Beata Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Rumors of a List are beginning to circle around the school... A list of what...?
I love you, Pillow ♥
Ebony was here.
Do you have any ideas for future events? Tell us!
You looked so beautiful.

Open Window [closed]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Coon
Flower King
Coon

Beata Bucks : 9418

Open Window [closed] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Open Window [closed]   Open Window [closed] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 2:14 pm

He was shocked because he never expected to outright ask a question like that. It wasn't really ever important to bring up himself, and no one else ever asked. And for her to ask a question like that... it was probably more shocking that she was the one who asked. When she laughed his embarrassment grew it was hard to hide the red on his face. He rubbed his face with his hands trying to get it to go away and regain his composure.

After doing so he dropped his hands. "It normally doesn't. I just never expected that question to come from you." He said to the girl. And the thing about the window was true. Most people didn't do that and he has done that twice now. He saw her wink and decided to take a drink of his coffee before responding. "I wouldn't say it's a weakness.. It wasn't ever important to me so it wasn't a regular conversation topic.." If anyone else brought it up he would have shrugged it off. There were only a few people if they asked would have gotten that reaction.
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

Beata Bucks : 9676

PostSubject: Re: Open Window [closed]   Open Window [closed] - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 10:59 pm

She knew she shouldn't have thought so, but the way that red flushed his otherwise stern face, and how he rubbed at his cheeks, was both hilarious and adorable to her, and make it even more difficult to hold back her laughter. Truth be told, it wasn't a question she ever expected herself to ask either, but perhaps she was just feeling reckless around him. He was so cool and easy going otherwise, she didn't feel the need to act or play it easy around him. Apparently that pleasant feeling could backfire just about on every aspect of life. "You're not the only one full of surprises," She mused jokingly, stirring around her coffee and taking in a smother small drink.

"Now, now. No need to lie. I was always taught that was at the forefront of men's minds," The girl said in a simple matter-of-factly tone, still messing with him. She hadn't need fear of doing that either, she noticed. Whatever she said was harmless, like water off a ducks back. "What is your weakness then? Do you even have one?" She was expecting an answer like spiders or something, which in her modest opinion, we're the devil's creatures.
Back to top Go down
https://beataacademy.rpg-board.net
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Open Window [closed]   Open Window [closed] - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 9:37 pm

Might have been the forefront of other men's minds but not his. It wasn't important and it probably won't be for a while. Whatever it wasn't important. "My weakness?" He wasn't too sure about that. It wasn't something he ever thought about. Did she mean fighting wise, or personality wise, or some other thing? "I guess I don't really have one.. or I just haven't found it yet. I can't exactly say people don't have one cause everyone has one." He remarked. He could usually find one from someone if they were opposing him if he pushed the right buttons, but there wasn't much of a need for that anymore. "I guess I will find it at some point.. or someone else will find it."
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: Open Window [closed]   Open Window [closed] - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 5:35 am

Why couldn't she have meant all of the above? Dakota couldn't have said she wasn't disappointed, but at the same time, she was impressed. It was a strange feeling. "Huh," she mused, pausing and reaching for a small cookie, dipping it lazily in her drink. "Most people have a whole list from here to Jupiter and back, even if they don't like to admit it." Whether if it was their friends or their loved ones, or their gifts, their insecurities, their weakness, their self-consciousness. She certainly knew she had her own weak-spots, even if she didn't often think of it herself. Maybe that was a human thing. To just ignore the bad unless it was necessary. "They certainly say the most about a person." Kota shrugged and bit lightly into her treat.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Open Window [closed]   Open Window [closed] - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 7:34 pm

Magic took a small snack from one of the trays and took a bite. He ate it before he spoke again. "Well not knowing is good in some ways, because if someone is trying to find it you won't give it away as easily, but at the same time if you were ever facing a bad guy they could know something you don't and then take you by surprise with it." He took a small drink of his coffee. "Or at least that is how I think of it. Also with not knowing you don't really have the option of thinking on it, you can really only focus on your strengths." She was right though about it saying something about someone. He reached for another treat to eat. Those were good.
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: Open Window [closed]   Open Window [closed] - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 1:08 am

The Spring found herself blinking a few times, trying to play catch up with all his words. She didn't think she'd heard him talk quite so much in such a short amount of time. Thankfully, once she stopped and played it over again in her mind, the message became clear enough for her to follow along with. "Do you always think so far ahead?" Dakota asked, letting her thoughts trail out verbally, trying her best to fill the small empty space between them and keep it from getting too quiet. "Do you have many bad guys to worry about? The surprises just keep on coming. I didn't think you were the type to pick fights either." She shrugged with a small smirk and stuck a small cookie in her mouth, letting it hang between her lips.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Open Window [closed]   Open Window [closed] - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2016 4:49 pm

He frowned. He talked a bit too much then, oh well.. "Well.. My mom wasn't the best person and didn't take care of me too well, so I basically took care of myself and I had to make sure I didn't end up in too much trouble cause my mom certainly wouldn't bail me out." That was the short explanation, it would work for now. "I'm just so used to thinking that way from my experience. Sorry if I'm weirding you out with it." He apologized not wanting to freak out the girl. He took another treat and bit into it.
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: Open Window [closed]   Open Window [closed] - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2016 7:47 pm

Dakota paused mid-cookie bite, giving him a thoughtful look. Exactly how deep, she wondered, did this trouble with his mother run? On one hand, she wasn't surprised. Over the years, ever since her gift had grown to be able to pick up the thoughts of everyone around her, she'd quickly realized how unpleasant the world could be. People could be cruel and it was less uncommon than one would like to imagine.

"It doesn't weird me at all," she answered, pulling the treat away from her lips. Yet while she knew, and understood how real a situation like his could be, she couldn't understand what it felt like. "I suppose I should count myself lucky. I hated living with my parents, but I never had to take care of myself." The more she thought about it, the more stupid she felt. "If we ever met outside this school, you'd probably hate me. I'm just some spoiled, rich girl." Dakota mused half-jokingly.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Open Window [closed]   Open Window [closed] - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2016 9:05 pm

Taking the treat out of his mouth for a moment. "If we met outside of school it would either turn out good or bad depending on the age you met me." He kept his thoughts from wondering to the bad side of that. "If you met like seven year old me then things would have turned out okay, you probably would have met my grandma who would have given you all kinds of treats." His grandma was the person he typically stayed with when he was younger. Though his words probably only confused her more. "If you were talking about now just without the school setting? We would have probably gotten along." Honestly if they had met outside of school and he learned she was trapped in her home he probably would have broken her out of there.
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: Open Window [closed]   Open Window [closed] - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2016 12:13 pm

"That sounds like a dream... That is, being spoiled with treats." She rarely was allowed to each much sugar growing up. After all, a woman's appearance mattered just as much as her brains, if not more. That's what her parents told her anyways. The chance to get away from her home sounded even more-so like a fantasy. Some handsome, tough street guy to free her from her dull life. It sounded like the basis of some sort of cheesy novel. She couldn't help but smile at the idea.

But there was something off in his words. Things he was leaving out that she couldn't quite pick up on, even with her gift. "And not the time in-between?" Dakota asked lightly. Was there something wrong with him then? Because of his mother. Ah, maybe she shouldn't have asked... The Spring tore her gaze away from him dismissively, giving him the chance to ignore the question.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Open Window [closed]   Open Window [closed] - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2016 12:54 pm

Yeah it was a nice time with his grandmother around. She was perhaps one of the nicest ladies that ever lived. Though she wasn't afraid to defend anyone when it came down to it. "My grandmother was a wonderful person. Not a single bad thought in her head. If you met her, you would have liked her." But there wasn't such a chance now. She was gone, but he tried his best not to remember her in sadness.

Magic wasn't really shocked when her next question came. He shook his head. "Probably not. I liked very few people in that time. You would have to make a very good impression to get one my good side then, and then keep working for me to somewhat like you." He explained. He didn't know how much further in detail he would want to go in an explanation about that. He didn't exactly want to scare her away. It wasn't exactly one of his best times as a person then.
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: Open Window [closed]   Open Window [closed] - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 20, 2016 8:00 pm

Dakota tilted her head to the side, resting her cheek gently against her hand as her emerald eyes flickered over to him again, giving him a curious look over. She certainly wasn't scared of him, but there was definitely a lot more to this guy than most she had met before. Then again, if you came from a society of plastics, she supposed anyone else outside her former bubble would have come as a surprise.

"You're starting to sound like you were a mob boss or something," she said simply. The red-head took another sip of her tea, keeping her gaze locked onto him. "Walking around late on the streets. Your own group of minions. Having the world's best grand-mama." The Spring's smile grew lighter, imagining the young man in a dark cap and a warm Italian vest. It wasn't a bad image.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Open Window [closed]   Open Window [closed] - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 20, 2016 9:40 pm

He recoiled slightly, but caught himself in time that it was just a small movement that made him look like he was just shifting his weight. He laughed a little at her response. "Yeah, like I could do that.." He tried his best to keep his tone the same, but it wavered slightly. He kept his mind from drifting to cursing at himself for letting his tone waver, and just stayed focused on the conversation at hand. His mind switching from the mock scene he imagined in his head at her suggestion to one of the treats that he was eating.
Back to top Go down
Ebony
Admin
Ebony

PostSubject: Re: Open Window [closed]   Open Window [closed] - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 27, 2016 5:55 pm

As much as he tried to mask it, hiding things away from your own mind was no easy feat. While he might not have given his cover away explicitly, Magic and went and left her with real strong feelings that she was on to something. The girl flit a small smile and a laugh under her breath, to help calm him and keep the mood light, agreeing that something like that sounded entirely silly - but she wouldn't forget this small little conversation of theirs.

"You do look way too nice looking for something like that," She said, her grin growing as she poked at him... Until she realized exactly what she said. "Nice as in you couldn't hurt a fly!" Dakota corrected herself in a hurry.
Back to top Go down
Coon
Flower King
Coon

PostSubject: Re: Open Window [closed]   Open Window [closed] - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 27, 2016 10:15 pm

He figured he couldn't hide anything from her even if he tried his hardest. He didn't really like talking about it too much. He frowned slight and rest his head on his hand as he looked at the girl across from him as she poked fun. "Yeah I'm so nice looking I'm fluffy." He said, adding to her comments not really paying any mind to her first comment. He was pretty sure that was a compliment, but he was tired, and he was never good with those kinds of things. He was keeping the mood light, like she planned.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Open Window [closed]   Open Window [closed] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Open Window [closed]
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next