Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Silence of the Mute [Open]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

Beata Bucks : 8523

Silence of the Mute [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Silence of the Mute [Open]   Silence of the Mute [Open] EmptySat Jun 18, 2016 4:33 pm

Casey Galloway was already annoyed with everyone, and he'd barely been here a week. Slamming a book down on the table, he sat down and stared at the cover for a while. He'd read it a thousand times back home, when he had nothing better to do, which was always, but he never tired of it. His Spell n' Speak was already sitting on the table, in case anyone decided to be rude and interrupt him. Yawning, he cracked open the old book to page one. "Mr. and Mrs. Dursley, of number four, Privet Drive, were proud to say that they were perfectly normal, thank you very much. They were the last people you'd expect to be involved in anything strange or mysterious, because they just didn't hold with such nonsense." he read in his mind. He loved this book and every book after it. Soon he was too in depth in the book and he wouldn't notice anyone walking up to him unless they made their appearance known deliberately.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

Beata Bucks : 9436

PostSubject: Re: Silence of the Mute [Open]   Silence of the Mute [Open] EmptySat Jun 18, 2016 11:41 pm

Rose walked towards the library in her arms were a few books on cars. She had read most of all of the books she held, that parts she didn't read was something that wasn't too important to her. As she stepped into the quiet room, she carefully place the books on the counter to be placed back to wherever they belong and to know that she had returned them. Stepping silently to a shelf near the table that Casey was sitting at she scanned the books there, trying not to disturb anyone.

Once she spotted the book she wanted she tried to grab it, standing on her toes to try and grab it. Her finger pulled at the top of the book, but she wasn't prepared for it to fall. Her hands scrambled to catch the book but it failed and ended up hitting her on the head and then fell to the floor with a thud that sounded loud due to the environment. "O-ow...." She said rubbing her head.
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

PostSubject: Re: Silence of the Mute [Open]   Silence of the Mute [Open] EmptySun Jun 19, 2016 7:30 am

The Spring wouldn't have noticed anyone was there had it not been for the loud noise as a book smacked on the floor. He looked up and smirked slightly at the girl rubbing her head. He knew all too well about grabbing things that were too high for him to reach. Grabbing his Spell n' Speak reluctantly, he typed out: "Are you okay?" Strapping on the Spell n' Speak to his wrist like a watch, he closed the book and looked over at the girl, getting a good look at her. She looked shy and like she was about ready to cry at any time. He stood and grabbed the book off the floor. He noticed that the girl was a couple inches taller than he was, nothing he wasn't already used to. "Here you go." he typed out. The robotic voice that came from the Spell n' Speak had always creeped him out, but it was the only thing he had, unless they knew sign language, which was rare.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Silence of the Mute [Open]   Silence of the Mute [Open] EmptySun Jun 19, 2016 9:46 am

The girl jumped as soon as she heard the robotic voice. She spun quickly to face the boy who was speaking to her, or rather using a machine to speak to her. Her brown eyes were a bit wide, but after seeing the boy was shorter than her and probably younger than her she calmed down a bit. "I'm..... fine.." She said slowly. She didn't need to be stuttering. Her hands where at the end of her sweater fumbling with it slightly. When he handed the book to her she hesitated slightly before lifting a hand and taking it. "Thank.. you.... sorry... to disturb.. you.." She said to the boy, avoiding looking at him.
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

PostSubject: Re: Silence of the Mute [Open]   Silence of the Mute [Open] EmptySun Jun 19, 2016 3:49 pm

Casey shrugged, stifling a yawn. "It's alright. I'm not really busy anyway." the machine on the boy's wrist said. He was just about to sit back down when he realized he should probably introduce himself. Stopping mid-step, he turned back to the girl and typed into his machine: "We haven't introduced ourselves. I'm Casey." He sighed, looking down at his feet, noticing that his shoes were dirty. He'd have to clean those later. He looked back at the table he was sitting on. He looked anywhere that didn't include looking in the girl's eyes. He'd always had a problem with maintaining eye contact, so he had no idea that Rose was looking away from him as well.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Silence of the Mute [Open]   Silence of the Mute [Open] EmptyThu Jun 23, 2016 5:57 pm

He wasn't busy? He looked busy when she had walked in, rather focused on the book he had. He was probably just lying to make her feel better. Her fingers that weren't latched on to the book were fumbling with the end of her sweater out of nervousness. "Ah... R-Rose.." Dang it. She ended up stuttering anyway. She moved her hand away from her sweater and grabbed the book tightly and held it against her chest. She was glad her gift wasn't acting up in this moment. She was getting better, but still not good enough yet.

She didn't know what else to say. She just looked at the book in her hands which was on cars. She wasn't used to talking to people. It was always someone who did the talking for her... but she was on her own now. So she had to find something to say right? "Umm... So... do you like... cars?" She slightly frowned at herself as soon as she said that. Stupid! That was the really the only thing you could thing of?
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

PostSubject: Re: Silence of the Mute [Open]   Silence of the Mute [Open] EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 1:16 pm

Casey shrugged and typed on his talker. It said: "They're alright. I'm not old enough to drive, so I don't know much about them. I can tell you do, though." he nodded his head towards the book he had handed to her. Noticing the girl's body language, Casey thought that she seemed like more of an anxiety-ridden wreck than he was.

OOC: Casey shrugs a lot

OOC2: Someone can interrupt if they'd like
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Silence of the Mute [Open]   Silence of the Mute [Open] EmptyWed Jun 29, 2016 9:45 am

Rose nodded. "Yeah... I do.." She said looking down at the book. It was one of the things that kept her mind off of her situation, and it just carried over to after it was over. "I just find them interesting.. all the models... and different types..." Each car was unique, but some of them were better than others. They just looked nicer and just preformed better. "How.... how they work is interesting too.." She said in her soft voice. How all those different parts just came together to make a functioning machine to get people to places faster.
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

PostSubject: Re: Silence of the Mute [Open]   Silence of the Mute [Open] EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 1:01 pm

He nodded at the girl. Everyone had their interests, but cars just weren't Casey's thing. He typed into his speaking machine and a few moments later it read aloud: "Yeah, the way they work is pretty cool." Being only thirteen, the Spring boy wasn't into cars. Sure, he could appreciate a good looking car, but for the most part he could care less about them. But he wasn't about to be rude to the girl, he did have manners after all. "Do you have a favorite car?" the voice from his device asked.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Silence of the Mute [Open]   Silence of the Mute [Open] EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 2:44 pm

She nodded with a shy smile on her face. "Yeah.. I do.." She still wouldn't meet his eyes. It was just something she couldn't do. Maybe she was just to used to dealing with him. Rose got rid of those thoughts from her head. That wasn't something she should be thinking of right now. "My favorite... has to be.. a 1979 trans am..." She wasn't speaking as slow as before but it was still slow. "Though I'm fond of the whole trans am series.." She said to the boy.
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

PostSubject: Re: Silence of the Mute [Open]   Silence of the Mute [Open] EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 5:36 pm

Casey nodded and acted like he knew what she was talking about. "Yeah, those are pretty cool." he typed. He shuffled his feet a bit, sensing the awkward tensity in the air. "I don't really have a favorite car, I can't choose." He wasn't sure what else to talk about, but hopefully Rose would have something to say. Casey wasn't much of a conversationalist, yet he kept getting into conversations with people. The curse of being polite.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Silence of the Mute [Open]   Silence of the Mute [Open] EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 9:20 pm

"It.... It took me a long time to pick a favorite, but the trans am series won me over.... eventually.." She said to the boy. He probably didn't know a lot about cars but surely he would know one of the more commonly know cars right? "Have.... you seen the newest... corvette?" That was a common car, though she would probably move from the car conversation soon since it seemed like he may not be enjoying it.
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

PostSubject: Re: Silence of the Mute [Open]   Silence of the Mute [Open] EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 7:33 pm

Casey shook his head. "I can't say that I have. Is it nice?" he typed out. He didn't see a need to lie about this, it wasn't uncommon for people to miss seeing some things, especially since Beata was so far behind on technology. "It's so hard to look at new things here, since Beata and Rosebury are disconnected from the outside world."
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Silence of the Mute [Open]   Silence of the Mute [Open] EmptyFri Jul 08, 2016 8:58 pm

She nodded. "Yeah it's nice.. it looks more aerodynamic than the last ones... it looks fairly modern.." It was hard to describe it without pulling up a picture, and she didn't have anything to do that with. She didn't exactly own these smart phones that everyone else seemed to have. She never really needed a phone either because she never really went anywhere without her parents. "Y-yeah... Beata is.... really disconnected... isn't it?" She said speaking slower now that they were off the subject of cars. The disconnection only reminded her about how hard it was to stay in contact with her parents.
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

PostSubject: Re: Silence of the Mute [Open]   Silence of the Mute [Open] EmptySun Jul 10, 2016 2:35 pm

Casey nodded and looked around. The problem with two shy, anxiety-ridden people having a conversation together is that they usually can't keep one going. "I wonder why Nathaniel wants to be so far behind technologically." he typed, wondering aloud. He'd read up on the school a little bit, and he knew that the headmaster's name was Nathaniel Wright, and that the Wright family basically dominated Beata while Nate was in school. There was still a large Wright population now, although not quite as prominent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Silence of the Mute [Open]   Silence of the Mute [Open] Empty

Back to top Go down

Silence of the Mute [Open]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next