Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

The Yeti of the Lower Himilayas

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Frosty
Frosty

Beata Bucks : 11685

The Yeti of the Lower Himilayas - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Yeti of the Lower Himilayas   The Yeti of the Lower Himilayas - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 4:27 pm

Sooo, no picture. Kimply's face dropped with disappointment, and she began to fidget with a few loose string on her scarf. So she wouldn't be able to find it on her own. But at least they had an expert guiding them. She just felt bad that she wouldn't be able to use her power to help out in any way. She grabbed her fancy mask, tracing her finger across the soft material on the inside before strapping the white equipment on. She looked around, strangely quiet for the girl.
Finally, at the mention of a plan, she spoke up. "Evelyn's right. We need a plan. Otherwise we'll end up getting our torso ripped into two or something else equally terrifying." She placed her bow in her lap, looking around, meeting each person's eyes. "Firstly, I vote wolf-guy as bait." She proposed with a straight face. Whether she was kidding or not, was hard to tell. She had only briefly spoken to Montare on the long trip, and only knew of his power, nothing more.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Admiral of the SS Sexbang
Jay

Beata Bucks : 8783

PostSubject: Re: The Yeti of the Lower Himilayas   The Yeti of the Lower Himilayas - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 4:34 pm

Lotte looked up at Kimply. "I agree." she said quietly, before looking at her knees again. The incident at the pool was still fresh in her mind. Suddenly, the tent flap opened, and a man that looked in his late twenties appeared. "Hello there, my friends." said the man. He was a handsome man, with a clear British accent that was not as slurred and botched as Richter's. "My name is Simon. I will be your guide. I've been studying these ranges as much as I could from England, and have been trekking the area with my buddies up here as to test my guidance skills. I will be taking you to the cave."
He smiled, and Lotte's heart began to race. He sure was...handsome, and kind too. Ethel even looked surprised to find someone like that in a place like Nepal, practicing science.
Back to top Go down
Mount
Hamburglar
Mount

Beata Bucks : 10947

PostSubject: Re: The Yeti of the Lower Himilayas   The Yeti of the Lower Himilayas - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 4:52 pm

Montare listened as the others spoke with each other until Kimply had suggested he be bait. "Hell no!" he blurted out in response as Simon entered the tent. Shit, there wasn't going to be much time to think of a new plan to save himself.
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

Beata Bucks : 9658

PostSubject: Re: The Yeti of the Lower Himilayas   The Yeti of the Lower Himilayas - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 4:54 pm

"Actually, that's not a bad idea." Jason said, a smile of mischief quickly growing on his face. "That Yeti is hungry, right? If you could lure it out of the cave, we could all catch it off guard - right?" His gaze flickered to Kimply. Genius, girl~. He gave a quick nod to Simon as he walked in, but said not much else.
Back to top Go down
https://beataacademy.rpg-board.net
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

Beata Bucks : 12412

PostSubject: Re: The Yeti of the Lower Himilayas   The Yeti of the Lower Himilayas - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 6:58 pm

Evelyn stood, looking down at the helmet. She didn't even pay attention to the handsome English man, who was... well, very handsome from what she could seen from the corner of her eye. Her mind was full of worry as they discussed a plan. No... no animal she knew would stand to fight five people by itself, no matter how aggressive it was. She doubted that it'd try to eat a human, or even a wolf. No, that would be silly... completely silly. It was probably some monkey or bear or something anyways.

"It stole food, right...?" Evelyn spoke up suddenly. "It didn't hunt the scientists... so w-why should it bother with him...?" She could feel her confidence beginning to drain again, but she forced herself to continue. Her voice sounded shaky and she gripped the helmet tightly in her hands, hugging it to her chest. "H-he'd be too t-troublesome... a-and who is to say it won't just r-run when it sees... all of us...?"
Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

PostSubject: Re: The Yeti of the Lower Himilayas   The Yeti of the Lower Himilayas - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 7:54 pm

Simon looked at Evelyn, and walked by her, kneeling so he could reach her face as she sat. "That's a good question, ma'am. The problem is, though, after it exhausts our food supply, we'll have to abandon an operation that costed a lot of money for a lot of organizations. Plus, who knows if it won't kill our people here when it takes all our food? It has been relying on and terrorizing the native population for a long time, from what I hear." he smiled at Evelyn. "Don't worry. This thing may be tough, but it is no match for a group of strong children as you. Your school is the only people who didn't laugh in our faces, and the only ones we can count on."
He stood once more. "We should get going in around ten. Take care of...erm...any businesses until then."
Simon walked out of the tent then, as to wait for the group. Lotte blinked. Bathroom; It had not crossed her mind. She eyed a corner of the tent, where a bucket sat in the corner with a curtain sat. No, never. She'd wait until after they beat this monster and were on a nice, comfortable plane...
Back to top Go down
Frosty
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: The Yeti of the Lower Himilayas   The Yeti of the Lower Himilayas - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 8:10 pm

Kimply frowned, leaning forward and placing her elbows on her knees. "Are you saying we offer up food? Because I doubt we have enough to waste." She bit her lip, deep in thought. "So... No on sacrif- I mean letting Big Bad lure the monster in?" Kimply stuck out her bottom lip, a bit disappointed.
It seemed to Kimply that Evelyn was suggesting they just give up. Or not kill the beast, at least. Though, the indigo eyed girl found no other way around it in her mind, but she didn't argue anymore. Instead she played around with the bow in her hands, running her arm up and down the wood and plastic of the weapon absentmindedly.
At Simon's words, Kimply turned to look at the bathroom. And quickly decided that the mission probably wouldn't take that long. No need to use a bucket when she could wait, right? Righhht.
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: The Yeti of the Lower Himilayas   The Yeti of the Lower Himilayas - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 8:23 pm

Jason's gaze traveled over to the bucket of the corner. He gave half a laugh, as if that were a joke instead of a serious offer. Personally, he'd rather just go write his name out in the snow. /shotdownplz
The young man shrugged, "I doubt that they would either." He frowned, swinging the mask around in his hands and looking surprisingly thoughtful, "I still say that we hide and have wolf-boy lure it out... Jump it by surprise. But, if not that..." He picked up the helmet-thing again, giving it a quick look over, "These things block out wind and sound so we can hear each other through mics, right? If we can corner it, I could play it to sleep - It'd be easy to finish it off then." If that would even work. He hadn't exactly tried his power on giant, furry monsters before. He shrugged again, eh. An idea was an idea.
Back to top Go down
Mount
Hamburglar
Mount

PostSubject: Re: The Yeti of the Lower Himilayas   The Yeti of the Lower Himilayas - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 8:55 pm

Montare let out a sigh through his mask, seeing as he might still have to act as bait now. When he heard Simon mention handling any business he eyed the bucket in the corner. Did it have to be a bucket? Yeah, getting up and walking over to it wouldn't be awkward and embarrassing at all. "Uhm...I..err..." had trouble finding the words. Montare was glad the mask hid his face to hide his emotions.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: The Yeti of the Lower Himilayas   The Yeti of the Lower Himilayas - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 2:31 pm

Evelyn looked away as Simon walked out of the ten, turning away from the group and staring into the helmet in her arms. There was no avoiding it, it seemed... But couldn't they capture it? Surely there was some kind of scientific benefit to finding something like that? They were here for a scientific expedition, so why not?

She sighed lightly, gripping the helmet tightly. If Jace put it to sleep, then no one got hurt... the governments of the UK and Nepal would love to have something like this, she was sure of it, so why did they want to kill it?
Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

PostSubject: Re: The Yeti of the Lower Himilayas   The Yeti of the Lower Himilayas - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 8:53 pm

Ten minutes passed! D:<
Lotte and the group walked outside to find Simon waiting, smoking a cigarette. It was so odd how such a thing could burn in such cold temperatures, but it was possible. The wind had died down, and the sun was high in the air. It was around two in the afternoon, and they had a perfect amount of daylight left. Simon smiled at the group, dropping the remainder of the cigarette and crushing it into the snow, it instantly going out on impact with the frozen precipitation. "You guys ready? If so, I'd like to leave now." said the English man, looking up at the sun and then pointing to his wrist, in which might or might not have had a watch under it. Lotte, meanwhile, missed the heaters in the tents, and longed to retreat back into them. Though, the quicker they defeated this thing, the quicker they went home.
Where was Richter? Maybe actually doing his job? He surely was no where outside, though he could have been sleeping off that whiskey he had earlier...
Back to top Go down
Frosty
Frosty

PostSubject: Re: The Yeti of the Lower Himilayas   The Yeti of the Lower Himilayas - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 9:16 pm

Walking out of the tent, Kimply immediately longed for that warmth again. Hugging her arms around her frame, she watched her breath cloud up as soon as it left her lips. Thankfully, the new mask helped a lot more than her old one, and the wind had died down substantially, so she didn't feel like burying herself in the snow and killing herself right there anymore. Which was good.
Kimply looked around at the group, before answering first. "As ready as I'll ever be to go chase down a giant snow beast." She replied, her voice surprisingly light. Now that she had a purpose, and now that they were about to head out, this mission suddenly became real in her mind. However, instead of freaking out, she began to grow more excited as she hastily put her strawberry blonde hair into a loose ponytail.
Let's go find a Yeti.
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: The Yeti of the Lower Himilayas   The Yeti of the Lower Himilayas - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 11:43 pm

Jace wanted to be the last one out of the test - or at least, one of the last; pure stubborn protectiveness kept him behind to make sure Montare wasn't out of his sight alone with any of the girls. So, he stood waiting by Evelyn for a few moments. Believe it or not, he did actually notice her - more specifically, how quiet she was. He got the feeling that something was wrong. The young man didn't say something, though, until he they had gotten outside - throwing a hood back up over his head - he leaned down a bit so she could hear him better; still waiting until the last minute to put his mask on. "Hey, are you alright?" He questioned, ready to follow Simon wherever.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: The Yeti of the Lower Himilayas   The Yeti of the Lower Himilayas - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 12:08 am

Evelyn had been lagging behind the rest of the group, still clinging to the helmet even as she walked outside. Her eyes were staring blankly in front of her, the blowing winds and crunching of snow under their feet drowned out by her deep thought. Still, even though it wasn't as cold the cold air made her ears and face burn when compared to the heat of the tent. She was just about to give in and put the helmet on when Jace's voice brought her to attention, looking up to see him right beside her. Had he waited?

Evelyn bit her bottom lip, worry written across her face and eyes. The question caught her off guard, and she couldn't help but hesitate before answering. For some strange reason, she felt urged to confide in him and tell him what was on her mind, but... no, she couldn't do that. "Y-yeah..." she said, forcing a lightness into her voice. "J-just a bit... nervous..."
Back to top Go down
Mount
Hamburglar
Mount

PostSubject: Re: The Yeti of the Lower Himilayas   The Yeti of the Lower Himilayas - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 6:20 am

Montare threw his hood back onto his head. It, combined with his mask, shielded his entire head from the from the cold when he walked out of the tent to join the others. The wind had died down, and it stopped snowing, but the tent was still much warmer than it was outside. Montare reached his hand into his pocket, feeling for his dagger.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Yeti of the Lower Himilayas   The Yeti of the Lower Himilayas - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Yeti of the Lower Himilayas
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next