Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

The Winter Formal

Go down 
+14
Rice_is_Nice
Sovuru
Frosty
Shadow
Kitty
May
Eclipse
Mount
Jackie
Stormi
Ebony
Falcon
Echo
Lilac
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Falcon

Falcon

Beata Bucks : 11614

The Winter Formal - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Winter Formal   The Winter Formal - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 4:48 pm

Jacob took Alicia's hand and led her over towards a more secluded wall in the hall, away from the dance floor and away from the refreshments stand. While he had noticed a slight tonal change in her voice before they started moving, he didn't connect that to seeing anything distressful over at the punch bow. Sure, he knew that Alicia had once had a creepy stalker that had definitely scarred her, but since he didn't know the identity of this fellow, he had no idea that the very same person was here at the dance, creating the stressful aura the pretty Summer girl was attempting to hide.

Leaning back slightly against the wall, Jacob's smile returned as he took another look at Alicia under the more dimmed lights away from the dance floor. Damn, she was gorgeous. Still, it wasn't like he was daft: he was aware that she still wasn't feeling fully comfortable with the whole situation, which in turn made him feel kind of bad. On one hand, it was hard to feel regretful about it when he was actually at the dance with a girl, and a very pretty one at that. On the other hand, he wasn't entirely convinced that she felt the same way he did about it. Her nervousness was pretty perceptible, and the conversation where she had told him she might end up freaking out and running away came to mind. "Alicia…" he began, giving her hand a gentle squeeze. "I hope being here isn't too stressful for you. I didn't mean to bring you somewhere that would make you uncomfortable; I was just thinking the dance would be fun to go to together. It's not nearly as much fun to go alone." Another soft laugh and a sympathetic smile. "I'm not sure if it's much consolation, but if there's anything I can do to make you feel more at-ease, tell me, okay? I promise I'll do my best for you." Maybe he was prying too hard, but he really did just want to make her feel more comfortable here with him, and maybe there was something he could do for her, though somehow he doubted it. Hopefully she wouldn't want to leave, though. That'd be quite the downer.
Back to top Go down
Mount
Hamburglar
Mount

Beata Bucks : 10914

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Formal   The Winter Formal - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 8:45 am

Montare continued to smile at Cyth's response, beginning to walk over to the dance floor, although the feeling that this may end up going poorly continued to fill his mind as he walked. Again, the last thing he needed was to humiliate himself here, especially when he had no reputation to help him, and it would likely only make things worse for him. Montare reached the dance floor, turning to look at Cyth. Despite how it was probably not how things would normally go, Montare silently hoped that Cyth would start this. He looked around, desperately trying to get something from what the others were doing. But hey, this could be worse. He could have ended up in a situation like Evelyn had when she tripped and her power suddenly went off.
Back to top Go down
Frosty
Frosty

Beata Bucks : 11652

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Formal   The Winter Formal - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 8:00 pm

Jayden really hoped he wasn't blushing, or that it was too dark to notice. He leaned over his guitar, grinning brightly before he mouthed a 'hello' back. He quickly balanced the instrument on his lap, before raising his hands in front of him. And you look... He paused, unsure what to say. Good, nice, pretty, didn't seem to cover it, so he decided to be honest. Beautiful. As soon as he said it, though, he saw the other band members began to set up for their performance. He sighed, giving Noa one last wave before he began to play. When the first song started, his fingers swiftly moved on the strings, more out of memory than thought. His thoughts led him to a time when he was a child, and his mother would sing that to him while they dance, his feet on top of her's. For a moment, he wished things could be like that again, and for his father not to be stuck in a cot, and for everyone not to be so high strung lately. But things were getting better now, and it was his turn to sing anyway. Still strumming on the guitar, he closed his eyes and focused on the lyrics, on the pulse of the song, on the feel of the instrument in his hands. He let it fill his soul, and when the familiar feeling of magic began to build up, he concentrated on singing.
Of course, he wasn't really singing, as Jayden hadn't spoken a word in his lifetime. But the song carried to the crowd, to each and every person as if they were on the front row. It wrapped around their brains, along with the faint tickle of magic.

Suddenly, I'm feeling brave. Don't know what's got into me, why I feel this way...

Emelia looked up from her cup, grinning as she saw Penny. Maybe she wouldn't be alone tonight. "Hey! She looked over the other girl's dress, raising an eyebrow. "And wow. You look... wow." What did she say? Her friend looked absolutely gorgeous. She couldn't believe she hadn't noticed Penny when she walked in, especially considering how she practically glowed. In fact, she couldn't believe how pretty Penny was in the first place. Wait. Was that weird? "OMG." She said suddenly, the beginning of the song pulling her from her thoughts. "This song is like, my jam." She said, her eyes lighting up as Forever and Always began to play. She glanced over at the dance floor, looked over at Penny and raised her eye in question. Emelia was ready to dance.

While the second song was playing, a tall young man walked in full suit in tie. He looked around at the scenery with minor interest, though his brown eyes flickered away after a moment as he peered towards the crowd. He was searching for someone, and quickly spotted a familiar crown of auburn hair. A smirk touched his lips, as he made his way towards the young man and the brightly haired girl.
"Don't waste your time, Pres." He called, as he walked up behind his brother. "She's way to good looking for you." He said, tsking in mock disappointment.
Back to top Go down
Lilac
Admin
Lilac

Beata Bucks : 11272

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Formal   The Winter Formal - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 17, 2014 3:58 pm

Jace's reaction was not at all the reaction she had wanted or expected from the blonde boy. She had at least expected a little more enthusiasm about this whole thing, and showed her disappointment for a brief second before shoving the emotion away and offering instead a slightly discouraged but forced smile. Sure he might have agreed, but he seemed a little distant and not interested in dancing with her. Quickly Verona dismissed the thought as overthinking the situation as she was guided onto the dance floor.
The two were a measly inches away from each other, and Verona made sure not to get too close. She wanted to win this unspoken competition without the use of her gift and if the two were touching it might be harder to do. But the two were still extremely close and Verona swayed along with Jace to the even tempo of the song. He was a pretty decent dancer and Verona could guess he had probably been to his fair share of parties. The two were evenly matched in almost everyway and Verona was trying to decide on which dance move to do next when in a whir Jace was gone with some lame excuse to help some girl, Verona really couldn't make whoever it was out.
She tried not to feel a slight tinge of jealousy, but the feeling crept onto her anyway. Although it was only through watching Jace walk away that she spotted a familiar streak of chestnut hair.
Her mouth dropped. It couldn't be... And then she spotted an equally striking set of teeth. Suddenly overcome with a mixture of excitement and angry rage Verona stormed over to the table. "What the hell?" Verona gasped, staring at her brothers with disbelief. Those little suckers hadn't even told her they had come in yet and yet she spots them chatting it up with some chick with overly colored hair.
"You didn't even tell me you were here." Verona continued slightly hurt, staring at the two before holding her arms out for a hug. "I didn't think you guys were even supposed to get here for at least another week. And as she starred at the two boys with disbelief, her date slowly started to become forgotten as Verona suspected he was no longer on her mind.

Noa's face was extremely flustered and she hadn't even had a sip of the punch. Jayden's flattery was overwhelming her and she couldn't keep away a large smile from being plastered onto her face. But the moment didn't last long as suddenly Jayden had to start performing. Then suddenly she was lonely again, longing for her date to be down here with her. Maybe they could be dancing right now, other people looked like they were dancing with their dates. And then she froze. She heard his voice first as a faint whisper and then she heard it again. With a slack jaw, Noa turned to stare at Jayden. He was singing! He was actually singing! Noa couldn't believe it, oh this was so exciting and he sounded so great and... and....
His voice was so intoxicating that Noa staggered backwards a few steps. Lyrics were swirling around her head and fogging her thought process. The only thing she could even focus on was the music and Jaii and how much of a great boy friend he was. As in... a friend that was a boy. Noa didn't.... I mean maybe she did but...
Regardless Noa stood there swaying slightly to the music and flashed Jayden and thumbs up.

Amused and slightly bewildered, Eloise stared at the boy with an impressed look on her face. Not to say she hadn't expected the retort from him but.... yeah, she really wasn't expecting that response. Hm. The pastel haired girl let out an impressed chuckle. "Well, I am definitely here alone," She said flatly. "But unlucky for you, I'm uninterested." But even as she turned away, she kept stealing glances toward the direction of the boy. He was generally attractive, not the typical guy she would go for, but Eloise supposed pretty boys were decent. Her attention was only fully turned back to the boy as another teenage boy approached the them.
Turning her attention back to them Eloise stared at the new boy. There definitely was a resemblance between the two and Eloise shook her head. Siblings maybe? "You should listen to him, I think I am just a little too pretty for you." She joked, rolling her eyes considering that Eloise figured he was probably more into the girly cheerleader type. And it wasn't until she spotted Verona, queen bitch herself, that's when it all clicked. Siblings? Must be. "How touching, a family reunion. Well I'm going to run, I'm being called somewhere else." Eloise said, standing up and immediately pulling her dress down so it covered a little more of her thigh.
Eloise then proceeded to head over to the stage to where she took a spot behind the drums. The sooner this little shindig was over, the better. Besides all of these songs were lame anyway.

Last edited by Queen Lilac on Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stormi
The Slenderman
Stormi

Beata Bucks : 10300

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Formal   The Winter Formal - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 17, 2014 6:10 pm

Katsuo watched as the band played, clapping from where he stood, and waved to Lamia, though she didn't seem to have seen him. He walked through the crowd, looking around at all the fancy students in fancy clothes. He preferred to keep to himself...Where had Aiko run off to? The boy walked over to the stage and looked around, wondering if either Lamia or his sister was over here.

Aiko popped a bunch of party-poppers, letting out little yelps every now and then. "Everyone let's all have fun!" She yelled out happily, holding out a small basket of little sweet candies she had brought to help celebrate. She was always in such a good mood for parties and fun and just...This place was awesome! She was having such a great time.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

Beata Bucks : 11680

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Formal   The Winter Formal - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 17, 2014 7:50 pm

"Well, of course I'll catch you!" Richard replied quickly as Brailynn slid past him and into the hallway. He still couldn't get over how good she looked, and without saying too much more, he quickly followed her out of the dorm. "Well, it's just a dance. Are we actually going to be late?" he asked after a few moments. It was a completely delayed reaction, but hey. She looked nice. He had a right to be distracted ;A; and then they made it to the dance. Ta-da. As they entered the large hall, he stopped in his tracks for just a second as the decorations took his breath away. He really wasn't expecting all of this, but when you're in a school for the gifted, he shouldn't have expected anything less. It was absolutely gorgeous. "Wow," he muttered. Everything just looked amazing.

Penny stopped for just a second to listen to the song that Emelia had begun to freak out over. Penny wasn't actually particularly familiar with this song, but it seemed to have a great sound to it. When she glanced back at her friend, she raised her own eyebrows as a grin spread across her face. "I'm assuming you want to dance, then?" at first, the blond was a little reluctant. While her dress was stunning, she didn't know how well the strapless part of it would stay up. But hey, whatever. It was supposed to be a fun night. She was going to party! "Alright let's go!" she said excitedly as she jumped up from her seat and ran to the dance floor, looking back only once when she got there to see if Emelia had followed.
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

Beata Bucks : 9625

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Formal   The Winter Formal - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 17, 2014 8:52 pm

Alicia's gaze trailed to the floor, feeling butterflies flutter up through her chest when he said her name, when he gently squeezed her hand. She had to force herself to take another deep breath and silently prayed that it wasn't obvious how both nervous and flustered she really was. "I-it's okay. It's not your fault." The young woman stammered out, trying to stop the shaking in her hands. "That boy over there... by the punch bowl. H-he's the one that frightens me. The one with the black hair." She pointed nimbly with two fingers in Montare's direction, hardly able to look for more than a moment. If she stared any longer than a heartbeat, she would start to feel a little sick, but she tried to stay strong. Feeling a bit weak, she turned away from that direction entirely, gently pressing herself against Jacob and hiding away. She had to believe that he'd protect her from the creep from the other side of the room. If nothing else, his close presence was comforting.
The Summer's eyes couldn't help but widen a little as he spoke on, though. Most guys, she figured, wouldn't left her a while ago. It was better to simply go it alone than deal with some traumatized stranger, wasn't it? And he'd hardly known her for more than a few days. It brought up a sharp feeling of suspect in her, one that she was unable to help. "Why do... Why do you care so much?" She whispered, "What do you want?" The thought occurred to her that, maybe, he expected to get something out of this. Maybe he wasn't all that big of a white knight after all.

Lo and behold, the one and only girl in school that Jason Wright would no longer think to hit on.
It had honestly thrown him off a bit, for one thing that she was here, for she didn't seem close to the type who would enjoy parties and dances. Another that she had found herself near in tears on the floor. With a bit uncertainty, Jace watched as she stared down his hand and he wondered for a minute if she would even bother to take it. A fuzzy memory of an afternoon in the gym told him otherwise, remembering the new distance between them that was almost suffocating.
Yet still, she hesitantly took his hand and pulled herself onto her feet. He thought about asking her what she was doing here, or how exactly she ended up on the floor, but he kept his mouth shut instead. It wasn't like her, where he was too nervous to ask, but it more-so felt like a pointless effort. "Don't mention it." The Autumn said back quietly, looking down at her. It was strange, he thought, how for once the mindless urge to look away was resistible. Her dress, unlike his date's, was far more humble in design; even so, it was a bright red color that seemed a bit off-putting and demanded attention. A bit of a contrast, but it seemed fitting and looked good on her. "You look... nice." Jace said, picking his words carefully. Another small splash of red was appearing on her elbow, he noticed. Without a word, the young man pulled the handkerchief out of his pocket and held it against her arm until she got the idea and took it herself, his gaze starting to wander away again. He wondered where Verona had run off too.

Preston eyed the familiar student approaching them, scoffing and rolling his eyes. "Please. I've got to be the most handsome guy in this isolated dump." He said, leaning forward and winking at the girl. "Trust me, I look even better out of the tux." His hopes had begun to rise when she mention she had come alone and didn't drop a bit when she had said she wasn't interested. In his mind, every girl was interested in him. Those who thought otherwise simply didn't know better yet. His gaze flickered up with Verona near ran up to them, her arms wide open. He was about to say something before his prey stood up and walked off. He supposed he should've have been disappointed, but if he were going to be rejected, at least he had the pleasure of seeing her walk away from behind. "If you had given me ten more minutes, I could've gotten a piece of that later." Preston huffed with a grin, he punched Dublin in the shoulder and walked up to his sister, giving her a tight hug. "Mom forced us to come early when she heard about the dance. Sorry to say, but you're going to become the victim of several last minute photo-shoots."

Brailynn shrugged, a near careless smile on her face. "Well, I guess we can afford to be fashionable late?" She mused, though she still walked lightly at a good pace down the hallways. And, for the record, she only tripped once. Be proud. When they had reached the Grand Hall, the blonde looked about as taken as her date was. The lighting, the decorations, there were even real snowflakes falling from the ceiling. The Spring reached out in front of her to catch one in the in the palm of her hand. "This is amazing..." She said quietly, for lack of better words coming to her. This would be way better than she thought. With bright eyes, Lynn smiled up at Richard, gently wrapping one arm around his. "So, what do you wanna do first?" She asked. They still might've been a little more late than intended, though. The band's songs were drawing to a slow and a student hastily pulled out a few envelopes - carrying the names of the Formal Royals.
Back to top Go down
https://beataacademy.rpg-board.net
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Formal   The Winter Formal - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 17, 2014 9:10 pm

A young woman, unknown by most to the school, stood at the stage's edge. She wore a small, fluffy black dress with a matching shawl draped gracefully over her shoulders. It was a contrast against her light skin and long brown hair that reached down to the middle of her back. Her gray eyes scanned the area. If one looked closely, there was a pendant of a tree around her neck. Well, hmmmmmm... I wonder who this mysterious person could be. But enough about her.

The music quietly settled down until it reached a subtle halt and the girl made a motion for the band to move off the stage and into the crowd with everyone else. She approached the microphone, did an obligatory tapping of the microphone to be sure that it was on, and went on to speak with a smile. "Hello? May I have everyone's attention please?" She called out, waving her arm out to the crowd. "Welcome everyone to Beata's Winter Formal Dance!" With a bit of glee, the young woman waited for whatever cheers to pass before clearing her throat again.

"I hope you've all been having a pleasant time, and will continue to have for the rest of the night." She said sweetly, "But I have an announcement for you all. It's time to announce our Winter Royals!"

Waiting until the excitement came down to a decent level, and unable to wipe the smile off of her face, she pulled out the envelope in front of her. She swore she could've heard the entire room holding her breath. "Beata, I give you your King and Queen: Jason Wright and Verona Andrews!"

Hopefully before the room got too noisy, the girl continued on, "Your Prince and Princess: Jayden Wright and Lamia Tempo!" The announcer started clapping at once and welcoming the four of them onto the stage to be crowned. "Congratulations!"
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

Beata Bucks : 10617

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Formal   The Winter Formal - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 17, 2014 9:47 pm

To be honest, she couldn't help after seeing Jackie's attempt at dancing to laugh a bit. While she was laughing, she had kept her usual polite tone and had covered her mouth in an attempt to hide her self-pleasure at the Winter student's strange movements. "You don't know how to dance now, do you?" Aethra asked, still trying to suppress any more of the enjoyment from coming out. While it was great that she could be happy, it wasn't really polite to laugh at others. So, it was simple enough that she wished to stop before getting out of hand. Sure, she was telling Jackie to loosen up, but that didn't necessarily mean that the Spring was willing to as well. And, whilst the band's music was really nice as well, it just wasn't her taste due to the fact that her family home was much more calm and relaxing when it came to dance music. All of this activity and energy was a bit different to her. If she was at home, she'd be an eighth grader, not even close to high school quite yet, so, even then, this was a new experience.

Soon, a girl that was named Tree/Ebs/Root went up to the stage, and after she had gotten the band completely off. It was the announcement that they were all waiting for. The king, queen, prince, and princess results. Actually, she wasn't that eager about it. Aethra didn't even bother to vote properly at the time since she was a completely new student and didn't even know anyone. She didn't even care for the elections or nominations. Though, it was nice to see who wound up winning. And as soon as the victors of the lovely formal went up and were crowned, the mirage inducer was willing to be polite and congratulate them. Not that she had to, but due to traditional rules at home and how she was taught - and the entire concept was embedded on her now - it was the best she could do to show her support for them. The names were all foreign to her, but nonetheless, they all won their achievements fairly.

On the other hand, Lamia, as soon as she got off the stage. Was face to face with Katsuo. She had meant to go dance with him as soon as her performance was over, but... that was a little too late. Seeing his wave before, while she wished to tell him that she was happy for him to support her, it was the quick sudden announcement from the girl that had announced the nominations for king and queen. Jayden Wright and... Wait, her name? Was that really true? To be honest, she wanted to neglect the crown and hand it to someone else. Out of all students, how had she won? Perhaps she misheard it, really, she must have misheard. Yet, there weren't any students at the school that had the last name "Tempo" besides her and her brother. So, it meant only one thing. She had won somehow.

While she had met numerous students at the school during the time before the dance, the time thief never expected to be one of the royals of the formal. Not at all. What would be most suspicious, was that she was the only new student to have won the elections. Wasn't that a bit... odd? Her, out of all possible girls. Aiko could've won and there were other girls more confident and deserving of a reward than her. Despite the fact that the Winter wanted to go and talk to Katsuo and join him for the remainder of the dance as well as speak with Aiko, Lindsey, Kearn, and others, she couldn't refuse a reward so high in front of an entire school. That'd be something nobody would forget anytime soon. She was already on the stairs of the stage, so there wasn't any point in taking the long way around. Waving her hand slightly at Katsuo and signaling that she'd be down to meet him as soon as she could, Lamia quietly stepped back up onto the dance's center.

It felt strange. To be up in front of everyone and be rewarded for something so powerful and great. Something she didn't really deserve. Well, this completely spoiled her plans. Weren't the king and queen supposed to dance with each other along with the prince and princess with all eyes carefully watching all of their movements? That was the thought that frightened her the most. Making an attempt to calm down and hope that she wasn't going to do anything off, the newly-named princess of Beata took a deep breath before walking right back onto the stage. Though, one thought lingered on her mind. Jayden Wright was one of the band students and so was she... How were they going to play the song for the dance? Perhaps they were just playing for the king and queen and then the prince and princess were dancing to a song from a CD? Or... they just weren't dancing together at all. Though, the likeliness of that was probably less than a tenth.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy
Bottom Pillow
Sleepy

Beata Bucks : 12379

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Formal   The Winter Formal - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 12:12 am

God kill me now.

Evelyn forced herself to look up at him, but immediately tore her gaze away with a deepening blush as he rambled off the meager compliment. "Oh, uh, t-thanks..." she muttered back meekly. "Um, y-y-you do too. Look nice, t-that is..." Her voice tailored off in a small nervous laugh as she clutched her arm tighter. The girl felt like she could die from the embarrassment. What on earth had possessed her to go to this stupid dance in the first place? Oh, right. Colette. Out of the frying pan and into the fire. There wasn't a place she could escape to without being haunted by some bad memory.

Her darkening thoughts were suddenly interrupted by a soft dab at her elbow. Evelyn flinched at his touch. A handkerchief? She hesitantly moved her own hand over the cloth, with their fingers touching for the briefest of moments. Her gaze lingered. It was probably just a mindless polite gesture, yet she found herself thinking on it. With conflicted feelings and thoughts, the girl looked up at him, only to see that his attention was clearly elsewhere. A sad smile grew on her lips. Forgot me again already, did you?

The announcements stole her attention away. Truthfully, Evelyn couldn't have cared less, but the whole school had been buzzing about it for weeks. It would be good to get some closure. Maybe people would finally shut up about it. 'Welcome, yadda yadda, I hope you're having a good time, blah blah blah.' Just get on with it already. She had fast grown out of patience. The sooner she escaped the Hall, the better. Then, if she was lucky, she could suffer a long and awkward conversation with Kimply or get guilt tripped by Lette. Wouldn't that just be grand? I need alcohol. Lots of alcohol.

"Beata, I give you your King and Queen: Jason Wright and Verona Andrews!"

"C-congratulations." she said, pulling herself away. It looked like eye-patch girl and Jayden were already making their way to the stage. Both sons of the Headmaster winning. How... coincidental. Jace didn't seem like the kind of guy to rig a vote, but...

"You really need to wait up. I'm not going to forget about you."

...well, maybe he was.
Back to top Go down
Falcon

Falcon

Beata Bucks : 11614

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Formal   The Winter Formal - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 1:54 pm

With Alicia pointing him out, Jacob looked back over at the punch bowl and sized up this person, this tormentor of his date from months past. However, he was surprised to find a rather pale, fragile-looking teenager who couldn't have been taller than he was. For some reason, he had imagined that this boy would look more, well, menacing, rather than someone who even seemed rather unsteady on their feet. Maybe there was some power being hidden that had caused Alicia such terror, or maybe the guy was just truly a bonafide creep. Turning his head back, he planned to say something concerning the subject, but was stopped by the sudden feeling of the Summer gently pressing herself against his body, causing his train of thought to derail completely. A blush started spreading on his cheeks as he began to feel as if he was momentarily paralyzed from the warmth of her frame, but he was finally able to pull himself together and use the opportunity to wrap his arms around her, drawing her close to him in a protective way, though he kept his stance open in case she found his new try at boldness offensive and broke free.

Though he had broken through that freeze-up, he was still attempting to formulate something to say when she spoke once more, and it wasn't particularly positive. The question could be figured as innocent enough, but based on what was going on, and based on how her words were no more than a whisper, it was obvious what it truly meant, at least in his mind: she thought he was with her for his own personal gain. Sure, it was nice to be here with her, so there was a bit of a gain in that, but this wasn't all for some selfish reason. His eyes flashed hurt that she'd think so ill of him when he didn't feel that he had done anything to make her feel like that, but he was able to quickly mask that emotion and instead give her a small smile. "I just want you to have a good time." And it was true: he really did want that for her. Were enough people around her after something more that she felt so guarded over it? "And why shouldn't I care? We're friends after all, aren't we? I hate to see anyone I care about unhappy."

At this point, he barely heard the woman on stage announce the winners of the Formal King, Queen, Prince and Princess, and even looking over he didn't recognize any of the winners. Well, most of them… The princess was definitely familiar. There really was no mistaking her: she was the girl he had met in the gym. Lamia was her name, then? She hadn't given him her name when they had met, so this was his first time hearing it, though this wasn't quite the appropriate time to give it much thought.
Back to top Go down
Stormi
The Slenderman
Stormi

Beata Bucks : 10300

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Formal   The Winter Formal - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 5:18 pm

Katuo smiled briefly as Lamia came to greet him, but before they could say anything, they were interrupted once again. His eyes widened as the King, Queen, Prince, and Princess were announced. Lamia...Lamia was the princess? That was great and all, and of course he was happy for her. He was very happy she was given such an apparently high honor(though he hadn't really cared much for the 'awards' himself), but this meant she would have to dance with the prince then, right? What was thi sudden feeling in his chest? Was that a slight tinge of, what...Jealousy? Jealousy because he couldn't be the first guy she danced with at the Formal? No, he decided he wasn't allowed to feel such a stupid emotion over such a small thing. Did...Did she even want to dance with this Jayden guy? Katsuo didn't know him, but hopefully he wouldn't do anything to embarrass Lamia. In fact, he probably came with his own date(it still made Kat a little embarrassed to call Lamia his 'date', since he still couldn't really comprehend the fact that someone liked him ;w;), and perhaps Jayden with prefer to dance with whoever that girl was instead. These were all kind of random guesses, just to tone down this stupid emotion of very faint jealousy...Very faint! 

Aiko smiled as she heard Lamia's name get called up. She had made sure to vote for her two best friends for the Royals; Katsuo and Lamia. It didn't matter if one of them didn't win, since it wasn't that huge of a deal, but she was still happy that Lamia won, and she was sure that Kat was too, right? Eh, she was too excited and cheerful to think about anything even slightly negative at the moment, so all she did for now was clap a lot really fast and give a few "Woot!"s for Lamia and the others who won.
Back to top Go down
annakia sunakia

Beata Bucks : 11274

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Formal   The Winter Formal - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 20, 2014 10:54 am

"Sire wasn't one for dancing." "Infact the goth hated dances." "ok it wasn't just danceing anything socal she hated it all. Romantic cundle light dinners, dances, parties, school events. "No the only reason she was here was to freack the people out." "Mostly it was becouse she wanted to learn to dance was one of the main reasons." "she wanted to learn for viola her best friend and crush."

I cant beleave I am doing this. sire said to herself. to sire it was pointless. Danceing was to her anyway. But sire was madly in love with her friend. And would do anything to prove her worth. i much worther write her a song. I'm good at doing that really good. infsct its what i wanna do with my life write music. but the thing is all my songs are about pain and loess god i am hopeless.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Shadow

Beata Bucks : 11680

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Formal   The Winter Formal - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 11:34 pm

At first, Richard didn't really know what to do. He had never really been to a dance to be honest, and with the crowd, he still wasn't exactly sure. It was so crazy to see everyone so dressed up. It was like walking into a dream almost, actually. As his eyes scanned the entire room, he found a few people he recognized and he was absolutely amazed. But... then his eyes landed on the dance floor and who was the first person he saw? Not Jace or Penny or Emelia. No, he saw Verona. For a moment or two, he just gawked at how beautifully dressed she was, but it took a matter of a second to snap himself out of it. No, he had nothing to do with her. Nothing at all. She was here, and he was certain she wasn't by herself. Besides, Richard had Brailynn... even if they were just going as friends. It could count as something right? Especially if for some reason Vera decided to bring it up sometime during the night. But at this point, he was going to do his best to avoid her. Turning back to Brailynn, he finally came up with an idea. "Well, do you want to check out what kind of food they have? I know you did want to see what it was like," he suggested, trying to stay far away from the dance floor.
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Formal   The Winter Formal - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 12:55 am

Jason laughed in return as well, albeit was about as weak as hers was, at least the smile was genuine. With her red face and shaky-as-hell compliment back, if the situation were a little more pleasant, he might go on to say that it was cute. He didn't dare, though, for more reasons than one. Instead of answering, he simply nodding back in 'thanks'. You know 'nice' was always what he was going for.
Maybe he should've maybe given her a little warning before he touched her? Her flinch had felt like a sharp string to himself, though he supposed he should've seen it coming - knowing her. Jace sighed, supposing it slipped his mind. He wanted to tell the girl next to him she should be more careful, or maybe even slip out of those heels if that's what the problem was - he had no idea how people survived in those things - but doting on the Winter would probably just upset her, he got the feeling.

When he had let his attention waver, he'd turned back around to the spot he'd been on the dance floor not a few moments ago. Of course she'd disappear on him. She didn't seem at all like the type of person who'd keep to herself. After a bit more searching, he found her among two other guys and a girl with obscenely bright hair. The glow-stick girl, he'd never seen before, but the two men held a striking resemblance. Jace looked on a bit exasperated. That's just what the school needed, a bunch more sirens running around and betting up people.

Now, don't get me wrong, Jason was well aware he was a popular guy - he didn't get the the top of the pyramid by sitting around and being a little anti-socialite; however, the past few months he'd hardly been giving his friends the time of day. It didn't surprise him that he was nominated, but it came as a bit of a shock that he had actually won. The blonde hadn't even planned on showing up.
He glanced in Verona's direction, wondering if the ambitious Queen Bee had anything to do with this. He wasn't sure to think about his brother and Lamia. Jayden was even less outgoing than he'd been lately and he hadn't seen this Lamia chick in his life until tonight. Still, nothing else to feel but happiness, he supposed. The young man shot his bro a smile and a wave, doing a little victory 'pump-of-the-fist'.

He'd started to take a step forward towards the stage when he'd heard the stuttering voice behind him again. Jason paused, turning took look back at her again, and smile. "Thanks, Eve." The Autumn turned again and sought out his date, offering his arm to her till they found their way to the stage.

Admittedly, Montare didn't look all that threatening at first glance, though whenever Alicia saw him - all she could see was him on the ground, begging at her feet to hurt him. Whispering her ear as she sat at the Winter girl's bedside, trying to kiss her when she was on the brim of tears. The mere mention of him always made her flinch and she'd had her fair share of nightmares. It'd left her with many nights wishing for home, or at the very least, a good friend to help comfort her. Perhaps that why she hid away against Jacob, taking in a slow breath and letting out a shaky sigh of relief when she felt his arms tighten around her. It wasn't her little hurtful questions came to mind that she took a little step back, loosing the space in-between them.

"... You do?" she asked quietly, as if the entire concept was foreign too her. Alicia frowned a bit. It really couldn't be that simple, could it? She couldn't exactly place why, but there was some sort of ease to his words that made him easy to believe. "We are... uhm, friends..." She let out an uneasy laugh, though it sounded rather awkward, she felt a little more relieved with each passing moment until she was left with a small smile, pure and subtle. "I'm sorry, Jacob. I'm just worried..." Alicia wasn't sure how to explain it, but she did feel bad for throwing such rude suspicions his way.

It was hard not to find your gaze locking onto Verona. She completely stood out, the real gem of the evening. It left her a bit jealous, she wished she could look as beautiful as that. It quickly melted away, though, when she saw who her friend was dancing with. It left Lynn about ready to laugh. Knowing Vera, she could've definitely settled for better. Jace, she knew, was a total hunk on the outside - but she'd known the guy for years. He wasn't "all that" once you really got to know him. Then again, she still held a grudge against the boy for pushing her down the water-slide God knew how long ago. ... and putting a bug in her food, teasing her about make-up, sticking gum in her hair... don't worry. she'd got him back plenty of times over the years.

By the time she glanced back up at Richard, the subject of food was already being brought up. Really, nothing more needed to be said. "Please?" She laughed a little, "The punch bowl is lookin' kind of popular." She suggested again, pointing a finger in the loose direction and heading that way - avoiding the dance floor for some reason, as Richard had seemed to be doing. She near tripped when they'd started to announce the royal couples, not watching where she'd been going.

When they'd announce the King and Queen, Brailynn had easily found herself cheering. "Kiss 'er, Jacey!" She shouted after, teasingly, letting another 'whoop' when they'd announced Jayden's name. She shot Richard a small apologetic glance for the little bit of loud cheering, but hell - what was wrong with a little celebration? In a beautiful room with an amazing guy seeing her best friend and cousin's getting the crowns. She think she had good reason to be in a really good mood.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Winter Formal   The Winter Formal - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Winter Formal
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next