Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Some People Shouldn't Fail [Open]

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

Beata Bucks : 10659

Some People Shouldn't Fail [Open] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some People Shouldn't Fail [Open]   Some People Shouldn't Fail [Open] - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 5:13 pm

Lamia lowered her face back down to the ground, trying to conceal it as a new burst of crying emerged, burrowing under her hands. She ignored the flash of pain that ran through her arm. Why didn't he get that? There was no way that people cared about her. Swallowing back her surprise from Magic's sudden outburst, she took a sharp breath, then released it slowly, trying to calm her thudding heart. What was with her stupid overreaction? Nobody should be cutting time out of their lives to try and comfort or pity her. Maybe she really was just a kid inside after all, because the next thing that came out of her mouth was, "D-don't e-even t-t-talk to people a-about that w-when you c-can't do the same."

She knew she was provoking him, but her frustration with him was getting out of hand. How could he even try and say anything when he was cautious about his own name and past? Why couldn't he just leave her alone? Why did he follow her? Why did he even care? This was all so embarrassing... What the hell did she even admire him for? He was worse than her at this entire thing called life.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

Beata Bucks : 9409

PostSubject: Re: Some People Shouldn't Fail [Open]   Some People Shouldn't Fail [Open] - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 5:39 pm

He clenched his teeth. "Oh? I can't do the same? Then you shouldn't be talking to me about trying because you don't even try at all! You would rather wallow in your own sadness then even try! I'm fucking cautious about my past because it could set me onto a rampage! I would rather not destroy a school!" He growled. "I will stop caring about my past when I can finally stop being effected by it.." He was getting quieter at this point. He was just as frustrated as she was at this point. He would regret what he said but for now he didn't even care. She didn't even care about what he was saying, so why should he care about what he was saying?
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: Some People Shouldn't Fail [Open]   Some People Shouldn't Fail [Open] - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 5:59 pm

Lamia opted to stare straight into Magic's eyes - they literally blazed with anger, and all she could think about was how similar he was to her brother when Kearn was furious. Absently, she wondered if that was something that every person possessed at one point, but then quickly dismissed it. The rage was so real, just as real as her own vexation when she was forced to come to the school and her own past. Maybe she was able to control it to some extent, but the bitterness was still there - the idea of being left behind, of why everyone seemed to be perfectly content with their lives while she had to suffer, the fury of not being acknowledged and the overall feeling of being left out - it was all real. That was why, Lamia knew that Magic had every right to be mad at her, and she didn't plan to look down on him for that.

"H-h-how d-do y-you want me t-to try when I-I've m-murdered people?" she started softly, finally letting it out. Lamia breathed out, "I-I k-killed my b-best friend..." Her voice reeked with resignation, desperation, and despair. And this was only scratching the surface.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Some People Shouldn't Fail [Open]   Some People Shouldn't Fail [Open] - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 6:22 pm

He wasn't really shocked when he was told that seeing how he almost killed a bunch of people, but he could see why she would be upset. And by bunch he means a lot cause he lost count of how many fights he won. It was over 50 he knew that. "The same way I still continue to try after almost killing a good many people. The same way you told me to keep going after I hurt you so badly. I knew I did a good amount of damage when I hit you. I know how strong I am.. I'm just glad I didn't use full strength on that punch.." He brought his legs in closed to him, and rested his arms on his knees, then rested his head on his arms.. "I know it's not just as simple as that.. I guess just take things slowly.. Start with small things.. Start with one person.. I'm sure your best friend would want you to keep going.. just like mine did.." He said. She would probably snap at him for saying that last part, but it was worth the chance. He didn't lose his best friend like she did, but he watched as his best friend was taken from him, with out even a say in it. The one person who kept him from fighting was taken from him, and never heard from again..
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: Some People Shouldn't Fail [Open]   Some People Shouldn't Fail [Open] - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 6:39 pm

Lamia knew she was being childish and immature. That she was still deluding herself, trying so hard to convince herself of how worthless she was. And it kept going from there. Nobody would care about someone who took lives out of cold-blood. She was going to regret it later, but she was still adding fuel to the fire. There was one phrase that was obvious for this situation: Out of the frying pan and into the fire. He was still treating her like a helpless child who couldn't find its way, crying because it was so absolutely lost. There was one thing that made her different from him - she knew her place and she wasn't going to try and step up and away from it. "I-I'm weak... th-there's no w-way I could k-keep trying..."

What was he thinking, trying to convince her otherwise? She had only held everything out of courtesy and consideration, so that others wouldn't look at her pathetic figure and pity her. Why did he still care, even when she killed? Why was he so insistent on following her around? "M-my b-best friend probably hates m-me f-for killing him." Take things slowly? Time was not something to play around with. "J-j-just like e-everyone else..."

Don't tell me you care about me or try and convince me otherwise. she added silently to herself.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Some People Shouldn't Fail [Open]   Some People Shouldn't Fail [Open] - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 7:23 pm

He wasn't trying to treat her like a child. He just wasn't good at this kind of stuff. He was just trying to be motivating he guessed, but he couldn't do that.. All he could really do was punch out his problems. He resorted to fighting everytime he was faced with a problem before he got here.. Even now it's hard to deal with some problems. She still wasn't listening.. It was like he was screaming at the top of his lungs, but he just heard the echos bouncing in vain.. Nothing was there to listen. Restating something wasn't going to help at all.. "What do I know? I just fight out my problems.." He mumbled, looking away from the girl. "I must be weak too seeing how all I do is fail.. Haven't succeeded once.. Always a failure in some way or another.." The dark-haired boy mumbled.. He was just gonna keep making things worse at this point, so it would be better to stop with the motivating shit.. It was pointless anyway.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: Some People Shouldn't Fail [Open]   Some People Shouldn't Fail [Open] - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 7:47 pm

Lamia's breath hitched in her throat. What happened to all of that determination? It sent a chill down her spine, hearing the sadness, unbearable resignation and acceptance that made her stomach sink, because this wasn't good. Those pauses, it was almost in the same tone she used and she could literally hear her heart hammering inside her chest. The shock that statement brought made her heart clench, her fingertips trembling and the slow crawl of terror through her body as she let out a shaky whisper, "M-magic...?" She couldn't think. Couldn't breathe. Why did he give up on her?

All of that confidence from before, where did it go? In all the maelstrom of her emotions, never once had she intentionally hit someone else. This was an exception. Her hand had made contact with his face, and her eyes traveled to her hand, twitching, as though she hadn't expect it to happen. But, too late. "D-don't. Even. T-talk. Like. Th-that." She breathed out at last, each breath shallow and brief like she was out of air. "I-It c-can't be l-like that. Y-you're n-not following th-the s-same path I t-took."
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Some People Shouldn't Fail [Open]   Some People Shouldn't Fail [Open] - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 8:08 pm

It didn't really hurt him when she slapped him. It stung a little bit and would most likely leave a marking but it wasn't really painful. All those years of fighting made him kind of pain resistant. He blinked in surprise though. He looked over at her. He didn't really know what to say at this point. If she traveled back in time and saw him before the fights then she would probably be slapping him all the time. He didn't even bother to move her hand. He just let it sit there. He still didn't know what to say, all he did was nod.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: Some People Shouldn't Fail [Open]   Some People Shouldn't Fail [Open] - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 9:23 pm

The unexpected and sudden assault had finally washed over, adrenaline still rushing through her entire body. He didn't seem damaged from it nor phased. How could he stay so calm after everything she's done? Magic was really lucky that her power hadn't activated on the spot and... Oh gods. Why didn't she think before she tried to slap him? Lamia's heart had skipped a beat or two, her eyes widening in realization that she had the potential to kill him right then and there. Fuckfuckfuckfuck... she cursed inwardly to herself, pursing her lips. She should leave. She really should. But she found herself, frozen, petrified at the idea that she could've just actually hurt him. Her hand was still in the air, shaking terribly before she slowly brought it down. "I-I-I... s-s...." The words were caught in her throat, she couldn't finish.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Some People Shouldn't Fail [Open]   Some People Shouldn't Fail [Open] - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 10:12 pm

He shook his head. "Don't worry about it. I deserved that to.." He stated returning to his usual calm self. People occasionally had some sad moments and that was one of his. He had more angry moments than sad moments though. Being angry was kind of his specialty, seeing how that was really the only emotion he knew for a while. Though he didn't know of the danger he could have been in that moment. He didn't really exactly know what her power was, or what it could do. He just knew she could heal herself with it. It seemed like things were getting better which was good. He was happy for that.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: Some People Shouldn't Fail [Open]   Some People Shouldn't Fail [Open] - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 10:32 am

"N-no... Y-you didn't," Lamia started, searching through her mind for some kind of comfort, some kind of anchor that would keep her emotions in tact. She rarely got angry, if ever, and this was just one of those times where she just sort of overreacted. It was frustrating that she had no one to confide in her true feelings face to face - Kearn's constant presence before was something she was thankful for. And now, she was completely alone. Her heart was racing too fast, her mind drifting off, and she couldn't find the right words. What do I do? she asked herself, hoping her subconscious would give her an answer. For once this entire conversation, it stayed shut. If I had killed him right then... What was I going to do?
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Some People Shouldn't Fail [Open]   Some People Shouldn't Fail [Open] - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 11:44 am

"I did." At leas in his mind he did. At the moment it looked like something was bothering her. He wanted to say that she could tell him, but after the moment they had, he decided it wouldn't be the best idea right now. She probably still thought he was stupid or something. He still might want to ask if she was alright.. hopefully she wouldn't hyperventilate or freak out again.. "Are you alright? Aside from what happened a moment ago?" She was probably gonna look at him like he was dumb for asking that, but it was worth a shot. Maybe..
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: Some People Shouldn't Fail [Open]   Some People Shouldn't Fail [Open] - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 11:52 am

Her lips thinned. She couldn't quite describe the feelings bubbling her chest now - there's confusion and disappointment, and yet, most of all, an echoing sadness that she couldn't fathom; why couldn't she understand her own feelings? It only made her heart wrench. Why would he bother talking to her? Why did he still even care that she was around? It wasn't fair for him to pity her. There were reasons she kept her power a secret. Lamia wasn't like her twin - he was willing to let everything in the past go and try and start a new life. She had held onto her regret foolishly and couldn't run away from it. What other purpose did she serve except to waste people's time? "N-no..." There was a soft smile on her face, and she wasn't sure whether to interpret it as fond, lonely, and horribly sad at once. "I-idiot..."

You have no idea how much danger you're in if you kept hanging out with me. It was the same every time. Why did she keep trying? It would only hurt her more. Fuck having friends. It was the same every single time. She'd either hurt them or kill them. Her best friend. Katsuo. Aiko. Her brother. Her mom. Her dad. She had hurt every single one of them. Why the hell did she keep trying, thinking it would be different?
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Some People Shouldn't Fail [Open]   Some People Shouldn't Fail [Open] - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 12:10 pm

A soft smile made its way to his face even though he wasn't exactly happy. He was more sad about this whole situation than anything. "Yeah.. I am an idiot.." Yeah that bit was true. Always taking the risk for fights, not caring if his life was in danger even though the next person to challenge him could have been his downfall, yet it never was. "I'm an idiot that doesn't care about any risk.." He found it a bit weird that they were just casually talking about this stuff in some area while sitting on the floor.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Queen of Lolis
Echo

PostSubject: Re: Some People Shouldn't Fail [Open]   Some People Shouldn't Fail [Open] - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 1:13 pm

She replied quietly, "I-I m-meant me..." Her throat felt dry, and her very own existence was gripped with unspeakable fear. The fear of hoping. Painful, blinding hope. Why did Fate play with her life, allowing that small fire to keep sustaining itself when it should of just been put out and shut? Images of earlier flashed through her head: Magic's face contorted with pain, Aspen's surprised scream, Barry's shocked eyes, and her own pathetic, stupid smile. What made her flinch was not the statement itself; it was the half-sad and half-frustrated tone that snuck its way into his voice. Lamia turned her head a little, keeping her gaze down - if she looked at him right then and there, she would lose it. Head suddenly reeling, she had to clear her throat, blinking back the heat that suddenly burned at the back of her eyelids, and slowly got up, staggering slightly. What came out though, was a weak, "Y-you don't owe me anything." And I don't owe you an explanation. she thought quietly to herself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some People Shouldn't Fail [Open]   Some People Shouldn't Fail [Open] - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Some People Shouldn't Fail [Open]
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next