Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Getting back into the swing of things [Closed]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

Beata Bucks : 8472

Getting back into the swing of things [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Getting back into the swing of things [Closed]   Getting back into the swing of things [Closed] EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 7:28 pm

Mikaela smiled as she lazily swung on the swing set at the park. It had been just over a week since she had gotten Adam back, and now he was back for good. He wasn't leaving to go do dangerous missions anymore. The only annoying part was that he could barge in at anytime and only she could see him. But she overlooked that and was grateful that he was here, even if he was a ghost. He popped in on her at random times, mostly just to check in with her, but mostly he spent his time wandering the school while Mikaela was in class.

The Summer was lost in thought as she sat there, barely swinging off the ground. She had never been here before, and she soon realized that it was a good spot to just get away. It was far enough from the school plus there were kids sometimes that came out and play. She'd play with them if they weren't too shy to say hi. She liked to wow the kids with her gift too, and they'd "ooh" and "ahh." Those reactions never failed to get her to smile. Maybe today would be a lucky day and some kids would come out to play. Or maybe someone from the school would come and visit. She hadn't talked to a lot of people lately and she was getting a little lonely. She was waiting for her guardian angel to sweep her off her feet.
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

Beata Bucks : 10061

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into the swing of things [Closed]   Getting back into the swing of things [Closed] EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 10:27 pm

It had been about five months since Leo had begun working at the DayCare. The children had gotten used to his presence there, and had on more than one occasion asked to look at his wings. Which the blond was happy to oblige with. Although, he never took any for a flight. Leo knew is was perfectly fine at flying, but he didn't want to risk the children's safety. Their parents would have a fit. Five months. It doesn't seem that long. A lot has happened since, and the DayCare has been what Leo would call an escape. He loved taking care of the children, hearing stories they had to tell, setting up games for them to play... They made him smile. Children didn't care what kind of day you were having, they'd always find a way to cheer you up.

It had only been a little while since he spotted Mikaela hanging out at the park that the DayCare was connected to. He was uncertain at first what she was doing there, and would often glance out of the window. No student really enjoyed playing with children. It was something new and the kids loved it. Thus Leo encouraged them to play, but didn't really approach Mikaela until this day. The children had all settled down for a nap, their slumber usually lasted a good thirty minutes. It did not seem that Mikaela would be getting the children to come out and play until a little bit longer.

Leo approached the springs with a smile on his face, the daycare apron still tied around his neck. "Hey, thanks for playing with the kids so much." He began, taking the spot of the swing next to her. "They come in after playing talking all about you." A laugh escaped him as he held the two chains holding up the seat. "It's cute, honestly." He admitted, giving her a glance.
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into the swing of things [Closed]   Getting back into the swing of things [Closed] EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 5:21 pm

Mikaela blushed slightly when Leo had said that the kids were always talking about her and that it was cute that she played with them. "Oh, it's nothing. I absolutely love kids. I've been thinking about volunteering here, actually." she said to him. "They're so adorable and they don't hesitate to speak their mind. It's really funny sometimes." She thought about the times she had played with the kids and she started giggling softly. Not wanting Leo to think she was crazy, she explained what she was laughing about. "I remember one time one of the girls here, she was only about 2 or 3, came up to me while we were playing. And she was really nervous about what she wanted to say. After I had told her that she could say whatever she wanted to, she told me that she thought my hair would look prettier if it was longer. Sometimes the honesty of kids astounds me. It's very refreshing among a school full of lies and drama."
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into the swing of things [Closed]   Getting back into the swing of things [Closed] EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 10:03 am

As she spoke, Leo kept his eyes on her. He listened as she spoke, with an amused look on his face. Once she finished, Leo looked up at the sky and pushed off the ground with his feet. The swing began to move back and forth. It had been quite a while since he had used one of these. "That's one reason why I like to volunteer here. There is no real drama. It keeps my mind off of everything happening at school." Especially the last Gossip Girl. It reopened a few wounds, and brought the attention right back to him. It had been more brutal than the others. Whoever wrote this last one seemed like they knew everything. Leo didn't mention that to Mikaela.

Looking back at her, he realized his smile had flattered, and was quick to put up another one. "It would be really cool if you started working here, though!" Leo enthusized, kicking his legs out to add momentum to the swing. "It's just me, Hosa- A guardian, and Harmony- Who runs the place." The blond let out a sigh. "As much as I like to work here, kids can be a handful..." He trailed off, and adding afterwards; "Although, I think it's worth it." The kids were worth it, definitely.

The blond dragged his feet on the ground, slowing the swing until almost at a stop. "I think I can get behind that girl's statement." He paused before adding quickly, "Not that you aren't pretty already! I mean-" Leo cut himself off and put a hand to his face, a blush coating his cheeks.
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into the swing of things [Closed]   Getting back into the swing of things [Closed] EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 6:13 pm

Mikaela laughed at Leo's stumble with words. "I know what you mean. And thank you, by the way, for the compliment. Even if it came out a little odd." she replied with a wink. "I think I will volunteer here. I don't have anything else to do that would really interrupt any time that I'd need to be here." The angel boy had a good idea when he suggested that she did volunteer here. "I hope it'll be worth it."
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into the swing of things [Closed]   Getting back into the swing of things [Closed] EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 10:59 pm

Pulling himself out of his face palm, a laugh pushed it's way out of his lungs. "Thanks." Sitting upright, Leo's eyes traveled to the door of the daycare. It was around the time that the children woke up from their nap. They only had a few minutes or so until the kids were unleashed upon the play ground. "The kids would be beyond overjoyed, without a doubt." His voice held certainty, as if he knew that they would. Anyone could if they saw how much they talk about her.

The door to the daycare opened, and a large group of children dashed out of the building. Their laughter could be heard from the swings. One child paused and pointed at Mikaela and Leo. At that instant, they began to run over. They squealed with delight, kicking up dirt as they ran their way.

"Play with us!" The one child yelled as they practically slid to a stop in front of the two high school students. Her face had a large grin on it, a gap in her teeth from a missing tooth.

"I wunna play tag!" Another shouted, stopping next to the first, raising his hand high as if asking a question. He balanced on his tip toes as if trying to get their attention.

"Yeah! Me too!" A boy called from behind him, sticking his tongue out at the boy in front of him.

"Not it!"

"Me neither!"

"I-I d-don't want ta b-be it..."

A smile instantly spread across Leo's face, and he gave Mikaela a glance. "You are in charge, Ms. Mikaela" He told her, holding two hands up as if giving her the decision making power. After all, if she was going to work there, she might as well get use to handling the kids.
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into the swing of things [Closed]   Getting back into the swing of things [Closed] EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 7:59 pm

Mikaela brushed a piece of hair behind her ear and shrugged. "You really think so?" she asked. Before she could get an answer, however, a few kids came running out from the nursery. She smiled brightly as the kids came to a stop to the front of the two of them. She gave Leo a look that said "Gee, thanks." "Alright, I know how to decide who's it. I'm thinking of a number between one and ten. Whoever gets the number can be it."

One of the kids, a small boy with a bowl cut, immediately answered with: "Five!"

Another one, a girl with a similar hair cut to Mikaela herself, said, "Seven!"

Mikaela shook her head at both of those. "Nope! Good guesses though~" she said with a small laugh. "Anyone else?"
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into the swing of things [Closed]   Getting back into the swing of things [Closed] EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 9:58 pm

Leo winked at her with a look that clearly said; 'You are welcome'. His eyes moved back to the group of kids, who were all excitedly shouting numbers. Some not understanding it was one through ten.

"Two!" The gaped tooth girl yelled, leaping excitedly in place.

"Nine!" The boy on his tiptoes shouted, trying to compete with gap tooth's enthusiasm.

Leo put his hands behind his head and hummed to himself. "Four?" He guessed, not wanting to leave the kids out on the game.
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into the swing of things [Closed]   Getting back into the swing of things [Closed] EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 7:40 pm

Mikaela laughed at all the enthusiasm. "It was two!" she said, smiling. Listening to all the "awws" resounding from the rest of kids, she shook her head. "Don't worry, you'll all eventually get a chance to get to be it." All the kids perked up at that. "Alright, we'll begin on Leo's mark."

OOC: We can do a timeskip if you'd like. A bunch of kids running around is weird to rp
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into the swing of things [Closed]   Getting back into the swing of things [Closed] EmptyFri Jul 08, 2016 12:11 am

"Yea!" The girl cheered, spinning on her heals to face their peers. "Here I come!" She shouted, causing the other kids to scatter away.

Leo slipped off the swing to join the game, and beckoned Mikaela onward. "I'm coming after you when I'm it~" He singsonged, following a group of kids as they fled from the gaped tooth girl.

"I gottcha!" A boy shouted, leaping onto Leo. Who collapsed to the ground in a fit of laughter. "You're it." The boy huffed, scrambling off of Leo. There was sweat that beaded off of his brow, and by the look of it, the other children were looking around the same way. They all were tired and excused. It was hot outside, and the sun seemed to beat down on those playing their game of tag. It would be best for them all if they went inside.

"Yes you did, why don't you round up your friends and head inside to get some water?" Leo offered, rising to his feet, his blue eyes scanning the play ground. "Mikaela~" He singsonged again. "I'm it~"
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into the swing of things [Closed]   Getting back into the swing of things [Closed] EmptyFri Jul 08, 2016 8:04 pm

"I'm counting on it~" she replied in the same singsong voice. The kids were all running around, yelling occasionally, when she saw one of the kids leap onto Leo and declared that he was it. It caused Mikaela to burst out laughing. But as soon as Leo told the kids that they needed to go inside, the kids began to go "Awww" and they trudged inside, leaving Mikaela and Leo outside by themselves again. Laughing again, she started running away from the boy. "You're gonna have to catch me first!" she yelled.
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into the swing of things [Closed]   Getting back into the swing of things [Closed] EmptySat Jul 09, 2016 10:33 pm

Leo looked past the kids' disappointment. If they had it their way, they'd play until they died of heatstroke. Harmony was probably looking for them to come inside and cool off anyways. Knowing Hosa, Leo figured she'd have a fun game to play with them anyways. Although, his help would be needed sooner than later. But! Leo was not about to let Mikaela get away without being it.

Dust was kicked into the air, and the sound of rapid footsteps pursued. "Count on it!" He yelled back, cutting across the park equipment to stop in Mikaela's path. Unfortunately for both of them, Mikaela was going much faster than Leo had expected. Just has he turned his head to see her barely a foot away. There was no avoiding this, was there?

The two collided with a thud, knocking the breath out of the taller student and sending him sprawling to the ground. Leo lay there for a long moment, regaining his breath before muttering; "Hell, I think we need adults to watch us." He lifted his head from the sprawled position. "Oh, and you are it." He gave her a grin and stuck out his tongue a bit. "No tag backs~"
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into the swing of things [Closed]   Getting back into the swing of things [Closed] EmptySun Jul 10, 2016 3:48 pm

Mikaela ran into Leo that knocked him onto the ground and Mikaela followed suit, falling on top of the boy. She stuck her tongue out back at the former prefect. "I guess that means you win." she said, barely able to keep from laughing. She pushed herself off of the boy and stood up, brushing herself off. "I'm all dusty now because of you. But thanks for breaking my fall." she said jokingly, sticking out a hand for him to use to pull himself up. She had a lot of fun playing tag with the kids and with Leo. He was really fun to be around. She hoped he'd be around whenever she would be volunteering.
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into the swing of things [Closed]   Getting back into the swing of things [Closed] EmptyTue Jul 12, 2016 10:13 pm

Accepting her hand, Leo rose to his feet. He gave her a grin and a cheerful response. "It's my first time winning then." His hand slid out of her's and the blond went to brush himself off. The green apron had a good amount of dust on it, but it was nothing that a good washing machine couldn't solve. The blond took a moment to try and look at his back. Unfortunately, his neck did not work like an owl's. This meant that Leo could not see his back. In an effort to see farther, the Autumn student twirled. As if he was a dog chasing his tail. Eventually, he paused and gave Mikaela a helpless look. "Do I have dust on my back?"
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into the swing of things [Closed]   Getting back into the swing of things [Closed] EmptyThu Jul 14, 2016 7:30 pm

Mikaela laughed even harder when Leo started spinning around like a goofball. "You're such a dork. Come here~" she said, moving to dust off the angel's back. After being satisfied that all the dust was gone, she wiped off her hands. "Alright, you're all good to go!" she told him. The Summer wiped off her forehead as sweat was beginning to bead. It was a hot day, and she had decided to wear capris instead of a skirt. "Man is it hot out today." she said simply, sighing from the heat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into the swing of things [Closed]   Getting back into the swing of things [Closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

Getting back into the swing of things [Closed]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next