Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Sounds like a fun time

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Badger
The Almighty Badger Goddess
Badger

Beata Bucks : 11250

Sounds like a fun time - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sounds like a fun time   Sounds like a fun time - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 6:03 pm

Picking up the cloth from where she had set it, she started to unfold it because she returned to washing the counter, figuring she might as well do something useful in her time. Her head nodded every once in a while as he went on, to show that she was listening and only paused in her cleaning when it was her time to talk. "Yes, having enchanting hearing of sorts can always be so...Annoying," she stated. "Crowds simply overwhelm me, to much sound for my brain to create a picture with. Loud noises simply hurt my ears thought." Then, she titled her head slightly as she blinked. "But Magic, eh? A nickname I have to guess...I had one long ago as well, before I came to Beata Academy twenty years ago," she said as she returned to washing. "My friends back home used to call me Bat, although that nickname as fell out of use many years ago. Not that they ever knew exactly of my gift, just knew I was good at getting my way around places."
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

Beata Bucks : 9400

PostSubject: Re: Sounds like a fun time   Sounds like a fun time - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 6:39 pm

Magic nodded even though she couldn't see it. "Yeah it's a nickname. I kind of have some issues with my real name. A friend of mine gave it too me long ago. He was really the only one that used it, and then when I came here, I just decided to go by that instead." Then he remembered, "You went to Beata Academy 20 years ago? What was it like then? I heard it some stories about old Beata.." The winter boy asked the blind shop keeper. It must have been weird back then maybe..
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Sounds like a fun time   Sounds like a fun time - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 7:02 pm

Hedia was silent until he asked about the old Beata Academy, flinching slightly when it came up before she cleared her throat. "I...I wasn't at Beata long. Only a few months before my father pulled me out...But what I do remember..." she drifted off, wondering what the students of the current Beata knew. She recalled hardships, fighting dragons on a strange island for training...It was an odd place, and after she had left she had manged to get back in contact with a few of her friends from Beata...Those who were still alive after the fall of the school. She doubted Nataniel let the students of Beata know what had come before them, so she decided she would remain quiet about it as well. "I can say it is a far different place from what Beata is today."
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Sounds like a fun time   Sounds like a fun time - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 7:31 pm

Magic was a bit disappointed, maybe he should go talk to the bakery owner. He heard that she was a veteran from old Beata. Maybe she would talk about it. Who knows? "I'm kind of glad to be at current Beata, but I wish there were less strict rules sometimes.. Where I come from I pretty much did whatever I wanted.. So it was really a change for me." He didn't know why he started talking about his past, but it's whatever..
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Sounds like a fun time   Sounds like a fun time - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 10:25 am

Hedia nodded, happy that he didn't press her in why she was refusing to answer. The burden of the past was not something the new generation at Beata did not need to know...The horrors of what the school had been was not something she had faced herself, but yet just the knowledge of it sent shivers down her spine. But, when Magic mentioned how he didn't like the rules, a soft chuckle escaped her. "Now, I never knew your current headmaster all that well when I first went to Beata, but I am sure the strict rules are just to keep you are safe," she stated as she cleaned the counter top, her head nodding slightly as she talked. "Having a safe heaven like this is a blessing for most students, I am sure. I never had much issue with people learning of my gift however, mainly because it is such a hard thing to figure out."
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Sounds like a fun time   Sounds like a fun time - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 10:58 am

A frown appeared on his face. "Being safe all the time isn't always fun. It's nice, but I miss the feel of danger sometimes.." He muttered. Not that the feel of danger was always overwhelming. More like the feel of having to always be on your toes. Yeah that was it. He didn't like relaxing too much. He was never used to having his guard down for so long.. It was weird. He honestly expected something to happen but nothing ever did, and it was boring..
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Sounds like a fun time   Sounds like a fun time - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 11:15 am

She raised an eyebrow, a soft chuckle escaping her. "One for adventure, I take it? Yes, I suppose being safe may not be the funnest for everybody but I am sure many of the students here enjoy the safe feeling, but to each their own," she hummed, deciding she was finished cleaning the counter top and set the rag she was using off to the side. "I've always enjoyed a simple life, but perhaps that is because I have never expected much to come from me with the fact that I am...Well, as blind as a bat. I spent most of my life caring for my father after I was pulled from Beata, and that was all I needed to be content."
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Sounds like a fun time   Sounds like a fun time - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 12:20 pm

Magic rubbed the back of his head. "Yeah.. Adventure... You could say that.." He said a bit nervous, but he took a deep breath and relaxed a little. "I guess the simple life can be a bit neat.." It was nice being here and having things be a bit simple, but he missed Laine and the others. He couldn't really help that. Laine was his right hand man after all, but he was forced to come here. Maybe that is why he held some spite towards it.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Sounds like a fun time   Sounds like a fun time - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 6:00 am

Just nodding softly to his words, Hedia glanced to where a window was - the gently pouring of the rain echoing off of the glass. "What a paradise you people have here...I wish life was this easy for us back at Beata those twenty or so years ago, but we were always confined to the school - no Rosebury back then....No easy life for us. This is indeed a save-haven from the outside world, and heaven knows that many of you kids surely need one..."
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Sounds like a fun time   Sounds like a fun time - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 12:44 pm

Magic stayed silent. Yeah it was a safe haven from his mother. His mother was the most cruel person he had ever met, and he knew a lot of cruel people. "While we do have Rosebury we are still pretty confined.. We can't really go anywhere else without permission.. Even technology is really restricted, and monitored." They were still very confined in his opinion.
Back to top Go down
Badger
Badger

PostSubject: Re: Sounds like a fun time   Sounds like a fun time - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 8:07 pm

Hedia shrugged from where she stood, a bored expression on her face. "Well, I say having a whole town at your disposer is nice, and of course I've never really used technology as its hard when you can't see what is on the screen..." She let out a soft, wistful sigh. "I've always wished for such a luxury, but I have lived so long without it, I suppose I will have to just keep surviving."
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Sounds like a fun time   Sounds like a fun time - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 4:29 pm

"Not that this is as bad as yours, it's really hard for me to listen to music with headphones because of my ears.. Music even on the lowest volume can be really loud still sometimes. " It was kind of related, but he wasn't trying to one up her or anything. He thought it might have been something worth mentioning, but who knows. He missed listening to music sometimes, but most of all he missed the piano songs his grandmother played.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sounds like a fun time   Sounds like a fun time - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sounds like a fun time
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2