Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Expanding Knowledge of Plants {Open}

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

Beata Bucks : 10079

Expanding Knowledge of Plants {Open} Empty
PostSubject: Expanding Knowledge of Plants {Open}   Expanding Knowledge of Plants {Open} EmptyWed Jun 24, 2015 8:07 pm

A light blond boy sat in front of one of the more exotic plants in the conservatory. He had finished documenting the plants of the forest a few days ago. However, he was excited to spend time in the conservatory, even if he may have missed a few plants. So here crouched a boy, a note book in his hand, and a pencil in another, sketching the large green leaf belonging to the plant in front of him. It was definitely a tropical plant. Reminding him of something one would see in a stereotypical rain forest. A large around oval leaf with a rather small yet strong stem. What was the name for it again? A frustrated look grew on the boy's face. 'Damn it!' He thought to himself, the hand with his pencil gripped his hair in a look of anger. He had seen this name many times! How could he not remember it?!
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

Beata Bucks : 11716

PostSubject: Re: Expanding Knowledge of Plants {Open}   Expanding Knowledge of Plants {Open} EmptyWed Jun 24, 2015 8:23 pm

This school was so boring. There really wasn't a whole lot to do for Penny, especially since she really didn't have many people to talk to. She had missed the sign-ups for the summer tournament, although she wasn't really sure if she would have been allowed to participate anyway considering her "gift" was rather lethal. So now she was kind of chilling by herself around campus while everyone else was having fun. As she walked, she looked around trying to find somewhere she hadn't been in a while that might having something a little exciting in it. She saw the art center, but she didn't really care for how dusty it was inside, and the next best place that she saw was the conservatory. Seemed like a cool place to visit.

As she approached, she saw that it looked a whole lot nicer than it did before. She wasn't sure if it was because it was being tended to more often or if it was just because of the season, but as she opened the door, she stood a little flabbergasted at the amazing sights of all of the plants that were in full bloom, sending an array of colors around the building. It was only when Penny heard the cursing from the blond boy did she snap out of her daze. "Hello?" she called, looking around left and right trying to find the source of the voice. Walking in between rows of roses and tulips, past the daffodils and the daisies, she made her way closer to the back with a little bit of pep in her step because she was kind of glad she wasn't the only one here. Putting her hands behind her back almost playfully, she continued searching until she turned the corner and found the boy sitting with a notepad in his lap. "Oh hello," she said, looking at the boy intently with a smile on her face.
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: Expanding Knowledge of Plants {Open}   Expanding Knowledge of Plants {Open} EmptyWed Jun 24, 2015 8:42 pm

Griffin glanced up at the newcomer, who looked back at him with interest. Blue eyes brightened as he smile back. "Hello~" He replied in a sing song voice, his past anger vanishing at the other student's presence. He then looked back at the plant and pointed at it with the blue mechanical pencil in his hand. "Do you happen to know the name of this plant?" He asked, turning his head so he could see the girl. A pondering look on his face. It was eating at him, and it was a simple plant. He should know this one... Too bad he grew up in the East of the United States. If he lived in the west, he'd might have known. The plant would draw in warm wet places. Such as a rain forest or Southwest areas.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Expanding Knowledge of Plants {Open}   Expanding Knowledge of Plants {Open} EmptyWed Jun 24, 2015 9:00 pm

The blond girl looked over to where Griffin was pointing and stared at the plant for a moment, tilting her heard to the right as she thought pretty hard about it. She wasn't really one to deal with plants or care to know what they were called, but she felt like she should know this one. The more she looked at it, the more she had no idea. "Uh... All I can think of is it's some kind of fern," she responded bleakly. "I couldn't tell you even if I wanted to." What a way to start off a conversation, especially with a boy that seemed pretty cute. His eyes were especially gorgeous. "Oh, I'm Penny, by the way."
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: Expanding Knowledge of Plants {Open}   Expanding Knowledge of Plants {Open} EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 5:48 pm

A fern? Maybe. The boy scribbled something in his notebook before looking back up at the other student. Remembering his manners, he stood from the ground and closed his notebook. Then slipped his pencil behind his ear, tucking some of his hair behind the object. The girl seemed nice. Although she didn't know what the plant was. However, he wouldn't blame her for not knowing, as he himself didn't even know. That meant a trip to the library in his future. Griffin gave the girl a similar smile, "Hello Penny!" he greeted the blonde. "I'm Griffin. It's nice to meet you." The wish granting student gave her a small wave in a hello.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Expanding Knowledge of Plants {Open}   Expanding Knowledge of Plants {Open} EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 6:23 pm

Giving Griffin another smile, she looked around at the conservatory. "So what brings you in here, Griffin?" she asked before she stuck her hands in the back pockets of her jeans. She really didn't know what to do beyond this point, although she did want to talk to him more. He seemed cool and she was lonely. They were like the perfect match... in her mind at least.
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: Expanding Knowledge of Plants {Open}   Expanding Knowledge of Plants {Open} EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 6:47 pm

'What brings you here?

It seemed a bit obvious what he was doing there, but he assumed that the girl wasn't entirely certain. "Oh! I'm studying the plant life in here. Documenting it n' stuff." Griffin answered casually. Taking another glance at the plant he spoke again "I'm kind of upset that I couldn't identify this plant though." At the thought, he just shrugged and brushed off his anger. "I'll go look in the library later." He mentioned, before looking back at the girl. He hadn't gotten a good look at her before hand. He supposed she had pretty eyes, although he wasn't really a good judge of people. "What are you doing here as well?" He tossed the question back at the blonde, entirely comfortable with small talk. Until it would come to powers, only then, would he flatter in his confidence. He'd only told one person about his power. While it was good that the student hadn't wished for anything. He couldn't be certain with others.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Expanding Knowledge of Plants {Open}   Expanding Knowledge of Plants {Open} EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 8:13 pm

Penny paused and thought about it before she chuckled. "Actually, I was just really bored," she responded awkwardly. "There's not a whole lot to do around here when you don't have too many people to talk to. Especially when you're gone for an entire semester." she let out a small sigh before crossing her arms in front of her. Yeah, she wasn't so great at small talk. She was great at flirting, though, but she was kind of tired of not having a friend. "This place is really pretty though. That gardener guy really knows his stuff! Have you met him before?"
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: Expanding Knowledge of Plants {Open}   Expanding Knowledge of Plants {Open} EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 10:57 am

She was gone this semester? That was why he hadn't seen her before. The student considered what she said. Penny was bored? Oh. He supposed he knew where she was coming from. He had been kind of bored as well before deciding to look into the plant life. He curiously watched Penny sigh and cross her arms. "It is pretty nice in here." He responded, glancing around the room as he spoke. The place was pretty, and he couldn't wait to look at new plants. He paused, turning his head at the girl in excitement. There was a guy who worked here? Oh man. Griffin looked forward to meeting him, he could tell Griffin so much! With a shake of his head, Griffin spoke. "Not before. Does he know about all these plants?" He answered, then asked with an excited tone.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Expanding Knowledge of Plants {Open}   Expanding Knowledge of Plants {Open} EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 4:35 pm

Penny laughed lightly with a smile plastered on her face. "I would hope so! He planted everything in here... at least I think," she replied, finally leaning against the table that was on her left side. Pushing her hair back behind her ear, she looked around, studying every part of the room carefully as if the gardener were lurking around somewhere and she just never saw him. "Maybe if you can find him, he can tell you about that plant you wanted to know about so bad. I don't really talk to him or see him for that matter, but I'm sure if you hang out here enough, he will show up."

OOC: my posts are terrible
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: Expanding Knowledge of Plants {Open}   Expanding Knowledge of Plants {Open} EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 10:54 am

Griffin listened to Penny excitedly. Who was this gardener? Griffin decided that if he ever found the man, they both would have long talks about the plants within the conservatory. An expert on site! If only he could find him. That sounded like something he'd do in the future if he had extra time. Hopefully then he would be able to find the mythical gardener. Putting a pin in that idea, Griffin gave the girl a curious look. "Wait, you said you were done for a semester, then you come back and are bored?" He asked with a raised eyebrow, "Don't you have homework to catch up on? Or even train your power?" Normally if someone was gone for a long while, they'd have a lot to catch up on. Right?

Ooc; Lol me too.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Expanding Knowledge of Plants {Open}   Expanding Knowledge of Plants {Open} EmptySat Jul 04, 2015 7:13 pm

Penny laughed and waved it off. "Homework? I mean, I guess so but who cares," she replied with a small smirk on her face. "They haven't kicked me out yet so I guess I'm not doing too bad in the academic department." When he mentioned powers, though, she shrugged. She really had no idea how to train to be better with it. There really wasn't a whole lot she could do with poison touch in the way that she could use it at the moment and she didn't know anyone who could teach her. She didn't even know if her power was developed enough for her to do anything else with it. "For my power... Well, it's complicated. I can't exactly practice because if I practice with someone I will probably end up killing them and if I practice with something then I don't know if I'm doing it right. Besides, I don't know if it's really developed fully or not. I feel like it should be by now, but... I don't know..." she muttered. She didn't know why she suddenly fell into a slight slump, but she was a little embarrassed about her ability.
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: Expanding Knowledge of Plants {Open}   Expanding Knowledge of Plants {Open} EmptyMon Jul 06, 2015 6:19 pm

Griffin gave her a troubled look. Her power would kill others? Didn't sound very good for either the people around her nor herself. If people knew she could possibly kill them, she would be quite scary to be around. However, Griffin couldn't help but feel curious. Hesitantly, he asked. "What exactly...is your power?" After a moment, he quickly added, "I-If you don't mind me asking, that is." A slight blush on his cheeks as he realized she may not be comfortable giving such information to him.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Expanding Knowledge of Plants {Open}   Expanding Knowledge of Plants {Open} EmptyMon Jul 06, 2015 7:38 pm

Waving her hands in front of her as if to wave it off, Penny smiled and shook her head. "Oh, no I don't mind!" she responded. "My power is poison touch. The only problem is that I can't exactly use it through the touch of my fingers. I guess you could say I'm kind of like a snake in that respect. I can bite something and poison them but that's about it." Yep. It was pretty embarrassing. She wished she could do something more with it. Controlling it would actually be nice. For how much flirting she normally does, it'd be great to finally get a kiss out of the deal every once in a while. "How about you? If you want to share."
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: Expanding Knowledge of Plants {Open}   Expanding Knowledge of Plants {Open} EmptyMon Jul 06, 2015 8:50 pm

That question. One referring to what his power was. Griffin usually denied most of these questions that other students give him. As he was too frightened to tell the students. However even more so the teachers, although they already seem to know. However she had shared her power with him, so he felt compelled to answer. With a silent curse toward his morals, the boy put on a easy going facade and hooked a thumb in his pant pockets. "Nothing too big. Wish Granting."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Expanding Knowledge of Plants {Open}   Expanding Knowledge of Plants {Open} Empty

Back to top Go down

Expanding Knowledge of Plants {Open}
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next