Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Some People Shouldn't Fail [Open]

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Coon
Flower King
Coon

Beata Bucks : 9406

Some People Shouldn't Fail [Open] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some People Shouldn't Fail [Open]   Some People Shouldn't Fail [Open] - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 4:50 pm

Magic didn't bother to look up at his friend. Should he even consider him a friend anymore? Barry probably didn't want to be his friend after all of this.. "I lost it.." He said in a soft tone, but Barry could still hear him. He knew that Lamia had lied for him, but seeing how Barry was asking now, they probably didn't believe it. Magic probably wouldn't have believed it if he was in Aspen's or Barry's place. Hopefully Lamia wouldn't get mad at him for saying that..
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

Beata Bucks : 10656

PostSubject: Re: Some People Shouldn't Fail [Open]   Some People Shouldn't Fail [Open] - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 5:08 pm

Goddammit, why did her arm still hurt? It couldn't be broken or anything... At least, that's what she thought. Suppressing a wince out of pain, Lamia had opened her mouth as if to say something, but quickly shut it when Magic spoke up. Awkwardly standing to the side, her eyes turned away and out towards the window. Did any students walk by and see everything happen? She hoped not, they would've seen the truth for themselves... Or rather, they would see it all happen in a blur and decide the guy who punched the smaller girl was clearly the bad guy. And that was something she didn't want to happen. She tried... But it looks like they were going to find out the truth after all. "S-s-sorry f-for l-lying..." It still was painful to smile and yet she kept smiling anyway. Everyone saw how bad that situation was... So the fact that she was willing to smile made her seem evil. It was terrible of her to be doing that.
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

Beata Bucks : 8493

PostSubject: Re: Some People Shouldn't Fail [Open]   Some People Shouldn't Fail [Open] - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 5:12 pm

Barry nodded at Magic. "It happens to everyone." he said. He hoped that him and Magic were still friends. He looked back to Lamia. "I don't blame you. I can be hard telling people certain things."
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Some People Shouldn't Fail [Open]   Some People Shouldn't Fail [Open] - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 5:50 pm

Magic looked up at Barry, a serious look covering his face. "No. This doesn't happen to everyone.. Not to this caliber anyway.." He was pretty sure when people lose it they don't go looking for a fight, just cause. They don't break bones on purpose. They usually give people warnings, and stuff.. He didn't really know what to say.. He didn't exactly want to outright tell Barry, and Aspen what happened to him.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: Some People Shouldn't Fail [Open]   Some People Shouldn't Fail [Open] - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 5:59 pm

Biting the bottom of her lip, Lamia was starting to reach a breaking point in this entire thing. Would it be bad of her to become so pathetic for someone else's sake? Actually, why not? She was already rather worthless after all. Tears were on the verge out of the corner of her eyes, and her legs suddenly felt weak. Her mental capabilities were really on the point of falling... They were actually going to see the real her. The one who was absolutely weak and unable to do anything. The one who couldn't stand how unfair life was. The one who couldn't keep a happy, gentle mask on. She couldn't reverse the flow as they started to fall, and she threw her hand up to cover her mouth before she said anything. "Y-you d-d-don't understand a-anything, B-barry...!" Her voice was muffled, but that was enough. She was so done with how cruel the world was. Her voice was breaking, dejected, completely hopeless.

"Wh-what d-do you know a-about th-this? N-nothing. Y-you don't d-deserve to kn-know..." Lamia continued, her entire body trembling. "Y-you'd n-n-never g-get why!"
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

PostSubject: Re: Some People Shouldn't Fail [Open]   Some People Shouldn't Fail [Open] - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 6:03 pm

Barry's eyes widened and he stepped back farther, putting his hands up. "I-I'm sorry. You're right. I probably wouldn't understand. But you can help me at least attempt to understand." he said, completely taken aback.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Some People Shouldn't Fail [Open]   Some People Shouldn't Fail [Open] - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 6:22 pm

Well here goes nothing.. Well actually here goes a lot. Time for the truth to come out like his brother had said. His brother was usually right about things. "My real name is Mason. I don't like to be called that because it holds a lot of weight with it.. The weight, that the name bares, is that I used to get in fights a lot. Those fights were dangerous, very dangerous. I was a relentless person back then. I would break bones, and make people lose a lot of blood, just to win those fights. I was basically the ruler of street fights. I didn't have friends, I had people who did dirty work for me. I had people who challenged me. To fight me you would have to make it past the rest, and the rest would fight just as dirty as I would." Magic spoke in a serious tone. Surprisingly his voice did not waver. Barry probably wouldn't want to be involved with him anymore after this, nor Aspen. "What you saw, what I did, was a relapse.. Me going back to what I truly am. My usual personality is something I'm trying to become.. but I fail.. I fail a lot.." Magic glanced over to Lamia. She was breaking just as he did. He walked closer to her, and offered her a hand to hold onto. "I'm sorry Lamia... the truth was bound to come out some time...." He kept a soft tone. He had caused this hadn't he?
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

PostSubject: Re: Some People Shouldn't Fail [Open]   Some People Shouldn't Fail [Open] - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 6:27 pm

Barry listened intently as Magic, or Mason, as it was his real name was, explained what was going on. He shouldn't have surprised him that Magic wasn't his real name, but it was what he preferred to be called so he wouldn't think any different on that part. He nodded as the Winter finished. He, in one of the few moments of speechlessness, had no idea what to say. All he did was continue nodding. It was the only thing he could think to do.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: Some People Shouldn't Fail [Open]   Some People Shouldn't Fail [Open] - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 8:10 pm

This was absolute betrayal.

A bitter smile came unbidden to her lips and she could feel her face heating up. Her eyes were the same cold, unreadable blue again as though it were a storm raging at sea and caught an unsuspecting ship within it. Uncovering her mouth, she threw her hand back down to clench her injured arm, barely turning her head to face Mason and scarcely attempted to breathe, as though she were afraid that he would hear her fear, her anxiety. So many different emotions were surging through and she couldn't control it. Lamia didn't try and face the other two, rejecting Magic's offer immediately without any words having needed to be said. It would take one sudden movement and she would lose it - mental breakdowns were her absolute specialty. If anything else, she didn't want them to see it, but the words she spoke were harsh and uncontrolled. For some reason, she was starting to feel strangely apathetic rather than embarrassed as she normally would be. Perhaps it was the side she brought out when she couldn't handle it anymore, and she wasn't sure whether she should be glad for it or not.

"I-I-I... I-I can't b-believe you!" she breathed as she blindly felt the tears blurring her vision. Everything was always too high up for her... She couldn't reach anything and always grasped empty air because she was never worth it. Everything was spinning, the world was so cruel. She was honestly completely fine with suffocating herself right then and there in front of the three, but decided against it. "Y-you sh-should've j-just... J-just let them b-believe it was my fault." Gasping for breath again, Lamia wanted to laugh at how pathetic she was really. And they were going to agree with her by the end of it.

Hurt. "Th-they w-wouldn't h-have to know."
Defeated. "I-if th-they thought it was me... y-you'd have a b-better time at this school."
Indignant. "Th-they d-d-didn't have to hear anything! Th-th-they could've f-found out wh-when they c-couldn't betray you."
Betrayed. "A-after all... wh-who'd care about someone u-useless l-like me?"

Shaking her head, Lamia couldn't help but wonder how quick it would be to stumble onto a cliff and drop to the ends of hell. Sounds tempting. She clutched her arm more tightly, praying that anyone that was listening would just keep quiet. There was silence again until she suddenly piped up. "A-and d-don't tell me otherwise... Y-you d-don't kn-know who I-I am at all." Her bangs fell over her eyes again as she bowed down her head in shame. Her life was an absolute mess, a tangle of problem after problem. I'm probably just another eyesore, and I'm barely able to keep going. They were being too nice before. I don't deserve it. Especially not after this. A small, nervous laugh filled the air again. The same way as always. The worst part was that she already hated this damned academy, and she was beginning to question whether it was really worth it at all to stay here.

How much had she changed since coming here? "Wh-why do y-you people always i-insist th-that it's wrong f-f-for someone w-weak to try and pr-protect someone?" Lamia didn't care if it seemed like she was rambling. Not at all. Or if she was overreacting. This entire thing... she was done with it. She might as well leave now before the situation got worse. No, it was as bad as it could get and it was all of her fault. It was all my fault. Because I wanted to try something that people might appreciate. And I'm an idiot for it.

"Y-you're so.. so st-stupid, M-magic!"

And she ran, sprinting as fast as she could out of the gym, hoping that her arm wouldn't render her useless in her blind run to the dorms. She couldn't choke back the sobs or reverse any of the tears or words she had spoken, letting them freely stream down her cheeks. She was mentally screaming at herself for acting so impulsively, for her pitiful behavior. What was she expecting there? For everything to go as she had hoped? That everything would be alright if she just tried for once and all of life's problems would be fixed and she would finally have friends? This was her fault. She continued to run, bumping into other students without any apology, and started to turn a corner.

And she tripped on her own feet in frustration, landing on her injured arm and a sharp cry rang out. Lamia hissed in pain, and found herself unable to get back up. Fuck. If any of the others chased after her, she didn't want them to see her. As bad as it sounded, she wound up inching herself towards a wall, backing herself as close to it as possible in hopes that they would overpass her. She didn't dare turn to face them, her small frail body still being rattled by shaking and quiet sobbing as she clenched her broken arm closer, unsure of what to do.

Stupidstupidstupidstupid Magic. What did I do to make you betray me like that? Deep in her mind, she knew she wasn't mad at him, but she didn't want to admit it. She wanted someone else to blame. That's all.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Some People Shouldn't Fail [Open]   Some People Shouldn't Fail [Open] - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 9:10 pm

Concern grew in Magic as he heard Lamia have a hard time breathing. He looked over at her and was a bit shocked by the facial expression she held. Anger.. Betrayed.. is what he got despite that she was smiling. He could tell it was a bitter smile. He took his hand back, knowing full well that she rejected it. Strangely enough he concern soon faded. It was like his past all over again. It was just like when he told his mom about his power, and the fights, thinking she would be proud, but he just got the same look that Lamia just gave him, except without a smile.

His eyes started growing cold as Lamia started talking. He just stood there and took it all. His eyes growing colder by the second. Any concern he had for her was gone. He should have let them believe it was her fault? No! He wasn't going to do that. He didn't want to do that! He wanted to tell the truth. If it was someone else he wouldn't have cared! But he wasn't going to say anything. He was just going to sit there and take it. He was a monster after all. Who cared for what monster's had to say? He still didn't think she was pathetic. Not at all.

They wouldn't have to know? They were bound to find out sometime
He would have a better time at the school if they thought it was her fault? No cause then he might have had to deal with them speaking bad things about his friend.
When they couldn't betray you? They would always have the option to do that. Everyone does.
Who cares about someone like her? He did. He cared for someone like her. He didn't think she was useless

He didn't even look at her arm. He knew how badly he hurt it. Magic knew how powerful he was, so her attempting to act like nothing was wrong didn't fool him. It may have been true that he didn't know her past, but he knew the girl that had visited him, and attempted to protect him, and help him. He knew the girl that he tried to help when she was sick. There it was. The same nervous laugh she had all the time. Even when it was just them two, she even used it. At this point he crossed his arms, and kept his cold demeanor. He never really cared for this school, seeing how he was force to come here in the first place.

Magic couldn't help but dig his finger into his arm. He didn't insist that. He wanted to tell the truth! It was his choice to make not hers! He wasn't trying to keep her from protecting him, he just want to tell the truth! He really appreciated the she tried to protect him, but it was always her damn mind that made her think other wise. He knew how minds could get.

He let out a sigh as she finally called him stupid.. This was all his fault. All of it. He knew that much. He never meant to hurt her. He never meant to betray her. He watched as she ran. A pang of guilt hit him then. He thought she was strong for keeping all of that in, but people were bound to break at some point, and sadly she found hers at this point in time. The whole time being yelled at he didn't feel anything, until then. Thats normally how it worked isn't it? Just sit and listen, make remarks in your head, and then finally feel stuff at the end.

This point he was debating in going after her. He knew she probably wanted her space, but if he went after her, she just might realize that he actually cared for her. Finally he said something. "I deserved that.." He remarked. He let out another sigh, then finally walked out of the room. Yep he was going after her. (Sorry Barry and Aspen) No he wasn't going to run after her. That should give her some time.

Honestly he was calling himself stupid in his head as well. He walked at a brisk pace, and finally found her. Her form against the wall. He could hear her crying, and he felt more guilty than ever. He paused a little bit away. "I deserved every bit of that..." He spoke to her. She was probably just gonna yell at him to go away most likely, but he wasn't going to. He didn't want to. He wanted to show her that he cared.

Last edited by Coon on Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wild
Sanic Master
Wild

PostSubject: Re: Some People Shouldn't Fail [Open]   Some People Shouldn't Fail [Open] - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 9:15 pm

Barry listened in awe as Lamia explained her side. He wasn't sure what to say, but before he could speak she had run out of the room. He then turned to Magic, who soon ran out of the room after her. He turned to Aspen, shocked.

And then he waited for Aspen to stop poofing.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: Some People Shouldn't Fail [Open]   Some People Shouldn't Fail [Open] - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 12:44 am

Stupid, stupid, stupid. What the hell did any of them know anyway? She thought she could relate a bit to the other Winter, but apparently not. He'd have to go through hell and back and continue that cycle for another three years to feel that same pain. Lamia heard the footsteps - she heard them coming closer and closer, creeping up on her like a tiger ready to pounce on its prey. What did he want with her now? To rub it in her face that she was right about her inferiority, that someone like her couldn't do anything meaningful for the world? Her eyes slipped past him, unable to actually look him in the eye and hear what he wanted to say. Why bother? She was just a timid kitten who hid behind others when it was unable to do anything and ran when it was afraid of being told off.

She opened her mouth, wanting to tell him to just leave her alone and that she didn't want to be anywhere near anyone, but everything was caught in her throat. Her tongue seemed to be twisting itself into knots in ways that made impossible for her to speak. Why did she let herself try and get close to another person? It only hurt to have friendships... Feeling the pain was horrible. Lamia didn't want to deal with anguish or pain so many times. It was crippling her inside, shattering the glass that held her together.

Taking a deep breath, she tried to control her tears, her vision unfocused. It was so hard to see through it all. She didn't want to admit her minor crush on him at all... She'd push their friendship far enough by acting so pathetically. She was still mentally screaming and cursing herself. That stupid voice in her head was right. She tried to do something, and it made everything worse. She should've just sat back and let everything happen without her interference. Home was more comfortable. Kearn wouldn't mind if she locked herself into her room, would he? The idea of drinking seemed far more soothing than any other lullaby at the moment.

Stress. Anxiety. Panic. Fear. Indignity. Betrayal. Pain. Concern. Worry. Dejected. Her emotions were just a jumbled up mess, and Lamia shifted uncomfortably, turning her blue eyes away from him. She didn't want him to see her like this. The truly pathetic person she was. How did she bring herself to this kind of identity when she used to be normal? Because of her 'gift'. It was a curse.

Crumpling her uniform's sleeve as she tried to strengthen her grip, to force the pain physically onto herself. To temporarily distract herself of how messed up she was inside. To ignore the sadness and grief. Was it wrong that she wanted to break her arm even further so she could never use it again?

"Y-you sh-should've kept it a s-s-secret..."

Her voice was shaking so badly. Could he hear how terrified she was?

"I... I d-don't w-want to see you h-hurt any f-further."

If they didn't know, they wouldn't have to ridicule him. Everything would've been her fault, and he wouldn't be the bad guy. They wouldn't misunderstand him just because he misunderstood them. Magic was actually a good person and she admired him for his courage, his way of thinking and attitude towards life. That's what you like about him. They were traits she wished she had.

Just once. She wanted to be able to defend someone, but... she couldn't. She always had to be the one behind everyone else. Her will was weak. Nothing was waiting for her brightly in her future. And Lamia doubted there was a way to mend it...

... What was "it"?
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Some People Shouldn't Fail [Open]   Some People Shouldn't Fail [Open] - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 12:00 pm

Magic sighed. He didn't know that she didn't want to see him hurt, but unfortunately that's how things were always gonna be. "Lamia, I'm always gonna end up hurt in some manner.. You can't always protect me.. I appreciated what you tried to do, but I wanted to tell the truth.. If they ditch me, how cares? I still got a friend that stuck with me through two mess now.. I have a friend that cares for me. I wish she would realize just how much I care for her." He said, not caring about the other students that may come through the area. He sat down in his spot, and leaned against the wall.

"I don't want to see you hurt either. It's not cause I think you are weak, it's because you are my friend. Friends take care of each other, and defend each other. I don't think you are weak at all Lamia.. In fact I think you are very strong. You kept these feelings in for a while.." He said. He was trying to stay calm. If he switched to a different tone of voice then she may get defensive again.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: Some People Shouldn't Fail [Open]   Some People Shouldn't Fail [Open] - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 4:34 pm

Lamia blinked.

Then laughter was bubbling up her throat, shaking and loud, and she laughed out, softly. The hysterical kind of laughter; she barely noticed the tears that had sprung into her eyes, hot and salty as they rolled down her cheeks and ended up at the corners of her mouth. Locking her gaze at him at last, there was just one thing: the blue in her eyes were gloomy. It made Lamia want to laugh even harder because, gods, she looked so pathetic in front of Magic. And she'd tried so hard too. Deluding herself, thinking that it was all her imagination whenever he was willing to talk to her, that he was lying to her that he found her important. Was this just a game of mockery now, too? Did he find it funny to poke at her flaws?

By the time her laughter had died down, small sobs were wrecking her figure and she finally noticed how close she was to Magic, that they were sitting side by side. With her emotions like this, Lamia wasn't taking the risk. Backing closer into the corner like a mouse that was caught out and terrified for its life, she seemed even smaller than normal. She was still trembling, and she bit her lip, unable to find any words to fight back. She was about to open her mouth and apologize, because even though she meant everything she said, she shouldn't have been so direct. But those weren't the words that came out. "Is th-this s-s-some kind of s-sick g-game...?"
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Some People Shouldn't Fail [Open]   Some People Shouldn't Fail [Open] - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 4:56 pm

A frown grew on Magic's face as she laughed. She wasn't going to listen to anything he was saying was she? God this was starting to piss him off slightly. Did she think it was a sick game? None of this was a game to him. One of his hands curled into a fist and slammed into the wall causing it to shake lightly. Dammit Lamia! This is not some sick game! I'm being serious! Why can't you get it through your head that people can care for you too? I don't care about what happened in your past!" He clenched his hand that hit the wall tightly, digging his fingers into the palm of his hand. He felt like giving up but he didn't want to at the same time.. God why did this have to be so complicated? He was never good with these kind of situations. "I'm probably only making things worse.." He said in a soft tone.. He was just a complete failure wasn't he?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some People Shouldn't Fail [Open]   Some People Shouldn't Fail [Open] - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Some People Shouldn't Fail [Open]
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next