Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

That's Kinda Cheating [Open]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

Beata Bucks : 8484

That's Kinda Cheating [Open] Empty
PostSubject: That's Kinda Cheating [Open]   That's Kinda Cheating [Open] EmptyWed Aug 03, 2016 6:32 pm

Harrison was still fairly new to the school, only just getting sorted the day before. But already he was bored. In the week he's been at Beata, there wasn't anything really challenging. Everything came so easily to him, whether it came to academics or his gift. Just practicing with it every day made him better at it. Opening up a small doorway into his own pocket dimension, he reached in and grabbed his earbuds. The portal snapped closed as soon as he got his hand out. He released the breath that he had been holding as it still took some energy to open and close the portals. Plugging in the earbuds, he put one bud in and turned on his music as he walked around the track. He didn't really expect anyone to bother him out here, but he left one earbud out just in case someone found their way to him.
Back to top Go down
Dew

Dew

Beata Bucks : 10196

PostSubject: Re: That's Kinda Cheating [Open]   That's Kinda Cheating [Open] EmptyThu Aug 04, 2016 2:16 pm

Lev always needed to go for a good run. It created a burning in his lungs and kept him fit, though he really didn't need to be anymore fit than he already was. But his father had always said that it was best to stay as fit as physically possible. So Lev ate well and worked out a lot, spending very little time doing anything else. Though he did find the time to occasionally work in some powers training, which was something he really needed to work on if he wanted to be better with his gift. Not that it could be too hard. Occasionally he had squeezed on some work on it and, as he ran, he figured it wouldn't hurt to work on it here. Slowing to a walk and came up behind someone he didn't know walking as well. Taking a deep breath, Lev willed himself into the air. Slowly he rose, just a foot off the ground, making him closer to the height of the boy ahead of him, possibly even the same height or taller. He supposed flight wasn't a bad power to have. Though he did feel the effects rather quickly as he lowered himself back to the ground and yawned.

Picking up his pace slightly he met pace with the guy ahead of him. "I apologize now if I am interrupting anything, but I was wondering if you know what time it is?" Lev wanted to make sure he wasn't overworking himself but he wasn't sure how long he had been outside and his phone wasn't on his person.
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

PostSubject: Re: That's Kinda Cheating [Open]   That's Kinda Cheating [Open] EmptyThu Aug 04, 2016 5:13 pm

Harrison looked over at the shorter boy as he registered the question. He had been lost in thought before he had come up and asked him what time it was. "Uh," he began, checking his phone. "It's almost 3." While he had his phone open, he turned down the volume of the music he was watching, just in case the boy needed anything else or if he just wanted to talk as they kept walking.
Back to top Go down
Dew

Dew

PostSubject: Re: That's Kinda Cheating [Open]   That's Kinda Cheating [Open] EmptySun Aug 07, 2016 2:38 pm

It was bad and it was good, being short. Lev enjoyed being able to take advantage in a fight, most people were used to fighting someone the same size as themselves. Or bigger. But it wasn't common to fight someone shorter because that often meant they were a kid. But Lev wasn't a kid. Which was one downside was that everyone thought he was younger than he was. Which he wasn't. Also, reaching the top shelves was awful. He hated tall shelves. Ah, 3. That wasn't too bad, that meant he had been out for about half an hour to forty-five minutes. Not bad, he could go longer. "Thank you." He said, looking up at the sky to see if he could tell the time. He had been trying to teach himself to tell the time using the sun. It had been a goal of his back home, but Russia was a busy place and there had been no time.

Now that he had approached the other boy, who appeared to be turning down the volume on his phone or just doing something else, Lev figured he could talk a little. "My name is Lev." He introduced himself, finding that that was only right. Sadly, it was too awkward a position to shake hands, so he refrained from trying. It was just so polite and he always did it when first meeting someone. "How long have you been here?" Also, a nice conversation starter, naturally there was a pause between his words so the other boy could introduce himself before they conversed.
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

PostSubject: Re: That's Kinda Cheating [Open]   That's Kinda Cheating [Open] EmptySun Aug 07, 2016 7:01 pm

Harrison placed his hands and phone inside his pockets as the boy continued. "I'm Harrison." He continued to walk alongside the boy, slowing his stride so Lev's shorter legs wouldn't have to stretch out to match his longer ones. "I've only been here a little over a week, what about you?" He had just been sorted just a couple days ago into the Autumn House. As he didn't know what each house represented, he was indifferent to the house he was sorted into. He readjusted his glasses as they were falling down his face, to his annoyance. He hated his glasses, but contacts weren't an option due to allergies. "Ugh, stupid glasses.." he muttered.
Back to top Go down
Dew

Dew

PostSubject: Re: That's Kinda Cheating [Open]   That's Kinda Cheating [Open] EmptySun Aug 07, 2016 7:26 pm

Lev's walking pace was a tad bit faster than most people's normal walking pace, so he felt a little more like he was jogging. It was a bit necessary, however, since the other boy was far taller than he. Suddenly, Harrison slowed and Lev felt his face heat up. There was no reason for Harrison to slow down, it wasn't like Lev couldn't handle walking faster to be able to keep up with the taller boy. It offended Lev that he would think that, his mind was so focused on this thought that it didn't even cross his mind that Harrison was just trying to be nice. For a moment he was too flustered to respond to what Harrison said and he simply fumed over the idea that Harrison thought he couldn't keep up.

He was snapped from this angry thought process with Harrison's question and he realized he had been clenching his fists. Releasing them slowly he moved them before him to fiddle with his fingers. "Ah, a month. Not very long." Lev responded, thinking about all he had done in that time and not the fact that Harrison was still walking the slower pace. Harrison spoke out about his glasses and Lev, for a second, was confused. He looked up to find Harrison pushing them back up his nose, as they were falling down his face. "Would you like a tissue? I found, when I was younger, that periodically drying off my nose and the pads allowed the glasses to stay on better." He said, pulling out a small, plastic pack of tissues from his pocket. Oddly he had those on him and not his phone. He had worn glasses a lot more when he was younger, mostly when reading. But when sight became an issue during fights, his family had gotten him contacts and he literally wore nothing else. Though his glasses were tucked away in the corner of his room.
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

PostSubject: Re: That's Kinda Cheating [Open]   That's Kinda Cheating [Open] EmptyMon Aug 08, 2016 7:34 pm

Shrugging, he took a tissue from the boy and wiped off the bridge of his nose and the pads of the glasses. To his surprise, it did actually work in keeping them up. "Thanks. That did help." Taking in a deep breath, he opened up a portal and grabbed a chocolate bar. Closing it, he released the breath he was holding. Opening up the candy, he absentmindedly broke off a square and began munching. He offered the bar to the boy next to him. "Chocolate?" he asked. Harrison had a lot of chocolate on storage in his little pocket dimension, along with a few other necessities, like a spare change of clothes, etc. It made things convenient for his daily life, but it required a lot of energy to open and close the portals, even ones as small as he was opening, which were only about the width of a Frisbee.
Back to top Go down
Dew

Dew

PostSubject: Re: That's Kinda Cheating [Open]   That's Kinda Cheating [Open] EmptyMon Aug 08, 2016 8:30 pm

Lev watched, curious to see Harrison's reaction to the tissue. It had proved very effective when he had worn glasses and occasionally he still used the trick, though he rarely had to wear his glasses for long. Most of the time he had had a handkerchief on him at all times but that had disappeared a while ago. He still carried tissues around, though, for other reasons. Smiling when Harrison said it worked, Lev almost entirely forgot about how offended he was that the other boy had slowed down. He was walking a slight step ahead of Harrison, trying to prove subconsciously that he could walk fast without a problem.

And then something happened. Lev watched, entirely in awe, as a small opening appeared out of nowhere. Harrison reached his hand into it as if it was normal and grabbed something from inside. Lev's eyes followed Harrison's hand to find he had a chocolate bar. Then the small gap closed and there was nothing there. He didn't even notice Harrison holding his breath because he was shocked at what he had just seen. When he was offered some of the chocolate he almost didn't register that that was what Harrison was saying. "Uh, sure." He said, taking off a square. He looked the chocolate over as if it would tell him a secret or it was some kind of alien creation. "What was that?" He asked, a little belatedly, taking a small bite from the corner of the piece of chocolate in his fingers.
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

PostSubject: Re: That's Kinda Cheating [Open]   That's Kinda Cheating [Open] EmptyTue Aug 09, 2016 12:02 pm

"What was what?" he asked, confused at first. "Oh the portal-looking thing? That's my gift. I can create portals to my own personal pocket dimension." He took another bite from his chocolate and he noticed that Lev was trying to make sure he was a step ahead of Harrison. The corners of his mouth twitched into a small smile. He figured the boy's pride was trying to make itself apparent, as the Autumn had slowed his stride to make it easier for the shorter boy. With one hand in the pocket of his jacket and the other holding his chocolate, he continued walking with Lev. "What about your gift?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
Dew

Dew

PostSubject: Re: That's Kinda Cheating [Open]   That's Kinda Cheating [Open] EmptyTue Aug 09, 2016 5:32 pm

It took Lev a second to realize why Harrison was confused. He had asked too late what the little thing in the air had been and how Harrison had pulled something from it. Luckily, he didn't have to try and describe it to the other boy because he understood what he meant a little later. What? A pocket dimension? That's was pretty cool, Lev thought, awe starting to show on his face. When this registered he smiled and coughed, turning away and trying to pretend it wasn't the most awesome thing in the world. "That is pretty cool. So you basically have a locker full of stuff wherever you are?" It was like an invisible backpack that didn't have to be carried around.

Watching where he was going now, Lev didn't notice Harrison had noticed his walking, He still felt a little heated about the other boy slowing down for him, but the chocolate and the talking about gifts allowed his face to cool off and his thoughts to drift elsewhere. "Ah, I have flight. It is just what it sounds like." Lev said. realizing as he said it that it wasn't as terrific as he had once thought. Flying was cool, and all, but a pocket dimension? That was fancy.
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

PostSubject: Re: That's Kinda Cheating [Open]   That's Kinda Cheating [Open] EmptyThu Aug 11, 2016 6:34 pm

"Basically. It's pretty convenient at times. he said. Harrison finished off the chocolate bar and he shoved the wrapper into his pocket to be thrown away later. He listened to Lev as he told the Autumn about his power. "Flight is pretty cool. It'd be nice to have that when I'm running late." he told the boy. Shrugging, he added quickly, "Not that I ever am, of course.
Back to top Go down
Dew

Dew

PostSubject: Re: That's Kinda Cheating [Open]   That's Kinda Cheating [Open] EmptyThu Aug 11, 2016 6:57 pm

Harrion's power was pretty cool and very convenient, like he said. It probably came in handy on missions, having easy access to anything he needed. Though Lev had no idea how much could fit in the pocket dimension or how often Harrison was able to use it. With the casual way he had pulled out the chocolate bar, the second answer was probably fairly often. Granted he had held his breath, which was something Lev hadn't noticed. "It sounds very convenient. How much can you fit into it?" Lev wasn't sure if Harrison had ever trained with it or tested its limits, so if Harrison didn't know, then that was fine.

At Harrison's comment about being late, Lev laughed lightly. "I trust you. I am never late, but it would not be very useful for that as of right now. I cannot do much with it." For the most part all he did was levitate, which was mostly because his father had taught him that much before he had left for Beata. There was nothing useful about flight when he couldn't actually fly.
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

PostSubject: Re: That's Kinda Cheating [Open]   That's Kinda Cheating [Open] EmptyFri Aug 12, 2016 4:00 pm

"I can't really fit much in there right now. Just a spare change of clothes and about a dozen candy bars. A few other small items too, but those are pocket-sized." he said, thinking about all he had in his pocket dimension. When Lev said that he couldn't do much with his gift, he figured that he must not have had much training either. But that's what they were at Beata for. To train. "Well, I'm sure you'll learn how to get better. That's what we're all here for, right? To get stronger?"
Back to top Go down
Dew

Dew

PostSubject: Re: That's Kinda Cheating [Open]   That's Kinda Cheating [Open] EmptySat Aug 13, 2016 3:26 pm

It was a pretty interesting and useful power. There was a lot that could be done with it and a lot it could be used for. "That is still very useful. Practice would certainly test its limits." Lev said with a smile as Harrison continued on. He finished his small square of chocolate, licking the melted chocolate off his fingertips, and listened. To get stronger. That had a deeper meaning to Lev than Harrison knew. "Indeed. Getting stronger is what Beata is here for." Lev agreed, watching the ground as they walked. He wasn't sure what to say next so he kept his eyes watching his feet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: That's Kinda Cheating [Open]   That's Kinda Cheating [Open] Empty

Back to top Go down

That's Kinda Cheating [Open]
Page 1 of 1