Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Dorm 411? Cool! {CLOSED for students in Dorm 411}

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Acrylicreepy

Acrylicreepy

Beata Bucks : 8719

Dorm 411? Cool! {CLOSED for students in Dorm 411} Empty
PostSubject: Dorm 411? Cool! {CLOSED for students in Dorm 411}   Dorm 411? Cool! {CLOSED for students in Dorm 411} EmptySun Jul 03, 2016 7:19 pm

When Hope had found out her test results, she was so excited to be apart of the Autumn house. It was her favorite season after all, right after summer. Jumping in leaf piles...dumping leaves on her sister...then getting lectured for five years by Amaye about not messing with her books.
What? It seemed like five years to Hope, when it was actual five minutes...which was still long for a lecture that she had been told repeatedly by her sister that was overly obsessed with books, and studying, and being organized. Hope shook her head, laughing out loud. Just wait until she told her sister about that social media site she had found for Beata, her sister would do a double take! Hope made a mental note to set up her account for Esper once she got settled into her dorm. She practically ran down the hallway, but then tried to calm herself and walk, but that walk sped up to a skip, which sped up even more to a jog. She was so excited to meet the other students who she would be spending her high school years with! After all, roommates were usually your closest friends at a school, at least that was what her mother said. She raced past a door, but then realized that it was dorm 411. She quickly skidded to a stop, frantically retracing her steps.
"Here I am! Dorm 411!" She said loudly as she jumped in front of the door. She realized she'd have to knock in order to be acknowledged by the students on the other side of the door. She stood on her toes, not that she needed to stand on her toes, she just did that when she knocked on doors. She repeatedly knocked on the door with her closed hand, a smile plastered onto her face.

"Helloooo! Dorm 411 people? Can I come in? Please, please, please!?!?" She said loudly, continuing to rap on the door quickly, "If I can't come in then I'd have to sleep on the floor! And that sure wouldn't be as fun as hanging out with my new Dorm 411 besties!" She said, laughing. Nobody could tear Hope down from her cheer. Nobody! Right? Hopefully. Even if the students in 411 were mean, she'd just laugh and shrug it off. Maybe change their thoughts on her a bit? Hope didn't care what people thought about her, Hope only cared what she thought about other people. And she'd always find the positive things about others. Which is probably why she's easy to make friends with. She continued to knock on the door, speeding up the pace.
"Knocking on the door sounds like some sort of song beat!" She said, her smile growing wider and she began knocking a beat on the door with two hands this time.
Back to top Go down
Grizzly

Grizzly

Beata Bucks : 8530

PostSubject: Re: Dorm 411? Cool! {CLOSED for students in Dorm 411}   Dorm 411? Cool! {CLOSED for students in Dorm 411} EmptySun Jul 03, 2016 7:56 pm

Hunter was playing an old retro game on the T.V. when a furiously happy rapping came on the door. He was just stating to move in, and he supposed another new Autumn had come to call. Her voice was sickeningly giddy, not that he really cared. He paused his game and got up, taking a swig of soda. He was beginning to be obsessed with the fizzy orange stuff they sold in the cafeteria. He felt suddenly homesick. He wondered how Ben and Tara were. He'd have to give them a ring soon. The knocking continued as he groaned, jogging across the room. "I'm coming! Jesus, girl!" he teased as he gripped the doorknob in a gloved hand. His navy blue fingerless gloves slipped on the metal a bit, but he disregarded it.

The door flew open, and there was a blonde haired, blue eyed, incredibly short girl bouncing on her heels. Being 6'1", he towered over her, and his expression spelled mischief. Though, she wasn't his type. He preferred someone taller, with shorter hair... and maybe a beard. He pulled his wayward thoughts back to the girl. She couldn't have been older than 14. She was probably even 13, and suddenly he felt bad about planning some flirtatious schemes. Still, his smirk was everlasting.  "I'm Hunter, and I'm your... giraffe of a roommate, I guess," he joked, patting her head and referencing her height. He gestured inside chivalrously. "I'm playing a game on the T.V, try not to mess it up, okay?"
Back to top Go down
Acrylicreepy

Acrylicreepy

PostSubject: Re: Dorm 411? Cool! {CLOSED for students in Dorm 411}   Dorm 411? Cool! {CLOSED for students in Dorm 411} EmptySun Jul 03, 2016 9:52 pm

Completely passing up the subject of television games, Hope went right on to talking, "Oh! That's alright, giraffes are cool. And if giraffes are cool that means your cool. Hm...giraffe...that's gonna be your nickname from now on! I mean, not in a bad way, because I think giraffes are cool, did I mention that giraffes are cool already? If not, then giraffes are cool! Of course I wouldn't try to give anyone bad nicknames because that would just lead to enemies, and what's the point of making enemies if there are soooo many students here just waiting to be apart of an amazing friendship! And friendships lead to meet ups, meet ups lead to parties, and parties are usually formal dances, and you usually have to have dates to formal dances, and you usually find a date by going to casual parties, which lead to meet ups, which leads to a friendship, which leads to getting a date, which is a lot more than friendship."
Hope then blinked, realizing where she had just brought the conversation to.
"Whoops. Whatever, ignore the last thing I said. That was weird. I trail off on conversations sometimes because conversations is just one way to gain a friend, which soon leads to meet ups, which leads to parties-" She stopped, shaking her head and laughing. A girly, high-pitched laugh. More like a giggle. The giggle that she used when she was nervous.

Hope was unfazed by the awkwardness, unlike her sister Amaye, who might've been totally fazed by it. Hope wondered how her older sister was getting along with her roommates? Had she talked to anybody? No worries, if she hadn't then Hope could give her speaking lessons. Wait, speaking lessons? Was that even a thing? I guess Hope would be establishing that. Her foot was repeatedly tapping the ground, her sandal making noises as it pressed against the ground.
"This certainly is a nice dorm! Well, it's not as nice as my actual bedroom back at my house, but I suppose this is my new 'bedroom' now, so I'll get used to it. Not that this dorm is bad, because it's wonderful! I'm sure I'll love it here along with all of the other Autumn students and even the Winter, Spring, and Summer students!" She said, changing the conversation, the conversation of which she had been speaking most of the time. That was just her nature, speaking a whole lot.

Her phone vibrated. She figured her post on Esper was probably trending or aomething, she was a social butterfly whether it was face to face or social media. Esper would probably be the second best thing for Hope to befriend other students, besides speaking to them away from a screen. She then looked up, wondering which bed would be hers.
Oh, wait, obviously the empty one. Duh! She thought, laughing to herself.

She then spun around to face Hunter, looking at him as if she was waiting for him to say something.
Back to top Go down
Grizzly

Grizzly

PostSubject: Re: Dorm 411? Cool! {CLOSED for students in Dorm 411}   Dorm 411? Cool! {CLOSED for students in Dorm 411} EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 5:36 am

Hunter nearly cried out in exasperation. She just kept going on and on and on! He sighed to himself. "Okay... That bedroom over there is yours," he began, "And I'm gonna set two basic ground rules. Don't come in my room and don't taker my gloves. I know they're trendy and stylish, but you do not wanna see what'll happen when I take them off, ya got it?" He shut the door behind him and jogged to the fridge, grabbing a can of... he didn't really bother to check the label. He chucked it at her, hoping she'd catch it. She'd have to learn how, he was too lazy to walk over and hand it to her. He proceeded to do something incredibly stupid: He blasted off towards the couch, jumping and barreling over onto it. He grabbed his game controller and clicked resume, and the Mario theme rang through the house as he jumped on a koopa. "So what's your fancy superpower?" he said while patting the couch next to him, urging her to take a seat next to him. "Can you guess by my arms?" 

His arms were pretty much a wreck. Scars and fresh burns alike seared his flesh and tiny golden feathers dotted his arms. They did that on his legs, too. Constantly burning himself was just another side affect of his other half. He had to wear gloves in the shower, which sucked absolute ass. He wanted fire nowhere near his you-know-what. He glanced at the small girl with a smirk. "Attractive, right?"
Back to top Go down
Acrylicreepy

Acrylicreepy

PostSubject: Re: Dorm 411? Cool! {CLOSED for students in Dorm 411}   Dorm 411? Cool! {CLOSED for students in Dorm 411} EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 6:20 am

Hope took a mental note of what not to do, she wouldn't want to go around angering her roommates! She was staring around the room when something came at her from the corner of her eye. She quickly spun around to catch, whatever it was. She fumbled with it for a second, but it didn't drop to the ground, thankfully. She realized it was a soda, but it wasn't familiar at all. She shrugged as she practically skipped over to the couch and sat beside Hunter.
"Well, judging by the burns, something with fire?" She asked after looking at Hunter's arms and legs.

She opened her mouth to talk about her power, but decided to let Hunter finish speaking about his. It was just polite. Plus, Amaye had told her that listening is more important than talking, and listening helps you learn more about people. And Hope sure did want to find out all she could about people...but she also wanted people to find out about her!

Hope pressed the top of the soda can down to open it, and didn't even bother to look at the liquid inside before drinking. When she took her first sip, she gave a little nod.
Is every single food or drink item at this school as delicious as this one soda? She thought, before continuing to drink.
Back to top Go down
Grizzly

Grizzly

PostSubject: Re: Dorm 411? Cool! {CLOSED for students in Dorm 411}   Dorm 411? Cool! {CLOSED for students in Dorm 411} EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 12:34 pm

Hunter shrugged and mashed the buttons on his controller. "Goddamn... Koopa troopas are gonna feel my... Ha!" The red haired boy punched the air triumphantly. He sat back and stretched. "Yup, fire-related. I actually hate fire, so it's not my favorite thing about myself. At the same time, a demonstration wouldn't hurt." He smirked and stood up. He twisted his body and turned into his other half, a golden bird. He hopped up on the couch, keeping his wings and tail off the fabric. Little candlelight-sized flames burned on the tips of his wings and tail. The bird's eyes twinkled with what would be laughter, waiting for the reaction.
Back to top Go down
Acrylicreepy

Acrylicreepy

PostSubject: Re: Dorm 411? Cool! {CLOSED for students in Dorm 411}   Dorm 411? Cool! {CLOSED for students in Dorm 411} EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 3:02 pm

Hope was speechless. That was so cool! She had to stop herself from staring.
"Woah! That is soooo cool!" She said, smiling. So far, this was the only gift she had seen besides Amaye's and her own. She tilted her head, admiring the bird that was perched in front of her for a few more seconds, before leaping off the couch and running over to one of her bags.

"Okay, it's my turn to show you my power." She said. This would be fun, showing off her power to someone else besides her family. Well, not showing off, like, rudely. Hope certainly wouldn't try to be rude. She pulled out a book, the front and back covers were pink, and in gold letters, the name 'HOPE' was spelled out on the front. She had two different books. A diary, and her sketchbook. This one was her sketchbook where she kept all of her drawings and where she glued some of her paintings when they dried.

She headed back over to the couch, opening her sketchbook to look for a good picture to show Hunter. It couldn't be anything that would be dangerous or huge. She stopped at a page that had a painting of a butterfly. It was pasted to the page by four pieces of tape in each of the corners. She placed her finger on it, and waited a few moments for something to happen. When nothing happened, she raised one eyebrow with confusion.
"Why isn't it worki-" She began, but before she could finish, a pink and green butterfly shot out of the page that she had placed her finger on.
Hope smiled brightly at the butterfly, beginning to speak, "My power is something I call living art. I can bring any sort of painting or drawing to life! Well at least I've only tried bring paintings and drawings to life."
Could she bring other art related objects to life? Like statues and pottery? Maybe she'd try it later on if she ever went down to the school's studio.
Back to top Go down
Grizzly

Grizzly

PostSubject: Re: Dorm 411? Cool! {CLOSED for students in Dorm 411}   Dorm 411? Cool! {CLOSED for students in Dorm 411} EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 9:13 pm

Hunter twisted his body and took on his human form again, sitting cross-legged on the couch and watching the excited girl pull out a sketchbook. As the drawing came to life and floated around the room, he ran a gloved hand through his fiery hair in awe. He got up and stood beside Hope, reaching for the book and flipping to a blank page. He grabbed a pen from his pocket and scrawled a simple but pleasant doodle of a turtle. "I like turtles, so this is how you can remember me when I'm not around," he said with a sarcastic whimsical wave of his hand. "I'm not one for tear-jerkers, though. But really, it might be useful. If a weirdo comes up to you, you can say that the turtle was drawn by you boyfriend to keep him away. If he still keeps pressing, telling him I can melt his face off might work. It's an excellent defense mechanism."
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

Beata Bucks : 10079

PostSubject: Re: Dorm 411? Cool! {CLOSED for students in Dorm 411}   Dorm 411? Cool! {CLOSED for students in Dorm 411} EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 10:28 pm

At that moment, the electricity of the dorm short circuited. A loud buzz filled the air, followed by two loud pops, and suddenly anything connected to power was shut off. Including the t.v., cellular devices, and lights. The only source of light was the sun's rays making its way though the window, and of course- Hunter. It was quiet for a few moments, before fumbling from the other room could be heard, followed shortly by the door opening. The student quickly stepped out before quickly closing the door behind himself.

The student stood with his hands behind his back and the slightest of smiles on his face. "I'm sorry , it's a habit. I can't control it too well yet." 'It' being his power, but he didn't specify that. The dark haired boy glanced towards the lights that were seated within the ceiling. "It should be back on in a sec." He added quickly, pushing up his glasses with his hand. Sure enough, the lights flickered back on, devices booting back up. The fan over the living area began to slowly spin again.

Violet eyes landed on the two, glancing between the two. "Oh! Uh- am I intruding on anything? Should I just head back to my room?" He asked, raising a brow. Axel was aware that he was not actually intruding, but liked giving them a hard time nonetheless.

He already knew his nickname for the girl. He heard her talking from his room, an it seemed she had a lot to say. A Chatty Cathy as people would say. Cathy it is. The other boy- He needed more thought. The name Flame seemed too easy... Fire-guy? Maybe...Maybe not. He'd have to put more thought into it.
Back to top Go down
Acrylicreepy

Acrylicreepy

PostSubject: Re: Dorm 411? Cool! {CLOSED for students in Dorm 411}   Dorm 411? Cool! {CLOSED for students in Dorm 411} EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 7:45 am

Hope glanced at the turtle that was drawn by Hunter in her sketchbook. She then smiled, "I'll keep that in mind!" She said, cheerfully.
When the lights went off, she was startled due to how sudden it was, but then she just smiled again. She liked the dark, there were so many fun things to do and see in the dark. When they came back on, she spun around to face the boy who had entered, "No! Your not intruding!" She said, closing her sketchbook gently so no loose pages of drawings would topple out, "What's your name? I'm Hope!"

Hope's attention was now drawn to Axel, but she still knew that Hunter was there. Another roommate would be great! It certainly would be a lot different than being homeschooled, because she slept alone in her bedroom, but having roommates would be so much better. Maybe not for Hope's sister, Amaye, but definitely for Hope. She flipped through her sketchbook, occasionally glancing up at Axel to let him know that she was still listening.
Back to top Go down
Grizzly

Grizzly

PostSubject: Re: Dorm 411? Cool! {CLOSED for students in Dorm 411}   Dorm 411? Cool! {CLOSED for students in Dorm 411} EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 8:27 am

Freaking out was an understatement when Hunter heard the buzzing and sparking of electricity. An unholy array of swearing and cursing left his mouth as he covered his head in gloved hands to shield himself from whatever god-forsaken thing just did that. Thankfully, it was just another guy who walked in politely. Hunter chuckled nervously and shook his hands out, awkwardly shuffling his feet. He let Hope do the talking. He was still kind of freaked out, considering that about 2 seconds ago he was convinced a poltergeist was in the dorm. "Y-you're good, mate," he coughed. "Gave me half a heart attack, though." He looked the boy over. He looked like he was a year or two older and nice enough. He took the sudden arrival as a good sign. He needed a cute guy to mess with on a basis. He smirked mischievously and his eyes scanned the other's face, looking for something in his eyes that he wasn't quite sure of yet. "I'm Hunter, but I think your name is more important, hm?"
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: Dorm 411? Cool! {CLOSED for students in Dorm 411}   Dorm 411? Cool! {CLOSED for students in Dorm 411} EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 8:48 pm

Hope and Hunter. Those shouldn't be too hard to remember. "My name is Axel." The dark haired boy wandered over, putting his hands behind his head. [color=lightsteelblue]"Glad I didn't interrupt anything then." He gave them both a grin and dropped onto the couch's empty spot. Whatever Hunter was looking for in Axel's eyes, there was nothing obvious. "I hope you don't mind, I give everyone nicknames." He paused for a long moment before pointing to Hunter. "I have yet to figure your's out yet." Axel told him, his small smile ever present.
Back to top Go down
Acrylicreepy

Acrylicreepy

PostSubject: Re: Dorm 411? Cool! {CLOSED for students in Dorm 411}   Dorm 411? Cool! {CLOSED for students in Dorm 411} EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 9:51 pm

"Ooh! Nicknames? What's mine?" Hope asked excitedly, jumping up and down once. Oh, how she loved nicknames. They helped her remember names better. Not that she forgot people's names at all. This was all great fun for Hope, meeting and talking to person after person. And besides, this was just one dorm! There were so many other students for her to meet and befriend. She was determined to become friends with them all.

The butterfly that she had animated from the page landed on Hope's head, and her smile became brighter.
"Hunter's nickname is giraffe, obviously!" She said, cheerfully, referring back to her statement for when she had first met Hunter.
"And I hereby dub thee, Blackout. Blackout is your new nickname! Not in a bad way of course." She said to Axel, giggling a little bit as she spoke in a fake royal voice.
Back to top Go down
Grizzly

Grizzly

PostSubject: Re: Dorm 411? Cool! {CLOSED for students in Dorm 411}   Dorm 411? Cool! {CLOSED for students in Dorm 411} EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 5:17 am

Hunter smiled at Hope. She was pretty cute, if not a slight pain in his ass to talk to. Axel was a pretty cool name, better than Hunter. He never really liked the name, mostly because it was his mother's idea... He smirked at the idea of a nickname. Hope's idea for Axel's nickname was pretty funny. "'Blackout' has got to be the best thing I've heard today," he laughed. "My mother never gave me nicknames, though she had plenty of opportunity to insult me in that area. Yeah... we're not close." He didn't bother to elaborate. "This one will be positive, I'm assuming." He almost forgot about his drink, which was half empty on the coffee table. He swiped it and started sipping again. There would probably never be a time after this when he didn't have a can of something in his hand.

I keep wanting to type "Axl" without the "E" because it's my dog's name

Last edited by Grizzly on Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:12 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Splotch
Queen of Shotas
Splotch

PostSubject: Re: Dorm 411? Cool! {CLOSED for students in Dorm 411}   Dorm 411? Cool! {CLOSED for students in Dorm 411} EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 8:41 pm

"Blackout." Axel repeated, running his hand through his hair. He hadn't gotten his own nickname before. It was a nice change in pace. Violet eyes landed on the blonde girl and tilted his head at her question. "You have a lot to say. Which is pretty cool. So I've got Cathy. If you can understand where I got that from." He responded. The dark haired student leaned back on the couch and looked back at Hunter. The nickname okay, but wasn't sure if it was the one that he wanted to call his dormmate. Axel was silent for long moment, observing the other student's features with a critical eye.

"Firefly." He decided suddenly, sitting upright. The older student seemed satisfied with his choice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dorm 411? Cool! {CLOSED for students in Dorm 411}   Dorm 411? Cool! {CLOSED for students in Dorm 411} Empty

Back to top Go down

Dorm 411? Cool! {CLOSED for students in Dorm 411}
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next