Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

The Big Sleepy Suggestion List

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

Beata Bucks : 12436

The Big Sleepy Suggestion List Empty
PostSubject: The Big Sleepy Suggestion List   The Big Sleepy Suggestion List EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 6:36 pm

These are mainly minor gripes I have with the site that I thought I should bring to attention since I'm bored. You don't have to listen to me. I have too much time on my hands.

Where to start?

1. Advanced profiles are for chumps. They're needlessly complicated. Basic profiles are so much easier to navigate and a lot easier to look at.

2. Have somebody please regularly update the groups, put up a proper 'taken gifts list', and sort the dorms and houses. It's a pain in the ass for all these people who have been neglected by staff (myself included, sorry people). I would help, but I don't have the permissions. If staff is too lazy, appoint more.

3. More formal language across all the official topics, announcements, board descriptions, and everything like it. Just a pet peeve of mine. It seems a bit unprofessional to fill an announcement with faces and inside jokes, and then cap it off with a "kthx~ <3"

4. Clarify which pets are acceptable. Nearly every single creation we've gotten so far has somebody with a wolf.

5. Separate Rules and Information into two boards and do some serious updating with the information topics. It'll make it look... cleaner.

6. Do a general information topic. Explain what Beata is, what year it is, give a brief history of the school and the events of the first site, and go over everything that needs to be gone over.

7. Make the actual announcements the topics that show up on the Portal. The rules don't need front page treatment. The announcements do.

8. Scrap Monthly Contests if it's too much work to do. It makes the site look inactive, which it is. Renovation needs to be done in general, and the first step is eliminating that.

9. A serious example creation needs to be made. Moon's mock creation is funny and all, but I think some people might take it too seriously. The example is there to help, not to confuse.

10. Monthly events of some sort. Lil has suggested this before in the Staff Lounge. This site needs to be kept fresh to keep people's interests. The dance (spoiler alert) is a good start. We need festivals, talent shows, plot stuff, expenditures to the Island, and the like. Speaking of which...

11. Sporting events and fields. I know this was talked about mostly jokingly on the chatbox, but I think it's a good idea. Even if we're not having regular baseball/football games or whatever, I think it would still be a good idea to add the fields. Just for more areas to roleplay, you know?

12. Plot needs to be inclusive. I already ranted about this at some length in the Staff Lounge as well, but I felt like I should say it again. The school does not just consist of five important characters and the site should not revolve around their drama and conflict. Let everybody play a part or else they will get bored, feel excluded, and leave. Don't forget ATA.

13. More Rosebury places. Again, just for more areas to roleplay. Nothing can go wrong there.

14. Part-time jobs in Rosebury for money. It provides an incentive for people to roleplay more and lets you scrub floors. What's not to love?

15. New Portal and Calendar buttons. For the love of God. Everyone with OCD probably had an aneurysm looking at it.

That's about it. /fliesaway
Back to top Go down
Blood Moon
Blood Moon

Beata Bucks : 12380

PostSubject: Re: The Big Sleepy Suggestion List   The Big Sleepy Suggestion List EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 5:23 pm

Despite all of your subtle complaints against my work, ;_____;, I agree with everything listed.

GET TO WORK STAFF >:c

#SLEEPY #FOR #PRESIDENT
Back to top Go down
Sovuru

Sovuru

Beata Bucks : 11655

PostSubject: Re: The Big Sleepy Suggestion List   The Big Sleepy Suggestion List EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 6:17 pm

Yay! For once I'm a regular member on a website, so I'm not doing craaaaaaaaaaap!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Lilac
Admin
Lilac

Beata Bucks : 11329

PostSubject: Re: The Big Sleepy Suggestion List   The Big Sleepy Suggestion List EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 9:44 am

I agree with everything, because I feel as though I've suggested quite a few of those before. Unfortunately one person alone can not do all of that, especially when they are not very experienced when it comes to using forumotion... me

Let's get it done!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Big Sleepy Suggestion List   The Big Sleepy Suggestion List Empty

Back to top Go down

The Big Sleepy Suggestion List
Page 1 of 1