watched the rain pour down and drum repeatedly on the window. "That's pretty lucky of you." Jason mused. He knew a few people who could write with a both hands, or multitask, after years of practice. He hadn't known anyone to be able to say that they could use both naturally. "You have the right build for it too. To play the piano, I mean. A pianist hands?" The Autumn looked down at her soft grasp around her tea-cup, her fingers long and slender. Once he thought about it, he supposed it could've been considered a strange compliment - not that he was really bothered if it was. He shot her a small smile, "You must've been born to play."

Another flash and a large rumble of thunder, this time only one mile off - or so he counted. Jason sighed and finished off the last of his coffee. The storm seemed to be moving by quickly. With a silent laugh, he prayed that the storm would sweep itself away soon enough. His head was starting to kill him and he didn't feel up to run for the school again in the cold, pounding rain. "It's looking more and more like we're gonna have to make a break for it." He mused, a little woefully.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Raindrops and Puddles   Raindrops and Puddles - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 6:05 am

Her blush deepened as the compliments piled on. She wasn't used to flattery, especially flattery of her... hands? Evelyn couldn't help but try and discretely look them over. Nobody had ever really praised her for anything before. It sounded horrible when you thought about it, but it was true. True, it was just stupid polite courtesy―he didn't even know what her playing sounded like―but for some reason, she felt oddly touched. The Winter looked up, shot him back another small smile, and looked back down too embarrassed to even try and thank him. "Into each life some rain must fall, but too much is falling in mine..."

Evelyn groaned half-jokingly at his observation. Only half. Her only jacket was her (sodden) school blazer, and the Winter dorms were the furthest from Rosebury. It would be a tiring enough run without the rain and wind on top of that, and a cold was the last thing she needed for the upcoming Spring Break, especially if she was traveling. She gulped down the rest of her tea and set it down, wiping her mouth with the back of her hand. Not very ladylike, and she glanced away with an abashed expression. I'm letting my guard down...
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: Raindrops and Puddles   Raindrops and Puddles - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 4:13 am

Maybe he was being a bit too friendly with her? Jason watched her quietly with a soft smile and expression, waiting for her to say something, but she seemed a bit overwhelmed. He couldn't find the right words to say then and instead opting for stuffing one more cake into his mouth and flagging down their waitress, calling and making a quick motion that spelled out "check" fairly well. The woman gave him a strange look, glanced out the window, but said nothing and went to gather the bill together. "No rush..." He muttered under his breath, listening and waiting for the rain to show any sign of slowing down.

Jace glanced up, seeing her hastily gulp down the last of her tea and wipe any remains away with her hand. He honestly hadn't thought much of it until she looked away, suddenly embarrassed. He simply laughed a little, turning his head the other way to hide his smile. "If we're lucky, the rain will let up soon." The young man mused aloud, "The Autumn dorms are closest, right? We can go there first if you want."
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Raindrops and Puddles   Raindrops and Puddles - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 1:14 am

Evelyn nodded faintly. Where else would they stop? Dorm 101 and the safety and warmth of her room were far away. If they had to run for it, they had little choice. "Uh, s-sure..." Averting her eyes, she gazed out the window and watched the raindrops stream down in rivulets. Just on the other side of the glass it was chaos, but from in here, it all seemed so distant. The rhythmic beating on the roof lulled her into a sort of trance as she stared outside, dappled shadows dancing across her face, with violet eyes seemingly absorbing the silver light filtering through the window. With the quietest of sighs, she lifted a slender finger and set it to the misted glass. One stroke as if from an artist's brush, another, and then a looping line underneath, and then she pulled her hand away.

A simple face smiled down at them from the clouded window, but in spite of its apparent happiness a trickle of rain ran down from one of its eyes like a tear. Evelyn beamed back at her quaint creation and folded her hands back on the table, pushing all her nagging worries out of her mind, if only for a few moments. She'd enjoy this rain while she could, before she had to make a break for it. The face continued to weep, but the smile didn't fade. Was it possible to cry and smile at the same time?
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: Raindrops and Puddles   Raindrops and Puddles - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 11, 2014 5:59 am

He couldn't help but glance back again at Evelyn out of his own mild curiosity, though he couldn't look for long. Even in the dim, soft atmosphere, looking at her was starting to feel more and more like gazing at a blinding white, forcing him to advert his eyes again and again, and focus other things. How dry his clothes were, how long that server was taking, the rain on the window and the smile it carried. Jace saw the Winter draw her finger away from the small artwork, looking rather satisfied with her simplistic drawing. He hadn't much time to dwell on it though, putting his elbows on the table and burying his face in his hands, he shut his eyes and tried to will his  hurtful headache away.

Even when their waitress finally came, he didn't notice. She set a slip of paper on the table, placed the rest of the cakes in a small paper bag, and made off with their dishes. It was with deep breath and a heavy sigh that Jace finally pulled himself out of his seat, taking out his wallet and tossing a few large bills on the table. He threw the cakes in his bag and tied it before grabbing his blazer and walking to the door, peering outside. "Ready?" He asked when Evelyn came hp behind him.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Raindrops and Puddles   Raindrops and Puddles - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 12, 2014 3:24 pm

Evelyn's trance snapped as Jace dished out the cash and climbed out of his seat. Suddenly the rain wasn't looking so peaceful; until just then it had been sweet sad music, but now it chaotic, almost ominous. As if to reinforce her fears, another crack of lightning split the sky, and the air was filled with a tumultuous roar of thunder. She rushed to slip on her blazer and slid off her seat to join him, shadowing after the boy closely as he walked to the door. Oh shit, she thought, trailing after his heels. This was it. Her gaze lingered on their little table and she silently bid the cozy, warm sanctuary goodbye. Evelyn paused at the door. "R-Ready," she affirmed, casting a nervous glance to the storm raging outside. More ready than I'll ever be. A little fall of rain could hardly hurt her now, or so she told herself, but Evelyn couldn't be so sure looking at this downpour. It was coming down in a blinding torrential wash, and the street was swollen like a river.

The girl smiled nervously up at him, more to reassure herself than anything. "M-Make sure y-you c-can keep up, t-though. I w-wouldn't w-want to leave you b-behind." That sweet shy smile turned devious. She stepped forward, and with a deep breath, forced open the door.

Chingalingaling, the door's bell rang, signalling the race had begun.

Icy cold air rushed in to greet them, and Evelyn had to brace herself against the wind that howled in her ears and blew back her hair. With no time to waste, however, she pushed through and dashed into the street. Her feet sent up sprays of water with each step, soaking her shoes, and out in the open she was met with the first splattering of freezing rain across her face. "Come on!" she called, but she wasn't even sure if she could heard above the downpour.
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: Raindrops and Puddles   Raindrops and Puddles - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 3:41 am

He didn't feel like putting on his damp blazer on, knowing it'd only be soaking wet again in a matter of moments. He wrapped it around his store bag instead, tucking it safely under his arm, a little thrown off when he felt Evelyn brushed past up, putting her hands against the door. Looking down at her, Jace raising an eyebrow, his surprise only growing when she threatened him with leaving him in the dust - or in the mud, more appropriately. He gave her a strange look, seeing the wicked smile on her face, thinking how new that was. Did she just challenge him? That simply wouldn't do.

The door flew open and sent a spray of mist and chilled wind their way, making him instantly flinch. It was too late to turn back now, wasn't it? His answer was quickly given as he saw Evelyn bolt out the door. She sure as hell was a lot braver than he was, he thought as he jumped outside after him. It was a horrible feeling, the freezing water splashing onto him, quickly filling his shoes and climbing up his legs - getting worse and worse with every step he took; forget the even colder drops that rained down on them from above. "Shit!" He shouted, instantly regretting this run, but laughing all the same.

Jason kept up the pace, though, glancing up and seeing Evelyn already several feet away from him. 'God dammit, how's she so fast?' He thought for not the first time. He suddenly recalled chasing her down again once before, down a much drier hallway, though he vaguely remembered - it felt completely different than from what was happening now. The memory was quickly washed away. It was sort of hard to forget you were fleeing for home in the middle of a God-damned storm. He pushed the uncomfortable feeling of the soaking water out of his mind and picked up the pace, being toe-to-toe with her by the time they left Rosebury behind. Although it didn't take long to reach the school, in this weather, it couldn't feel further away.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Raindrops and Puddles   Raindrops and Puddles - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 16, 2014 2:51 pm

Evelyn's breathless laughter carried above the wailing wind that tugged at her clothes and hair, trying and failing to slow her down. They raced side by side, head to head, through the street and town and Beata's tall pompous gates, past bewildered townsfolk and other students, until the residential buildings came into sight. She ran, with the mud sucking at her shoes with each step and the damp grass tickling at her legs, and made a leaping bound through the sheet of water cascading off the roof's edge, breaking through the other side with an audible splash. A smile spread across her face as she leaned back on the brick wall. "I win!" Evelyn declared in between pants, planting her hands on her knees as she tried to catch her breath. Red-faced, sopping wet, and puffing hard from the exertion, she looked as happy as she'd ever been.

She peeled off the soaking blazer by the sleeve and threw it over her shoulder. Her clothes were ruined, but for the moment she didn't care. Evelyn had left her senses behind in the snug little cafe. "You're too s-s-slow," she breathed with a faint smirk. The Winter ran a hand through her soaking hair and stood upright, lightly shivering in the cold, glancing down at the soaking shirt clinging to her body. This uniform wasn't made for running through the rain. She turned that mischievous smile on him again. "M-Maybe you should eat less p-pastries."
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: Raindrops and Puddles   Raindrops and Puddles - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 19, 2014 1:06 am

It was amazing how even in the freezing, pouring rain he could feel a fire burning in his legs and his lungs, making it even more difficult to keep up with the fleeting Winter aside him. Still, he managed to give her a run for her money, though it came as no surprise to him when she found the energy to make a leap through the dormatory's small waterfalls. Jason made a jump for it himself not a few moments later.

The blond put his hands forward against the wall to stop himself from crashing into the building. With a breathless laugh, he proped his elbow up and tried to retrieve all the air he had lost. "Oh, please." He huffed, the grin unmistakable on his face. "I could throw you back to Rosebury if I wanted." Jason muttered. He had thought he was in rather good shape. God, not like this, though.

With water still dripping from his hair and into his eyes, he glanced down at Evelyn, his face was flushed with red as he noticed how drenched she was - her clothes clinging to her body. "You - ah -" He laughed again, digging around in his pocket, taking a few steps. He glanced up and saw the bright smile on her face. He'd never seen her look so happy before, thinking that alone made her like an entirely different person. Eve's grin was beyond contagious. "Yeah, you win, this time." He spun around, unlocking the door to the Autumn dorms and stepping inside, holding the door open for her. He was slightly put off by how warm it was.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: Raindrops and Puddles   Raindrops and Puddles - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 19, 2014 6:00 pm

With a mock curtsey and one last smirk, Evelyn ducked inside for the safety of the building. An unexpected warm greeted her as she stepped inside, her footsteps echoing off the hard floor and blank walls. The Residence Hall had a lifeless, sterile feel to it, the most interesting thing she could find being a dim light overhead dressed in cobwebs. Still, it was good to have a roof over her head again, as exhilarating as their race through the storm had been. She tucked her hands into her armpits and leaned against a cold white wall, her eyes wandering over each door, wondering which belonged to Jace. Evelyn shifted uncomfortably in the soaking shirt clinging to her skin, wishing she had the forethought to bring a jacket. At least I'm not the only one who's drenched., she thought as she glanced in Jace's direction. Her gaze lingered before she tore her eyes away and focused them on a patch of carpeted floor, trying to seem as innocuous as possible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raindrops and Puddles   Raindrops and Puddles - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Raindrops and Puddles
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next