Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

The 'devil' arrived at Beata.

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

Beata Bucks : 10686

The 'devil' arrived at Beata. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 'devil' arrived at Beata.   The 'devil' arrived at Beata. - Page 2 EmptyTue May 26, 2015 8:06 pm

To say she was shocked was an understatement. No, she was absolutely dumbfounded. Friends, huh? Even for someone as social as her and enjoyed talking like a butterfly who wouldn't stop at one flower for nectar, constantly flying into the autumn air as the moon shone on the silver pavement so far away and one big October leaf drifted by, Nicola didn't consider having friends. Her brother was always enough, though he didn't really share the sentiment... Maybe because he was lonely with just her. Not like it was her fault though. "Friends, huh?"

She didn't like how her voice sounded so broken and hurt. Not at all. She had found friends in Rei and Ken, sure, but that was it. She didn't consider anyone else close enough. Even those two were merely acquaintances at the most, met by fate one day.

OOC;; I'm sorry. QQ
Back to top Go down
Badger
The Almighty Badger Goddess
Badger

Beata Bucks : 11286

PostSubject: Re: The 'devil' arrived at Beata.   The 'devil' arrived at Beata. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:44 pm

Devin nodded at those simple words. "Yup, friends. I mean, I always had my sister to talk to, but she isn't gifted like me and is at a college of her own...And I've never had anybody to talk to other then her with fearing of people learning of my gift, but now?" His expression quickly turned to a happy one as he went on. "But now it doesn't really matter as I am no longer alone; every one here is gifted or at least know about gifts. I don't have to hide who I am, so I can make true friends for once in my life!"

Occ: It's fine~
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: The 'devil' arrived at Beata.   The 'devil' arrived at Beata. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 4:23 pm

Yeah, Nicola was envious of how easy Devin seemed to think it was. Friends... were they really easy to make? No, most humans never understood. Even in a school filled with powers - if you had even the slightest hint of "evil" or "darkness" in your 'gift', expect to be an outcast. There was even people who didn't want to hang out with other students because of how they acted. A number of students weren't even aware that she was a student like them. "That's cool, I guess," the Summer girl replied with shrug, trying to dismiss her jealousy for just a bit. It wasn't normal for her to be like this at all.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: The 'devil' arrived at Beata.   The 'devil' arrived at Beata. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 9:11 am

Now, Devin wasn't completely sure about how easy it was to make friends. He never had tried before, but things seemed to be going well with Nicola, so that was something to help his attitude toward the whole friend making. He glanced at Nicola, his green eyes studying her for a few moments. "I mean, I already have a friend which is great, cause I have you!" He paused, seeing how she was going to react to those simple words, hoping she would approve of his thought that they were friends. Like, if he could already get a friend this early into his school year here, that was a great sign. Cause, you know, he really wanted one.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: The 'devil' arrived at Beata.   The 'devil' arrived at Beata. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 4:26 pm

Quite frankly, Nicola wanted a friend too, though she wouldn't exactly admit it to some stranger. There were a lot of perks that came with friends, but she never really did understand how they worked. Now, imagine some guy who you just met says your his friend and you have no experience with having friends. "Wait, what?" she huffed starkly, surprised by the sudden proclamation Devin had stated. "You, me... friends? We just met like... five minutes ago!" As if to emphasize the point, she had stuck her finger out and pointed at both of them in turn.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: The 'devil' arrived at Beata.   The 'devil' arrived at Beata. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 6:45 am

Well, that wasn't the answer Devin was looking for., or at least hoping for A frown crossed his face as he titled his head at her. "Well...I mean, yeah," he said softly, kicking at the ground as he ran one of his hands though his hair in a nervous motion. "But I mean, other then for the misunderstanding at the start, we are getting along pretty well. I mean, at least we have almost similar powers! That's something!" he gave her a soft smile, but the hopefulness that he had a few moments ago had flickered out. So...Maybe he didn't have a friend yet, but he was getting there!...He hoped.

Occ: Goshdangit, Nicola, accept his friendship! YOU CAN'T ESCAPE IT!
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: The 'devil' arrived at Beata.   The 'devil' arrived at Beata. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 10:40 pm

She had a thoughtful look on her face, pondering on the idea for a few moments. It seemed like that in a way, and well, the guy was pretty nice to her in general and she had not exactly killed him yet... Oh, why not? Nicola shook her head, letting out a sigh, "I guess. Guess I have to promise not to officially kill you one day, right?"

OOC;; I'm sorry I take forever. And sorry for super sucky post.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: The 'devil' arrived at Beata.   The 'devil' arrived at Beata. - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 9:06 am

Devin frowned as she spoke again, unable to tell if she was kidding or not. A soft, almost nervous laugh escaped him as he blinked his green eyes at her. “I suppose you will have to...Friends don’t normally kill each other,” he said as he attempted to give her a small smile. Under his long-coat, his tail flickered as he went on. “I mean...Maybe in extreme cases that might happen but...Yeah, you are gonna have to promise not to kill me,” he said, smiling softly, showing off his fangs. Man, he was hoping she was kidding...
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: The 'devil' arrived at Beata.   The 'devil' arrived at Beata. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 4:14 pm

The frown was a big indicator to her what Devin was thinking. Nicola matched his laugh with her own, much more light-hearted one in response, "I'm kidding." The corners of her mouth had twitched into a smile as she grabbed the boy's hand without thinking. Heh, he felt kinda like her brother a bit, but that's probably because they have the same power. Oh wait, actually... "You have a sister? Does she go here?"
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: The 'devil' arrived at Beata.   The 'devil' arrived at Beata. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 5:22 pm

Another laugh echoed when Nicola proclaimed that she was kidding, as he gave her a soft smile. "I figured but..." he drifted off when she grabbed his hand, although he took no action to pull away. Instead, he only smiled back at her. Yessssssss, friendship. But he blinked in surprise when she asked him about his family, nodding slightly although a slight frown worked his way onto his face. "I do have a sister, but she doesn't go here...She wasn't born with a gift."
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: The 'devil' arrived at Beata.   The 'devil' arrived at Beata. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 6:38 pm

"I thought gifts were genetic?" she asked curiously, as her smile faded away and twisted her face back into the neutral emotion it was in a few moments before. Was this a sensitive subject or something? To be fair, Nicola knew her brother had a rather different gift before he well... kicked the bucket. Somewhat. No, not really. "Err... what does genetic mean again?"
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: The 'devil' arrived at Beata.   The 'devil' arrived at Beata. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 7:17 pm

Devin blinked as Nicola asked about genetics, causing a soft grin to break out on his face. "They are genetic according to my dad. And genetic means that they are past down from parent to child, but every child only gets half of their parents genetic code," he explained, having learned this from his homeschooling. His mother was a teacher, so she hadn't slacked on his teaching even thought he didn't go to a real school. "Of course some genes might be dormant or recessive, being either not active or hidden behind stronger genes. This helps determine your hair color for example..." he drifted off, before deciding to stay on topic with the whole power thing. "Let's put in the sense of powers. My mom isn't gifted, while my dad is. My sister might not have gotten his gift at all, or she might have it but it is dormant and won't ever show itself...But maybe if the future if she has a kid, it might have it...You know?" As he finished, he realized he might of gone a bit overboard. Clearly giving lessons was something he got from his mother. Whoops.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: The 'devil' arrived at Beata.   The 'devil' arrived at Beata. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 8:22 pm

Nicola looked a little dizzy from all the information that Devin had practically flooded into her head. She personally had not caught most of what he had said, and only tiny portions had actually retained itself in her smaller mind. It was too confusing for an eight year old... "Too much Devin..." she muttered, shaking her head, a little wobbly. It was something she saw in movies and thought it'd be kind of fun to imitate, though whether it was realistic or not was a different case that the small Summer did not know for sure.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: The 'devil' arrived at Beata.   The 'devil' arrived at Beata. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 11:35 am

Watching Nicola shake her head in response to all of the information that Devin had just released onto her caused the boy to laugh, his green eyes glimmering with amusement as he smiled softly at her. "Sorry, Nicola. I guess I got carried away," he said with a small shrug of his shoulders. "Suppose I can make it simple...Gifts can be past from parents to child, but doesn't always happen or isn't always active in the person, but may be active in a future generation" He hope that his simplify version would be helpful, but he knew that if he wasn't careful he could go back on 'full out teacher mode.' Homeschooling hadn't been a waste on this kid.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: The 'devil' arrived at Beata.   The 'devil' arrived at Beata. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 7:04 pm

A small "ooh" escaped her mouth, and she gave a feverish nod in understanding. Nicola then replied, "In other words, kids can get the gift from the parent, but it doesn't happen every single time?" Somehow, she felt like she was repeating exactly what he said and missed maybe a phrase, but at the same time, her way felt simpler. The Summer student still wasn't that aware of what the word "active" meant, or at least, all of its meanings.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 'devil' arrived at Beata.   The 'devil' arrived at Beata. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The 'devil' arrived at Beata.
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next